Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A Reason to Dance

Chapter Two

by Tataru 0 reviews

Kagome's ex-boyfriend causes a career ending injury, sending Kagome back to Japan. Can she heal her heart as well as her

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Naraku, Sango, Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-08-21 - Updated: 2006-08-22 - 4376 words

0Unrated
Chapter Two

The darkness of the club provided the perfect backdrop for the extensive neon lighting that decorated every available surface. There was nary a space of wall, floor, ceiling, table, chair, or bar that was not outlined. Colorful seating areas with chairs made up to look like large red and white mushrooms gave a twisted sort of Alice in Wonderland feel. Overall, the club had a fun and funky sort of atmosphere to it. Considering the clubs owner, it was perfectly suited.

Kagome had been the first to meet Shippo when they were still at school. She had rescued him from certain humiliation at the hands of Koga and the rest of the soccer team the start of term. That particular group seemed to enjoy spreading hate and discontent wherever they went.

"Hey, check out the Inu Crew!" Everyone turned to greet their newest arrival.

"Shippo, my main runt, how the hell are ya?" Inuyasha grinned as he picked up the shorter red head in a bear hug that was just a little to strong for Shippo's smaller frame.

"Yash, dude, your killing me here." He laughed as he found himself deposited into the center of the group. He was adjusting an earpiece when he caught site of Kagome.

"KAGOME!" He shouted out and launched himself at her.

Much to Kagome's mortification, if it had not been for Sesshomaru standing directly behind her, Shippo would have ended up knocking them both to the floor in a rather undignified heap.

"When did you get back? Why haven't you come to see me before this? I heard you had surgery, are you okay now?" He asked all this and more at the speed of light.

Kagome assured him she was fine and inquired about his own goings on while Shippo lead them over to a private booth at the far end of the dance floor, ordering drinks for everyone and filling them in on his happy news. Kagome was shocked when he revealed that he was to be married soon, and to whom.

"Souten?" Asked a very shocked Kagome. "Hiten and Manten's little sister?" To this Shippo simply responded by nodding while crossing his arms and puffing his chest out.

"But you two never got along in school. When did this happen?" Kagome was beyond bewildered. Shippo and Souten had been threatened more than once with expulsion if they did not stop their little 'duels' that usually ended only after something or someone was broken.

Shippo shrugged his shoulders in a self-mocking manner. "I ran into her one night at her brothers club. We started teasing each other like we did in school and before I knew it; I was asking her out to dinner. Kind of went from there."

Kikyo seemed the most shocked of the whole group. "But Shippo, your only 19! Your way to young to get married. This is the time to party, be young! What do your parents think of this?"

"My mother couldn't be happier." Shippo laughed easily. "We only announced it last week and already she has a temple reserved." Shippo sat ramrod straight and imitated his mother's aristocratic air. "The wedding will be performed in the traditional Shinto style at the Matsudai Temple. You will of course be dressed in a traditional black and white kimono. There will be none of this modern day outlandishness." He slouched tiredly, "The wedding is months away and she has already made all the arraignments. My mother and Souten have been inseparable since we broke the news."

"Poor Souten." Sango said dramatically. She had had a run in with Mrs. Byakko on one very memorable occasion because of her little brother. She still burned with the shame of it all. One just could not reason with a woman who was raised to be not only exceedingly proper but a traditionalist as well and did not take too well to misbehavior or young girls wearing 'inappropriate attire.'

"The Matsudai Temple, that's way in the mountains. Wouldn't the Higarashi Shrine be easier?" asked Miroku.

"I made that very suggestion to her but she won't be dissuaded." Shippo replied, catching Kagome's eye and winking, "I've always enjoyed Jijii Higarashi. Last time I visited the Shrine he hit me with a sutra, called me a demon, and told me to be gone. My ponytail will never be the same again." He sighed before adding, "That's one of the reasons mother decided against the Higarashi Shrine. She doesn't much care for Jijii."

Kikyo snorted at this before the whole party erupted in jovial laughter. Jijii Higarashi was well known for his tales of dog demons and shrine priestesses and their battles between of good and evil. He often became quite animated.

Shippo answered a call that had come over his headset and after a brief acknowledgement to the caller, he grabbed Kagome who was seated beside him and squeezed her for all she was worth, refusing to release his death grip on her until a lunch date was secured

"Sorry guys, I'll have to catch up with you in a few, got some biz to take care of." With a wave and a wink to the girls, he was off and disappeared into the crowd.

"Well marriage may be all fine and good for some people but I will never marry!" Kikyo made this statement without once looking in Inuyasha's direction. If she had, she might have caught the fleeting look of hurt in his eyes before he sat up and grabbed his drink, taking a large swallow and watching the crowd, Kagome knew how he felt about it. The two of them had more then one discussion about his feelings toward Kikyo.

"Come on, Kikyo," Inuyasha stood and offered his hand to Kikyo, "time for your...Dance of Seduction." He snickered as she rolled her eyes and took his hand. They made their way onto the dance floor closely followed by Sango and a butt groping Miroku.

Kagome watched their antics with a small amount of jealousy. The four began dancing together, the girls face to face with the guys cuddled right behind them, caressing their arms, hips, belly....anything they could reach. Not as scandalous as an 'Inu Miroku Sandwich,' but still

Her foot taping away to the beat of Marilyn Manson's 'Personal Jesus,' her mind wandered back to her own introduction to the Sandwich.

It happened at the final dance of the school year, played out under golden banners depicting Roman and Egyptian writing representing the theme 'Cleopatra's Rome.' Candles glowed warmly on each white and gold covered table.

Her date that night had been her high school sweetie, Hojo. Hojo was always shy about dancing so Kagome usually stayed with him and kept him company.

The rest of the 'Inu Crew' was going to have none of that at their final school dance so unbeknownst to Kagome, her sister had already made plans with the others to give Kagome her first 'Inu Miroku sandwich', a Sango invention, that neither Sango or Kikyo could get enough of.

When both Sango and Kikyo quarried her in the girl's restroom, Kagome took one look at them and felt a disturbance in the Force.

"Soooo...Kagome," Sango purred in her left ear, "Hojo....he doesn't like to dance I take it?"

Kagome shrugged her shoulders, something was definitely up with those two; she knew them too well. Her eyes flicked to her sister for confirmation. Yep, there was mischief afoot.

"What are you two up to?" she asked, not keeping the suspicious tone out of her voice.

The two devils in disguise made eye contact through the mirror, sly grins crossing their faces before Kikyo whispered into her right ear. "We have a little present for you, sis, call it a...going away gift, from us to you."

"Just a little something to remember us by." Both girls giggled as they drug her from the bathroom onto the dance floor.

Finding a darker corner of the dance floor the three girls started to dance, Kagome in the center. She loved to move her body and it was so easy to lose yourself in the music.

The girls where moving against one another, using their hands to caress each other's arms and thighs, occasionally caressing a shoulder or jaw with their lips. Kagome was lost in the music and the movements of her body, eyes closed, she did not notice the approach of Inuyasha and Miroku or the gleam in their eyes as they drank in her form. Her red mini hugged her body and showed off her curves. Kagome did open her eyes when she felt a strong hand glide across her back while another took hold of her hand. She looked into Kikyo's face for a moment and took in her grin before her vision was filled with Miroku.

Miroku was taller than the rest of the crew had the most gorgeous purple eyes. She could not help but blush, he had been the first guy to kiss her, and the memory of it sent a shiver down her spine. He was a very very good kisser.

Kagome's eyes looked up into Miroku's, her head fell against a chest that she knew was to high and way to muscular to be Sango's. She did not have to look to know it was Inuyasha; he was already lowering his lips to her ear and whispering, "A little going away present, Kagome. Just relax and enjoy the ride."

Inuyasha's voice caused a pool of heat to rush through her lower belly. She closed her eyes and relaxed as they continued moving with the music. That was all the encouragement Miroku and Inuyasha needed. Their eyes met for a moment before they began their seductive assault on Kagome.

They pressed her in between them so tightly at first glance you would have thought the two guys where dancing together. As Miroku caressed her ear, jaw and neck with his lips and tongue, Inuyasha's hands caressed her hips, thighs and belly, his long white hair concealed his hands perfectly.

Kagome was lost in a sea of sensation. Their bodies never loosing the beat of the music as it thrummed through their senses. Hips rocking to the beat, Kagome barely felt Inuyasha's knee sliding between her legs, spreading them. They began to dance lower, Kagome riding Inuyasha's leg as Miroku's hands supported her hips. Kagome lost all thought as she felt Inuyasha's hand slide up her inner thigh and brush against her panties. Her eyes flew open as she tensed and gasped is surprise. Miroku stopped his ear assault and met her eyes before lowering his mouth to hers and lightly caressing her lips with his. He kissed her gently at first before sucking on her lower lip, asking for entrance. When she moaned into his mouth, he took the opportunity to deepen the kiss, tasting her as his tongue began to reacquaint itself with hers.

Kagome was in heaven as her secret fantasy was coming true. Every encounter she had ever had with these two before, she had stopped before really starting to enjoy it. But not tonight, she was leaving in two weeks and this would be her last time to enjoy their attentions. She knew they would not go too far, and the anticipation of what they would do was driving her to greater heights of pleasure.

Inuyasha felt her relax into him and he once again caressed her inner thigh, feeling her small movements against his hands, the flexing of her muscles and knew he was building a maddening heat within her. He may not be a musical man, but he could play a woman's body meaner then Brian May could play a guitar.

A smirk played on his lips as he lowered his mouth to her ear again to whisper huskily to her. "Moan for us, Kagome, let us know how good it feels."

Kagome complied beautifully for them, moaning into Miroku's mouth as Inuyasha firmly slid his hand up her thigh, cupping her fully. Kagome inhaled deeply at the contact but kept her eyes closed and continued moving with the music.

She moaned again as Inuyasha began stroking her panties. The thrill of what they were doing and the fact that they were doing it on the dance floor was enough to make her positively dripping with her arousal. No romance novel on earth compared to this.

Her hands fisted Miroku's ivory shirt as Inuyasha slipped his fingers under her panties. As he began his ministrations, she could not maintain kissing Miroku. Dropping her head onto Miroku's chest, she whimpered and moaned as quietly as she could. Kagome tensed and relaxed and moaned and shuddered and let go of any shred of inhibitions like a wonton whore and forgot all about shame and propriety and the fact that her sisters boyfriend was damn near wrist deep into her and giving her the most erotic experience of her young life. No novel even compared to this.

Inuyasha breathed heavily into her ear, his own eagerness nearly his undoing. "Cum for me. Cum for me Kagome."

The sound of his voice sent her over the edge, clutching Miroku and cried out her release into his chest.

It took two more songs before she recovered enough to make it back to her date.

Sesshomaru noticed her blushing smile and could only wonder what it meant as he watched her eye the dancing foursome, fanning herself and sipping her drink. His silent presence often went unnoticed by others; he figured it was the same here with Kagome as well.

As if sensing his thoughts she turned to him, her blush deepening. She had forgotten he was there. Her little trip down memory lane had left her more then a little heated and she was a bit afraid to meet his eyes directly, least he read her thoughts and know instantly why she kept shifting all over her seat.

Kagome was wondering just how to break into a conversation with the ever-silent Sesshomaru when a familiar voice called out her name. Sesshomaru and Kagome both looked toward the bar area and noticed a tall, tanned and muscular man with long brown hair waiving toward them.

"Koga." Kagome squeaked. "Oh Kami, not him."

She shot Sesshomaru a pleading glance and then back to Koga's approaching figure, he was dancing his way toward them through the crowd. Kagome looked back at Sesshomaru with pleading in her eyes. Sesshomaru cocked a silvery eyebrow at her and waited for her to make her obvious plea for help. He secretly hoped it involved having her sit on his lap. The flushed appearance of her skin was very appealing. The look a woman has after sex.

"Ummm, Sesshomaru, I know this is an untoward request," she glanced once again at Koga before continuing her plea, "but do you think you could pretend to be my date. Koga has a way of not taking no for an answer. Please, I'll owe you a huge favor."

Kagome hated to beg but desperation makes people do stupid things sometimes. Sesshomaru made no change in his facial features but Kagome could swear she saw amusement flicker in his eyes. She breathed an audible sigh of relief and hoped this would not end badly. She would hate to have such a nice place smashed up by another of Inuyasha and Koga's pissing matches.

Truth be told, Sesshomaru was very amused. He remembered all to well the trouble Inuyasha got into with their father on more than one occasion for fighting with Koga, usually because Koga would not leave Kagome alone. Koga had no problem declaring his affection for her, even if it was one sided.

Sesshomaru answered her pleas for assistance by slipping his arm across her back, his hand firmly on her hip as he pulled her to his side. Kagome released the breath she had not realized she was holding and settled as close to Sesshomaru as she could.

He should have felt guilty using her pleas for assistance as an excuse to touch her. He didn't. Blue-grey eyes met his gold ones and she mouthed the words 'Thank You.' Then he did something that really surprised her, He winked. Kagome looked at him in surprise before hiding a giggle as Koga reached the booth.

Koga. There was no denying he was handsome, but his personality left much to be desired. He just couldn't get past the fact that women were people too, not just a possession. But at times like this, looking as good as he was, it was easy to forget his rougher side. His hair was pulled up into a ponytail and still hung below his shoulders. He was wearing impossibly tight brown leather pants and a white silk shirt opened enough to reveal his well-chiseled tan chest. She also saw the fang he wore all through high school dangling on a thick braided gold chain.

"Kagome, babe, lookin' good tonight doll." He flashed his best smile before adding "Bout time you came back, was wondering how much longer it would take before a little Koga whiplash brought you back."

Kagome resisted the urge to roll her eyes on the spot; Sesshomaru just watched the spectacle that was Koga.

Kagome gave Koga a small smile as he slid into the booth and scooted closer to her. When they had been in school, he had been one of the most popular and envied guys in the whole place, first in everything he did and Captain of the soccer team. Kagome's cheerleading friends envied her for his interest in her. She barely stomached it.

"Hello, Koga. How are you?" She decided to ignore his earlier comment all together. Koga kept his attention on Kagome, ignoring Sesshomaru with effort. He couldn't miss the way Sesshomaru was draped so intimately over the girl of his dreams. It was even more difficult to ignore the way their similar outfits made them look like a couple, complementing each other well.

"Not to bad, can't complain or nothin'." Then he gave her another smirk before continuing. "Would be a whole lot better if you would dance with me." He had to at least try, right?

Kagome began stammering out an excuse, not wanting to go into any kind of details. Her strange behavior made Koga start looking at her suspiciously. He could see the tension all over her and he was beginning to think that Sesshomaru was the cause of it.

Sesshomaru saw the look and returned his own chilly stare right back at him. He never cared much for Koga; he was amusing to watch but to be in his presence for more than a moment was irksome to say the least.

Sesshomaru looked down to Kagome's face, taking in her delicate features. She wore very little make-up and what she did wear seemed to bring out her natural beauty. Without thinking about what he was doing, he reached his free arm under her knees and pulled her into his lap, which brought a small gasp from her as she quickly clung to his neck. He buried his nose in her hair and looked over her head to Koga with a look that clearly said 'GO AWAY.'

Koga was never one to take hints.

Kagome was struck speechless as she found herself in Sesshomaru's lap. She hadn't expected him to get that physical with her to maintain their ruse, but it was nice.
Sesshomaru felt her lean into him and smirked at Koga himself. "Sorry, Koga. Her dance card is full." Sesshomaru stated with a finality that left no room for discussion on the matter and Koga didn't know what to say. The silence was becoming uncomfortable.

Just as Koga was about to say something another figure approached the booth.

"Ayame." Kagome called out in surprise. Ayame was about to start talking to Koga when she heard her name and looked at Kagome in shocked surprise. A high-pitched scream left her mouth as she launched herself at Kagome, affectively pinning Sesshomaru to the seat under the weight of the two women. Ayame had been so excited to see her that she was completely oblivious to the fact that Kagome was sitting on Sesshomaru. She fired so many questions at her in such a short amount of time that Kagome felt dizzy. After the girls exchanged numbers and email addresses Ayame finally noticed where her friend had been perching.

"Sooooo...Kagome," she began, eyeing Sesshomaru. "I see you have attracted the attentions of yet another of the top ten." She said in barely concealed jealousy. The 'top ten' was a list of names of the most desirably scrumptious guys in the whole school.

Sesshomaru smirked and glanced at Koga who had crossed his arms across his chest and gave Ayame a look. Koga had come in fourth on the list. Sesshomaru, the unattainable one, had been first. The list had found its way into almost every girl's hands in the school and it became almost a contest to see who could date the most guys on the list.

Of course, Sesshomaru didn't get the title unattainable for nothing. He never dated a single girl through any of his terms. Rumors had begun to surface that maybe he preferred the guys over the gals, but that had been snuffed out by Inuyasha saying that Sesshomaru didn't care for young girls, that he preferred his women older, more refined. The proof of that was glaringly evident when at his senior year dance he showed up with a woman who had taste and refinement written all over her.

Kagura was not only wealthy and beautiful, but she was also married. Every girl in the place was dying of envy that night as everyone watched the two of them dancing, taking in Kagura's perfect form and dance moves. No one stopped to question why a married woman would have been caught dead at a high school dance, but considering who she was with, no one needed to ask.

Before Kagome could say anything, Ayame turned her attention back to Koga and remembered why she had come over to begin with.

"Koga, I have a birthday present for you." She looked at him with a lusty smile he couldn't resist, even in front of Kagome.

"Oh ya? What is it?" Knowing Ayame, it had to be something kinky and very fun.

"I'll show you, but we have to go back to my place to unwrap it." She gave him a lusty wink and found herself being carried out of the booth over Koga's shoulder.

Ayame waived bye and Kagome burst into a fit of giggles. She would have to call Ayame tomorrow and find out just how long those two had been carrying on with each other, she had chased him enough in school.

When she made eye contact with Sesshomaru again, she suddenly realized that she was still sitting on his lap. She gave him a sheepish smile and made to remove herself when he tightened his grip on her.

"Umm....Sesshomaru?" He looked down at her and smirked, he liked her sitting on his lap, and he intended to keep her there as long as he could. Before she could open her mouth to speak he lowered his mouth to her ear and softly spoke, "you're my date tonight, remember, Kagome?"

She blushed as flurries of butterflies were suddenly released in her stomach. The sound of her name coming from his lips was addicting to her. He had the sexiest voice of any man she had ever known and just hearing it made her crave more. Sesshomaru rarely spoke so when he did, he got attention, and right now, he had her whole attention. She didn't even realize their companions had returned, sweaty and smiling.

Inuyasha was the first to notice where Kagome was sitting. "You sure do work fast."

Kagome made a hasty retreat from Sesshomaru's lap and Sesshomaru gave Inuyasha a death glare, which of course was ignored by Inuyasha and the others. His glares seemed to only work on those outside of his brother little clique.

"Sesshomaru was only helping me with a problem, Inuyasha. It's not like that okay." She said it very quickly and began to drink her cherry soda with interest, keeping her head slightly down.

"Really?" Piped Sango, "And what kind of problem gets resolved by sitting on Sesshomaru's lap?" Sango and Kikyo were looking at each other with barely contained glee. After all, sisters and friends share everything!

Sesshomaru looked at Inuyasha and said the one thing he knew would wipe that smile off his smug little face. "Koga."

Yep, smile and smugness vanished. "That cocky bastard." Inuyasha was now pissed. "Did he touch you, Kagome? I'll beat his ass into the next level of hell if he did."

Kagome waived her hands at him in a placating manner. Wishing like hell that Sesshomaru had said anything else but that. The last thing they needed was for a well-liquored Inuyasha going on a hunt for Koga.

"No Inuyasha, it's fine. Sesshomaru helped me out. He agreed to act as if we were together to get Koga to leave. But Ayame showed up and they left together so no harm was done." She smiled at Inuyasha in a reassuring manner and he humphed before wrapping his arm around Kikyo's shoulders and pulling her close.

"He starts bothering you again you call me and I'll deal with it okay, Kagome?"

"Okay Inuyasha. Thanks"

Kagome looked up to Sesshomaru and then to the rest of the group before asking what the next plan of attack was for the night.

"We should go to Hiten's club!" Sango said excitedly. Hiten was another of the top ten, number two to be exact but he never held back in the dating area. He easily made up for Sesshomaru's lack of dates, probably The most dated guy in the whole school.

Everyone agreed that a change of scene would be a good thing. Finding Shippo and saying their goodbyes, Shippo securing his lunch date with Kagome and they were back in the Lexus and heading to 'Thunderlicious.'
Sign up to rate and review this story