Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Sakura Train

Mother's Back

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna awakes to see the Mother standing over Kirika-chan and she doesn't look so happy.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2016-02-11 - 499 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-One: Mother’s Back:

November 21st, 2010.

7:45 a.m.

Anna awoke to a soft hum. She opened her eyes to see the Mother standing over the baby. She sneered as she ran her finger along the basinet.

“Heh,” the Mother said. “This is why I hate babies. They take, and take, and take, and take, and take. They poop, cry, and are hussy.” She turned to Anna.

“In short,” the Mother said. “Babies are useless.” Anna sat up, blinking.

“When did you get back?” she asked.

“Just now,” the Mother said. “This brat woke me up with her crying.”

“But where have you been?”

“In your core.”

“Why didn’t you reply when I tried to call out?”

The Mother pressed her hand to her forehead. “It was that stupid spell Haruka put us under.”

“Spell?”

“Yeah. It took me weeks to fight back against it. Such a pain in th ass.”

“Wait… huh? That’s what that was?”

“I’ll explain later. Right now, we have a bigger problem.” The Mother looked down at Kirika-chan. “What do we do with the brat?”

“We aren’t.”

The Mother’s face dropped. “What?”

“Asato wants to adopt the baby.”

“What?!”

Anna shrugged. “What can I say? He loves that baby.”

The Mother groaned. “There’s another reason I hate babies!” Suddenly, Anna’s phone buzzed. She reached over and flipped it open.

“It’s from Asato,” she said.

“What does he want?” the Mother asked.

“He said that everyone will meet here this evening,” the other woman said. “We will discuss Kirika-chan’s fate.” The kitsune snorted.

“What?” Anna asked.

“More with that brat Can’t we just dump her somewhere?”

“I don’t want to break his heart.”

“But what do you want?”

“I just want to get over all of this. If he wants to adopt the child, fine. I’m just tired.” Anna crawled out of the futon and headed into the bathroom.

--------

The Mother sat on the futon. It took her two weeks to overpower and eat Haruka’s spell. She was so worn out that she had to rest in Anna’s core to get her strength back. Now, she had to deal with a baby. The Mother gritted her teeth.

I will be damned if I have to raise a little brat, she thought. As if on cue, Kirika-chan began to cry.

“Shut it,” the Mother hissed. The baby stopped crying as if she understood the kitsune. The Mother flopped back onto the futon.

“I did not wake up to bullshit like this!” she shouted. The kitsune puffed up her cheeks and frowned. “Now what?”

--------

In the shower, Anna pressed her hand to her forehead.I don’t know what I am doing, she thought. At this point, she hoped it would all end with a positive outcome. Anna looked up at the ceiling.

“We will have to see,” she said to herself. Anna pressed her lips together as her stomach turned.
Sign up to rate and review this story