Categories > Original > Romance

Komahina Oneshots

by xclaux 0 reviews

Various Komahina oneshots

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2016-01-25 - 12144 words - Complete

0Unrated
Prompt: Imagine person A making a mixtape of love songs for person B. Person B dies and while person A is clearing out their things they find the mixtape. What happens next is up to you.

Chapter tags: Dead character, drabble.

~*~

His coat still smells like him, Hinata notes with a wry smile.
He holds the fabric closer to himself and inhales the scent. He’s missed it; it’s been too long since he smelt it.
Fingers trembling, he tucks the coat away into the nearby box, simply labeled ‘Komaeda’.

Next, Hinata tugs out his old c.d’s. He flicks through them, laughing softly and reminiscing.
He sees a familiar disc with his own handwriting scrawled across it.
Hinata especially remembers this disc. Because he made it.
He puts the disc on, and the lyrics fill the air in time with the tears that fill his eyes.

~*~



Prompt: Imagine person A staring glumly out the window as the rain is pouring down, beating on the roof, so to cheer them up, person B grabs them, drags them outside, and they start dancing together.

Chapter tags: Despair universe, pre-sdr2, Komaeda is a dweeb.

~*~

Izuru is glaring out the window, tapping his fingers in time to the rain hitting the roof.

Komaeda watches him from the living room couch with an amused expression. He debates saying something, distracting Izuru from his listlessness. He laughs softly instead and picks up a book while kicking his feet up onto the coffee table.

It’s not their living room. Neither has ever seen this house before. Komaeda hasn’t read this book, nor does he intend to at any point in his life.

He opens to a random page and pretends to read.
When he looks up again, Izuru is still staring out the window.

“Is there a problem, Izuru-kun?”
Komaeda doesn’t get a response, but he didn’t expect one. So he pulls himself off the couch and strides over to Izuru. He grips his wrist and tugs him to the door, cheerfully telling the other boy to come with him. Izuru’s face doesn’t change, but Komaeda likes to think that, for a moment, his eyes flashed with bewilderment.
He pulls him outside into the pouring rain, and the pair stare at each other.

“…Was there a purpose to this?” Izuru questions flatly. If the droplets irritate him, he doesn’t show it.
Komaeda proudly flings his arms out to his sides and tilts his head back, smiling as he feels the raindrops trickle down his cheeks. “Nope!”

Izuru stands with his arms crossed and watches blankly as Komaeda twirls his body in a gyre, giggling as he goes. He starts to stumble once he’s dizzy and finally stops, consumed in laughter. Izuru raises an eyebrow and starts to turn away before Komaeda seizes his wrist again.
He threads their fingers together and slips his other hand around the other boy’s waist. He leans down to Izuru’s ear, and times like these he’s grateful that he’s a little taller.
“Would you care to dance, Izuru-kun?” he whispers down.

Neither knows how to dance properly, so they settle for rotating slowly. Komaeda grins the whole time, and even though the rain is cold his face is warm. He splashes in puddles, getting his trouser legs damp, while the other boy watches: possibly dumbfounded, possibly frustrated.

Eventually the rain chills him too much, and he begins to shiver noticeably. Izuru releases Komaeda. He goes back inside without a word, and Komaeda is alone.

He dances alone in the rain.


~*~


Prompt: I saw someone’s headcanon that after Komaeda passes away Hinata leaves a bunch of flowers and a love letter on his grave every anniversary and I really loved the idea of it.
If this was your headcanon, thank you so much for posting it, it gave me so many feels, and I hope you don’t mind me writing about it!

Chapter tags: Dead character, angst (?), I cried while writing this o o p s.

~*~


Hi Nagito.

It’s been four years now.
I would ask you how you are, but even if you’re somehow reading this its not like you can answer.
…I’ll ask anyway- how is heaven?
You wouldn’t have gone anywhere else.

I miss you more and more with each passing day. Did you know that? No-one can replace you.
The left side of the bed is still yours. I don’t sleep there. Maybe it still smells like you. Maybe.
I haven’t touched any of your things, except your jacket. I wear it sometimes. I hope you don’t mind.

I miss your hair. I miss the way it lightly fluttered in the breeze, I miss the annoying way it would go into my mouth while we were in bed together, I miss finding strands of it in the oddest places.

I miss your voice. You thought it was too quiet, too effeminate, but I loved how airy and soft it was. I loved the gentle rasp it had.
I loved the passionate tone you had when you talked about ‘hope’ and ‘luck’ and later, about how much you loved me.

I hate writing ‘had’.
I wish you were still here, Nagito.

I don’t want to ask a pointless question like ‘why did you die?’ because I know why already. You’d already outlived your life expectancy, and at some point we realized that every day where you woke up breathing was a blessing, another occasion of cheating death.

I remember the morning where I woke up and you were gone. We both knew it was coming, and you always reminded me that you loved me before falling asleep. I still panicked. I screamed for Mikan, but there was nothing she could do.

You were cold, peaceful and beautiful.

I’d wanted to kiss you one last time, but I couldn’t do it.

I hope you don’t mind that I’m still living. I’m too selfish and scared to join you, but we’ll see each other again one day.

The others miss you too. They all care, some less then others, but they all come to visit you every year too. They come as a group, but they understand why I come alone.
Maybe they’ll see my letter and the flowers.

Before I go.
I still love you. It pains me, but I love you too.
There will never be anyone else for me.
You were so beautiful.
I’ll see you again next year.

I love you.


~Hajime.


~*~


Prompt: Imagine your OTP is in an acting class together. To learn the importance of the delivery of lines, they are paired up to say ‘I love you’ in the most meaningful way they can in front of the class.

Chapter tags: Theatre kid a.u, non-despair a.u, fluffy awkwardness.

~*~

Drama was Komaeda’s best subject. It was his element- all eyes were on him, and he had the chance to be someone other than his usual plain, boring self.

He felt purpose when he entered the theatre room. He waved to his director (who was really just a teacher, but insisted he was referred to as ‘director’ during drama class) and perched on the edge of the wooden stage, swinging his legs as he waited for the rest of his class to arrive.

Once everyone had trailed in a taken their positions, the director broke their chattering with a loud clap. “Today, we’re working on the importance of delivery! An example: I didn’t say I stole her bike. Pick a partner and repeat that phrase back and forth to each other, putting particular emphasis on a different word each time. Again: I didn’t say I stole her bike.”

The class quickly broke off into their usual pairs, and Komaeda was left with Hinata, as usual.

“Hello!” Komaeda sang out his greeting. Hinata said it back, and they got to work on the assigned lines.

“I didn’t say I stole HER bike!” Hinata rattled off, shouting the emphasized word. Komaeda tried not to laugh and decided to try giving him some tips.
“Ah, Hinata-- If you don’t mind advice? Perhaps you could try emphasizing the word more with your tone and pitch, or the pace, rather than your volume?”
Komaeda demonstrated it, slowing the delivery of the word ‘her’ and dropping his pitch. His volume remained even throughout.

Hinata thanked him, looking down. Komaeda thought he might even have pouted a little, and thought it was a little cute.
Hinata tried delivering the lines again, this time focusing on ‘bike’. He shifted his tone on the word, and Komaeda noted with satisfaction that it was an improvement.

When the teac-- director asked for volunteers, Komaeda shot up his hand and tugged Hinata up to the stage with him.

“A new set of words for the demonstration, ok? Would you pair mind working on the ways of delivering ‘I love you’?”

Komaeda shook his head while Hinata shrugged and wrinkled his nose. Komaeda pretended not to notice how awkward his partner looked.

Komaeda turned to face Hinata, putting his hand on the shorter boys shoulder. “I, I love you!” Komaeda gasped out, delivering the lines as melodramatically as he could.
“I…love you…” Hinata mumbled back. The director clapped and praised his characterization of a quieter, shyer personality. The rest of the class giggled behind their hands or whispered to their partner.

Hinata was in no way shy, usually. While his acting skills had room for improvement, he was normally confident and self-assured while on the stage.

Komaeda tried not to laugh at him before getting down on one knee and miming pulling out a ring.
“I love you, Hinata.” He said with a smirk.

Hinata couldn’t get off the stage any faster.

~*~



Prompt: Imagine your OTP in a room with a bunch of friends. Person A is doing something that goes wrong and in frustration they end up shouting, “Just kick my ass!” Person B says casually, without thinking, “I’d rather eat it.”

Chapter warnings: Socially awkward Komaeda being awkward, slice of life, non-despair.

~*~

There was no way this project was going to be finished in time.

Hinata flops forward, exhaling loudly. “Throw me the Doritos, Chiaki.” He huffs.
Chiaki tosses the bag through the air, her face caught somewhere between frustration and apathy.

“H-how many more slides do we need…?” Mikan asks.
Hinata turns to her, and his expression must have been sharp enough to shatter a diamond because she immediately flinches away and covers her face with her hands. He hears her mutter a mantra of apologies to herself and groans.
“Eight more, at the very least.” Komaeda offers to her from his corner.
Hinata makes a low growling noise, sounding something like a demon being wrenched from Hell.

Komaeda politely reminds him that making noises won’t speed up the process.

The room falls silent for while, save for the tapping of keyboards.

Without warning, Hinata throws himself off the couch and lies on the floor. He stares up at the roof.
Everyone ignores him.

“Just kick my ass already!” he shouts to the rooftop.
“Actually, I’d rather eat it.” Komaeda replies, in a light, conversational tone.

The room became completely silent. There wasn’t any more tapping of keyboards.

“I think Mikan and I can finish this alone…probably.” Chiaki finally breaks the silence. Mikan begins to protest, but Chiaki just stares at her with wide eyes.
They both leave without another word, leaving one awkward and another confused boy behind.


~*~


Prompt: Imagine your OTP playing Mario Kart.

Chapter tags: Fluff, Komaeda picking Rainbow Road like an asshole, non-despair a.u.

~*~

“You didn’t-“
“I did indeed, Hinata-kun.”

Hinata cursed under his breath as the flashing rainbow track materialized on the screen. Komaeda just giggled at him.

3,
2,
1.

The race began, and of course Komaeda started the race with a boost, shooting ahead of everyone else.
“How do you get the damn boost every time?” Hinata grumbled.
“Timing…and a little luck.”

It seemed that every time Komaeda got a power up, it was a red or blue shell. Meanwhile, Hinata got stuck with useless things like the banana peel. Hinata stayed in a solid fourth or fifth position, but Komaeda hardly left first.

Komaeda did not once fall off the track.

By the final lap, it was clear that Hinata wouldn’t be able to win the race without drastic measures.
He tossed his controller to the side and tickled Komaeda’s sides. Komaeda instantly shrieked and dropped his controller, trying to swat Hinata away. Smirking victoriously, Hinata snatched his controller back up and pulled ahead, laughing to himself all the while.

“Hinata-kun!” Komaeda finally gasps out, sounding scandalized. “That’s cheating. Ah, but I suppose I deserve it, it simply wouldn’t do for someone like me to win every round, not when I’m playing against Hinata-kun--“ He began to ramble.

Hinata shut him up with another attack of tickles. The game was forgotten as he pinned the white haired boy to the floor. Komaeda continued to shriek with laughter helplessly, squirming and trying to shift Hinata off of him. Hinata thinks that he’s never seen Komaeda this perfect before- red faced and laughing and wriggling beneath him.

He’d like to see more of this.


~*~



Prompt: No prompt this time just a fluffy drabble
w e l p

Chapter tags: Hinata p.o.v in case you couldn’t tell, writing in second person is my default for some reason, just plain ol’ drabbles, in this drabble hair becomes a metaphor for Komaeda, h o w, I drank too much coffee before writing this.



~*~

You love the feeling of his hair between your fingers.
It’s thin and wiry, but it’s also soft and almost comforting to feel.
You work out some of the knots with your fingers and he hums happily up at you.

His hair twists and turns as frequently as his speech, clashing during the trials. A particularly thick section of intertwined strands is the same as his mind- so many tiny things, fighting, working together to cause a conflict of interests that ultimately causes more ruin then good.

You unpick the knot and move onto the next.

His eyes are shut and you’ve come to notice over your time of knowing him how the most minimal details of his expressions mean so much. His eyelids aren’t clamped tight, so you can tell he is genuinely at ease with your hands running through his hair.
Or, he could know that you’ve noticed these small tells and changed his pattern completely to throw you off.

Perhaps his airy sighs are sounds of discomfort, and his kisses could be lies.

You don’t think you’ll ever know, and he probably prefers it that way.


~*~





Prompt: Oops no prompt again, but after listening to a certain song I couldn’t help but write more sad stuff.

Chapter tags: Second person Hinata again, writing in second person is my calling, kind of a song fic?, not a happy story, non-despair but still with despair, mental illness

Song recommendation: Medicine by Daughter.
“You’ve got a beautiful brain… but it’s disintegrating.”

Author note/preface thing: I don’t have an awfully wide knowledge of dementia. My stepmother’s mother has dementia, so I’m mostly writing what I know from my limited interactions with her. I do apologize for getting any details woefully wrong though.


~*~

You know it’s going to be another hard day when you notice Komaeda’s polite yet perplexed smile.

You still try to greet him cheerfully, and he welcomes you, voice still tinted with confusion.
You settle down on your usual chair next to his bed and introduce yourself to him.

(For the third time this week.)

He tells you his name and you nod without commenting.
It’s quiet for a moment. His eyebrows are furrowed and his polite mask hasn’t slipped yet.

You ask him to tell you about himself, and hug your knees to your chest as you wait.

He tells you about his parents, and amidst rambling he cuts off, eyes wide and mouth opening and shutting wordlessly.
You prompt him to continue, asking him quietly ‘What happened on the plane, Nag- Komaeda?’
He bites his lip and trembles and tells you he can’t remember.

You move on to talking about his school years. That wasn’t as long ago, so he can remember a little better.
He laughs as he tells you about a boy with a stupid strand of hair that stuck up all the time, and you laugh with him hollowly.
He grins as he recounts the class field trip to an island, and how everyone in the class swam together and became friends.

He becomes quiet, seemingly running out of things to talk about.
“Y’know, Hinata. I haven’t had any visitors in a while. I’m very glad that you came to talk to me! Ah-- you don’t even know me and you’re so kind!”

(You visit him every day.)

As you’re getting up to leave, he calls out for you to wait. You turn and listen to him.

“I used to have the most beautiful boyfriend, Hinata! If you come again I’ll tell you all about him.”

“Yeah,” you manage to choke out “I used to have one too.”


~*~




Prompt: ‘The Ferris wheel broke and now I’m stuck at the top with a complete stranger’ au, from Tumblr.


~*~

“Y’know, this is probably all my fault!” The white haired man seated next to Hinata exclaims.

Hinata smiles at him with tight lips and looks down to the ground. He’s stranded on a Ferris wheel, and of course it had to be with a rambling lunatic.

Aforementioned rambling lunatic kicks his legs back and forth, making the cart rock precariously.

“Huh. And how could it be your fault?” Hinata decides to humor him; maybe it’ll make the waiting period go faster.

“I’ve got this weird luck cycle, you see? This is, well, a bad swing I suppose-- But that only means something better is coming!” His eyes light up as he speaks.

“Wow. How…unique.” Hinata tries to fight back a sarcastic response, but snark still creeps into his tone.

“Indeed it is!”

Hinata glances back down at the ground, paling a little. He can see his friends down there, waiting for him. He gives them a wobbly wave and pulls a face, and he can hear their laughter even from up here.

“Do you like heights?”

“Not particularly.”

“Oh? So, what are you doing in a place like this then~?”

“My friends are buying me a pizza in return for actually going on a ride. And I chose the wheel.”

“…You came to a carnival and you’re not going on the rides?”

Hinata screws his face up. “I’m on a date. It’s not going well.”

The other man hums sympathetically and asks which one his date is.

“That one, with the scruffy brown hair, wearing a hoodie and a jacket? Yeah, him.”

Nothing else is said, so Hinata closes his eyes and enjoys the silence.
He jumps when the wheel begins to turn again and the other man grabs his upper arm to steady him. Hinata mumbles a thank you.

They get off, each throwing an awkward “see ya around,” to the other.

When Hinata gets home, he notices a small slip of paper in his shoulder bag. It has a name, a number and a smily face.

Hinata smiles a little.



~*~




Prompt: Imagine person A being stood up by their date, so they’re just sitting alone with a milkshake or something. And person B is a waiter there and they notice A has been there for while and looks increasingly sad. Person B then proceeds to give A and brownie and some hot cocoa to warm their heart and put some sweetness back into A’s smile.


Chapter tags: juSt flUFf I sweAR, could be taken platonically or romantically, implied one-sided hinanami, or it could be with any girl I suppose, Hinata is a dork.


~*~

“Y’know, if you keep sighing like that, you’re probably going to faint.”

Hinata takes his coffee without a word.

“…Can I get you anything else? Would you like a cookie? Oh-- we also have nice muffins, I suggest the raspberry!”

“Hah. I’ll probably still be waiting a while, knowing her…she’s probably fallen asleep. I’ll take whatever muffin, sure.”

The waiter smiles and takes note of his choice. “I’ll bring it out in just a minute!”

Hinata tugs out his phone while he waits. No missed calls, no new messages. Just in case she really has fallen asleep, he taps out another message.
No response.

The same waiter comes back after a few minutes. “Your raspberry muffin!” He puts it down in front of Hinata, but hesitates for a moment. Hinata watches him, a twinge of curiosity appearing.

“…I hope it doesn’t seem like I’m intruding or anything, but are you waiting for someone?”

Hinata laughs, short and without humor. “Yeah. I think she’s stood me up, though.”

“Oh-- I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to upset you or anything!” The waiter scurries back to the kitchen as Hinata watches wordlessly.

Hinata sits alone, playing games on his phone, and resigning himself to the fate of having been left alone in a café. He nibbles on the muffin, which he admits does taste pretty good. His coffee has gone cold though.

He’s been waiting for just under an hour.

He tells himself that maybe she just got the time wrong, and that he’ll get another coffee while he waits.
He’s sure they’ll laugh about it together when she gets there.

Suddenly, finally, and to be honest unexpectedly, Hinata hears the soft squishing and squeaking sound of someone sitting on the couch across from him.

“About time-“ Hinata starts, before glancing up.
It’s the waiter.
It’s only the waiter?
Oh god, it’s that kind of cute waiter-

“I’m sorry, I didn-“
“Shit, I thought-“

They both start babbling at the same time, and then pause with matching expressions of confusion.

“I- I bought you a hot chocolate. I thought you might appreciate it.” The waiter tells him, offering one of two mugs while smiling shyly. Hinata takes it, digging into his wallet for change.
“No, no, it’s ok, it’s on me! I just thought you’d appreciate it!” The waiter insists. Hinata mumbles his thanks and sips it.

“Shouldn’t you be working?”

“Oh, no. I’m on my break at the moment, so I thought I’d come sit down. That is if-- you don’t mind do you?”

“Not really, no. I really don’t think she’s coming anyway.”

“That’s a shame, really.”

They’re both quiet for a while, sipping at their hot chocolates.

Without warning, the waiter jumps a little and widens his eyes. “Forgive my manners, I forgot to introduce myself! I’m Nagito Komaeda, and obviously I work here.”
“I’m Hajime Hinata. I don’t work here.”
Komaeda giggles, even though it wasn’t that funny.

Komaeda makes small talk, though it’s clear that he pointedly doesn’t ask about whoever stood him up.
It turns out they’re both second-years studying law, though Komaeda confesses he’s more interested in psychology.
Hinata finds that, actually, it’s pretty enjoyable to talk to Komaeda.

Half an hour passes, and Komaeda has to get back to work.

Hinata decides he might come back again tomorrow.


~*~




Prompt: ‘I’m pretending to be your best friend because you look very uncomfortable with that person hitting on you’ au

Chapter tags- unwanted advances, second person Komaeda just for something new, one sided Teruteru/Hinata, what has my life become?

~*~

He looks pretty uncomfortable, you note. His hands are clenched, and his mouth is caught in a straight line, and his eyes keep flitting around the bar.

You decide to do your daily good deed and rescue him.

There’s a short guy sitting across from him, with the largest, most repulsive pompadour you’ve ever seen. You chuckle and suppose that he’s over-compensating for something.

You plonk down next to the spiky haired boy and sling an arm around him, easy as pie.
He blinks at you, opening and shutting his mouth like a fish.
“Hey, bro!” you sing out cheerfully. You raise your eyebrow out him and attempt to give him a meaningful glance.
“Do- Do I know y-“
You cut him off.
“So, who is this guy? Are you making friends without me? You should introduce him to your best friend!”

He’s either drunk or an idiot, because he still doesn’t seem to understand that you’re here to help him. You fight back a sigh and decide to do all the heavy lifting yourself.

“Hello there. You can call me Komaeda. This dork here is my best friend.” You punctuate your words with a quick ruffle of Spiky’s hair.
“And, you are?” You ask with a smirk.

“Teruteru Hanamura.” He combs his hands through his head-slug-thing as he speaks and you choke back your laughter.

“Well, my friend here is quite intoxicated now, isn’t he? Allow me to take him home, yes?” You pose it as a question, but you glare at him to let him know there isn’t a choice.
He doesn’t protest, but he wrinkles his nose and rolls his eyes, muttering something.

“C’mon, into the bathroom, bro, and then we’ll go.”
You help Spiky up and nudge him in the direction of the bathroom. You and Teruteru watch him go.

He shuffles slowly and stumbles a little, and you decide that he’s drunk. Maybe an idiot too, but for the moment just drunk.

You decide that you may as well mess with slug-hair while you’re here.
You lean in close to him, close enough to smell bar nuts on his breath.
“Listen, Teruteru, my friend. I’ve been trying to tap that ass for months now. Leave him alone. Bro code, yeah?”

You grin down to him and giggle softly when he pulls away with wide eyes.

“Ta-ta, now!” You blow Teruteru a kiss and head into the bathroom after your supposed best friend.




(They were totally at a gay bar.)







Prompt: ‘I don’t know you but we’re both planning on jumping off this building tonight, so lets have a first and last conversation before we kill ourselves’ au.


Chapter tags: Suicidal ideation, angst, not happy!!!, ambiguous ending?

Ambiguous as in, I, the author, know what happened, but I’m leaving it open to interpretation. Please come to your own conclusions, wahaha.


~*~


The wind is cold and whips his hair in all directions.

Hinata perches on the edge, staring at the city beneath him.
The cars are tiny as they drive past.
He wonders what the cars are doing, and where the people inside are going.
He wonders why he doesn’t go anywhere anymore.

The sound of the door opening makes him flinch. He shuts his eyes tightly and waits for someone to start screaming, to pull him away from the edge.

The door shuts, and there still isn’t noise.

Hinata opens his eyes and spins around to see another man leaning against a wall with his arms crossed.

“You too, huh?” the man says.

Hinata doesn’t say anything.

The man comes and stands next to where Hinata is seated on the ledge.
“I’m Komaeda.” He introduces himself.

“Hinata.”

Hinata decides to give him his name, because nothing will matter anymore very soon.

“So, you’re ending it too, Hinata?” Komaeda says lightly, conversationally, as though he were only discussing the weather.

“Yeah.”

The other man peers down at the ground. He looks pale and uncertain. Hinata thinks that, despite his confident words and façade, he looks like the type to chicken out.

Komaeda leans forwards with an air of nonchalance, but Hinata can see the way his knuckles have gone white from gripping the ledge.

“Y-you wanna jump first Hinata? Or shall I?” Komaeda says, voice barely louder than the sounds of the city below.

Hinata bites his lip and throws a glance to the door.
“You don’t have to do it. You can go back.” He tells the other man.

Komaeda looks towards the door too. His lower lip trembles.

“We can go together. If that makes it easier.” Hinata offers.

Komaeda is visibly trembling all over now. Yet, he shuffles around the ledge until he’s sitting next to Hinata.

In this position, they can either shuffle back to the door for safety, or they can give in and fall.

Hinata glances to the city, to the door, to the man next to him.

“If…if it doesn’t make you uneasy, would you mind holding my hand, Hinata?”

Komaeda offers his hand, and Hinata takes it, feeling how it is an odd mixture of cold and sweaty. He rubs his thumb across the back of Komaeda’s hand, attempting a gesture of comfort.
Komaeda gives a wobbly, uncertain smile in return.

“Do you want to go before or after me? Or, we can still go together if you want.” Hinata asks again. He really just wants this all over with.

“I’d like to go together, Hinata.”

They both look back to the door in unison.

“On the count of three?”

“Three…” Komaeda whispers.

“Two.” Hinata’s voice is firmer.

“…O-one.” Komaeda clenches his eyes shut.

Hinata tugs the other man along with him as they speed away from the moment.


~*~



(I think I kinda skimped on the conversation part oops)



Prompt: Internet friend au

Chapter tags: fluff, platonic friendships, online friends, this is so self-indulgent wow, kinda ooc maybe?, shit this one is long oops

Reference for usernames (blame my RP group for most of them):
Komaeda- HopeBagels
Hinata- MasterofNone (As in, Jack of all trades; master of none…I couldn’t resist making an Izuru reference…)
Chiaki- Nanamemes
Ibuki- RainbowRockStar

I dedicate this to my Skype groups and the couples that have emerged from them.


~*~

MasterofNone- Hey, Ko.

HopeBagels- Yes?

MasterofNone- This might sound kinda weird and out of the blue, and I get it if you’re not comfortable and all.

HopeBagels- …I am a pure, innocent, virgin maiden, Hinata. No, you cannot tie me up, and no, I will not wear cat ears.

MasterofNone: Get your damn mind out of the gutter! No!

MasterofNone- Just, we’ve known each other for a few months now, and I was wondering what you look like?

MasterofNone- This is me.

MasterofNone- (sent image)

HopeBagels- If you insist.

HopeBagels- (sent image)



Shit. He was cute. Shit.

His cheekbones were high and sharp, and he had shockingly light hair that rested just above his shoulders. Wide grey eyes looked up at you from the photo and a small smile played on his lips.

What were you supposed to do now? Would it be weird to say you thought he was cute? Would that send the wrong message?
You decided on something a little safer.


MasterofNone- Your hair is…interesting.

MasterofNone- Not bad interesting. Just- very white and fluffy.

HopeBagels- Hah! Is that a sentient life-form in your hair, Hinata?

MasterofNone- No!!! It just does that on its own!


You’d blushed and burrowed your face into a nearby blanket. Totally blushing from anger, you’d insisted to yourself. Not because your friend is actually very attractive- nope!

~*~

You were nearly in tears from laughter.

You were in a group Skype call with some of the friends you had met online, Komaeda included.
You laughed harder into your pillow, trying not to make too much noise.

“Bite that pillow, Hinata!” Kazuichi gasped out through his laughter. You held up your middle finger prompting him to laugh even harder.

From your screen, you could see Komaeda raise an eyebrow at you before continuing reading out the story.

“Oh, yes. Harder, he screeched. The other boy’s dingly-dangler inserted rapidly into his tight man cave. His man noodle twitched at the sensation.” Komaeda recited in a monotone.

“Man noodle?” Chiaki questions with a thoughtful expression. “I haven’t encountered that one before.”

You all burst into louder laughter than before at how nonchalant Chiaki seems, and she shrugs lightly. “I’ve seen some things…”

Komaeda continues reading in his robot voice, unblinking.

“Oi, Ibuki’s online now. I’ll add her.” Kazuichi cuts in eventually. Sure enough, a new screen name appears, and she joins the call soon after. You all try to catch your breath to greet her, and she rubs her hands together when she sees how breathless the lot of you are.

“Have you guys been reading bad fanfiction without Ibuki? Go again from the top!”

Komaeda is all too happy to start again from the beginning.


~*~

You were fond of all your online friends. You’d sit through class all day, yawning and suppressing the urge to take your phone out and message them, and then hurry home in the afternoons to boot up your laptop.

The best part, in your opinion, is when the messages come hurtling onto your screen and you begin to sift through them. New music recommendations from Ibuki, cruel but undeniably funny and original insults from Hiyoko, video game reviews and critiques from Chiaki…
It makes you feel at home. You’re all so different, yet you fit in with each other perfectly.

After your dinner, you settle down in bed and sit your laptop next to you. A call is already going so you join in. Everyone greets you warmly.
You all talk about your days, and your classes, and your families. Slowly, you move into gossip. Chiaki confesses that she has a crush on a boy she knows in real life, so you all start cooing and teasing her. She turns a light shade of pink and pulls her hoodie over her face.

The group moves into discussion on crushes and relationships. Ibuki gushes about her girlfriend; Mikan goes bright red and splutters that there isn’t anyone; and there is the unspoken knowledge that Kazuichi pines after Sonia.
You’re the next target- and you don’t know what to say. So you answer honestly.

“Uh, I mean. There is someone I think about a lot. We speak all the time too! And they’re very… cute. But I don’t know if it’s a crush or anything.” You shrug and hope they’ll move onto someone else.

“Boy or girl?” Ibuki questions with a gleam in her eye.
“Boy.” You admit.
“I knew it!” she shrieks. “We are the gayest group of friends ever!”

“…I think most of us are at least eighty-percent straight, Ibuki.” Chiaki mumbles.

You just wrinkle your nose and wait for her shrieks to die out. When they do, Ibuki focuses the conversation on Sonia, who talks about a boy named Gundham. You can see Kazuichi looking down, his bottom lip wobbling a bit. You hope for his sake that nobody else notices. And if they do, they don’t mention it.

While Hiyoko is exclaiming with a bright red face that there isn’t anyone, really!, you see a notification of a private message from Ibuki.



RainbowRockStar- Ibuki knows your seeeee~-creeeet~!

MasterofNone- You aren’t Regina George, Ibuki.

RainbowRockStar- Ibuki knows that! But! She does know your seeeeeeeecret~!

MasterofNone- …What secret?

RainbowRockStar- Hinata wants to do the horizontal hokey-pokey with Komaeda!

MasterofNone- …I have no idea what you are talking about.

RainbowRockStar- Don’t play coy with Ibuki! It stands out as obviously as your hair-thingy!

RainbowRockStar- Chiaki figured it out too~!


RainbowRockStar added Nanamemes to the conversation.


Nanamemes- Hello, Hinata, Ibuki.

RainbowRockStar- Hinata wants Komaeda’s dingly dangler in his man caaaave~!

MasterofNone- H-hey!

Nanamemes- Oh. I think I knew that already.

Nanamemes- Or, did he finally admit it?

MasterofNone- HEY!

RainbowRockStar- Yes, Hinataaa~?

MasterofNone- …How?

Nanamemes- Women’s intuition.

RainbowRockStar- Also! You’re as transparent as cling wrap~!

MasterofNone- Shit. Really?

MasterofNone- Do you think he can tell?

MasterofNone- Also, slow down for a minute! I don’t even know if I actually like him?

Nanamemes- Do you think he’s attractive?

RainbowRockStar- Does Hinata’s heart beat faster when he sees a message from Komaeda?

MasterofNone- I…suppose, for both?

RainbowRockStar- If Komaeda’s throbbing pork sword was about to pillage Hinata’s village of purity, would Hinata run?

MasterofNone- I don’t even know what that means, Ibuki.

Nanamemes- I don’t think it’s very hard, Hinata. To decide your feelings, I mean.

RainbowRockStar- OH! Quiet, Ibuki thinks that its Koko-pop’s turn!



You flicked your gaze back up to the video call. You’d been focusing on typing in the private chat, and had tuned out the call. Sure enough, it was Komaeda’s turn in the spotlight.

“Ahah. I don’t know!” Komaeda was laughing awkwardly, hands held palm up in front of him.

“It’s not a hard question!” Hiyoko tells him.
“Indeed. Yes or no should suffice.” Sonia adds.

You fix your eyes to the screen, carefully watching Komaeda. You notice that the tips of his ears are tinged red.

“Yes?” He says, sounding more like he was asking a question.
“Ibuki wants details!”
“Yeah. I want to know more too…I think.”

You look back to the private chat with a small grimace.


MasterofNone- Be subtle, you guys!


They don’t respond to you, rather they press Komaeda for more details.

“I…” Komaeda starts, then trails off, looking to the floor of his bedroom. “I suppose I do. But they wouldn’t be interested in me anyway, so it’s no big deal. Shall we move on?”

“More details! Ibuki needs more details!” Ibuki sings out. By this point, the redness has travelled from Komaeda’s ears to his cheeks. Komaeda looks down at the floor again and you notice that he’s subtly typing something. A moment later, a private message from him flicks across your screen.


HopeBagels- Help me, please?


You’re completely torn. You do want to know more about his crush, but you also feel compelled to rescue him.
You toss both sides around in your head and decide to help him. You message Chiaki and Ibuki with ‘ABORT MISSION, ABORT.’
They both look at you through the screen, confused. “He admitted it, that should be enough.”

You then shift the conversation back to Hiyoko. She swears at you and keeps on insisting that she isn’t interested in anyone.

You take the chance to respond to Komaeda.


MasterofNone- You owe me, man.

HopeBagels- Indeed I do. :)



You leave that conversation there and return to the chat with Ibuki and Chiaki.


MasterofNone- He asked me to help him. *shrug*

RainbowRockStar- Oh! Is Hinata the knight in a shiningly white shirt?

Nanamemes- I understand. We were beginning to press to hard, I think.

RainbowRockStar- Now is Hinata’s chance! Take advantage of Koko-pops in his blushing, freshly rescued state and recall information!

RainbowRockStar- Go, go power ranger!

Nanamemes- I think you probably could try to push the matter in a private chat, Hinata. But don’t bother him too much about it…probably.

MasterofNone- …Ok. I’ll give it a go.



You re-opened your chat with Komaeda and tried to compose a suitable message.


MasterofNone- You know, you can tell me anything right?

HopeBagels- Indeed I do. Is this still about the crush issue?

MasterofNone- Yeah. I’m just- curious, I guess. You’re my friend, I’d like to know more.

HopeBagels- Don’t worry about it. They’re unattainable anyway, for someone like me! It’s just a little infatuation. :)



You don’t really know how to respond to that. You want to ask him more but you’re not sure how to do it.
Your hands hover above the keyboard for a long moment before you switch back to the chat with Ibuki and Chiaki.
Ibuki tells you to be blunt and tell him ‘you want his gaybies’, and Chiaki says to try and subtly push the matter further and insist.



MasterofNone- We can make a deal? Tell me about yours and I’ll tell you about mine?

HopeBagels- It’s a little complicated, Hinata. I’m a little…shy about talking about it, I suppose.

MasterofNone- I’m your friend! You can tell me anything. But if you don’t wanna, that’s cool.

HopeBagels- … :/

HopeBagels- I’m going to try and be brave like you. Just-- promise to still be my friend after?

MasterofNone- Of course

HopeBagels- Can you go first, Hinata?

MasterofNone- Sure. I met him a few months ago, online. And we’ve spoken nearly everyday since! He’s funny, and clever, and yeah…I think I like him?

HopeBagels- …I guess being brave is kinda scary, huh.

HopeBagels- I also met someone online, several months ago. And I speak to them frequently, too. They’re witty, and to be honest a dork, but an adorable dork.

MasterofNone- Great! See? It’s not so bad to tell.




You take screencaps of the conversation and forward it to Ibuki and Chiaki. Ibuki screams so loudly that you nearly fall out of your chair, and damn, you’d practically forgotten you were even still in a call.

“You’re IN, Hajime! Yes, my son! You are in! Go! For! The! Booty!”

You’ve gone red, and Chiaki’s eyes are wide, but everyone else just looks mildly confused.

“Oh…Ibuki has to hang the washing out! She tooootally forgot. Oops, gotta fly!” Ibuki hangs up.

The awkward silence still hangs in the air. No-one says anything, and you all slowly go back to what you were doing before your eardrums were shattered.

Komaeda’s gone red again, and you aren’t doing much better.



HopeBagels- Care to explain?



Fuc-



MasterofNone- I could have possibly sent something to Ibuki? Maybe?

HopeBagels- Indeed.




You glance up to the screen to look at him. He’s got one eyebrow cocked and a skeptical expression, but he’s still blushing lightly.
He said that you’re brave, but really you’re the coward here.




MasterofNone- Welp! Gotta go. I’ll talk to ya later.

HopeBagels- Bye, Hinata.



You hang up the call and hide under your sheets.


~*~





Prompt: Accidentally read their diary au.


Chapter tags- invasion of privacy, second person Hinata again, I can’t seem to help myself oops,

~*~


You’ll swear until the day you die that it was an accident.
You didn’t mean to read his diary, it just…happened.


You’d been sitting in his bedroom, playing video games and shit-talking, like friends do.
He’d asked if you wanted more junk food.
You said yeah.
He said he was going to drive down to the corner store to pick some up.
You said you’d stay and keep playing.
He said ok.

And the moment his front door shut your eyes seemed to zoom in on the journal. It was nice, but inconspicuous. It could have passed for just a notebook, or a sketchpad.
You’d paused the game and wandered over to it.
It was leather-bound, tough and sturdy beneath your fingers.

Curiosity surged through you, and before your morals could catch up, you opened it up and flicked through it.
It was mostly generic.

‘Today, I got an A on that test I didn’t study for. Lucky, huh?
Today, I bought a new video game. Maybe I’ll play it with Hinata!
Today, Hinata looked very cute.’
You’d blinked a few times when you saw that, and paused in your page turning.
You re-read it a few times, and it didn’t change.
You blinked once more for good measure.


‘Today, Hinata looked very cute. I almost kissed him, too! Thank goodness he didn’t notice—what would he have done if he saw me looking at his mouth like that? I wouldn’t want him to hate me, or be scared…’


What would happen if you noticed, indeed.
Your ears had gone red- but you kept flicking through.

Then, your phone buzzed and you’d nearly dropped the book.
Fingers shaking, you unlocked the phone.


Ko: Original or barbeque flavored chips, Hinata?


You knew he’d pick the original no matter what you said, so you didn’t bother responding, rather put the journal down on the desk.
You’d spent the rest of the time fretting over whether he would notice it being moved, shifting it an inch, and then turning it to the side, trying to emulate its original positioning.

Finally, with a huff, you just relocated your overnight bag onto his desk, shifting everything to the sides to make room. The journal was now in between a scrap of paper and an old wooden box.

You returned to the video games and tried to pretend nothing had happened.


~*~



Prompt: Imagine your OTP seeing a wasp in the house. Person A freaks out, and Person B tries to be brave and kill it. After trying to kill it for five minutes person A and person B end up hiding in the bathroom together.

Chapter tags: just fluff, drabble, look at these dorks being dorky, non-despair au lmao, look this one is actually drabble length wow


~*~

“Hajime Hajime Hajime kill it already-- make it go away, kill it Hajime!”

“…I’m trying, Nagito.”

Hinata dashes around the apartment, rolled up newspaper in hand, alternating between chasing a wasp and running away from it.
And of course, Komaeda had scrambled to lock himself in the bathroom the moment he spotted the wasp.

Hinata swings his makeshift baton towards the winged fiend. He lets out a less-than-manly shriek when it buzzes down towards him.

“Kill it!”

“That’s really not fuckin’ helpful, Ko!”

The wasp dive-bombs, and Hinata winces, certain that today is the day he dies. He ducks and hurtles to the bathroom, shrieking for Komaeda to open the door. Thankfully he does, so Hinata rushes in before slamming the door shut. He breathes heavily, Komaeda watching him with a serious expression.

They both break down in a fit of giggles.






Prompt: Imagine your OTP doing the Team Rocket introduction from Pokémon and doing Jesse and James’ parts.

OT3 Bonus- Person C is Meowth


Chapter tags- Komaeda/Hinata/Nanami, pretty platonic, pretty cracky, just fluff. Drabble, pretty plotless



~*~


“Everybody ready?” Komaeda sings out to his unwilling friends. “Positions, let’s go!”

He hurries over to turn on his camera and places it onto a stand before rushing back to his spot.

“Prepare for trouble!” Komaeda shouts as he turns around, one fist in the air.

“…And make it double.” Hinata grumbles as he too spins around.

“To protect the world from devastation!”

“To unite all people within our nation?”

“To denounce the evils of ‘truth’ and ‘love!’”

“…To extend our reach to the stars of above…?”

“Jessie~!”

“James.”

“Team Rocket blast off at the speeeeed of light!”

Hinata glances down to his palm cards. “Surrender now or prepare to fight.”

Komaeda nudges Nanami with his foot and she perks up, looking momentarily confused.

“Oh, right. Meowth, that’s right.”

“Great work everybody!”

Komaeda stops the camera filming as he grins to his friends. “Thank you for doing this with me… I’ve dreamed of having such close friends since I was young! I always wanted partners to recite this with!”

Hinata and Nanami give each other sidelong, long-suffering glances.


~*~



Prompt: No prompt this time, I just have an unhealthy obsession with occult rituals and demonic games.

Chapter tags: Midnight Man game, pfffft I’m pretty sure only one person is supposed to play at a time but who cares, kinda spooky and unsettling maybe, These dorks are huge chickens.


~*~

“Hey, Hajime?”

“Mm?”

“Do you wanna try something with me?”

Hinata glances up from his book. His boyfriend is leaning against the door-frame, brandishing a candle and paper.

“Are we playing with the Ouija board again? Because I swear to god, you were moving the planchette on your own…”

Komaeda shakes his head. “First off, you aren’t supposed to say you’re playing with the board, Hajime. Secondly, no. I want to do the Midnight Man ritual.”

Hinata isn’t familiar with it and asks what it is.
Komaeda eyes light up as he explains. “We summon the Midnight Man in here, and then we have so stay away from him until three thirty-three. And we’ve gotta keep the candle lit the whole time.”

Hinata sets his book down, knowing that Komaeda will do this with or without him. “Sure. Lets try.”

“Oh, great! It’s eleven now, and we start at midnight. So we can get started.”

Komaeda pulls out his phone and brings up a guide to the game.
“So, we’ve got a candle, and the paper…a pen is over there… matches are under the sink… do we have salt in the cupboard, Hinata? That door is wooden, and we both have blood! Easy.”

Hinata rolls his eyes and wonders how he ended up with an occult enthusiast for a life partner.

“One candle for you, Hajime, and I’ll hold onto this one. I’ll go turn off the power, so light the candles up please!”

He does as he is told; exhaling loudly once Komaeda leaves the room.
Without warning, the lights flick off, and only the soft flickering of the candles illuminates the room.

Komaeda manages to get back without tripping over anything. His face is lit up by the candles, and Hinata can see that he’s grinning.

“Hey, Ko? When do we know that it’s time to stop the game?”

Komaeda looks dumbfounded. Of course he hasn’t thought things out that far, Hinata thinks.
He just shrugs. “I guess we’ll just know!”

Hinata wrinkles his nose and glances over to the clock above their t.v. “Or, we could come back here periodically and check the clock?”

Komaeda claps and gets halfway through saying how great that idea is before freezing up.

“What is it?”

“Uh, that might not work if we have to stay in the salt circle.”

“…Please explain further, Nagito.”

“If the candles we’re holding are blown out by the Midnight Man, we have ten seconds to light them back up. And then we can keep moving-- but if we don’t do that in time, we need to make a salt circle and stay in it until he leaves.”

“Uh-huh. And what happens if we don’t make the salt circle in time?”

“He conjures up a hallucination of your worst fear and kills you.” Komaeda says nonchalantly.

Hinata swears under his breath and wonders if he can just go sleep in the car tonight instead.
Komaeda smiles softly and reaches for Hinata’s hand. “It’s fine if you don’t want to do it, Hajime. Really!”

“I’ll do it.” Hinata says, but he still feels uncertain.

Komaeda leans across and hugs him tightly. “It’ll be fine! Three hours of a little spookiness, and then we’re good to go.”

“Yeah. Sure.”

They start to prepare pouches of salt to keep on themselves. When they finish, Komaeda procures a pen and a pin.
“Sign your life away, Hajime.” Komaeda chuckles as he slides a slip of paper towards Hinata.

Hinata writes his name and then pricks his index finger. He watches a rivulet of blood trickle downwards to the paper.
Komaeda is still smiling peacefully.

“Ten more minutes to midnight.” Hinata says.

“Indeed…really-- you can leave. I can do this alone if you aren’t comfortable…”

“I said I’d do it, ok?”

“…Alright. I’m going to take the papers outside now.”

Komaeda holds out his hand and Hinata takes it. They stumble through their house, and Hinata idly thinks that if he’s having trouble moving in the dark now, it’s going to be far harder when he thinks that there’s some malevolent entity chasing him.

Their candles are small and flickering. They don’t really do much to lighten up the room.

Komaeda opens the door and holds out his hand. “I need your candle, Hinata.”

He places their papers outside, puts the candles on top, and shuts the door.

“Last call, Hajime. This is the last moment where you can go back.”

Hinata fixes him with a hard glance, so Komaeda bites his lip and starts knocking.

Once,
Twice…

He reaches twenty-one and pauses for a moment before the final knock.

Twenty-two...

Komaeda opens the door and snatches the candles up, handing one to Hinata.

They’re still holding hands. “Still got your salt pouches?”

They both nod.

“Matches?”

They both nod.

The house is still dark and quiet. The atmosphere hasn’t changed, and Hinata thinks that maybe the ritual failed somehow.

They look at each for a long moment. Hinata shrugs, and Komaeda looks almost disappointed.

“We shouldn’t take it easy-- not yet. Let’s move into the living room and watch the clock.”

The living room is much colder than Hinata remembers. Komaeda’s eyes go wide, and his lips tremble. Hinata keeps his gaze fixed on the candles, and almost screams when they both start to flicker on and off.

“Move move move move!” Hinata chants and tugs them both out of the living room.
Their candles are still lit.

They look each other in the eyes. Komaeda looks more frightened then Hinata has ever seen, and he is almost glad he didn’t leave him alone to do this.
He mostly just wishes that they didn’t start this though.

“Are there any other rules that we didn’t go over, Ko?”

Komaeda looks dazed, and it takes him a moment before he rattles off the answer. “Don’t go to sleep, don’t leave the salt circle, don’t provoke the Midnight Man, don’t leave the house, he stays here until three thirty-three.”

Hinata fights back a groan. “Let’s just try to stay together, ok?” They make their way down the hallway.

“…It’s important that we don’t go into small rooms, and ideally anywhere we go should have more than one exit in case he blocks one off.” Komaeda tells him.

“Ok. So, we need to stay away from the bathroom then, and the laundry. The bedroom should be ok, and the living room is pretty big. And we’ll stay away from the basement.”

Komaeda looks a little confused.

Hinata laughs softly. “This is weird enough. We don’t need any horror movie shit on top of it. Always stay away from the basement, y’know?”

Komaeda nods a few times, quick and tense. They clasp their hands together tighter, still watching their candles intently as they wander through the house.

“Three hours of a little spookiness, hey.” Hinata mutters. Komaeda doesn’t reply.

It’s quiet and uneventful again, and Hinata is starting to think that the candles only started the die out because of their sudden movements through the house.

“Hey.”

“What is it?”

Komaeda cocks his head to the side and stops walking. “…can you hear that too?”

Hinata focuses, and surely enough he can hear soft whispering. Hinata goes stiff, and tries to concentrate on steadying his breathing.

“I think it’s coming from behind us, Ko. Keep walking forward-- don’t look back yet, ok?”

They keep shuffling forwards, watching the candles intently. For the time being, their candles are still lit.

Komaeda looks like he’s handling this a little better than the temperature change in the living room, at least. Still, Hinata gives his hand a reassuring squeeze. Komaeda gives a small, grateful smile.

“I’m glad Hinata is here too.”

“Hah. Honestly, I wish we’d decided not to do this.”

They cut through their bedroom and end up back in the living room.
It’s only twelve-thirty.

Hinata curses loudly and throws an exasperated glance over his shoulder.

He does a double take.

“D-Don’t fucking look Komaeda.”

Of course Komaeda looks over anyway.
He looks like he’s screaming, but no sound is coming out.

There’s a large, dark figure standing in the door-frame. It’s humanoid and thin, but too tall to be anything human. A detached part of Hinata’s conscious notices that it’s mirroring the position Komaeda was in when he asked to play this game.
They’re both frozen, staring over at the figure. Hinata thinks that he wants to move, very badly, and wonders why his legs won’t seem to move.

Then his candle starts to flicker in and out again, and he can move. He tightens his hold on Komaeda’s hand and rushes them out of the room.

His candle is still alight, but Komaeda’s has gone out. Komaeda stares at it, looking confused.
Hinata throws his head back and whispers a string of obscene phrases as he fumbles to tug out his own matches out and re-lights Komaeda’s candle.

Hinata glances around the area, but it looks like they’re safe for the time being. “Komaeda. Komaeda. Komaeda!”
Komaeda looks completely stupefied, his mouth opening and shutting soundlessly.

Hinata taps his cheeks, too softly to be a slap, yet hard enough to give him a shock. Komaeda widens his eyes, blinks a few times and shuts his mouth.

“Are you ok?”

Komaeda nods quickly so Hinata pulls him along again. They wander through the house.

“I feel like we’ve figured this out, but how are we supposed to know when he’s nearby?””

“Hearing whispering or chanting, sudden changes in temperature, seeing a dark figure, and having your candle go out.” Komaeda mumbles.

They keep wandering, staying away from the smaller rooms of the house. Neither say much.

Hinata decides that after you get over the initial shock, it’s easy to keep a level head. If you hear noise, move away. If you think you see something, don’t look and try to confirm, just move away. It it’s suddenly, unreasonably hot or cold, move away.

Suddenly, the whispering increases in volume in unison with the temperature dropping. Hinata notices that Komaeda’s breathing becomes rapid and shallow.
Hinata can see the figure out of the corner of his eye and he panics.

The candles go out.

They stare at each other again, in a state of shock.

Komaeda looks like he might cry soon, and that snaps Hinata out of it. He thinks quickly and decides that it’s probably far too late to try and light a match. He yanks his salt pouch out of his pocket and immediately starts to spread the circle around both of them.
Komaeda is still unmoving.

Hinata finally lets out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding once the circle is done.

“Alright. We’re alright now. We’re in the salt circle now, Nagito. Safe now. We just need to wait.”

Hinata slumps to the ground, dragging Komaeda with him.

Komaeda looks up with hollow eyes and manages to choke something out under his breath.

Hinata can’t hear him and asks him to repeat.

“…Only one person can go in each salt circle, Hajime.”



~*~



Prompt: Imagine your OTP in a My Immortal au.


Actual chapter tags: Crack crack complete crack, I swear I’m a semi-serious author, count the Scene Kid AU references,


Chapter tagzz: goffix au! (get it, bc im goffix), P!!!!!ATD ROX!! look at theze dweEbz


~*~

Hi my name is Hajime Hinata Hectic Haywire and I have short brown hair with blood red spikes rainbow streaks across my bangs (that’s how I got my name, bcuz my hair is hectic) and brown eyes that look like deep pits of despair and rage and a lot of people tell me I look like Izuru Kamakura (AN: if u don’t know who he is get da hell out of here!). I’m not related to Junko Enoshima but I wish I was because she’s a major fucking hottie. I’m a vampire but my teeth are as straight and white as my friend Ishimaru. I have pale white skin. I’m also a wizaRd, and I go to a school called Hopes Peak Academy in Australia where I’m in the seventh year (I’m seventeen). I’m a goth (in case you couldn’t tell) and I wear mostly black. I love Hot Topic and I buy all my clothes from there.
For example today I was wearing a black button up shirt with a rainbow tie and ripped black skinny jeans and chunky Doc Marten boots. I was wearing black lipstick (bcuz all the goff boys do), white foundation (for the aestheticz), and black smudgy eyeliner. I was walking outside HPA. It was snowing and raining so there was no sun, which I was very happy about. A lot of reserve course students stared at me. I put up my middle finger at them.

“Hey Hinata-koon!” shouted a voice. I looked up. It was…. Nagito Komaeda!

“What’s up Nagito?” I asked.

“Nothing.” he said shyly.

But then, I heard my friends call me and I had to go away.



XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


A/N IS IT GOOOO? PLZ TELL ME THANX


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


The next day I woke up in my bedroom! It was snowing and raining again. I opened the door of my coffin and drank some blood from a a bottle I had in the fridge.. My coffin was black ebony and inside it was dark deep red with black lace trim on the ends. I got out of my coffin and took of my giant P!ATD shirt and boxers that I sleep in.
Instead, I put on tight leather skinny jeans, and rainbow shirt that said ‘EAT AT LEAST 7 DICKS’ and a crucifix choker. I put on four pairs of earrings in my pierced ears, and spiked up my hair.

My friend, Stevie (AN: Souda dis is u!) woke up then and grinned at me. Hhe flipped his shoulder length bright pink hair hair with black streaks and opened his sinful shining yellow eyes. He put on his Jeffree Star t-shirt with a black skinny jeans, rainbow socks and big boots with metal clips. We put on our makeup (black lipstick white foundation and black eyeliner.)

“OMFG, I saw you talking to Nagito Komaeda yesterday!” he said excitedly.

“Yeah? So?” I said, blushing.

“Do you like Nagitoooo?” she asked as we went out of the Slytherin common room and into the Great Hall.

“No I so fucking don’t!” I shouted.

“Yeah right!” he exclaimed. Just then, Nagito Komaeda walked up to me.

“Hi.” he said.

“Hi.” I replied flirtily.

“Guess what.” he said.

“What?” I asked.

“Well, Bring Me The Horizon are having a concert in Hogsmeade.” he told me.

“Oh. My. Fucking. God!” I screamed. I love BMTH. They are my favorite band, besides P!ATD.

“Well…. do you want to go with me?” he asked.

I gasped.


~*~

(Please end my life. Just, end it right now. I’m so sorry that you read that.
…Tbh, I actually unironically enjoyed My Immortal, and have read it at least three times. I appreciate finely aged memes with a side of satire.)




UNFINISHED PROMPTS



Prompt: More spoopy stuff, and I am happy to oblige.


Chapter tags: Maybe more spooky creepy stuff, dweebs messing with the spiritual world, Ko’s parents are dead but he lives alone bc plot holes don’t think too hard about it,

Heads up that may or may not make the story easier to understand? I think? ‘Zozo’ is supposedly the worst spirit you can come across when interacting with the spiritual world. So, when shit hits the literary fan, that’s the explanation.


~*~


Komaeda thinks that the Ouija board first piqued his interest in the other side.

He first tried one out when he was eleven, at home alone and morbidly curious. He’d read on the internet that even if you didn’t have an actual board it was more important that you just ‘believed’ it would work. Which was good, because he didn’t actually have a board at the time, just an ounce of belief.

He’d fetched a sheet of coloured paper and scribbled the alphabet unto it, along with wobbly sketches of the sun, the moon and a gate.
He borrowed a ring from his parents’ room and decided that it would be his planchette.

Then, he turned off the lights and flicked on a flashlight.
(He would have used candles, but his mother always insisted he never touch the matches, and he supposed that he should respect that.)
He put the ring on the board, clenched his eyes shut tightly, and called out to any spirits to speak to him.

He got through to his mother, or at least someone claiming to be her. They told him that they loved him, and that they missed him, and asked what he was doing without them. He spoke aloud into the seemingly empty room and answered the questions. He thought it was nice to speak to her, but he had a niggling sensation that something was wrong. When she started insisting that he come be with her and his father, the sensation grew.
And when he found himself glancing at the kitchen knives for just a moment too long, he terminated the session and flushed the paper down the toilet.

~*~

The next time he wanted to use a board, he decided to do it properly. He was sixteen, at a sleepover with his friends when he tugged out the Ouija board.
He’d borrowed it from another friend with a burning passion for the spiritual world.

Hinata and Nanami were both skeptical. So he told them to just try their hardest to believe, so that it would work.

Nanami asked the spirit to prove it was there, and the ceiling fan began to shake and wobble into life.

After that little display, they slid the board away and put on a movie.

~*~

Komaeda is twenty, and he moved in with Hinata a few months ago. He spots a second-hand Ouija one day, and he buys it without thinking too much of it.

Hinata isn’t impressed when he brings it home. He never is, really. Komaeda knows that he puts up with his ‘spooky nonsense’ but doesn’t really want much of a part in it. Komaeda doesn’t really have a problem with that, but he wishes that Hinata would suspend his disbelief—just for a moment!—and experience some of these things with him.

So he’s a little surprised when, despite his glaring and aura of disapproval, Hinata acquiesces to using the board with him.

The first spirit they come across seems lovely. She identifies herself as Maud, remains polite the whole session and Hinata stays calm. When Komaeda moves the planchette to ‘goodbye’ he feels a soft, barely-there trail of something cold across his neck.
Hinata still insists that Komaeda was moving the planchette himself.

“Well, there isn’t exactly a way to prove that I’m not moving it, is there-- Beyond asking the spirit, but I don’t believe you enjoyed the last time.”

Hinata looks dumbfounded for a moment, and it occurs to Komaeda that he might not even remember.

“The ceiling fan? It shook, remember?” He prompts.

Hinata still looks blank and Komaeda is astounded that he’s managed to forget.

“Fine, fine, don’t worry. You, Chiaki and I used one when we were younger, and one of you—Chiaki, I think?—asked the spirit to prove that it was there and the fan started the shake!”

Hinata’s expression is skeptical, to say the least.

“Don’t sweat it! It’s not a huge deal anyway.”

“Uh, sure.”

“Well, do you wanna try again? Using the board, that is.”

“Sure, whatever.”

Komaeda moves the planchette back onto the Ouija and calls for spirits to speak to them. Instantly, the planchette drifts over to ‘hello’.

“Is this you again, Maud?” Komaeda asks out loud.

‘No’.

“What’s your name?” Hinata questions, voice tinged with cynical doubt.

Z-O-Z-O

“Zozo? Nice to meet you.”

‘Yes’.

“Hinata? So, remember the questions that we went over, for safety? What don’t we ask?”

“Huh?”

Komaeda sighs audibly. “First off, things like ‘how will I die?’”

Zozo must take that as a question for them, because the planchette starts to drift around the board. Komaeda curses under his breath.

G-A-M-E
W-I-T-H
F-R-I-E-N-D

Komaeda and Hinata look at each other, confused.
“Just…just don’t think too much of it.” Komaeda tries to shrug it off.

“Are you our friend?”

The planchette swings to ‘No’ so quickly that it seems almost mocking.

“In that case, we’ll be leaving, Zozo. Goodbye.”

Komaeda tries to guide the planchette over to ‘Goodbye’ but it remains firm on ‘No’. He pushes it harder, more insistently, but it won’t budge.

“Why won’t you leave us, Zozo?” Komaeda asks, trying to hide the wobble in his voice.

H-A-V-I-N-G
F-U-N

The planchette starts to drift around in idle figure eights. Komaeda racks his brain, unsure of what to do in these situations. Hinata looks vaguely nervous, but mostly just accusing and skeptical.

“Y-you’re moving it, aren’t you Ko?”

“Huh? No!”

They move their gazes back down to the board. Now, the planchette is lazily counting down from ten. They watch wordlessly, curious.

When it reaches zero, they hear a deafening crash from the living room, along with the sound of shattering glass and dull thuds.
They both flinch in unison.

The planchette swings back up to ten and starts drifting down again.

“Alright! Enough of that! Goodbye!” Komaeda tries to force the planchette over to ‘Goodbye’ again.

F-U-C-K
N-O

If it were any other situation, they probably would have both laughed at the total ridiculousness. It was like something out of a low-grade horror movie.

“You’re moving it!” Hinata insists, voice tense. Komaeda shakes his head quickly.
“A-and if I were moving it, how would I make that noise?” Hinata looks like he hasn’t thought that far ahead yet.

“Hajime? Will you go to our room and fetch my mother’s necklace?” Komeada raises his eyebrows and tries to silently communicate which one he means.
It looks like Hinata has a long moment of debating whether he would rather leave the room on his own, or stay with the board on his own. Eventually, he stands up and hurries out to get the necklace.

And then Komaeda is left alone with an Ouija board, an angry spirit, and morbid curiosity.

“…May I know more about how I will die?”

T-O-L-D
Y-O-U
G-A-M-E

“Can I ask you to elaborate?”

T-H-A-T
F-R-I-E-ND

“You mean Hajime?”

Y-O-U
A-S-K-E-D
F-O-R
I-T

“What did I ask for?”

G-A-M-E

And Hinata is back before Komaeda can ask anything else. His fist is balled tight, but Komaeda can see a gold chain slipping through his fingers. He sighs in relief.

Komaeda isn’t particularly religious, but he remembers being taught how to pray the rosary when he was younger.
He takes the rosary and fingers it with one hand, leaving his other hand on the planchette. It’s gone back to tracing lazy figure eights.

He begins to pray out loud, and the planchette stops. Komaeda tries to guide it over to ‘Goodbye’ again but it’s remaining frozen. He swears quietly before continuing the pray.
He presses the crucifix at the end of the necklace to the board, and the planchette immediately swings to the opposite end.

He can hear clattering in the kitchen. They both flinch, and Hinata winces. Komaeda prays louder.

“Goodbye, now.” He hisses and this time, surprisingly, the planchette moves over to ‘Goodbye’ and stays there.

“Well, shit.” Komaeda says, and lets out a long breath. Hinata is wordless.

The bookshelf in the living room has fallen over, shattering some of Komaeda’s family china, and sending books across the room. Knives have been flung across the kitchen.

“That was kinda fun, wasn’t it Hajime?”

~*~
Sign up to rate and review this story