Categories > TV > Lost > Echoes of a lost love

Chapter 11: A nice quiet ('normal') day on the beach

by dreamsarefanfiction 0 reviews

Sawyer and Juliet have a conversation about going home, meanwhile, a little later Juliet suffers what appears to be a stroke.

Category: Lost - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Jack,Sawyer - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2016-02-09 - Updated: 2016-02-09 - 1080 words

0Unrated
“Well aren’t you the chatterbox this morning.”

Juliet laughed out at the wild movement of dancing feet in her belly below. After the traumatizing chaos that happened nearly a week ago, she was enjoying this nice, quiet, ‘normal’ day on the beach. Sitting under the shade of one of the palm trees, she watched as the waves crashed against the sand and stared out at the ocean. Longing for home. She wondered what her sister Rachel’s reaction would be when she saw her like this? She’d be happy, I know that. Glancing down at her engagement ring, she twisted it in circles on her ring finger.

“James you’re missing out on all this action. Your daughter is getting restless in there. She wants to greet the world.”

She closed her eyes when she felt scratchy stubble against her neck.

“Wouldn’t miss this for the world blondie. Whatcha dreamin’ about anyways?”

Smiling, Juliet turned to James and watched for his reaction. He attentively reached a hand out to her belly and placed it just off to the side of her left one.

“Home. My sister Rachel and my nephew Julian. You know my sister named him after me. She had cancer, and it made it so she was unable to have children. That’s where I came in. She’d wanted kids her whole life, I just helped her out a little. My nephew was a miracle. Just like Cara.”

The couple stared out at the ocean for a minute or two before either one of them decided to speak again. James finally broke the ice and spoke first. She gestured towards her belly and let out a contagious laugh. James smiled. He really missed her laugh. Juliet missed waking up in his arms every morning.

“This view would be nice ‘cept for the fact that we got no way off this rock. You know I was there right after the doc patched you up. He talked to me without even realizin’ he was. Don’t think he’d go admittin’ that though.”

Juliet leaned into his embrace and didn’t let go. It wasn’t until Jack called out to her that she fell over into the sand.

“Juliet, do you want some fruit?”

Attempting to sit up, she shook her head and closed her eyes as soon as she saw Jack sprinting towards her. She felt his hands under her shoulders and he was lowering her to the sand. She was dizzy, but sitting up would make her feel better.

“Jack I’m fine…”

She opened her eyes to see him frowning.

“No you’re not fine. I want you to lie still for a few minutes. Now are you having any dizzy spells?”

Nodding her head yes, Juliet yet again attempted to sit up.

“Yes, but sitting up would help me.”

Jack kept his hands firmly planted on her shoulders to keep her from getting up. Her head in his lap, he looked at her carefully. Checking her pulse, he noticed it was thready. He also noticed she was suddenly not making any eye contact with him. He shook her shoulder to try and get her attention.

“Hey Juliet, can you look at me? Juliet?”

Jack’s frown deepened as he got no response from her. She seemed to be staring at something to the left of her. He tried calling out to her
again, this time a little louder.

“Juliet if you can hear me, follow my finger.”

James returned to Juliet’s side and was now sitting in the sand beside her. He was pushing back some hair that’d fallen into her face.

“Come on baby wake up. Tell the doc what’s wrong.”

It’d now been almost 15 minutes since Juliet had last talked to Jack, and this worried him. Her eyes hadn’t moved from their position
pointing left, and she hadn’t blinked. He had a sinking feeling. He didn’t know he was holding his breath until he saw her close her eyes and take a breath.

“Juliet?”

A minute later she let out a groan of pain and opened up her eyes.

“Ah. I feel like someone punched me in the chest, what’s going on? What happened?”

Jack sympathized with Juliet. He wished he could tell her. But all he could go on was her symptoms.

“You were just talking to me and then suddenly your eyes drifted off to the left. You didn’t move or say anything.”

Juliet stared at Jack her mouth hung open in shock at first. Furrowing her eyebrows, she offered up her theory.

“What? So your implying I had some sort of stroke? Jack, I’m too young for one of those. You can’t be certain I had one unless you get me a CT. Which, where in the hell are you gonna find one of those on this island!?”

Jack put a hand up to try and calm a very distressed looking Juliet.

“Juliet I want you to take a breath and calm down. Think of the baby. You’re putting stress on her right now. I need you to relax.”

Juliet pointing her finger at thin air, grew angry and burst.

“Oh shut up James! I look like a cow and you know it.”

Jack felt helpless at first, Juliet was having an argument with air. But could there be more to it than that? Jack wondered about all those times Juliet had told him about seeing James. Had it been real after all? Juliet seemed to calm considerably when James put a hand up to her cheek, running a hand through her curls.

“Ease up there on the anger blondie. I was just kiddin’ around. You don’t have to be all wise-ass about it. You will always be beautiful to me. Now let the doc help you. Just relax and rest. Whatever Jack tells you, you do it.”

Juliet nodded and took a breath, then letting it out ever so slowly.

“Ok James.”

Juliet stayed quiet while Jack examined her, James all the while holding her hand and never leaving her side.

“I’m right here sweetheart. I won’t leave you. The two of you are the most important things to me. You and Cara.”

Her eyes wandered back out to the ocean and she smiled. I’m getting off this island and nothing is going to stop me.



To Be Continued…
Sign up to rate and review this story