Categories > Comics > Calvin and Hobbes

Different Treatments For Acid Reflux And Heartburn

by kickmotion8 0 reviews

I come fromAntigua & Deps

Category: Calvin and Hobbes - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2016-01-20 - 550 words

0Unrated

Anyone who suffers from acid reflux is well aware of how hard it can be to find a treatment that works. You may have tried many treatments without finding one that is truly effective. Fortunately, this article is here to help. The following information can help you find a treatment that is right for you.


Try to lose some weight. If you are overweight, especially around your abdomen, it will put increased pressure on your stomach. This can contribute to an increase in acid reflux symptoms. Simply losing a couple of pounds will reduce the pressure on your stomach, which in turn will reduce acid reflux.


Enjoy your food. If you savor each bite, investigating the flavors and truly allowing yourself to taste it, you will chew more and even eat less. Your stomach will realize it's full when you eat slowly, which allows you to keep your weight in check by eating less and also keep your stomach from overfilling.


If you're experiencing acid reflux lately, try a new diet that consists of low-acid foods. Avoid spicy or acidic foods and eat your food slowly. If you still get acid reflux, it's probably time to check in with your doctor. Although your problem may not be serious, it may require medication that your doctor can recommend or prescribe.


Never, ever, EVER lie down after you eat! Even if you have only had a few bites, you may find that food comes back to haunt you in short order if you lie down. Eat all meals at least two hours before lying down for a nap or overnight to ensure that acid doesn't sneak back up your esophagus.


Contracting the abdominal muscles can make food that is in your stomach to make its way back into the esophagus. This is why you need to wait until at least one hour after eating before you attempt to do any physical exercise. You should also avoid any other types of physical exertion directly after meals.


Limit the amount of fluids you intake while eating. Fluids add volume to the food you are eating, which will result in overfilling your stomach and allowing stomach acids to rise into your esophagus resulting in acid reflux. By limiting the amount of fluids you ingest, you can help prevent acid reflux.


If you are pregnant and experiencing acid reflux, try to relax. This problem is often no longer an issue after you have the baby. It is a symptom of the baby pushing on all of your innards causing the acid in your belly to rise. Watch what you eat and avoid laying down until an hour has passed after you eat.


Wait to exercise after you eat. If you put off your exercise by at least an hour, the food will have a better chance to digest. Physical exertion right after you eat could cause the food to move back up toward the esophagus. This could be very uncomfortable and hard to fight.


Do not just give up and accept that there is nothing you can do to treat your acid reflux. This could not be farther from the truth. You may just not have tried the right sort of treatment. Use the information you have just read to find a treatment that really works.
Sign up to rate and review this story