Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Blown Mission

pt 1

by Renosgirl 0 reviews

Sometimes things go wrong.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Reno, Rude - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2006-08-20 - Updated: 2006-08-20 - 8549 words

0Unrated
Reno paced the briefing room while Tseng ran his mouth about their current mission, emr taping a nervous rythm on his shoulder. He always got like this before a mission, full of nervous energy, he peered over at Rude, who still wore his shades as he always did, but he always was able to read his partner's expressions even through them, it was a gift he had.

Rude gave a mental sigh as he stood completely still, listening to Tseng's briefing. Seemed there was another riot ready to break out from the protesters of ShinRa's Mako project. There seemed to be more and more of those breaking out, but Rude really didn't care about the cause. As long as there were opponents of ShinRa, he still had a job.

However, with a glance over to his partner, he cleared his throat loudly to get Tseng's attention. Reno looked like he was ready to up and go while Tseng still spoke.

"I think this one will be just like last week's incident, sir," he said, tone indicating that both he and Reno knew how to handle this.


"Yeah, bust a few kneecaps and get the Hell out as unscathed as possible." He gave his cheeky grin, the one that always drove his partner absolutely batshit when they were alone.

Rude waited for it... and there it was. Tseng's exhasperated sigh and the hand motion indicating that they were dismissed. With a nod, Rude turned to leave, reaching out and grabbing Reno's elbow before he could say anything that would intensify the headache Rude knew Tseng had. Tseng always seemed to have a headache when Reno was involved in a mission.

"Let's go," he said, tone low and he pulled lightly on Reno's elbow while he walked towards the door.

Reno nods, taking off after him. He enjoyed twitting Tseng, mostly because the man was just so severe."You'd think his face would break if he smiled" was one of his favorite phrases in regard to Tseng...his own hand trailed from his shoulder down to Rude's back as soon as he was sure they were completely out of sight. Despite the fact that their being "together" was pretty much common knowledge, he was still VERY careful about what kind of contact he had with his partner where it could be seen. Then after the lightest of touches he drew his hand away, all business.

Face not turning to see his partner at the touch to his back, Rude smiled. For all the headaches and extra paperwork -- mostly extra paperwork -- Reno could cause, it was moments like that which seemed to make it all worth it. Not that he regretted submitting to the redhead's advances... Not that it was so much submitting as it was acknowledging them for what they were... Bah, nevermind. That train of thought would get him nowhere, especially with a "crowd control" mission ahead of them. "The place we're headed is right up the street. No need for the helicopter," he said, finally turning to look at the man walking next to him. "I'm driving," he added, hoping that for once, he would win the coming arguement.

Reno chuckles. Of course Rude would say that. Last time he had driven it had led to more paperwork. ..as well as a concussion for him and a sprained wrist for Rude. The accident had been MESSY to say the least, so Reno merely tossed him the keys and climbed into the passenger side, long, lanky legs crossing, the emr tapping across them in that same nervouse rythm. Despite his bravado. ..something felt OFF about the whole situation.

He... gave up the keys without an arguement? Wow. Rude was shocked, but only smiled slightly to show anything. Perhaps that concussion had never healed? Or maybe Reno felt bad about the wrist? Maybe both? Or maybe -- probably, Rude thought -- he was just being Reno. Rude mentally shrugged, sliding the driver's seat back before climbing into the sleek black car. ShinRa always supplied its employees with the best money could buy. It was good to be a Turk. "How bad do you think it is?" he asked, leaving the parking garage and pulling onto the street. It would take less than 10 minutes to get to the site of the protest, but Rude still wanted to know what his partner thought of it.

Reno shook his head, still feeling something a bit off. "I got a wierd feellin' about this partner. .. you know like I had before the plate. . .somethin's gonna go wrong."

Rude decided it best not to mention that Reno said that every time there was something they were sent to fix. However, this time, he had said it with a little more conviction behind it, which made Rude decide to keep an extra close eye on his partner.He parked the car a block away from the protest in a handicapped spot, placing a card on the windsheild that only said "TURKS" on it. Not that he couldn't get out of a parking ticket, but he just wanted to do things as by the book as possible this time, especially with Reno's feeling.He closed the car door, pulling on his pair of black leather gloves and making sure his extra pair of sunglasses were in his pocket. "Ready?" he asked.

Reno tapped his emr on his shoulder and gave a firm nod. ..before taking out his bullhorn and yelling into the crowd. "Allright, allright, break it up. .. I got no problems breakin' it up myself, but it'd be a lot better for all ya'll if you just cleared outta here on your own." He strode into the crowd, who looked a bit restless, after all this was a TURK that was basically giving them the order to move out, and a Turk was a force to be reckoned with, even this scrawny kid. ..hell ESPECIALLY this scrawny kid. But from the back of the crowd gleamed two sets of intensely blue eyes that gleamed with a bright inner fire.

Rude walked a few steps behind Reno, pausing occassionally to gently push people out of the way and mutter, "Pack it up," or "Go home." A handful of teenagers -- possibly liberal-minded, tree-hugging college kids -- glared at him definantly. Rude just cracked his knuckles loudly and they too joined the slowly scattering crowd. Seemed Reno's original feeling was wrong about this one. Oh well. Wouldn't be the first time, wouldn't be the last. At least they managed to get out of the office for an hour.


Suddenly as Reno ducked into the last crowd of kids he disappeared in a tangle of thrashing limbs, his emr popping out every once in a while, the group was led by the two mako-eyed kids who'd been in the back of the crowd. . .a bunch of bodies flew back under the barage of blows from the weapon, but the last two simply would not fall. ..one of them had him pinned down with a god-awful strength that only one who'd been in SOLDIER could posess while the other was literally beating the HELL out of him. .. he didn't cry out though, much to his credit, only let out soft grunts each time his head impacted with the concrete at each blow to his face.

Rude looked around, but couldn't find his partner's telltale flash of red hair. His eyes widened behind his sunglasses as he spun around, looking for any sign of Reno. There. Deep into the retreating crowd, a group of people stood in a circle. There was something going on in there... something that probably involved Reno.

Rude pushed his way past people, shouting "Move!" at them when they weren't getting out of his way fast enough.

Another tell-tale flash of emr, the one holding him grunted,his grip letting loose just enough for Reno to wave his hand from the circle. ..he was woozy as Hell after having his head battered into the pavement a good dozen times, and his mouth and nose oozed blood, but he had given as good as he got until he ran into two that he simply couldn't beat. Then he was battered down by the fists again, the second more beefy one damn near knocking him out, but not quite.

There. Reno was in there, and in there was trouble. Rude didn't even have a moment to think about how trouble followed Reno around like a bad stink -- not that the redhead smelled bad. He pushed into the circle, eyes homing in on the one that currently had Reno held down. With a low growl, Rude ran at him, tackling him off his partner and rolling the two of them into the wall of feet and legs at the edge of the circle.

"You want to fuck with a Turk," he growled, manuevering until he sat atop one of Reno's attackers, fist connecting with the guy's cheekbone. "You fuck with me."

The other one who had just knocked the Turk sensless sneered at Rude. "So. ..the Seme comes to rescue his Uke, does he? Such a shame someone so pretty has to be working for a dog like Shinra."

There were two of them. He could handle two of them. Rude picked the guy he was sitting on up by his shoulders, slamming him into the pavement, intending him to stay there while he dealt with his accomplice.

"Touch him again," Rude ground out between clenched teeth, "and I will fist-fuck you dry before I tear your eyes out through your asshole."

Rude took two steps forward before falling back into a fighting stance, giving the guy a chance to chose whether he wanted to run away and possibly live, or stay there and definitly die, slowly and painfully.

The guy smirked again, dropping into a fighting stance, he was a bruiser, damn near as tall as Rude, even if not quite so bulky. "Do you know how good it felt to beat that little queer into the pavement? I seen him around, oh yes I have. ..he'd be one sweet piece if he weren't one o' the Pres's lapdogs. Hell, it be almost as sweet as puttin' it to that barkeep frienda his."

Okay. That was it. Rude was a patient man, who really, honestly and truly believed in the inherent goodness and lawfulness of humankind... but this guy deserved what he got. Rude stepped forward, fist flashing out and connecting with the guy's cheekbone.

The guy flew back a good several feet, damn could that Turk punch, but he got back up, fist meeting with Rude's jaw, he was now good and thoroughly pissed off.

Rude's head snapped backwards with the guy's punch. his vision blurring for a moment, but he just growled, blocking the next hit with his forearms before returning blows.

"I gave," he punched the guy in the stomach. "You the chance," another punch. "To leave," another. "But you," and another. "Must be," yet another punch. "Too stupid!" His last punch connected with the guy's jawbone, and Rude felt a satisfying give. Whether the guy's jaw was broken or just dislocated, at least he wouldn't be talking shit as easily anymore.

He landed on his back, that last punch had not only busted his jaw, but had left his ears ringing to the point that all he wanted was to sink into blessed darkness.

Rude dropped to his knees beside Reno, turning the redhead's face towards him. He would have one hell of a headache in the morning, if not another concussion, along with a few more scars and a lot of bruises.

"Are you okay?" he asked, certain that if Reno didn't have a snappy comeback, he was most definitly not okay.

Reno just nods, but he bites his bottom lip in the telltale way that says he was in a fair amount of pain. ..it was the look he'd worn in the chopper after the plate fell when he'd been blooded fairly bad by Strife during the confrontation. then he lets slip a soft curse. His head was pounding, his eyes opening and closing in a slow rythm that told of his efforts to stay awake because his training had drilled into him that falling asleep with a possible head injury was a dumb thing to do.

Okay, Reno was definitely not okay. Rude held up three fingers, asking Reno to tell him how many there were as he pulled his phone from inside his jacket. Reno needed to go to the hospital, whether he wanted to or not.

"Three yo. . .and if you're callin' the emt's hang that fucker up right now. ..I just wanna go back home with you."

Rude was torn for a brief moment. On one hand, he wanted to respect Reno's wishes; the redhead would know if he really needed medical attention. However, Reno was notorious for not wanting medical attention even when he really needed it.

With a nod to his partner, he waited for someone to pick up the other line.

Frowning when the line rang five times, he flipped his phone shut and stood. Looks like he'd have to do this himself.

"Be right back," he told Reno.

Reno nodded. .. his eyes on the verge of drifiting closed again but he literally FORCED them open. He knew he should really get seen to, but he HATED hospitals. ..ever since the plate he'd hated them with a PASSION, and this time was no exception. He simply wanted to curl up in his partner's arms and forget this day had happened. he muttered. "Hate when I'm right, yo. .."

Glancing once down at his partner, Rude stepped over to the two guys laying on the ground, groaning loudly. The first one, which he knocked off Reno, looked at him as Rude stomped down hard on the man's hand, hearing the satisfying crunch of bones being shattered. As that one screamed, he went over to the other one and did the same action on that man's other hand.

"There," he said, "Now you queers match."

He turned from them, stooping down to pick up Reno, holding him as if he were a blushing bride instead of an injured partner.

Reno's eyes finally did drift closed as Rude held him. ..he simply didn't have the energy to hold them open anymore, and he felt safe there. . .he dimly heard one of the two soldiers shout another sexually oriented epithet their way to which he opened his eyes a moment and in somewhat shaky but still audible voice said. "An' so the FUCK what if we are? We ain't harmin' no one else by it, and it helps us work better as a team. You got a problem with what someone else does on their off time, then maybe you need ta get a fuckin' life."

Rude just shook his head at Reno's shout, jostling the smaller man in his arms a little to get him to keep his eyes open. He made it all the way to the car without any problems, but when it came to opening the back door, he was having a little issue doing it without jostling Reno too much.

"Sorry," he muttered, finally getting the door open and laying Reno on the back seat. "Stay there. We're going for a ride."

Reno nodded, but gods it was hard staying awake. "Hate those fuckers. ..really hate them. Told you somethin' was off. ..hate it when I'm right."

Rude didn't answer him, just nodded as he drove towards the hospital. Good thing his condo was only a couple blocks away from the hospital, otherwise he'd already have a headache from Reno yelling in the car... again. "Keep your eyes open," he said quietly, "Talk to me, Reno."

Reno didn't answer for a scary few moments before mumbling. "I love you so much. ..thanks for saving my ass. ..yet again." It was only either in very vulnerable moments like these or in the dark of their private condo after work that he actually said it, but when he said it, he meant it each and every time. "Doin' mah level best, but it ain't easy."

He glanced over his sunglasses into the rearview mirror when Reno didn't answer, but when he heard the sentiment, he smiled. It was a genuine smile, one that only Reno seemed to pull out of him most times. He would have started into the usual speech on how Reno needed to be more careful, that he wasn't as invincible as he thought, but Rude decided to leave that to Tseng.

They had just passed their condo, and Rude glanced back at Reno again, bracing himself for the verbal onslaught.

Reno simply didn't have the energy for the usual barage but he still had to say something. "Shit. ..you were serious, huh? FUCK! You know how I feel about that place." It was token protest at best, he knew he had to say something, keep the brave face up, or Rude would really worry. Last thing he wanted was to worry his partner, one of them had to keep strong. Rude hadn't exactly fallen APART after Sector 7, it would practically take Reno dying for that to happen, but to say he hadn't been himself until they'd been sure Reno was going to fully recover was not overstating things.

"If they admit you, I'll stay with you," Rude said softly.

He pulled up to the emergency room doors, parking the car illegally (again) as he stepped out. He opened the back door, carefully lifting Reno out and carrying him into the emergency room's waiting room.

When the nurses saw him, they scuttled about, bringing out a wheelchair for Rude to place the redhead in and handing Reno a clipboard full of paperwork to fill out while they sent for a doctor.

Reno simply shook his head, his handwriting at the best of times was chickenscratch, something one could blame on an 8th grade slum education, but now HE couldn't even read his own handwriting. "Hope they can read it, partner." Then he cracks a weak smile, one that would reassure some, he was going to bounce back. But then again he always did. Nothing kept him down for long. The man was like a cockroach, despite being so tiny he was damn hard to kill.

Rude smiled, knowing that the best way to get past all of this hubbub. He reached into Reno's inside jacket pocket, pulling out his ShinRa ID card. Reaching into his own pocket and removing his, he placed them both on the clipboard and handed it back to the nurse. He watched as the woman made an "O" with her mouth, rushing back behind the nurse's station and picking up the phone. He didn't bother listening to her conversation, but he knew an excellent doctor would show up in a matter of minutes. It was good to be a Turk.

Reno finally could stay awake no longer, he was utterly exhausted, and the darkness beckoned. ..but at least here, as much as he hated it, it was safe to finally do so. .. besides, he'd rather sleep through the tests anyway. Last time they had put him in one of the mri machines had been. ...less than pleasent for all involved. Rude was really the only one who knew he had a bit of claustrophobia, which also explained his battle style. ..move in, get what hits you can, move out, never grappling too close with the enemy for long. It never seemed to affect his job performance, though. He was quick enough on his feet for it not to.

Rude's heart stopped for a moment when Reno closed his eyes, but the doctor that mysteriously appeared behind him place his fingers to Reno's neck and nodded at the taller man.

"We'll take good care of him," the doctor said as he wheeled Reno down the hallway.

Rude sat as patiently as he could in the waiting room, trying to avoid the eyes of the other people in there. He hated waiting rooms almost as much as Reno hated hospitals.

Elena appeared behind the big man, a call from he hospital had evidently been made that had summoned her and Tseng. "Tseng's out in the car, I'm about to tell him just to go. ..I'm not leaving here. As much as the shrimp drives me nuts at times. ..He's still a fellow Turk, and Turks look out for each other, right?"

Rude just looked up at her and smiled. "Thanks."

He watched her walk back towards the doors, but before she left, he called out, "Tell Tseng I don't think I'm going to make it in tomorrow."

Elena just smiled knowingly. "Figured as much. You never take a day off anyway." With that, she turned and walked out the door.

Rude smiled genuinely at her back. She knew him too well, it seemed. Girl makes a fine Turk, he thought, leaning back in his chair and staring at what had to be abstract art hanging on the opposite wall of the room.

Finally a doctor comes out, bearing the news. "No skull fracture this time, but a pretty severe concussion, as well as a broken nose and several broken ribs. He's going to be here a while. .. he's just come up from the mri room, and been settled into his own if you'd like to come back sir."

"Thanks," he said, stopping at the nurse's station to have them let Elena know where he was before following the doctor to Reno's private suite. Oh yes. It was good to be a Turk.

"Reno," he said his partner's name, tone even as he walked to stand next to the bed. The redhead's eyes were closed, and he wasn't sure if Reno was awake or asleep.

Reno mumbled something about choclate chip cookies, then slowly opened his eyes, he was still REALLY dizzy, and the meds they had him on didn't help in that department. He knew as soon as they wore off he'd be sore as fuck, though, and it wasn't something he looked forward to at all. "Hey, partner. Let me guess. ..I got a vacation how I didn't want to again."

"A week's worth," Elena said from the doorway with a smile.

Rude looked at the girl, then shook his head. Even though Elena was the youngest of them, she still seemed to play mother hen. But with Turks like Reno, maybe they all needed someone to step in as den mother...? Rude shook his head again, smiling slightly.

"So, are you going to live?" she asked Reno. "Because if you are, I need to get back to work. You two being off means I don't get a day off until you get back. And if you plan on dying in here, at least let me get you back for the rubber cochroach in my shoe last week."

Reno groans. "Not gonna, but sure as shit gonna feel like I wanna once the morphine wears off. ..Figures we'd run into a couplea ex-SOLDIERS who are fuckin' bigots, yo. Probably why they ain't no more."


Elena stepped over and patted Reno's hand. "Then I'll see you next week." She turned towards Rude. "Take care of him."

Rude nodded as Elena walked out the door, then turned back to his injured partner.

"Did they tell you how long you have to stay here?" he asked.

Reno nods. "Yeah. ..10 stinkin' days, yo. ..they wanna make sure there was no damage from all those shots to the head other than the concussion. Not that it'd make much never mind. I'm already nuts, yo, how much more damage can you do?"

Rude pulled a chair up closer to the bed so he could sit by Reno. Reaching out, he took Reno's hand that didn't have the IV in it and squeezed gently. He looked Reno over, eyes pausing at each bruise, laceration and skin discolouration.

"They got you on morphine?" he asked, remembering that Reno had mentioned it to Elena a minute ago. "Are you on a drip or was it a one-time shot?"

Rude knew his partner had an addictive personality, and the last thing he needed was Reno getting addicted to painkillers, morphine especially.

Reno pointed up to the iv line. "Iv push, yo, just a single shot, but when the shit wears off I'm gonna be hurtin' like a bitch. ..apparantly they got it on record from where I was in here for that OD last year, so they're bein' pretty cautious."

Ah yes. Last year's OD. Rude purposefully tried not to think about that. He looked over at the door, noticing that he could see the nurse's station on this floor clearly from where he was sitting. Which meant they could clearly see Reno and him. Rude squeezed Reno's hand again before going over to the door and pushing it shut.

"It's probably for the best," Rude replied as he walked back from the door. "But aren't they going to give you something else to dull the pain later?"

Reno shrugs. "Probab'ly the oral shit. ..like I said, they're bein' cautious. Tseng ripped ME a new one for bein' so stupid as to go loony on the shit, and THEM a new one for providin' it. Not that I gave 'em much of a choice. .yeah, I was pretty stupid." The OD had been during one of the rougher periods in his life when he hadn't been sure where he stood with Rude, and due to his generous consumpion both of alcohol and illicit substances his standing with the company had been in question too. If there was one thing he required, it was being secure. It wasn't something stated, Hell no, Reno never admitted to feeling insecure, it was something one had to know him well to know.


"Was," Rude repeated, standing up to lean over Reno. He smiled, face inches from his partner's. "Still are, sometimes." He closed the distance between their lips, kissing Reno gently. He knew it was neither the place nor the time, but the thought that he could have lost Reno to those two idiots and their stupid ideas on right and wrong... Okay, so maybe Rude was just as insecure as Reno was. He just chose to hide it differently. Maybe that's why they got along so well. Or, as he felt Reno's tongue push into his mouth, that could have been why they got along so well.

Reno's eyes fluttered closed, but this time with cheeks pinkening in arousal. ..that telltale flush from those times he was able to be alone with Rude. ..the soft growling purr that only HE heard. . .NO ONE, even during his time as one of Corneo's prostitutes before becoming a Turk, had ever elicited that sound from him but his partner, it echoed up from deep in his belly up through his throat, vibrating the flesh there. Though it was swallowed by Rude's questing mouth it was still there.

Rude caressed Reno's tongue with his own, worries about Reno's health melting away as he felt his pants tightening. While he wouldn't be able to do anything about his reaction to Reno's lips and tongue, what with Reno's condition and all, it still didn't stop him from trying to figure out the mechanics of hospital sex.

Reno rolled over on his side in an inviting manner, indicating the drawer that always held a bottle of lotion there. Reno was one who literally CROONED during sex. ..again a sound only Rude heard. Rude claimed those small moans and croons as his own, and the lissome redhead wouldn't have it any other way. Rude was the first person he could truly say he loved enough to stay faithful to.

Rude shook his head. "You're hurt. I don't want to hurt you more." Before the protest he knew Reno would give left the redhead's lips, Rude continued. "No sex until you're off the pain meds."
He pushed Reno until the redhead was laying on his back again, other hand reaching in an grabbing the lotion from the drawer to set it on the small table next to the bed.

Reno nodded, those his eyes had that hooded look of disappointed need to them. ..he hated this feeling of being less than fully alive, another reason he hated getting injured so much. "Jus' hold me then?" It was as close as he would come to the admission that he hated being alone in this place, hated the way bad luck seemed to follow him everywhere like Death's Shadow.He was supposed to be busting heads. ..when he was on a mission was the only other time aside from in bed with his partner that he truly felt alive.

Rude also gave a nod, then bent down to untie and take off his shoes. He grabbed the blanket from the back of the chair he had been sitting in, draping it over Reno. He knew first hand how cold those hospital gowns could get. He then took off his jacket, draping it over the now empty back of the chair before undoing his tie. The tie went on the jacket, then Rude climbed carefully onto the bed with Reno. He looked at the redhead, eyes asking if Reno was all right.

Reno nods, then sighs and coos, backing into the warmth the larger man provided. .. "I could lay like this forever, yo."

"No you couldn't," Rude said gently, smiling into Reno's hair. "As soon as you had to take a piss you'd jump up." Rude tried to get comfortable, but there was still a Reno-caused problem in his pants.

Reno has to supress a chuckle. ..and can't resist wiggling just the tiniest bit. ..he was and always had been an awful tease, the fact that when the painkillers wore off his head was going to pound like a bitch didn't change that. ..Nor did the broken ribs, though they did slow things down a bit, especially when he moved a little too fast and it shifted even with the wrappings. "Aw fuck, OW!" But he sucked in a breath and then wiggled a little more, another soft chuckle rising up.

Reno was not helping the situation at all. Rude sighed, the beginning of it sounding like a sigh of exhasperation, while the ending sounded more like a sigh of contentment. "I won't change my mind," he whispered in Reno's ear, hand snaking around to rub gentle circles on the redhead's stomach.

Reno lets out a soft mewling sound. . .Rude knew all the spots he loved touched. ..his hair falling loose of the ponytail holder as it snapped, during the fight it had been pretty severely stretched anyway, it fell around his head like a soft red curtain.

Rude tried not to complain about the mass of hair that suddenly assaulted his breathing passages while he stopped rubbing Reno's stomach to push the strands away from his face. His hand quickly went back to rubbing Reno's stomach, occassionally dropping to rub at the redhead's thighs, but not too close to where Rude knew Reno really wanted his hand to be. Served the tease right, anyway.

Reno groans. "Stop teasin' me, yo. ..that's MY department. ..God, I feel like I'm gonna bust outta this damn thing."

Rude lifted his head, noticing the way the hospital gown was tenting, and chuckled. "Having a problem?" he asked, voice low and rumbling in his chest.

Reno growls. "Oh, you are so gonna get it when I get outta here."

"I can't wait," Rude said, leaning his head forward to touch his tongue to the tip of Reno's ear as his hand barely brushed his partner's arousal before going back to his stomach.

Reno literally SHUDDERED...and then whispers. "Not gonna hafta piss anytime soon, they got me hooked up to a foley which just makes the shit worse, yo. . ."

"Do you want me to stop?" Rude asked, breath ghosting over Reno's ear and gently moving the stray hairs that managed to fall over his ears. He pressed his body against Reno's back, letting the redhead feel just how turned on he really was.

Reno shakes his head "fuck no. ..gah. ..damn tube always gets me all hot and fuckin' bothered, yo."

Rude shook his head and laughed to himself. In the many years they'd been together, Reno's kinks never ceased to surprise him. Rude, personally, found the idea more painful and irritating than arousing, but hey, to each his own. And to Reno? Rude reached down, fingers touching the ends of the hospital gown before slowly sliding up the redhead's thighs to finally cup Reno's testicles.

Reno arches back into his hand. ..shutting out the thoughts of how close it had really been. ..no one knew but him, and he was the only one he had intent of knowing, though Rude probably did anyway, he was just GOOD that way. But it truly had been close, a few more blows to the head and he likely would not be here to feel this...being either dead from brain injury or too damaged to realize it, which made him as good as dead anyway. ..it was well known what "retirement" for a Turk meant, aside from a few VERY special circumstances, in most of those cases the ones involved had been too damaged to even REMEMBER the intel they were ordered to keep secret, much less breach security.

Rude slid his hand up to lightly encirle Reno's arousal. He squeezed experimentally a couple times, not exactly sure how to properly do that without jostling the tube too much. Before Reno, his sex life consisted of mostly vanilla things, with the occassional mild dominance play, but nothing like what he was sure Reno had done. Nothing at all.

Reno gasps and arched further into his touch. "Ngn. . .Rude. ..Gods.. ."Rude was right about that, Reno had done some EXCEEDINGLY kinky things in his time, with women and men both, but most of what he'd done he'd been PAID for and he had not felt especially safe doing. . .Rude on the other hand could do almost anything short of raping or killing him and he'd feel safe still. The inhibition against rape was part the natural hatred of people usurping his will and part something that had occured with a particularly nasty john that he at 14 at the time had not been equipped to defend himself against. And the guy had not only been fairly brutal with him, he hadn't PAID him either, which had pissed him off to no end. But like how close to dying he had come he put it out of his mind, his cheeks becoming deeper pink, and that flush spreading over his face as his breath became hitching gasps.

"Can you... with that...?" Rude asked. See? Total vanilla wafer. He paused for a moment, reaching back to grab the lotion from the table where he set it.

Reno is so flushed with arousal right now he doesn't CARE.He just wants...to feel like he's not in this damn place. . .he moans softly. "Gods. .yes. .."

Rude shuddered, Reno's voice doing things to him that nobody's else's ever could in a lifetime. He quickly covered his palm and fingers with the lotion, tossing it onto the bed before wrapping his hand back around Reno, his grip more confident and less worrysome than before. He slowly moves his hand first up, stopping only when he accidentally touches the tube coming from Reno, before sliding his hand back down.

Reno's form shuddered harder, his muscles growing so taut you'd think he would break, but GODS it felt great. ..His breath becoming even more labored, but with arousal. . . "Don't ever stop. ."

He kept that slow pace even with those delicious noises that fall from Reno's lips. In fact, Rude slowed his strokes even more, taking what must feel like forever to complete just one motion. Rude's tongue darted out, touching the redhead's earlobe before he captured the piece of flesh between his teeth. He stopped just long enough to whisper, "And what are you going to do for me?" Hips pressing against Reno with each word, showing the smaller man just how hot and bothered he was making Rude.

Reno gasps. "You're gonna find out soon enough..." Another hitching gasp echoed, followed by the soft rumble that started deep in his gut that signaled him coming close. That rumble would noromally build into either a rafter-shaking roar or an high-pitched, eldritch screech reminiscent of a woman in hard labor but he knew that wouldn't fly here so he buried his face in Rude's neck, using the mocha-toned flesh there to muffle the sound.

Rude chuckled deeply, suddenly picking up the speed of his hand on Reno, pushing him to get off, and fast. "Come for me," he whispered into Reno's hair, spitting out the stray red strand that got into his mouth.

Reno let out that high shriek, it was buried in Rude's neck, but the sound rumbled against his skin, effectively muffling it enough that no one would hear it as hot, white fluid splashes against Rude's hand, Reno's slender form stiff, head back, back arched, his mouth open wide in this "o" of outright rapture, his eyes screwed shut tight. ..NEVER did he look so beautiful as he did when in the midst of release.

Rude continued to gently run his hand up and down Reno's fading arousal as he watched his partner return to as normal as Reno could possibly get. That was probably one of his favourite faces of Reno: the one where he went from total incoherency towards realization of the bliss he'd just experienced. "Now what?" he whispered in the redhead's ear as he tried to clean his hand off on Reno's hospital gown. Normally he wouldn't have a problem using his mouth, but lotion wasn't nearly as good on his palate as Reno's taste.

Reno gave that glowing grin that in his post arousal state usually meant he was up to something. .and something he was. ..removing whatever obstacles still remained in his way, he moved all the tubing aside the best he kid to get into a position to return the favor, the catheter over to one side, the IV stand moved closely enough to the bed that he could prop himself on his hands without pulling it out He dove onto Rude's shaft with what was the attitude of a man starving to death, tounge working the head in a manner to make a statue moan, then the jaw distending almost to the point it looks like it may dislocate in order to take the big man all the way in. ...his eyes close. ..he really shouldn't be doing this but right now he simply doesn't give a shit. .. his hair is stuck to his face and back with his own sweat, and he croons around the length in his mouth to make the vibration add to sensations.

Rude had a brief moment, right as Reno was decending upon him, where he remembered mentioning that they would no be having sex until Reno was off the pain medication. However, Reno's mouth convinced him that what Reno was doing was both not real sex, and possibly illegal in a few cities outside of Midgar. His head flopped back, nearly missing crashing into the headboard as a low moan escaped his lips. Speaking lips, Reno was reminding him just why he loved his redhead's lips. They were so nice to him. So nice.

Reno took him into his throat with not even so much as a gag, He gave head like a pro, though Rude was the only one he shared it with now. Then with a bare whisper-scrape of teeth his head bobbed back up, then down again, his tounge curving around it like a lollipop Hell, not only was the particular ACT he was performing illegal in a lot of places outside midgar, what they SHARED was as well, but he didn't give a shit. He loved who he loved, and if anyone had a problem with it, fuck 'em. He was a Turk, and thankfully exempt from the sodomy laws. He just had to be sure Tseng never SAW any of his gestures of affection. His tounge and lips waggled around the head as he picked up the pace a bit.

Rude groaned, one hand fisting the covers on the bed while the other held Reno's hair tightly. He felt his hips jump up to meet Reno's lips unconsciously as he groaned again. Were he with anyone else, he could hold out forever. But with Reno... hell, Reno made him feel as inexperienced as a teenager and could make him get off just as quick. He was already so close, which was very much a testament to Reno's skill.

Reno moaned around him again, smiling a little, his unencumbered hand reaching around to cup Rude's sac, and the index finger playing the tiniest bit at the entrence. Not delving in, but just tapping around the outside, the other fingers squeezing a bit. His mother's occupation of a blues piano player, though due to her dying young she'd never become too well known, had blessed him with those long, slender, nimble fingers. He drove Rude's cock deeply into his throat again with that vibrating hum as he did so

And... that was it. Rude was done. He felt himself twitching in that wonderful mouth as he spilled himself into it. He closed his eyes, just feeling the afterglow washing over him in the wake of his orgasm.

Reno literally collapsed onto his side afterward. ..the ache in his ribs suddenly making itself known as the morphine began to let loose its hold on his senses. ..the clenching and twitch around the corner of his eyes telling quite eloquently of the explusion of the drugs from his system. the headache hadn't hit yet, but he knew it wouldn't be too far behind.But he didn't care. .. Hell no. That experience was worth every bit of pain that was likely to follow. He holds onto Rude tightly. "Gods, you smell so good. ..if anything ever happened to you. . ." And a single tiny bit of moisture pricked his eyes as he spoke, but he refused to let it get past that point. Turks didn't cry.

'If anything were to ever happen to you,' Rude thought, but he wasn't the sappy type. At least, most of the time. He swore. Grunting just a little, he leaned forward, pulling up the blanket up to cover them both. He slid his arm under Reno's head, letting him rest on his arm."You okay?" he asked, voice gravelly.

Reno has bitten his lip raw already but he nods."Shit yeah. .just the morphine just wore off, yo. .kinda feels like Bahamut kicked me in the gut."

Rude chuckled a little. If Reno's humour was back, he would recover just fine. "You want me to get the nurse?" he asked, placing a chaste kiss on the redhead's forehead.

Reno nods. .. he was still scared but he covered it with humor. ..he was actually more afraid of being addled than of dying. .. Hell he'd RATHER be floating amongst the dead in the Lifestream than be mentally disabled. That was the most frightening thing he could imagine ever happening. He knew Rude would love him just as much and probably FIGHT to keep him from being "put out to pasture" so to speak should that happen, it was frightening for him. He'd SEEN it happen to his own mother, his father had given her a signifigant blow to the head that had regressed her to a mental 3 year old child before he finally got sick of paying for her care instead of his booze and brought her home to die. It hadn't been long after that the bastard himself succumbed to cirrhosis.

Placing another chaste kiss to Reno's head, Rude carefully slid out from under the redhead. He stood at the foot of the bed, straightening his wrinkled clothing as best he could, and retucking his shirt into his pants. Oh, and fastening his pants. That would help, too. He opened the door and poked his head out, signalling to the nurse at the nurse's station to come over. When she did, he explained that Reno's morphine had worn off, and the tiny girl nodded and said she'd be right back with a slightly less mindnumbing painkiller.

Reno when Rude came back had started shaking as the impact of the day kicked in. .hitting to the extent that he couldn't shut it out. .. for the first time in ten years he could see the blow that had basically destroyed the woman his mother had been. He had been all of maybe 10 or 11 at the time, and for a child to see such a thing was scarring beyond measure, no way around it. The wicked punch the barrel-chested redhead had delivered to the more willowy redhaired woman's chin that had flung her backwards. ..the sound of the sickening crack that her head had made when it hit. . .'Hold it together, Reno. ..you're a Turk, Turks don't have breakdowns' He told himself that, but it did not a bit of good.

Before the nurse had come back, Rude heard a noise like a whimper behind him. He looked at Reno, seeing him shake like the proverbial leaf. "Nurse!" he bellowed down the hallway, quickly going back to the bed. "Reno," he called his partner's name but recieved no response. Frowning, he touched Reno's hand, still recieving no acknowledgement. He grabbed both the redhead's wrists, holding his arms down on the bed on either side of him, leaning over Reno and he tried to catch his partner's eyes. "Reno," he tried again, with no luck. "Reno! Look at me!"

Reno suddenly just fell into him. ..all of it spilled out in one long, gasping gush of words. ..from what had happened to his mother, which was classified information only the President, the Vice President, and Tseng aside from himself had access to. ..to his own fear of such incapcitation and how it had brought on the flashback which had left him trembling in its wake. ..with it came a hitching breath that was one of fierce attempts not to cry. .. he hadn't cried in his entire career, and damned if he would now.

Rude froze. Reno's mother... and father... and...? It was too much to process all at once. He just stared at Reno, jaw occassionally clenching and unclenching as he tried to find something to say. But what could he say?

Reno then looked up at him, his eyes overflowing and not a damn thing he could do to stop it. ..but Rude would be the only one to see them. He'd DIE of humilation if anyone else ever did.. ..then the rest came out, the things he'd never shared with anyone. The foster family from Wutai that had basically taken him on because it was the only way they'd be able to adopt the Wutain baby that was the one they REALLY wanted and had made him feel so brutally unwelcome. .. how he'd at 12 run away and joined one of Midgar's street gangs that had 18 months later SOLD him to Corneo, who ran a brothel that catered to ones who had a taste for feminine men and little boys. ..then how he'd run away from THERE to prostitute HIMSELF until he'd been found by Rude and Tseng when he'd picked the leader's pocket only to lead them a merry chase across two sectors and ten city blocks before Tseng had caught him. ..that had begun at age 16 his career with the Turks.

Rude thought he needed a cigarette. And he said as much. "You can't smoke in here," the nurse spoke up from behind him.

"Get that out of him," he pointed to the catheder, "And get him a wheelchair. We're going outside for a smoke."

"But what about this?" she raised up a syringe with a clear liquid in it.

Rude nodded, getting off the bed and standing by the door.

Reno closed his eyes as the nurse slid the needle under the skin of his arm, the screwed them up in preparation for the sting of the catheter coming out, when it did he yelped, but little more. ..his mind was in too much disarray at the moment to do much more than that. ..his eyes pinning Rude's from behind his shades, when they opened they were still wide with that slightly haunted look about them. One could always read Reno's emotions in his eyes.

Stepping away, the nurse started, "I don't think it's a good idea to go out--"

"He'll be fine," Rude grumbled lowly. "He just needs some fresh air."

'And I need some nicotine,' Rude thought to himself as he shooed the girl away from the requested wheelchair. He knew Reno'd had a rough life, but he had no idea the extent of it. Really made his own days growing up in a less wealthy section of the plate seem like the cake walk they were.

Reno as Rude helped him into the chair uttered his first truly coherant words since the flashback. they were shaky, but they were not anywhere NEAR as shaky as the relating of the events of his pre-Shinra life had been. "Need a cigarette, yo. ..Hell, I'd say I need a JOINT, but mary jane and pain meds don't mix well. .. "

Rude grunted an incoherent syllable, going behind Reno to push the wheelchair with one hand and the IV holder with the other. He was not going to lecture Reno on just WHY the company had mandatory drug tests; he'd leave that to Tseng. Besides, he couldn't really talk, he'd been a runner at the ripe old age of 18, way back when on the plate. Got out of the business by 19, though. One too many bullets dodged and he was done. Little did he know he'd end up a Turk a few years later and be dodging bullets yet again. He snorted at his thoughts as he pushed Reno outside and away from the building. Rules were rules about cigarettes and nearby oxygen tanks. He pulled his pack of Bahamut Flares from his pants pocket, taking one out and handing the pack to Reno.

Reno sighs as he takes one out, lighting it with still-shakey hands. .. letting the nicotine hit his system in a rush that began to ease the shivers. "Thanks man. ..shit. ..I had NO idea that was comin', yo. ..none at all. ..it just slammed me like that damn truck did Palmer."

Rude nodded, taking a deep draw from his cigarette and letting the smoke out slowly. Yes nerves, love the nicotine, let it calm you. Finally, he looked down at Reno. "Your mother, or your father?" he asked quietly, taking another short hit before continuing. "Which do you look like?" He was trying to picture everything Reno had said in his head, but for some reason, he was having trouble with some of the details.
Sign up to rate and review this story