Categories > TV > Lost > Echoes of a lost love

Chapter 7: I don't need pity. I need understanding.

by dreamsarefanfiction 0 reviews

Juliet worries when she doesn't feel her baby moving. Later she has an encounter with James, then her and Jack have an argument about him.

Category: Lost - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Jack,Sawyer - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2016-02-09 - 867 words

0Unrated
Juliet searched the sand with her eyes as she lowered her self onto a downed palm tree on the ground. Her hands on the swell of her belly she bit her lip and looked down at it. She had no idea when she woke up that morning that this would happen. It was the first time she’d had the best night’s sleep since before she’d lost James. Back when they were in the Dharma Initiative. Holding back some tears, she shook her head. She was determined not to cry. Not until she knew exactly what was going on. She didn’t know if talking to her belly was going to help, but anything at the moment was a help.

“Come on sweetie, please tell me you’re just sleeping in there.”

She sat quietly for a couple of minutes and waited for a strong kick in her ribcage. She began to panic when she felt nothing in return. Feeling a hand on her shoulder, she looked up to find James sitting next to her.

“What’s the matter blondie? Why are you cryin’?”

Thrusting herself into James’ arms, Juliet let the river of tears out and loud sobs accompanied them. She suddenly felt very safe in his arms.
Nothing could hurt her while she was in them, not even the black smoke monster.

“You don’t understand James; I can’t do this alone. I haven’t felt the baby move since this morning.”

James put a hand up to Juliet’s left cheek and stroked it. Leaning into his touch, she closed her eyes and savored the moment. Was he really here? Or was this some kind of trick? The right one found her belly and placed it over her own.

“The little guy’s probably just sleepin’ is all. If you’re really that worried, go and tell the doc.”

That was exactly her intention. When she turned to say something more to James, he’d disappeared. Covering her eyes, she let out another sob. Then taking a breath, she opened up her eyes and found Jack kneeling before her with a concerned expression written across his face.

“Juliet, what’s wrong?”

Swallowing, she placed both of her hands back over her belly and kept them there. She couldn’t stop her bottom lip from trembling. Her
voice shook as she told Jack her findings.

“I haven’t felt the baby move since this morning.”

Jack had a look of pity on his face, and Juliet became cross with him.

“I don’t need pity Jack. I need understanding. Understanding about what I’m going through. Just know I’m not crazy.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Well from what I can tell, everything looks normal. Good placental blood flow. Are you drinking enough water? Strong heartbeat. She’s probably just startled by something.”

Juliet narrowed her eyes at Jack and fingered the ultrasound machine with her right hand.

“She? So it’s a girl then?”

She was hoping to keep it a surprise until she went into labor. Jack nodded his head yes and turned off the machine.

“Yes and congratulations Juliet. Now that we know that your daughter is ok, let’s talk about the elephant in the room: James.”

Juliet frowned and played with the hem of her shirt. I knew it! He still thinks I’m seeing things! Why is it that I only see James? Why can’t Jack
see him too? Sighing, she let a tear roll down her left cheek.

“He comes and visits me every now and again. Before you showed up in front of me while I was sitting on the downed palm tree on the beach, he was sitting right next to me. He told me everything was going to be ok.”

Jack was quick to scoff at Juliet.

“James is dead Juliet. He’s never coming back. You know that. Now whatever fantasy you’ve created with him in it isn’t helping your condition any. I think that this has been brought about because you didn’t have enough time to grieve his loss. You need more rest. If you need help, just ask. We’re all here for you.”

Juliet was fuming. How could Jack saw that? James was there, she wasn’t imagining him. She wasn’t making it up. He wasn’t a figment of her imagination. He was absolutely real!

“Ok Jack, if James is some sort of fantasy of mine, then why is it that I can feel his touch huh? You tell me how that’s possible?”

Jack was about to respond when he saw Juliet’s reaction and stopped. He watched as her hands went flying to her belly and she let out a
gasp and then a slight laugh.

“I felt a kick!”

Plopping her head back on the exam table, she let a few tears flow before she smiled.

“Something tells me that this little girl is going to bring us some good luck.”

Jack gave her a smile and sighed. Juliet needed some good news in her life right about now. She’d been through too much in the last 7 months.



To Be Continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story