Categories > Books > A Series of Unfortunate Events

My Demigod Life

by extralightsaber 0 reviews

Child of death you are chosen To free the one who is frozen Freeing her comes at a cost A single soul shall be lost

Category: A Series of Unfortunate Events - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Humor - Published: 2016-01-15 - 552 words

0Unrated
I almost become dog food

I sitting outside a mini Mart contemplating whether or not to go inside and steal some hotdogs. Its dark out, in east and white enough to slip in and out and (hopefully) not even get caught. Its so cold out I can see my breath. I fidgit by the side of the door. I take a couple of breaths, in and out, in and out, in and out. Then I walked through the door. The first thing I notice was the smell. It knocked the breath right out of me. Smile and pinesol. (why does every small store smell like that crap.) I have to resist the urge to gag. After I catch my breath, I scoop out the place. (just because the guy isn't behind the counter doesn't mean you can't be seen.) I remind myself. (you don't need a reapeat of the shoplifting fiasco like the mall.) I supressed a shudder. I scanned the walls. There was no "smile your on camera" sign, but that didn't put me at ease. I looked up at the ceiling. None of those funny black ball things. I ease my way towards the back of the store where the hotdogs are. (act natural. Breath, just act natural.) I checked the counter again. The dude's still not there. (idoit) I open the hot dog holder thing and grab a handful, ignoring the fact that the hotdogs are hot. "Hey!" a voice startles me. I don't turn around. I take off towards the door. I can hear footsteps behind me. (Don't look back! Go! Go! Go!) I made it to the door just as a hand grabs my shirt. I drop the hotdogs and start swinging backwards. My elbow makes contact with something and I hear a yelp followed by a string of curses. The hand let's me go and I run out the door, not caring about the hotdogs, and ran into the biggest freaking dog I've ever seen. I swear that dog just came out nowhere. I mean it wasn't there before. (was it?.....No! No it wasn't. I would of seen the damn thing!) this thing was as big as a freaking rhino and as black as my aunt Edie's heart, and it was staring down right at me with big yellow eyes. I knew I should of ran, but for some reason, my feet seemed to be glued to where I was standing. I heard some weird sort of yelp behind me, meaning the store clerk saw what I was seeing. (ok, so I'm not crazy.) I had to close my mouth. I hadn't even realized it was open. The monster dog let out a deep demonic growl. I would like to say that I growled back, or that I punched Cujo in the face, but I didn't. I screamed, loudly and promply fell on my ass as I scrambled backwards. The monster dog stepped forward. I can't really explain what happened next, I don't really know what really happened. All I know is that the shadows seemed to be swallowing me until I was in complete darkness, then I felt as if I was falling. Them I heard a splash and cold enveloped me, then I blacked out, spiraling into the worst nightmare I ever had.
Sign up to rate and review this story