Categories > Original > Drama > Yoshiko Akazaki

Chapter 3

by I_AM_IYAH 0 reviews

Yoshiko is already starting trouble with Tomio. Will they ever be able to settle each others differences?

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2016-02-07 - 1733 words

0Unrated
I awoke to the sound of my alarm. Laying in bed starring at the ceiling, my eyes began to focus with every blink. Tuesday, my second day of school. After taking a shower, I stood in front of the mirror, wiping the glass with my hand so I could see my reflection. My hair long and the color black like my dads. My skin, slightly pale and deep plum color eyes, both of which I inherited from my mom. I glanced at my face one last time, not in vain but to see if any part of me has changed. then I started getting ready for school.
"Yoshi, your lunch is being kept warm in the oven!" I heard my mom shout from down the hall.
I rushed downstairs to drink my morning smoothie that my mom daily prepares for all three of us.
"You sure got ready fast." My father said with a kind smile.
"I don't want to be late. I already missed my first class yesterday because of an incident in the office when I was waiting for my schedule."
"An incident, what happened?"
"Oh, nothing serious," I said frantically, hoping he doesn't become over worried, "The principle just wanted to meet me before I started but she was a little busy dealing with a troublesome student."
My father nodded.
"I wish you didn't have to walk to school. Maybe your mother can see if she can start work after she drops you off."
"No dad, it's okay really. I'm sure there will be some kids that walk my way so I won't be totally alone."
He nodded i agreement. Both my parents left for work. My father now an Accountant Manager and my mother owned her own day care. I locked the door behind me as I headed for school. It was a good 5 minutes and I made it just as the first bell rang, welcoming all the students inside the building.
Mr. Takio greeted me as I walked into first class.
"Go ahead and sit where ever a seat is open. That will be your seat for the rest of the year."
The only two seats opened were towards the back, one to the left of Tomio and one right in front of him. He grinned and pointed to the seat to the left of him but I was not about to let some guy decide for me where I will sit so I chose to sit in front of him. I hung my bag on the back of the chair and planted myself in the seat. I heard him chuckle to himself. I turned around so I could face him.
"Is something wrong? Or are you just shocked that someone is actually sitting by you. Don't think that I haven't noticed you're a loner in our other classes too." The students close to us overheard and started laughing quietly to themselves.
"No, it's just I figured from the way you were acting with me yesterday you would want to sit by me, you're lucky I even offered."
I could feel myself getting more irritated and I replied in a louder voice, "How exactly was I acting yesterday?"
"Ms. Akazaki, although Mr. Hirosho probably deserves whatever you are telling him, I need both of you to remain silent and pay attention to my lesson."
Tomio and I both nodded. Mr. Takio, my Language teacher, looked around his late thirties. He had light brown hair and eyes and a five o'clock shadow. It looked as if he hadn't had a good nights rest for days. While the students worked on their classwork, he sat spaced out at his desk. I watched him as he slowly took his wedding ring off. He gave out a long saddened sigh as he just sat there and stared at it. Then he put it back on, got up from his chair and started cleaning off the white board.
Class was almost over and since all my work was complete, I sat patiently for the bell to release me from this sad atmosphere. Finally the bell rang and Mr. Takio sprang happily out of his seat.
"Okay, if you were not able to finish your classwork than your home work assignment is to complete it."
As I packed my bag, Tomio stood up already ready with his back facing me. I noticed most of the class was empty.
"Your lack of sympathy amazes me. As if I didn't know already that no one wants to befriend me. Thank you for reminding me in front of most of our class." Still facing away from me, he headed out of the classroom. I wished I could redo this morning. All of our classes I sit nearly close to him. Now I'm sure he hates me and it will be awkward whenever we see each other. I sighed and buried my face in my bag for a few seconds. As I walked towards the door to exit, I decided to apologize to Mr. Takio.
"Sorry Sir for the disruption in the classroom earlier. I said some things to Tomio that I didn't really mean and now I regret it. Is he know for holding grudges?"
Mr. Takio let out a calm laugh. "Tomio may be stubborn and hot headed at times but I assure you, he will never hurt you in any way shape or form. If he ever does, I would like to believe that I know him well enough to say it would be unintentional."
His words made me feel a lot better, but I was still ashamed of myself. I smiled and thanked him, then left to my second class.
My second class went by fast and next thing I knew the bell was ringing. I walked over to the door knowing that Tomio wasn't waiting there again like he was yesterday but at the same time hoping that he was. Walking towards third period I saw Tomio walking away from our class towards me but he hadn't noticed I was there. I said his name quietly but he kept his gaze on the ground as he walked right past me. I went straight to my seat and started writing down the notes that my math teacher had already prepared for us. Ten minutes before the bell rang Tomio walked into class straight to the teachers desk. I wasn't able to hear the conversation between her and Tomio but I just saw her nodding in agreement to his words. She then got out of her seat and faced the class as he went to his seat to gather his belongings.
"Tomio is going home early with a fever. Who would like to exchange numbers to share today's notes with him?"
No one raised their hands. I was debating if I should or if he would just turn down my offer but then I remembered what Mr. Takio said and though my brain was warning me not to put myself out there, my heart felt that doing so would make things better. Suddenly my hand shot up past my head.
"Yoshiko, thank you so much for offering. Come up so you two can exchange numbers."
Walking from the back to the front of the class, my legs went numb and I could feel all eyes on me and I could hear faint whispering from one classmate to another. The math teacher went back to the assignment. Tomio was silent and only words that came out of him was his number, then he left the room. I stood there frozen for a moment. Without thinking I pressed cancel before I was able to save his info. That was stupid of me, I turned to my teacher.
"I don't know what happened but Tomios number didn't save. Do you mind if I go catch him before he leaves?"
In a slight irritated tone she approved my brief departure. I sprinted down the hall and could see light slowly fading away as a door was left to shut on its own. I got to it before it fully closed and cracked it open to see who it was that just walked out. To my luck it was Tomio. I walked hastily towards him.
"Tomio?" I said as I reached for the back of his shoulder but he turned around before my fingers had the chance to touch his jacket. He just looked at me with a slight confused expression upon his face. Thoughts filled my head as I again started feeling frustrated.
"You know if I hadn't volunteered, you wouldn't have someone to help you out. You can at least say thank you no matter how much you may hate me."
Tomios look of confusion turned into a concerned frown. Slowly a light sprinkle started falling from the clouds onto the both of us. It quickly started getting heavier as we ran inside the building opposite to the one we came out of. As I touched my slightly wet hair I spoke again.
"I don't need a thank you, I actually came out here because your number didn't save to my phone. I need it again."
Tomio pulled out his phone without saying a word but this time he sent me a text that only read his name. That way I could save his number more easily. I forced a smile as I turned and prepared myself for the wetness outside. Out of no where I felt Tomio grab my arm. Without turning me around, he just stood there and started talking.
"I don't hate you. I could come off as a jerk by the way I say things. I'm the only one to blame for your reaction toward it. I'm sorry. Please allow us to start this day all over, with you volunteering to share your notes with me. Before then just pretend we haven't talked to each other today."
"Tomio?" I didn't know what else to say. I turned around to see a boy that looked sincere, yet broken. I gave a cheerful nod and smiled. He reacted by letting go of his gentle grip on my arm and I left him behind as I raced out the doors to the other building. All alone leaning up against the empty hallway wall, I let out a long sigh and my lips unconsciously pressed into a smile.
Sign up to rate and review this story