Categories > TV > Lost > Echoes of a lost love

Chapter 9: Surrounded by strangers

by dreamsarefanfiction 0 reviews

Ben shows up with a group of people Juliet has never seen before, then he tries to steal her baby.

Category: Lost - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Jack - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2016-02-09 - 693 words

0Unrated
Juliet was having the best night sleep, and not to mention she had just found a comfortable position to lie in when she felt a hand clamp over her mouth. Her breath quickened and she opened her eyes wide only to see six strangers surrounding her. Someone was holding her down by her shoulders up by her head. But she couldn’t see any of their faces. What is this? Am I having one of those really bad nightmares again? Wake up Juliet! The firelight that was coming in was casting strange shadows, and she thought she caught a glimpse of one of her attackers. She gasped behind the hand clamped over her mouth when she realized who it was.

“You will always be mine Juliet. You think I was going to let you get away that easily? Since you didn’t finish your job, I found someone else that could. The woman holding your ankles is the one that replaced you. Her name is Erica Stevens. You belong to me and the child your carrying should have been mine. Not James’.”

Swallowing hard, Juliet did the only thing she could think of to try and free herself from the strangers all around her. She made a split-second decision and bit the hand of whomever was keeping her quiet. She instantly became disoriented when she felt an electrical shock in her side. Her eyes grew wider when she heard a gunshot and someone falling to the sand with a thud. The firelight coming from just outside the tent glowed against Ben’s face. He looked at all the other people with him.

“Anyone else feel they need to question my leadership?”

Satisfied with the silence of the answer from the others, Ben looked at Juliet and ran a hand through her hair. Juliet couldn’t move so she had to imagine making a disgusted look at him. A few tears slipped down her cheeks. But she quickly quelled them and took a breath. I wish I could move! Jack help me! She knew that Jack must’ve heard the gunshot. Then as if by magic he tore into her tent.

“Juliet, what’s going on?”

Jack’s eyes darkened as he came face to face with Ben. An annoyed sigh escaped Erica Stevens mouth.

“Should I give this to her Ben?”

Erica Stevens held a syringe in her hand very near to Juliet’s stomach. Juliet was just beginning to get the motion back in her body, and was trying to squirm her way out of the syringe’s path. Jack wanted to knock the syringe out of this woman’s hand.

“What is that?”

Erica smirked at Jack and shook her head.

“Just a little something to kick-start labor.”

Shaking his head, Jack could do nothing with four guns pointed at him.

“…And why would you want to induce labor?”

The smirk stayed on Erica’s face as she answered Jack.

“This child belongs to Ben.”

Juliet began to protest, trying to roll herself into a tiny ball for protection.

“The hell she does! She belongs to me! Cara belongs to me! She is mine and James daughter! You can’t have her, and I sure as hell don’t give you one ounce of permission to induce labor. You don’t have my permission. Got it?”

Ben nodded at Erica and she followed through with her orders. Juliet struggled against Erica as she held onto her ankles. She wanted to spit
in her face. Jack was knocked unconscious with the butt of a hand gun. Looking Ben straight in the eye, Juliet let her tone become dark.

“What do you think this will accomplish Ben? This will accomplish nothing. Cara isn’t your daughter to raise. She’s mine! Understand me?”

Growing angry, Ben got in her face and frowned.

“This is happening Juliet, as retribution for leaving me.”

Juliet could feel her nose begin to flare, she was angry.

“I have never been yours Ben. You’re insane! You can’t have my daughter! Let me go!”

How am I going to get out of this one?

To Be Continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story