Categories > TV > Supernatural > Bloodlines SPN

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

Penina’s eyes flickered open. She groaned and closed them again. It had been a late night. Her and her twin sister Hozzie had stayed up until almost 2AM watching Adventure Time in the den they’d built in the living room. They’d fallen asleep in the den and that was there they found themselves the next morning.

Hozzie sat up slowly, trying to remember what day it was. Thursday. That meant it was a school day. That meant they had to be up by 7AM. The alarm was set like it was every night. Hozzie blinked and everything came to her. The low beeping she could hear was the alarm clock upstairs. She jumped up and ran up the stairs into the bedroom she shared with her twin sister. Her eyes widened. The clock read 8AM “Penina!” Hozzie roared “Penina, we overslept! We have to get ready now!”

Downstairs, Penina barely heard her. Hozzie ripped off her pyjamas and threw on her school uniform in record timing. Unusually so, considering it normally took her about twenty minutes just to put on socks in the morning. She ran back down the stairs after realising that her twin hadn’t made a noise “Penina!” She yelled, grabbing a pillow and hitting her over the head with it “Penina, we overslept, it’s 8 o’clock. We’re gonna be late for school. We have to leave in five minutes.”

Penina sighed “Hozzie, I’ve learnt from experience that if you’re gonna be late you might as well be really late and get some breakfast or some extra sleep or something.”

“But if we leave in five minutes we could get to school on time so-”

“But what am I supposed to do about breakfast?”

“We’ll have to skip it.”

“Skip breakfast!” Penina cried, sitting up “Skip breakfast? What do they always say? Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.”

“Yeah I know but-”

“So we can’t skip it.”

“Okay, okay, fine, we won’t. We have a bit of money left over. We’ll stop in the store on the way to school and get a chocolate bar each and we’ll call that breakfast, okay?” Hozzie said eagerly “Now come on, get up and get dressed.”

“I mean, chocolate’s not exactly-”

“Now Penina!”

Penina jumped up, knowing that Hozzie meant business, and went to get dressed. Hozzie grabbed both of their school bags and started packing them. They had different schedules but Hozzie had them both memorized so she could put in the right books for Penina’s bag and it saved them both time.

Penina came running downstairs two minutes later “Your shirt’s inside out.” Hozzie told her. Penina groaned and corrected it.

They both ran out of the house and started heading down the road “I didn’t think we had any money left over.” Penina said suspiciously “You said that-”

“I know but I’ve been keeping some of the weekly money aside.” Hozzie said “You know, for Christmas and stuff. I’ve got quite a bit actually.”

“But-”

“Don’t worry; I know it’s our money. I won’t spend it.” Hozzie nudged her “But I know you would.”

“Yeah you’re right.” Penina laughed “But still-”

“Excuse me?” A voice said from behind them. The two girls jumped and turned around. Penina looked them up and down while Hozzie stared at the floor shyly. There were two men, one tall with dark hair and green eyes while the other was slightly taller with jaw-length brown hair “I’m inspector Daniels, this is my partner inspector Rogers. We were wondering if we could ask you a few questions?”

“About what?” Penina asked “Because we’re late enough for school as it is buddy.”

“I understand that, we won’t take long.” The shorter inspector, inspector Rogers said “Can we just take down your names?”

“No, sorry, we don’t give out our names to strangers, not even inspectors.” Penina said, panicking “We don’t have time for your questions, sorry, we really need to get to school. Sorry.”

Inspector Rogers looked like he was about to argue but Inspector Daniels stepped in first “Of course, we understand.” He said with a small smile “Have a good day at school.”

“Yeah, thanks. Bye.” Penina grabbed Hozzie’s arm and the two started walking down the road. They got a good distance away before Penina looked back over her shoulder “They’re still watching us.” Penina said “What if they’re from the social services?”

“You don’t think they are, do you?” Hozzie said worriedly “What if they’re going to put us in care?”

“I won’t let them, don’t worry.” Penina said “We’ll be okay.”

“Penina I’m sorry but we don’t have time to head to the shop anymore.” Hozzie said “If we still wanna make it in time.”

Penina sighed “Fine. God, those assholes. I hope we don’t see them again.”



The two arrived at school on time and went to their own classrooms. Hozzie had Maths while Penina had History. The twins hated being split up at school because they didn’t have any other friends. For the first two years they’d just stayed by themselves but when they entered Year 9 they were split up and they both hated it.

Hozzie sat down at her desk at the back of the room by herself, watching everyone else filter in. She was lucky to be there on time but her stomach growled angrily at her, screaming that she should have gone to bed earlier last night.

“Excuse me,” A voice at the door said “Do we have a Hollie Johnson in this class?”

“Uh, yeah, that’s me.” Hozzie said, putting her hand up shyly. She hated being called on in class.

“You’re needed in the principal’s office right away. It’s urgent.”

Hozzie stood up and grabbed her bag, her mind racing. Was she in trouble? She hadn’t done anything wrong that she could think of. She wasn’t getting the blame for something someone else had done, was she? She left the room hoping that she wasn’t in too much trouble.

Penina sat at the front of the room in History, staring vacantly into space wishing she was literally anywhere else. Her stomach rumbled and she thought again of the inspectors who had tried to ask them questions that morning, her empty stomach suddenly swirling with worry. What if they were social workers or something similar? They weren’t going to split her and Hozzie up, were they? If that happened then-

“Penina?” Penina looked up and saw her teacher looking at her “I just had a message off the principal. You’re needed in his office.”

“Why?” Penina asked defensively “I haven’t done anything wrong! I-”

“The principal didn’t say anything about you being in trouble. I just know that you’ve gotta see him.” The teacher smiled at her and turned back to her computer.

Penina sighed and got up, picking her bag up. Whatever they were going to accuse her of she knew she wasn’t guilty and she’d make sure they knew that. The history classroom was pretty close to the principal’s office so no one had come to collect her. She made it there in like five minutes.

She pushed open the door to find the principal, Hozzie and the two inspectors they’d bumped into that morning “What’s all this about?” I cried “I swear to God, don’t these two need like a permit-”

“Penina.” Hozzie said.

“No, have these two been like stalking us or what-”

“Penina.”

“Because they saw us this morning, Principal Jones, and I swear to God if they think that-”

“Penina!” Hozzie cried “Our Dad’s gone missing. And these are our brothers. Sam and Dean.”
Sign up to rate and review this story