Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Sakura Train

Testing Day

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Watari and Aigup begin the blood testing of the key on Kirika-chan.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Watari - Published: 2016-02-16 - 591 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Testing Day:

November 25th, 2010.

10:00 a.m.

Watari stood by Aiguo and smiled. Kirika-chan lay on the counter before them. Aiguo frowned at the baby.

“Ready to do this?” Watari asked.

“Yes, yes,” the mob boss said’ The blonde scientist opened Kirika-chan’s pajamas.

“Okay,” he said. “Walk me through the steps.” Aiguo breathed heavily.

“Take the needle to your left,” he said. Watari looked at the five syringe needles. Three big ones and two little ones waited to be used.

“Which one?” Watari asked.

“First big one,” Aiguo said. The blonde scientist shook his head.

“The big one is too mean and scary.” Watari picked up a little needle. “This will work fine.” He turned to the baby.

“Say I don’t like big, scary needles,” Watari said. Aiguo groaned.

“Fine,” he said. “The needle needs to go into the heart.”

“Into the heart.” Watari studied the baby’s chest for a minute. However, he turned to Aiguo.

“Why the heart?” he asked.

“We need a good sample of her blood,” Aiguo said. Watari tilted his head.

“There are other places, right?”

“Why?”

“The heart seems a bit much, doesn’t it?” Watari lifted the baby’s foot. “This will do fine.” He stuck the needle into the baby’s right foot. Kirika-chan whimpered at the pain.

“Shhh, shhh, shhh,” he whispered. “It will be all over soon. Hang in there.” Watari hummed to quiet the baby.



Aiguo frowned as he observed Watari’s care of the baby. The mob boss didn’t get it.

“She’s just a key,” he said. Watari looked up with the needle in his hand.

“Yeah,” he said. “Inside a tiny baby.” Watari tickled Kirika-chan’s stomach. The mob stared blankly. What the hell is this?

“So, what comes next?” Watari asked. Aiguo cleared his throat.

“For now, we need to pour it on a sample of the gate,” he said.

“Okay. Did you bring it with you?”

“Yes.” Aiguo reached into his fancy black coat and pulled a glass case big enough to fit a necklace. Watari looked inside and saw a stone in the shape of a circle. Tiny ridges covered the surface. The blonde scientist tilted his head, pursing his lips.

“How did you get this?” he asked.

“My lab took an active sample from the gate last night,” Aiguo said. “Don’t worry, it can fix itself for the time being. Anyway, drop the blood on the sample.” Watari opened the box and squeezed out the blood onto the sample. A small wave pulse filled the room. Aiguo felt himself smiling.

“What was that?” Watari asked.

“Good,” the mob said, nodding. “Good. It took.”

“Now what?” the blonde scientist asked. Aiguo pushed back his black hair.

“Wait for three days,” he said. “We shall see how it takes.”

“And then what?”

“More testing.”

Watari smiled. “Perfect. It’ll give me time to develop more humane ways to run tests on Kirika-chan. I bet she wants to be held right now.”

The mob boss lowered his head. “I don’t get you.”

Watari gave him an odd look. “What don’t you get?”

Aiguo pressed his hand to his forehead. “Nothing.”This isn’t how I wanted to do this. I have to actually work with these people? Please end me now. Watari grinned as he read his mind. Still, he had his own questions about the baby’s future once the testing was complete.

“Aiguo-san,” he said. “What becomes of Kirika-chan if her blood can keep the gate closed?”
Sign up to rate and review this story