Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A Reason to Dance

Chapter Four

by Tataru 0 reviews

Kagome's ex-boyfriend causes a career ending injury, sending her back to Japan. Can she heal her heart as well as her body?

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Miroku, Naraku, Sango, Sesshoumaru - Warnings: [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-08-21 - Updated: 2006-08-22 - 3555 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four

Drunkenness, as defined by wikipedia.org, in its most common usage, is the state of being intoxicated with alcohol to a sufficient degree to impair mental and motor functioning.

Kagome was exceptionally glad she waited in the car while Sesshomaru fetched the group. He was more then a little irritated that he had to go inside to get them and judging by the abrupt and forceful manner of Inuyasha's arrival, one could only say that the trip to the car was an unpleasant one.

The scent of stale cigarette smoke, alcohol, astro-glide and sex hit her harder then Mike Tyson in a domestic dispute.

Kagome tried to hold her breath but opted for the more long term solution and cracked a window. She wished like hell that Sesshomaru's nice SUV had been a convertible instead. Judging by the utter look of disgust on Sesshomaru's face, he must have felt the same.

And indeed, he did. One side of Sesshomaru's brain was coming up with ways to kill his pet-hemorrhoid brother and get away with it while the other was calculating the cost of getting his ride cleaned.

Apparently, this was of no concern to Inuyasha and his friends who were mistakenly using Sesshomaru's back seats like drunken teenagers on prom night.

The slurping, sucking, sloppy wet, nightmare going on in the back caused Kagome to hide her face in horrified embarrassment. She didn't want to look at Sesshomaru's angry profile again, or the way his hands clinched and unclenched on the wheel.

Kagome turned to look out her window, thanking Buddha for every mile that passed quickly, and that the rear windows were darkly tinted.

By the time Sesshomaru parked in front of the shrine steps, Kagome was already out of her seatbelt and diving for the escape hatch, i.e. door.

Sesshomaru jumped from the car and raced around just in enough time to barley catch her from hitting the ground. She said nothing as he carried her over to the curb and gently placed her on her feet. She was taking big gulps of fresh air and sniffing her hair and clothes, ascertaining if the stench was now clinging to her as well.

Kagome was too embarrassed to look up into Sesshomaru's face. If she was blushing before, she was positive she was beet red now. She gave a quiet 'Thank you' before turning and making her way up the steps, Sesshomaru's eyes on her back.

This was not how he wanted this night to end. He didn't want it to end at all in fact. A thump from inside the vehicle elicited a long-suffering sigh from Sesshomaru as he pinched the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger.

One last glance at the retreating figure of Kagome and he turned, opening the side doors to his now tainted vehicle and prepared to deal the Inuyasha's dumbfuckery. He rolled his eyes again as a drunken, half-dressed; Kikyo tumbled to the pavement in a fit of laughter. Her fall elicited further fits of laughter from the others and since no one else made a move to help her off the ground, Sesshomaru did. Getting an eyeful as he discovered that she wasn't wearing any panties. He did not even want to know.

He helped Kikyo stand up, not an easy task mind you as she was three, possibly seven sheets to the wind. He was wondering just how he was going to get her up the stairs and go assist Kagome when a surprisingly sober Sango took her friends arm and steadied her.

"Thanks, Sesshomaru. I'll take it from here." She tossed him a smile and rushed off with Kikyo who was moving surprising fast for someone as intoxicated as she was.

Watching them totter off, he turned his attention to the two idiots. He loathed leaving them alone for a moment in their current state, but his desire to end this night on a nice note with Kagome was too good to pass up. He clutched both of them by the throat and pulled them close. Their stench only served to anger him further and his usually stoic face twisted with a sneer.

The sudden movement had thankfully silenced them and they stared at him in quiet shock. However, his next comment did not leave them so.

"You do anything to my car and I will crawl up both your asses and beat my way out. Got it!" His threat must have sounded very funny to the both of them for as soon as they made eye contact with each other they snorted and dissolved into convulsive laughter.

Angered further that his threat was taken in so light a way, he slammed shut the door and strode off. Kagome was several steppes up by then but he caught up to her quickly.

Without warning, he scooped her up into the cradle of his arms. Clutching her close, he felt the warmth of her body through her thin shirt and judging by the pert nipples he spied through her shirt, she was a little chilled.

Kagome clutched Sesshomaru's strong neck and looked up into his eyes questioningly.

When he spoke, it was low, as if he only wanted her to hear. "I know this is an untoward request, but would you let me carry you?"

She giggled in spite of herself. "Well remembered." Hearing those words from his lips made her realize she watched one too many old romance films.

She gave her assent and he proceeded to follow the stumbling girls. He prayed to Buddha that he would not have to stop them from falling down the steps. However, Sango seemed very capable of stabilizing the both of them and keeping them moving upwards. He was not even three quarters the way up and they were almost to the top.

Kagome relished the feel of his arms around her, holding her tight. She rested one arm around his shoulders, clinging to his neck, while the other she rested on his chest. He was firm. Very firm. Did this man have an ounce of fat?

When they reached the top of the steps Kagome prepared for him to put her down, she was surprised when he held onto her. She gave him another questioning look and her only response was a smug grin. Well ½ brothers or not, they were more alike then they cared to admit. When they entered the house she was sure that he would put her down then, but oh no.

"Do you intend to carry me everywhere?" She asked, trying to sound annoyed. It didn't work; he knew she was enjoying this.

"Yes."

"Fine." She said haughtily, not bothering to keep up with the annoyed act but taking a different approach to their playfulness.

"Well if you're going to carry me you might as well take me into the kitchen, I need my ice packs." She directed him where to go and he held her as she retrieved her seed bags from the freezer. She gave him directions to her room and he carried her up the steps. He already knew which room was hers; he'd been in the house with his father before going over the layout.

One of his fathers companies had done extensive work on the buildings, from the house, to the well house, to the dojo. The dojo had been transformed into a dance area for Kagome when she turned 14. The floors were refinished and waxed, with mirrors and a workout bar installed along one wall.
When they reached her room, he set her down on the bed and kneeled in front of her, taking her shoes off. She watched him silently, her imagination working overtime. She wondered what that head of hair would look like trapped between her thighs. She let out a moan and then gasped when she realized that he heard it. Luckily, he mistook it for pain.

"Did I hurt you?" He was concerned that she had caused herself further injury by walking around so much tonight. Her sister did say she had surgery recently.

"No....just tender is all." Damn she needed to get herself under control already. With her shoes off, she stood up and grabbed her jammies out of her top drawer, blue cotton boy's shorts, and a pink tank top, and disappeared into her bathroom, leaving the door cracked enough she could still talk to him.

"Thanks again for helping me out with Koga earlier. I really do appreciate it. I still owe you a big favor."

Sesshomaru quit liked the idea of her owing him a favor. He might be able to use that later. But for now, he needed to be a gentleman and make up for his un-gentlemanly behavior earlier. "Think nothing of it; I was glad to be of service."

"Sessho-kun, really now. You don't have to sound so formal all of a sudden."

She brushed her teeth and hair quickly. Noting with pleasure that her skin had not been permanently stained from this evening.

She had blushed so much that night it bordered on the ridiculous. For goodness sakes, she wasn't some never-been-kissed teenager or something. There was just something about him that set her giddiness factor to 10. She was determined to get that kiss she missed out on earlier.

Checking out her cuteness factor in the mirror and satisfied that she was indeed kissable looking, she made her way back into the room. There he stood in all his glory. There was not a wrinkle on his clothes or a hair out of place. He was checking out her room and for once, she was thankful that she had at least been tidier then usual as of late.

He turned towards her as she entered the room and smirked as he read the shirt. Naughty.

Smiling sweetly she moved towards the bed, a shot of pain ripped through her ankle and she gasped, collapsing to the floor clutching her leg. Sesshomaru was at her side in a second. He could tell she hurt terribly, her eyes where clinched tight and a tear started rolling down her cheek.

She could not help the tears, the pain was starting to throb steadily now. She was aware of Sesshomaru's presence beside her. She opened her eyes and met his honey gold ones. She wrapped an arm around his neck and asked shakily for him to put her in the bed. He did as she asked and laid her gently down, helping her prop her leg up on the cushions she had obviously been using just for that purpose. He packed her ankle in the ice packs as she directed, making sure she was comfortable.

Kikyo poked her head in the door, her hair was messed up and her clothes looked like she had just climbed into them, they were wrinkled everywhere. Sesshomaru didn't want to know what they had been doing back at the club.

"You okay?" She looked at her sister with concern, beginning to sober up slowly. She was worried that she had pushed her to hard to come out with them tonight, maybe it was too soon.

"Ya, I just got a pain in my leg, I'm fine." She wanted to reassure her sister, her whole family had not given her breathing space since she got back home. She knew they were concerned but damn.

"You need your meds?" Kikyo knew her mom had placed a fresh bottle in Kagome's medicine cabinet when she got back from the store that afternoon. Kagome had been asleep at the time. "Mom put a fresh bottle in your bathroom."

"Yes, please." Finally, she had been without the painkillers last night and it was awful. Sesshomaru helped her sit up while her sister retrieved the medicine and some water. She downed it gratefully. Kikyo gave her a quick kiss, hug, and disappeared out the door.

"Will you be alright?"

"I'll be fine. Those pills will put me to sleep in no time." She gave his hand a reassuring squeeze before laying it back down on her stomach. She really had enjoyed his company tonight. He made her feel so safe and protected.

"You have a cell phone?"

"Ya, on the dresser. Why?"

He did not answer her, but retrieved her phone and programmed his cell number into it. Doing the same with her number into his. She looked at him quizzically, thinking this was an odd way to get her number, just grab her cell phone.

"Keep it close to you so in case you need anything you can call me okay." His voice was low and soft. She could listen to him talk all day. She blushed when he handed her the phone. "I mean it. You need something, call me. I'll be right here."

"Thanks Sessho-kun." He smiled at the endearment. Not even his own mother had given him a pet name before. No one had ever dared. Picking up her hand that rested against her stomach, he kissed her knuckles and gave her fingers a gentle squeeze before releasing her.

"Goodnight, Kagome" He put his best sultry voice to work for that one. It had the desired effect as he saw the shudder.

She could barely whisper goodnight back to him. The blush in her cheeks threatening to burn her whole body. She had not felt like this ever. She was going to have some wicked dreams tonight, especially with a narcotic floating in her system making things more vivid.

Her eyes began to feel heavy as the drugs hit her system. The caffeine she had earlier was certainly speeding things along.

Stealing one last look at sleeping beauty, he turned off the lights and closed her bedroom door.

oOo


The black haired man straddled his 2004 Valkyrie Rune, lazily drawing on a menthol cool. He had gone unnoticed by the group as they left the club. He flipped out his notebook, making additional comments about her companions. His instructions were simple. Find her and watch her. Discover everything that is going on in her life. Family. Friends. Where she shops. Hours she keeps. Everything. He had followed her from America, been on the same plane with her even. It was not hard. This girl seemed to have a friendly enough disposition that she did not automatically treat a kind stranger with fear and reserve. It was almost too easy to get close to her.


The cocky white haired one with his arm draped over the copy of his target he knew to be the sister's boyfriend. He also recognized the dark haired man and his date. However, the tall one, this one he did not know, nor had there ever been mention of him. It was obvious that he was a relation to her sister's boyfriend, those types of similarities were too coincidental for them not to be. He would have to do some digging to find out this ones game.

He withdrew a digital camera and silently snapped off a few pictures of her and her friends. One picture in particular he knew would interest his boss. He would email them later.

He tossed his half-finished cigarette away and started his bike. He pulled in behind the Lexus and followed at a safe distance. With the heavy traffic, it was not difficult. Twenty minutes later, they pulled into a club he knew all to well. Thunderlicious.

Interesting. Maybe the sparkling little beauty does indeed have a darker side. She would have to be get mixed up with the likes of his employer. He grinned to himself as he dismounted the bike. He could follow her in here. Here, he was no stranger. To most who visited, Thunderlicious was just another dance club with a dark theme. It hosted a wax works museum along the inner walls of the club. Not just your average wax works with life like pieces of Mel Gibson or Darth Vader. These where of the Marque de sade. The Spanish inquisition. Freaks of nature and oddities.

He made his way to the entrance before them and quickly made his way to the bar. He wanted to observe them closely, maybe discover the relationship with this new one. Get a name at least.

He watched the little group greet the owner, Hiten. He had made this man's acquaintance through his boss. The man had dangerous connections. They were led to the black doors off the side of the bar. Easily hidden with everything painted black. The group disappeared and he nursed his drink.

People could spend hours down there in the dungeons. He had himself. He was surprised when his target reappeared a short time later closely followed by the tall one. They made their way to a booth overlooking the dance floor and he took the opportunity to move closer.

He sat at in the adjacent booth and made to appear he was watching the dancing below. He could hear some of the conversation. He got a name at least. "Sesshomaru."

Old name, and judging by his vehicle and clothing, and the fact he was not much older than the girl himself was, must come from wealth, a prominent family. He had not thought along those lines with Inu Yasha.

Inuyasha seemed like a punk out for fun, much like he had been at that age, without care or consequence. His boss may have use for that kind of information, especially if his boss's 'little one' was getting attached. He made mental notes on all this. Not wanting to be too conspicuous with writing things down in the middle of a club.

They had been talking for a while about nothing in particular it seemed. His interest was peaked when Sesshomaru asked her about her plans in Tokyo.

Sooo....she wants to teach. Interesting. Another mental note. He looked at his watch, Midnight. He flicked a casual glance at the pair and noticed Sesshomaru on his cell phone. After a quick conversation, the pair left without their companions. He followed once again.

After leaving the club, they had gone to coffee shop. One of the few that stayed open all night, before driving up to a well-known make-out spot. He couldn't follow them up there, way to conspicuous so he headed back to the club.

He waited in the club and just for fun, decided to see what the sister was up too. If there was a hotter chick on the planet, he hadn't found one yet. Deep in the dungeon he found them grouped together, the sister tied to a wall and being tortured with a feather. The appeal of this place to so many was that it was a draw not only for participants but for spectators as well. It was a place of sexual fantasy and gratification. In addition, if you were alone, one could organize some company easily.

He kept to the shadows and watched as the sister's companions laughed and teased her naked body with the feathers. Both men alternating kissing the other as she teased her tied friend.

It was not long before they tired of the feathers and disappeared into a room with a bed in it. There, of course, he could not follow but he waited in one of the many shadows of the room, for them to come out.

A strong hand grabbed his crotch and he jumped. Thinking he had been grabbed by a man he whirled around to face his molester only to be pleasantly surprised by a lovely woman pleasuring herself in the dark as she watched several of the others. There was sex everywhere you looked. Her inviting eyes locked with his and he accepted her invitation. What better way to pass the time.

It was some time later that he found his way back into the club. Greatly amused at the spectacle the group was making. Inuyasha could scarcely walk and his brother was dragging him along by the hair, much to the amusement of everyone else.

He followed them back to the shrine. This street was not heavily traveled so he had to kill the bike and walk over to a wooded area across from the shrine steps. He had used this spot before on prior occasions. No light made it difficult to see anyone in the dark. He took a few more pictures as Sesshomaru carried the young girl up the steps.

When the elder brother showed up and drove off, he made his way back to his own ride. It was time to make his report to his boss. Not caring if anyone heard, he tore down the shrine street and entered the highway, hading back to his hotel room.

As he entered the small room, he started his computer. He grabbed a beer as he waited for it to complete its startup process. He took a long drink from the long neck and plugged his camera into the outlet. He pulled up his email and typed out all the information he had gathered. Attached the photos to the file and sent it. He would get a call shortly with further instructions. He always did.

Within five minutes the call came. Without bothering to look at the caller id on his cell phone, he answered.

"Yes, Naraku?"
Sign up to rate and review this story