Categories > TV > 10th Kingdom

Alcohol Addiction Is A Terrible Illness

by Branch40Mcintosh 0 reviews

I come fromPeru

Category: 10th Kingdom - Rating: R - Genres: Erotica - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2016-01-26 - 656 words

0Unrated

While alcohol addiction is a terrible condition that could ruin lives, certain people who have a problem with it manage to hold down substantial duties and stressful jobs. Externally, these supposed high-functioning alcoholics appear to have everything together. They can drive nice cars, live in excellent areas, and earn a lot of money.

Simply because they are high-functioning does not suggest that they are suffering from the consequences of alcohol. They're still at risk of hurting themselves and those near them. A pilot nursing a hangover, a a doctor operating on a patient with unsteady hands, or a money-lender dealing with big amounts of cash are each in danger of causing terrible disasters if they stay on their dysfunctional path.

Here are some indications that can help in detecting these ticking time bombs:

1. They consume alcohol as an alternative to consuming food.

Alcoholics will typically replace meals with a few alcoholic beverages, lose their appetite for food altogether, or use mealtime as an excuse to start drinking alcohol.

2. They can certainly awaken with no hangover, even after numerous drinks.

Consuming alcohol routinely over an extended period of time can easily cause the body to become reliant or dependent on alcohol. Typically high-functioning alcoholics can drink a lot without the brutal hangover that plagues the periodic drinker.

3. Not drinking makes them irritable, anxious, or uncomfortable.

If an alcoholic is compelled to abstain from alcohol consumption, his/her body often reacts negatively, as they are dependent on the sedative results of alcohol. Abruptly stopping could cause stress and anxiety, anxiety, excessive sweating, an elevated heartbeat, as well as seizures.

4. Their actions patterns change significantly while intoxicated on booze.

Alcoholics may transform substantially when they drink. A generally mild-mannered person might become aggressive, or make spontaneous decisions.

5. They cannot have only two alcoholic beverages.

An alcoholic has a difficult time quiting, and might even finish other people's' alcoholic beverages. Liquor will never be left on the table, and there is always a reason for "one more round.".

6. Time periods of amnesia or "blacking out" are commonplace

Quite a few people dependent on alcohol will participate in adventures that they cannot recall the following day. They may not appear very intoxicated at the time, but they're not able to recall events that took place.

http://ragingalcoholic.com/alcohol-allergy/

7. Efforts to discuss drinking habits are received with aggression and denial.

When confronted with concerns involving their alcohol consumption, hard drinkers will typically fall back to denial or hostility, making discussion difficult.

8. They consistently have a very good explanation for why they drink.

If flat denial or aggression is not the preferred method of evasion, many alcoholics will have a seemingly reasonable reason for their behavior. Tension at work, issues at home, or a wealth of social activities are typical reasons to account for their detrimental conduct.

9. They conceal their alcohol.

Lots of alcoholics will consume alcohol alone, or sneak alcoholic beverages from a container in a desk or in their vehicle. This type of hidden alcohol consumption is a remarkable warning sign and there is no other reason for this conduct other than alcohol addiction.

Let's keep our society productive, safe, and sober by keeping our eyes open for troublesome behavior in an effort to get these troubled colleagues, loved ones, and friends the assistance they need.

While alcohol addiction is a devastating disease that can and does destroy lives, some individuals who battle with it manage to hold down big responsibilities and demanding careers. From the outdoors, these supposed high-functioning alcoholics appear to have it all together. They can drive great automobiles, live in terrific areas, and make a substantial income.

Just because they're high-functioning does not imply that they're immune to the results of alcohol. A pilot nursing a hangover, a doctor performing surgery with trembling hands, or a money-lender managing big amounts of cash are each at-risk of triggering awful catastrophes if they remain on their unhealthy course.
Sign up to rate and review this story