Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A City by the Light Divided

Chapter Eight

by MusicxisxHearts 0 reviews

chapter 8

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-08-18 - Updated: 2006-08-19 - 894 words

0Unrated
Pete was watching the news, and getting extremely worried. I haven't seen Kylie since last week when school ended, and now her friend Ray turns up dead.
"This can't be good," all Patrick ever did now was watch the news. I hope Kylie is safe, wherever she is...
*
Kylie walked quickly along the streets. It was three in the morning and she finally had found the courage to sneak out of the house. The fresh air is so nice; this is much better than being in that house. She finally came to the alley where Pete's house was and stopped in front of the door. She knocked how he had told her.
Joe opened the door, "Kylie!" Kylie shushed him and entered the house.
Pete stood up as soon as he heard Kylie's name. "You're OK!" he couldn't keep the happiness out of his voice. Kylie's been a really good friend to me, and she's helped me out a lot. Kylie smiled and nodded her head.
"What about your friend, Ray?" Andy asked.
"It's all over the news," added Patrick.
All the happiness left Kylie instantly. "What friend?" she said coldly. Joe, Andy, Patrick, and Pete stood in a confused silence.
Joe broke the silence first, "I am so lost!"
"I thought he was your friend?" Pete asked slowly.
Kylie sighed, "That's what I thought too..." Everyone sat down at the table and she told them the whole story.
"That explains why you haven't been here in a while," all this stunned Andy. I thought she said she was safe?
"I thought you said you were safe?" Patrick and everyone else were obviously thinking the same thing.
"I thought I was safe too," Kylie still couldn't believe it.
Pete looked up and met Kylie's eyes, "You shouldn't be here." If someone finds her here, I'd never forgive myself.
Kylie glared at him, "Sorry I'm human and need to see my friends."
Pete glared back at her. Joe looked from one to the other, "No need to get violent now!"
"I can take care of myself, I've been in worse situations than this. I'm not helpless," Kylie reminded Pete.
Pete looked down moodily, "Whatever." If she wants to be that careless...but she does have a point there.
*
Again, Kylie found herself walking the dark streets to Pete's house. This was her fourth time sneaking out, and she found it easier now. No one was suspicious of what she was doing, not even her dad. Kylie knocked on the door. Pete answered it.
"Hey, did you see Joe, Andy, or Patrick?" he let Kylie inside.
"No, where are they?" Kylie asked. Obviously, Pete was the only one home.
"They went out to see some of our old friends," Pete didn't seem worried that they weren't home yet. "So, um, do you know how to play any instruments?" Pete picked up his bass.
Kylie smiled. This seems more like the real Pete. "Nope." She walked over to where Pete was standing.
"Well, maybe I can teach you, if you're smart enough to learn," Pete handed Kylie the bass.
Kylie looked surprised, "You don't think I'm smart enough to?" I like the real Pete better than the moody, hate-the-world Pete.
"Well I guess I'll find out," Pete actually smiled.
Fifteen minutes later, Kylie was playing part of a song when the cell phone in her back pocket rang. Pete took his bass and stood silently as Kylie answered the phone.
"Hello?" Kylie wasn't sure who it was.
Her dad's voice came through the speaker, "Where are you?"
Kylie went pale, "I'm-" she was cut off by the sound of someone knocking at the door. It was in the usual system, so Pete rushed over to open it. He was about to tell Joe, Andy, and Patrick to be quiet, but he was too late.
"Hello!" Joe was noisy as usual.
"Kylie? Who was that? Where are you?" Kylie gave Pete a desperate look.
"Quiet," he whispered as the others came inside.
"Kylie? Kylie!" Kylie didn't know what to do, so she pressed the end button and closed her cell phone.
"Who was that?" Pete asked, dreading the answer.
Kylie studied the cover to her cell phone. There was a tiny black computer chip on it that she had never seen before. Oh no! "Oh my gosh, we have to leave now!"
"What is going on?" Patrick asked.
"That was my dad, he put a tracking device on my cell phone, he probably has people from The Agency on their way here!" Kylie was freaking out.
"I trusted you!" Pete was scared, but he tried to cover it up.
"Pete, this isn't my fault, I didn't know! And I never told him anything!" Kylie pushed Pete towards the door. "We have to go now!"
"Go where?" Andy asked as the five of them went out the door.
"As far away from here as possible and as fast as possible!" Kylie started jogging.
The others followed her. They rounded the corner at the other end of the alley and ran into a group of people Kylie recognized from The Agency. Kylie pushed Pete and Patrick back down the alley, but the group from The Agency separated Andy and Joe from them. Andy and Joe took off running in the opposite direction, and the others ran back down the alley.
Sign up to rate and review this story