Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Falling- A DeathNote Fanfic

Ch 4

by Daughter_of_Rome 0 reviews

Valla meets her new roommate, only she's the only one who really knows about him. Only question is, is he an angel or a demon?

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2016-01-05 - 425 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER 4: SHINIGAMI

I closed my door as calmly as I could, but inside I was screaming. I opened the DeathNote to the first page, where the name Nikole Javacole was burned into the page.

I took my little stub of a pencil and erased. And I erased. And I erased. But those words would not come off, not even as my eraser ran out of life. But even if those words were erased, I doubted the magic of the book could be undone.

Calm down, remember your breathing exercises.

1...

2...

I think there's someone in my bed with me...

3...

4...

Don't look. Looking will only make it real.

5...

I looked.

678910OHMYGOD!

I was visited from a being from neither Heaven nor Hell.

~~~

My first encounter with a Shinigami was not very pleasant for me. He, however, later told me that he couldn't stop laughing.

However, as I imagine some of you may applaud the colorful details of a story, you may disapprove of my even more colorful vocabulary. So, I'll skip over our initial meeting.

~~~

I had somehow wedged myself inbetween the wall and the bed, still hopelessly trying to swat at the tall, skinny manlike thing. My hand went right through it, without so much as rustling a single spike of black hair on his head.

Comically, it swat back at me with long, pale fingers, saying, "Hey, hey, hey, stop. Stop it."

The door opened and Cameron poked his head in, looking confused, "Is everything alright, Val?"

I looked at the thing and then I looked back at Cameron. Obviously if he could see what looked like a satanic, punk rock stick figure he wouldn't have to ask that question.

So I nodded, and attempted to unwedge myself. Cameron came in to help, passing right through my nightmare as he did so.

"You know," I sheepishly suggested as my butt came free, "maybe you could take me for a meal." I forgot the need to be alone with my punishment for murder.

"Sure, but may I ask why you were wedged behind your bed?"

I couldn't tell hin the truth, but I didn't want to lie to him either. "I saw a really big spider." A seven foot tall, two legged, terrifying spider, which I later found out to simply be a mischievous, apple loving Shinigami.

~~~

Perhaps he could be a pain, but after meeting a few other Shinigami, I still prefer him. At least he has sone sense of humor and you can always bribe him with any kind of apple you can find.
Sign up to rate and review this story