Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Sakura Train

Mercy Kill

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki and Hisoka finally put an end to Katsumi's reign of terror.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2016-02-14 - 602 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Five: Mercy Kill:

The killing spree hit Konoe’s desk had a guess as to who was behind this.

“I thought you got both those kids judged,” Konoe said.

“Our objective was to confirm if they had Abaddon’s Box,” Hisoka said. “Miki was killed by the demon from the box.”

“Her boyfriend wasn’t a real threat on the list,” Tsuzuki said. “What changed?”

“We believe he is possessed by a demon,” Tatsumi said.

“What?!” Tsuzuki and Hisoka asked.

“In any case,” Konoe said. “Bring him in for judgement!”

“Yes sir!” Tsuzuki and Hisoka said.

----------

Katsumi walked around the bodies of the motel. He felt nothing for them. His former self took take to admire his work. Today, it meant nothing. He had a stoic look on his face. Nothing. It did little to rouse his former self. He was waiting. Waiting for them. Waiting for Miki’s killers.

“They are here,” Miki-chan said. Katsumi lifted his head. Tsuzuki and Hisoka stood on the other side of the carnage. For the first time, the possessed boy smiled.

“Well, well, well,” he said. “You’re finally here.” The shinigami looked at the bodies on the floor.

“Why would you do this?” Tsuzuki asked. Katsumi laughed.

“Why?” he asked. “Why?” Katsumi stepped on a dead man’s head. “You killed her. You killed my Miki!”

Tsuzuki’s eyes drifted to his partner. “What can you tell about him?”

Hisoka looked Katsumi in the eye. He narrowed his own eyes. “There is nothing there.”

“What do you mean?”

“He has nothing in his soul.”

“He’s right!” Miki-chan yelled. “I killed him!” The shinigami’s jaws dropped.

“What?” Tsuzuki asked.

“It’s a demon born out of his sorrow,” Hisoka said.

“That’s right!” Miki-chan said. Katsumi raised his head and raced forward. His nails turned into a long, bloody blade. Tsuzuki drew out his fuda.

“Remember what we talked about,” Hisoka said. Tsuzuki nodded.

“Right,” he said. Katsumi went for Hisoka first. The younger shinigami grabbed him by the arm. From his grip, Hisoka saw what happened.

He heard the pain-filled screaming. Katsumi stood in the middle of bloody rain screaming with his eyes ripped out. Only, Hisoka heard the buzzing he would hear if he lost his hearing temporarily. Still, one phrase came through clearly.

“Kill… me…”

“Now, Tsuzuki!” Hisoka shouted. “I don’t know how long I can hold him back!” Katsumi aimed for the shinigami’s chest. It was lucky that Hisoka could withstand the otherwise lethal blow.

“Die! Die! Die!” Katsumi screamed. “Why won’t you die?!”

“Tsuzuki!” Hisoka yelled. His partner’s eyes welled up.

“I understand,” he said in a low voice. The older shinigami raised his fuda.

“Katsumi,” he said. “You will be judged.” With one wave of his arm, fire flew out of his fuda. Hisoka jumped back as the flames consumed the possessed boy.

“Mi…ki…” Katsumi whispered. He reached as if looking for someone as he burned away to ash. Tsuzuki wiped away his tears.

“Why does it hurt, Hisoka?” he asked.

“He wanted to die,” his partner said. “I heard him say, ‘kill me’. I think he started killing again to get our attention.”

“It still hurts,” Tsuzuki said in a choked-up voice. He began remember the time he had to kill Shichiro. He too pleaded for the shinigami to kill him. Even that was painful for Tsuzuki to deal with afterwards. Hisoka patted him on the shoulder.

“We should be getting back,” the younger shinigami said in a low voice. Tsuzuki nodded quietly before they teleported back to Meifu.
Sign up to rate and review this story