Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Pretending To Hate

1. "Clean that up."

by TabithaHallows 0 reviews

Valentine Lestange is the only child of Bellatrix and Rodolphus Lestrange. No sooner then three days after Valentines birth , Bellatrix and Rodolphus with sentenced to Azkaban for life. Valentine w...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Snape - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2016-01-07 - Updated: 2016-01-08 - 480 words

0Unrated
For some people lying is a easy way out. For some people its the most simple thing ever. But for Valentine Lestrange it was her entire existence.


-----Pretending to Hate-----


Valentine Lestrange smiled contently as she stared out the large window of her bedroom. The grey clouds loomed above the manor and its large green grounds. Not only was it always gloomy there, but the air was always cold and the sky was always dark. This was something that was simply excepted by the residents of the manor. Beside a place like Malfoy Manor was hardly worthy of sunlight.

The small girl who sat upon the window seat turned her head to the several suit cases carrying her belongs that sat beside her grand four poster bed. This year she was eleven years old, this year she would attend Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry for the first time, this year her work would truly begin.

Suddenly Valentine was pulled from her thoughts when she heard a knock at her door.

"Who is it?" She called from her place at the window seat.

"I-its Haley, Miss!" Her maid called back to her though the wooden door.

"Come in Haley." Show time.

The dark haired maid entered the room and shut the door behind her. Her arms full of freshly washed linen.

"I thought you were supposed to have that done hours ago." Valentine stood with her hands on her hips and a blazing glare in her eyes as she looked upon the older girl.

"Well, um, Miss , its just that..." The maid stuttered , frozen in fear of the small girl. Fearful of what she might do to her this time.

"Haley..." The girl scolded darkly, taking one small step towards the maid. "Do you need me to remind you of what happens when you fail to perform your duties properly?"

"N-no, Miss." The girl mumbled, completely frozen with dread.

"Are you sure?" Valentine asked, suddenly right beside her and brushing her dark hair aside ,whispering in her ear. It has to be done. This could save her life, this could save a million lives.

The maid jumps , her heart pounding harshly against her rib cage, her skin cold to touch and covered with goosebumps.

"Y-y-yes, Miss."

"Then you better get to it, Haley." Valentine whispered dangerously, her crystal blue eyes telling a silent story of hate and loathing. Its all for the sake of my reputation.

Haley rushes to replace the linen on her bed, her hands still shaking.

"Oh and Haley?"

"Yes , Miss?"

Valentine smirks coldly and places her finger tip lightly on the edge of a vase sitting on a small table by the door, and gently pushes it over the side of the table. The maid jumps as the vase crashes to the hard wood floor with a sickening crack.

"Clean that up." I'm so sorry.
Sign up to rate and review this story