Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Your Greatest Fear

Mission Compromised

by InconsciousSin 1 review

Roy compromises the mission.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Riza Hawkeye,Roy Mustang - Published: 2016-01-07 - 6403 words

0Unrated
Chapter two: Mission Compromised

Everything was going fine; she had managed to snag the attention of the target within moments of entering the bar. She assumed this would be just like any other undercover operation: flirt a little, feign interest until the man was either intoxicated enough by the liquor or by lust to reveal the necessary information needed to arrest them, then hold them at gun point while the team put them in handcuffs and towed them back to headquarters. Unfortunately, Riza wasn't expecting the Colonel to behave like an errant child. He was never a fan of her Elizabeth persona when it came to missions like these, but for some reason, he was misbehaving more than usual with this one.

Riza heard a loud clatter from where her teammates were seated at the bar and managed to sneak a glance in that direction. Havoc was lying atop of Roy, both groaning in pain from the fall. She flashed a smile at Tallen, hoping the men wouldn't draw his attention. "Are you thirsty? How about I go get us another drink?" He managed a smirk, nodding in approval, before heading off to the bathroom.

Those men were going to get it. Her fingers were twitching, begging for the trigger of her concealed weapon as she approached the two men still lying in a heap on the filthy floor. "Colonel?" Elizabeth was gone. Riza's typical, detached military tone was back in place. Roy sat up, grumbling and rubbing at his shoulder where he must have landed. Her patience was wearing thin; this guy, Tallen Greggs, was a dangerous criminal and she has been doing everything in her power tonight to lure him into confessing something of value to her so that they could finally lock him up. However, the Colonel seemed to be desperately trying everything in his power to prevent this mission from being a success.

Riza let out an exasperated sigh. "Sir, get up before you ruin this mission. Do you need to go on outside watch with Falman and Breda? Or perhaps I should just send you home for the night to cool off?" She knew her voice had a slight edge of annoyance to it, but she couldn't help it. Riza knew Roy was jealous; of what, she was not sure. It's not like this is a real date with a real guy. This is an undercover operation to bring a terrible criminal to justice. He acts like he's the one that is constantly being forced to watch her go out on date after date with someone different every day of the week while he goes home every night alone. She tried to shake the jealous thoughts away. This was neither the time nor the location that such thoughts should be plaguing her. Still, it felt nice seeing him so flustered over another man paying her attention.

Roy finally managed to heave Havoc off of him, brushing invisible dust from the front of his white button up. He made a sour face, realizing his gloves were soaked from something wet on the floor. "Or maybe we should abandon this mission. It's getting too dangerous. And how am I ruining the mission when you are over here talking to us? He's going to notice." Roy's lips tilted up into that familiar devilish grin and it took everything in her power to remain stoic, not allowing her heart to dance at the sight of the handsome man's signature crooked smile. Riza nodded her head towards the doors to the left of them at the far end of the crowded room. "He went to the restroom and asked me to get us another drink. He hasn't given me much to go on yet, so we aren't quite done here." she brushed her hair back over her shoulder, not truly thinking about how much of her cleavage was visible until she watched Roy's eyes travel along every curve of her body in this too tight dress. She felt the heat rising to her cheeks without her permission, but luckily Roy was too busy eyeing the rest of her to notice it. "You look beautiful tonight by the way, Lieutenant." There was another blush rushing to her cheeks, but she quickly willed it away. "Thank you, sir. But I would rather get this over with so I can get out of this dress and these heels so please... behave yourself?" He continued looking at her with that devilish look in his eyes, "If you are in such a hurry to get out of that dress, I would gladly assist you." Riza's stomach did a nervous flip at the flirtatious ramblings of her superior. "Very funny, sir. Just behave yourself."

She threatened them once more, before taking her leave to go order the drinks. She could feel Roy's eyes on her as she walked away, and even as she was standing there at the bar speaking to the bartender. "Hey, sweetheart, needing another drink?" The bartender asked her. Riza's eyebrow twitched at the adorable little pet name. The man had been kind enough to her since ordering her first drink, but now she was beginning to think he was getting too comfortable. She tried to suppress the urge to say something snarky and simply flashed him her famous Elizabeth smile. "Yes, please. A rum and soda and a-"

The sound of something shattering cut her off. She twisted her head around, eyeing her superior once again, flashing him a confused glance. How did I know it was going to be him again causing chaos? He grinned from ear to ear, opening his palm to allow the shards of glass to trickle down into a pile on the bartop. "heh, oops." The bartender rolled his eyes, clearly not in the mood to deal with the Colonel's shenanigans. You're not the only one. "Excuse me for just a moment. Let me take care of this situation and then I'll get that drink order for you." She nodded to him before turning her attention back to Roy and Havoc. Havoc's back was to her, but Roy was seated to where he was slightly facing her direction. She couldn't hear what he was saying to the bartender, but suddenly out of nowhere, Roy's innocent grin was quickly replaced with a very serious glare and his hand lashed out, grabbing the front of the bartender's shirt. Roy pulled the stranger into him until their eyes were mere inches from each other. She may not have been able to hear what was being said, but she knew Roy well enough, that it was probably something to do with her. As if on cue, the bartender and Roy both glanced in Riza's direction at the same time. She rolled her eyes and turned her attention away from them. I knew it. Dammit, Roy. Roy released the bartender's shirt and they were now smiling at each other like Roy hadn't just man-handled him. He started to walk back in Riza's direction, but quickly ducked his head and walked right passed her without even a fleeting glance, heading straight for the already-intoxicated, scantily dressed females at the very end of the bar. "Are you kidding me…" She grumbled to herself.

Havoc was now shaking his head while digging in the pocket of his shirt, probably longing for a cigarette; she didn't blame him. Babysitting the Colonel could sometimes be strenuous, especially on a night like tonight where he's just itching for trouble. Her eyes were shooting daggers at the handsome man she was plotting to shoot in the foot at this point, but he merely met her gaze, grinning like he just won some nonexistent game, and held up his glass as if to cheers to making this mission more of a pain than it needed to be, then took a sip of it; his eyes never leaving hers. She glared at him before finally determining that it was a wasted endeavor, and headed back over to where Tallen was now standing, waiting for Elizabeth's return. He eyed her empty hands and frowned. "Oh, I thought you were getting us another drink." She put a hand on her hip, gesturing towards the bartender with her thumb. "I tried. He just walked right passed me and refused to take my order. I'm sorry," She flashed him a convincingly remorseful frown, causing him to smile down at her and run his index finger along her jawline. Riza shuttered internally at his touch, but hid it flawlessly. He leaned in a bit closer, "Don't be. We can get another drink later on if you'd like."

Just then, a man with two woman dressed in elegant floor-length dresses, one on each arm, was walking by until he noticed Tallen. The newcomer unlatched himself from the woman on his left, extending a hand out to the criminal beside Riza. "Ah, Mr. Greggs, how have you been?" Tallen returned the handshake politely. "Tad, it's been too long, hasn't it? I've been wonderful. Busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way." They both chuckled. Tad was clearly also a businessman from the way he was dressed; black suit and tie, expensive watch on his wrist, and Riza was pretty good at judging a person's assets just by how they carried themselves. This man radiated confidence and luxury, just as Tallen did. "I haven't heard from you since our deal fell through with the Virtues' Co. agreement. What happened with that anyway?" The man's tone held an underlying hint of resentment at the talk of his apparent company being turned down by the man beside her. She watched Tallen's face, noting that he gave away nothing to the man whom was still gripping his hand in a tight handshake. Tallen flashed him a sorrowful smile. "I'm sorry about that, Tad. Unfortunately, there were some conflicting ideas between myself and your head of affairs. Had you discussed the agreement with me personally instead of insulting my company by sending a low key player to seal the deal, perhaps we would be meeting on better terms." Tallen continued to give away nothing with his expression; he merely maintained the same unreadable gleam in his eye, that sideways smile matched perfectly with his nonchalant tone.

"It shouldn't have required my attendance. We had already discussed everything before the paper signing was to take place." Tallen finally removed his hand from the now obviously angry man before him, allowing his palm to meet the small of Riza's back and pulled her closer to his side. She played along, flawlessly turning her body towards him and rested her hand against his chest. "I've heard enough of this. Now if you'll excuse me, this is my night away from the office so I'd rather not discuss such matters. Have a good evening, Tad." He nodded to the gentlemen in front of them who was perceptibly still fuming at being blown off. Tallen then nodded to the two ladies on either side of Tad, "Ladies," They each blushed and let out a chorus of giggles.

Tallen Greggs: he was a criminal. One that until recently had been a very successful criminal. However, he was also a very attractive and clever man. Yes, Riza had looked at his file. There was quite a bit of information on him, but very little about his illegal activities. He had been rather flawless at maintaining a good team that refused to betray him over the years; all except one: Ronald Hodge. A low-life criminal that had probably been hired by Greggs as a lazy attempt to ease his workings into the grungier bits of Central: through illegal drug sells and prostitution. Ronald had been arrested numerous times on unrelated drug charges and a couple of assault charges on a few of his prostitutes when they refused to pay up at the end of a shift. He didn't strike Riza as the "pimp" type when she had first saw Ronald. He was small, not in height, but in bulk. He seemed fidgety and unsure of himself; constantly fiddling his thumbs behind the bars of his cell or munching on his lip nervously. He had been covered in scabs and scars, whether they were from his continued drug abuse or from the woman he recently attacked, she was unsure. All in all, after thoroughly reading through Tallen Gregg's file, this Ronald did not seem like the type Greggs would typically hire or even spare a passing glance to. He had his own company, one that crafted and sold many different experimental weapons to the military. Their specialty, however, was sniper rifles, shockingly enough. He built the company himself with the help of his long-time childhood friend, Atticus Parker. This man was also said, according to Ronald, to aid in the more illegal side of Gregg's operations. She knew this man was bad, but really, he was surprisingly good at hiding it. He had been respectful the entire time she had been in his presence. He was kind, polite, and she hated that the thought even crossed her mind, but he was gorgeous. With short, perfectly styled blonde hair, piercing emerald eyes, which was a rarity in this part of Amestris, and a smile that made her almost blush every time he flashed it at her. No. Riza Hawkeye did not blush, not that easily, not unless it was…a certain someone else causing it.

She reminded herself the only reason she was probably feeling like this was because she rarely dated anyone. Sure, she had gone out on a few dates with a few different suitors over the years but it never amounted to much. No one could keep her attention for long without her thoughts turning to thoughts of him. So for the past year she has turned down anyone that has asked her to dinner or to anywhere else for that matter. She would continue to turn down any chance at finally not having to go home alone every night, while Roy continued to tramps around with a different woman for every day of the week, never going home to a lonely little apartment without having some form of comfort and company. Riza tried to convince herself she wasn't jealous of the women; she was jealous that he could go out and do the things he does without thinking of her when she can't seem to even make it through dinner with another man without comparing every little thing they do to her superior. She shook the thoughts away. This was not the time or the place. No, it may be an Intel mission, but Riza was allowed to enjoy herself regardless; to enjoy being the center of attention for someone even if it were someone like Greggs. She deserved to feel like a woman occasionally; a normal, wanted woman. She felt a small smile tug at the edges of her lips as another thought crossed her mind, and for once, he can watch.

She ran her slender fingers down the lapel of Gregg's shirt. "So who was that, Tallen?" Her voice cooed, feigning innocent curiosity. Tallen looked down at her, meeting her gaze with that same crooked, cocky grin; revealing nothing in his stare. "Just someone my company was planning on doing business with. It fell through; as I'm sure you had already picked up on." He shrugged as if it was as simple as that, but by the animosity in Tad's eyes, Riza doubted it was anything simple. He held his hand over hers, the one by his collar and pulled it gently away, leading her over to the dance floor. "Shall we?" Riza could feel that heated gaze of Roy's from across the room as if he were attempting to burn them both with his flame alchemy through his stare. She gave Tallen a shy nod and allowed the man to pull her closer to himself as they began swaying along to the quick tune. They seemed far more graceful than the other patrons dancing around them, considering everyone else seemed a little less coordinated from their obvious over-consumption and many were dancing quite off-beat. They danced along to the music until a slower song began to play and Tallen suggested they take a break from the dance floor and have a seat. She happily obliged. She wasn't used to wearing heels, so all of this activity while her toes were pinched up in these fancy shoes was making them ache. Tallen pulled out her chair for her before taking the seat beside her and sitting far closer than absolutely necessary, but she didn't say anything about it. Instead, she crossed her legs, feeling the thin material of the dress ride up her thigh as she did so.

To be fair, she knew the missions where she had to dress as Elizabeth were not Roy's favorites. The moment the missions would be assigned to them, he would keep to himself more except for making the occasional threat about what he would do to the perp if they got too touchy-feely with his subordinate. Then he would stare at her from his desk in their office every chance he thought she wasn't paying attention. The few times she would look up to meet his glance, his eyes held a hint of worry before he would break eye contact and look back down at the paperwork in front of him. However, he was usually far more behaved on the actual mission itself. He wouldn't leave his post, he'd keep his wits about him and not over-indulge in alcoholic beverages, and he would be there the instant she gave him the signal with his fingers ready to snap. For some reason, he was acting completely out of character on this mission. Making a scene by falling out of his seat over at the bar, telling the bartender to stop serving her, and then of course, there was the very blatant, very obvious way he was staring at her and Tallen from across the room. They may as well have worn their military attire tonight, with how noticeable the Colonel was making them. She was just thankful Havoc had managed to keep him from coming over here and making an even bigger scene with the violent criminal at her side, his thumb rotating in circles against her bare knee. She forced out a playful giggle at his actions.

"Well, well, hello beautiful." That voice. Her back tensed. No way, there was no way. He couldn't seriously be that stupid. As she turned around and her eyes met those deep onyx orbs staring back at her, she realized that he was indeed, that stupid. She was shooting daggers. Roy's gaze fell to her empty hands then met her eyes once again, "You look parched. Can I buy you a drink?" She scowled at him. This was a joke to him. They had developed a keen ability over the years to understand one another's unspoken words simply through each other's eyes or body language. She knew he could read her loud and clear, 'I have my gun.' She was actually contemplating pulling it out and directing it at the handsome, cocky man smirking at her. His grin broadened as he read her eyes. She was just about to reach down and lace her fingers around the hidden holster on the inside of her thigh housing a very petite pistol and point it at her superior. Why not? Roy had already compromised the mission by coming over here and making his presence known. Just then, Tallen stood up and politely extended a hand to Roy. "I'm sure she would love a drink. A rum and soda, right, love?" His deep voice sounded calm, as if he suspected nothing by Roy's intervention other than polite pleasantries. Roy's eyes narrowed momentarily at the man beside her as he said the word 'love.' Tallen rested his fingertips against Elizabeth's shoulder as he questioned her drink order. She flashed him her most flirtatious smile, making sure that Roy was watching her, "You got it." She flipped a few strands of hair over her shoulder before finally turning her smoldering gaze back to her superior.

"Unfortunately, the bartender is a real prick and for some strange reason decided to stop serving me." She rested her chin in her palm. Riza gave Roy a knowing glance. Roy was still staring at her. Something glinted across his face for a brief moment, "Huh, is that so? It's probably because he didn't want such a beautiful woman to lose her inhibitions in a place like this."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "He runs a bar. If he planned on behaving so nobly for every woman that stepped foot into this place, he would be out of business."

Roy allowed a light chuckle to leave his lips. She hated to admit it, but even now, fuming at the irrational man, his laugh still made her heart dance. "Yeah, you're probably right. Silly me." his eyes were shimmering strangely in the dim light; oh no. He was enjoying this. He really wanted to mess this up, but why? She couldn't think about that right now; she had to get rid of him before he compromised their positions further. She waved him off. "The offer was nice, sir, but if you'd be so kind," She rested her hand on Tallen's thigh, indicating that it was his time to leave. "We were right in the middle of something."

Tallen smiled at Elizabeth, draping an arm behind her back. Roy's eyes narrowed. If she thought he was going anywhere while the hand that had saved his life so many times was resting on that guys leg, she was crazy. He was thankful his hands were back in his pockets, because they were once against balled into fists and itching to snap. If only my gloves were dry… "Oh Elizabeth, don't act like I'm a stranger." He observed her eyebrow cock in confusion. She had no idea where he was going with this giving him the upper hand. Tallen was looking between the two people, obviously confused with the events that were transpiring. The woman's jaw was tight as she spoke, attempting to keep the anger from her voice. "I think you are confused."

Roy shook his head slowly, that cocky grin still plastered across his lips. "Are you embarrassed of me or something?" He was being playful but she was not in the mood for this game. Greggs apparently wasn't in the mood for sharing because he was getting a little fed up with this newcomer stealing the attention from his girl for the night. He glared at Roy, "Who the hell are you?"

Roy turned his attention to Tallen. All signs of fun and games had vanished as he shrugged, hands still in his pockets. "I'm her boyfriend."

Elizabeth's jaw fell. He wasn't serious. What the hell was he doing?! Luckily, Tallen just tightened his arm around her waist, pulling her closer into him. "It doesn't look that way to me." He was taunting Roy at this point, flashing his teeth at the undercover officer.

Roy's jaw tightened, "I have no problem breaking that arm off if you want to test me." Riza was impressed she was still even able to hear them with all of the blood flooding to her ears. This was not going to end well. No matter what it came down to, she had already played out a number of scenarios, none of which had an ending that she wanted to experience. "Okay, that's enough you two." She spoke in her soft almost playful Elizabeth voice, but annoyingly enough, neither man paid her any mind.

Tallen rested the hand that wasn't wrapped around Riza's waist against her knee. "Oh? Is that what you think?" Tallen lowered his head, glaring at Roy from beneath his lashes in a very intimidating way. "Why don't you try it."

Roy balled his hands into fists, taking a step towards Tallen. Riza hurriedly held up her palm to Roy's chest from where she sat and glared at him with a knowing glance he was all too familiar with. It was the look that told him to trust her, and to behave himself. "Enough." Her voice was low and barely above a whisper but it was borderline terrifying if you asked Roy. He stared into her eyes for a second longer before allowing his fists to loosen at his sides. Tallen chuckled. He threw one leg over the other, running his thumb in circles against Riza's bare knee. "That's what I thought. I promise you, it was a smart move on your part." Before Roy had a chance to rebuttle with any kind of sarcastic response, Tallen's attention turned to something behind Roy with an amused smirk. "You might wanna check on your buddy over there. He looks a little gone."

Roy and Riza both turned to look at where Havoc was, his shoulders were slumped over and his head was resting against the bar top, clearly unconscious. Roy turned his attention back to the woman who's hand was still on that damn disgusting monster's thigh, but he knew he needed to check on his partner. He growled, deciding to drop this little tiff for the moment to go check on Havoc. He was only a couple of feet from the unconscious man and could now see a half burnt cigarette sticking out of his slack mouth. "Havoc, you son of a bitch." Roy reached his friend in a few strides and stopped right beside him. Something wasn't right. He grabbed Havoc's shoulder and shook him gently. When he had no response, Roy shook him more vigorously, desperate to awaken his Second Lieutenant. "Havoc, wake up!"

Suddenly, the edges of Roy's vision began to fade into black. He grabbed onto the bar with one hand to steady himself. Everything around him began spinning. He cradled the side of his head with his free hand, hoping it would calm the waves of nausea overpowering him. What… What is going on…." He had to get outside and flag down their other men, tell them that something was wrong. Unfortunately, just as he released the edge of the bar, his legs turned to liquid and his knees caved under his weight, leading him to crash into the ground. How in the hell were there so many people in this place, but not one person found it strange that he was on the ground? No one even spared him a second glance hardly, as if him lying on the grimy ground of this gross place was a completely normal thing to be doing. He had honestly forgotten where they were: a bar. A place people frequently overindulge in their vices and end up in compromising situations, whether that is the position Roy was currently in or something worse. Roy was trying to think of how this could have happened. He had been drugged, that much was obvious, but when? And by who? Oh no, did Greggs somehow do this? If he did, then that means… "Lieutenant…" His eyes were desperately darting around the crowded room for any sign of the blonde beauty. He had to be sure she was safe. He finally caught sight of her, but something was wrong. He knew her well enough; he could see it in the stiffness of her back, in the mild furrow of her brow. The corner of her lip was pulled down, only enough for someone that spent half of his days at work stealing glances of her to notice. His vision was fading fast now. Her figure was slowly morphing into a blurry blob of black, blonde, and even those perfectly sculpted tan legs of hers were no longer visible behind the colored dots tainting his gaze. "Lieutenant!" He didn't know if the word actually left his lips or not, because at that point, conscious failed him. The last thing he remembered was a menacing shadow hovering over him just before he completely blacked out.
-----------
Riza smiled at the criminal. "Sorry about that, he's an ex of mine… a little obsessive." Tallen's eyes were piercing; it felt almost like they were seeing through her. She felt so small under his intimidating gaze, which was something she rarely ever felt when facing down an enemy though she would never admit he intimidated her. That would give him the power and make her appear weak. She couldn't place exactly what it was about the man that had her on edge all of a sudden. All night, he had actually been decent company to keep: for a criminal. There was just something sinister behind those twinkling eyes, something she couldn't quite place but that she knew she didn't like. His grin was gone as he just continued to stare at her. She leaned her shoulder into his chest playfully, "What?"

The man let out a sigh, shaking his head back a forth. "I'm sad to ruin this fine evening, but the time has come. I know who you are working for." His thumb continued in small circles against her knee, only now it felt a little too aggressive. She would've pushed him away, but didn't want to alert her team to her distress just yet. She still had a chance to redeem this and she was also hoping to convince him that he was wrong. Elizabeth smiled innocently, leaning in closer to the man until their lips were mere inches apart. She bit her lower lip seductively, "Do you accuse every woman you meet of being part of some kind of conspiracy? I mean, if you're into role play we can…" She ran her fingers down one of his legs. Her own words and actions were giving her acid reflux. She hated being Elizabeth with these perverts, except on the occasions when she got to chat with Roy as the fun, light-hearted persona. That was the only time she truly enjoyed her alter-ego.

The man eyed her, looking her up and down with hungry eyes. "First Lieutenant Riza Hawkeye; "The Hawk's Eye" and Colonel Roy Mustang's right hand man and bodyguard. Yes, I know who that man was before he even approached us. He's not very discreet by the way. You are the only daughter of the late Berthold Hawkeye, the infamous recluse alchemist; the selfish prick that refused to share any of his important research with anyone else…" Something flashed in his eyes. "…except his last apprentice." She felt the color draining from her face. There was no way to talk her way back out of this one. He knew exactly who she was and who Roy had been this entire time. He may even know of the research tattooed to her back. The criminal's lips tipped up into a lecherous, knowing grin. "I did my research, just as you did. I know that rat Ronny told you everything when he got arrested. I never trusted that little shit, but luckily, I have plans for him once he's released from custody."

Riza would worry about getting Ronald a security team to protect him once she was out of the danger zone. She casually twirled her hair around her index finger at an attempt to seem nonchalant. "What do you want, Tallen? If you knew it was me this whole time, knew what I was up to, there is a reason you stayed." He forced the frustration from his features, grinning once more. "I want that research, sweetheart." His calloused hand felt rough and uninviting as it moved farther up her thigh. "I have a feeling you know where to find it. And of course, even if you are a dead end, who says we can't still have a little fun?" Riza felt something burn the back of her throat at the suggestive way this creep was whispering to her and the proximity in which they were in. The edges of her lips tugged down in an almost unnoticeable frown. Her eyebrows pulled together in defeat.

She was done with this. Mission over. She stood up quickly from her chair, hands on the table to steady herself. What was happening? Her head was suddenly swimming through a murky pond. Colorful dots were exploding on the outside edges of her vision. "Wh-what...?" She had been smart. She refused to let Tallen order her a drink, even after Roy paid the bartender to cut her off. She knew better than to let someone with a reputation like Gregg's to order her a beverage, or even be near her beverage. But she could feel it; she had been drugged. When? How? Tallen let out a bone chilling cackle. She didn't know when he got there, but his hands were now around her; one resting on her lower back and one was gripping her forearm. To any passing patron, it would simply look like she were plastered in the bar and the gentleman to her left was simply assisting her. Her head felt heavy. She could barely hold it up at this point; it nodded to the front before lolling to the side. She fought against his hold, but knew it was futile. My pistol, I have my pistol! The thought was a hopeful one until she realized how dangerous it would be to try shooting in the state she was in with civilians all around them.

She stole a glance to the bar where Roy and Havoc had been observing her but found Havoc in his previous state of unconsciousness and Roy was on the ground; his eyes, while staring in her direction, were distant and unresponsive before they closed in what she assumed was the same state of consciousness that Havoc and soon herself were in. Panic coursed through her veins; this man was dangerous. Riza shoved at his chest with a weak palm eliciting another amused cackle from the criminal. "C'mon, sweetheart. Time to get you out of here." No. She thought desperately, No, no, stop! What is happening? "I was…you drug…" She couldn't form a coherent sentence. This is why she didn't drink, why she insisted on her fellow team members not to drink. It was so easy for their enemy to take them down. Just looking away for a minute and your drink could be drugged. Tallen's lips were against Riza's ear. "Yeah. The bartender is one of my men; he works for me. I had him drug your drink, actually. I also had him do the same to your friends." He was smiling. She could tell; she could hear it in his voice. Her stomach dropped to the floor. That's why Havoc was passed out at the bar. That's why Roy was lying on the ground. She cursed internally. Why couldn't the Colonel have managed to get Havoc and himself out of there before the drug's effect took place?

She hadn't realized Tallen had begun walking her towards the back entrance of the bar until the cool night air blew through her hair and against her cheeks. She wasn't going to be able to stay conscious. This was bad, really bad. She had to get out of this situation and keep this dangerous man away from Roy and Jean. But how? She could already feel her limbs getting more and more sluggish and heavy. Her vision refused to focus which was making it difficult to see her surroundings and to stay standing upright without the assistance of the man beside her. The heels she had chosen tonight were not helping her balance at all at this point.

"Grab the two men from inside. I know they have three other men in their team, so keep an eye out for any vantage points that they could be posted up at. I'll get the girl into the van and then we are going to head out. You know which warehouse we are going to? Warehouse seven. That's where all my toys are." Tallen grinned. His plan had been going flawlessly so far. And thanks to Mustang's little "display" all night, Tallen now knew Riza and the Colonel did not have a typical commanding officer to subordinate relationship. No, there was clearly more to it than that. Mustang made it all too obvious how jealous he was. Now he just had to use this known weakness to his advantage to get the information he so desperately desired.

Tallen grabbed Riza by the waist with his rough hands, throwing her into the back of the van. She was yelling inside, silently screaming in a desperate attempt to stay conscious long enough to at least find out where she was being taken and where her teammates were at. She shook her head back and forth, trying to stay up. Her eyelids were getting heavy. She tried lifting her head from the cold, metal of the van floor, but she couldn't even lift it an inch off the ground. Riza strained her ears, hearing two men talking outside of the van. She could only make out a few words from each sentence, "Warehouse seven… Red district? ….alchemy…." The woman could hear heavy boots against gravel as the men outside of the van began walking away in the opposite direction.

Consciousness was not coming easily to her at this point. She always considered herself a strong woman. Someone that can handle quite a bit of emotional or physical torture to a degree due to all of her extra training in torture techniques and tricks for intelligence protection if captured. She knew she was an amazing shot, she also knew her life's worth in comparison to Roy and the rest of their team. She would gladly lay down her own life for theirs. She knew she lasted a lot longer under the influence of whatever drug it was Tallen had given her than many people could, but it was worth nothing if she couldn't at least learn something about where they were being taken or where Roy and Jean were at or anything else helpful. Riza couldn't take it anymore; her eyelids slowly fell closed over her amber eyes and her entire body was overcome with a sudden numbing sensation just before she completely gave in to the darkness.
Sign up to rate and review this story