Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter & The Final Battle

To The Burrow

by Buff_dogg2 0 reviews

Suddenly out of nowhere three knives came flying at him and pierced him in the abdomen. He fell on the ground frozen in pain. He hadn't changed for combat as usual, he was still wearing his joggin...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Bill Weasley, Dudley, Harry, Petunia Dursley, Ron, Vernon Dursley, Other - Published: 2006-08-23 - Updated: 2006-08-24 - 2205 words

0OOC
Disclaimer: You know what, I'm poor and still don't own one shit.

To The Burrow


A couple of weeks has passed, it's just two days before Harry's seventeenth birthday. The rain fell mercilessly. Harry signed, this was no weather to go jogging in. He'd have to make do with 'the room'. On his birthday he was to go to the Burrow (he had convinced Ron and Hermione to meet him there), then Diagon Alley for his school supplies and apparition license. He also wanted to straighten out Sirius' will.

The last few weeks consisted of intense work. He had improved on his occlumency, dueling, and animigi training. He was to be a phoenix. He could see it every time he closed his eyes. A raven feathered phoenix with a golden lightning bolt scar.

His hair had also grown out to shoulder length and he kept it at shoulder length. He also had more definition in his body, overall he liked how he looked now, the skinny fraqme gone. He now looked like a man gave his animagi and physical training credit for his fast improvement.

After jogging he'd follow up with some dueling and animigi training. Having Amity around was proving beneficial, he was able to concentrate more and their friendship have grown into something much like what he had with Ron & Hermione.

He had read most of the books in the library and had been practicing potions with some cauldrons he found. So far he had succeeded in making veritaserum, wolfsbane potion, wound healing potion, skele-gro and polyjuice potion. He had no idea what he was going to do with them but he kept them bottled on a shelf, he decided they may come in handy.

After his jog in 'the room' the grassy quidditch pitch faded away and turned into the familiar stone walled dueling chamber and a dozen violently colored spells came flying straight at him. He waved his wand and created a shielding charm around himself. He faced his attackers, they were just plain hooded figures in death eater robes. He let down his shield for a split second to throw a curse. One attacker fell, stunned and his left arm was grazed by a cutting curse.

'I'm too bloody slow!' he thought to himself. Irritated, he threw five curses in quick succession. Four fell and three were revived, one writhing in pain on the stone floor due to a severed wand arm.

During the last few weeks he had gone to being attacked by real spells and more attackers, after all Voldemort won't be playing around when it comes down to it. Harry's simulations were using everything but the unforgivables.

Suddenly out of nowhere three knives came flying at him and pierced him in the abdomen. He fell on the ground frozen in pain. He hadn't changed for combat as usual, he was still wearing his jogging clothes. No protection of his dragon skin vest. He looked up to the dark figures looming over him, the most menacing said the two words he loathed, the two words that destroyed almost all the people he loved.

"Avada kadavra."

"Nooooo" Harry screamed as he was marked with the green spot.

The dark figures faded away as did the knives which had pierced his body. The pain subsided but not completely. Shakily he rose and left the room.

'I have to get better if I'm to stand a chance against him' he scolded himself. He entered the living and fell exhausted on the couch. He lay there reflecting on his life and what it means to be Harry Potter.

"Why me Ames?" he asked the snake before the fireplace which he had conjured in the wall.

"I don't know, what I do know is that everyone's life is planned even before their birth. Everyone has a purpose in life, some are destined to be good, make a better world. Others to be evil, destroy and attempt to conquer." replied Amity.

"Well, I'd sure like to give that person a kick up the a--"

"The being responsible is unknown, but they have control over all. We know not what the plan is, yet we are a crucial asset to the game, life."

"How'd you get so insightful, you're the only thing keeping me together right now."

"I'm glad to be a help Harry Potter."

"Can't you just call me Harry?"

"I'll try, Harry."

"Good try" he chuckled. With that he dozed off to sleep, the inner phoenix calming him.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

After Harry awoke, he went upstairs to show himself and check for mail. When he went upstairs there were three letters on his table, and a howler. He was so busy recently he almost never replied to his mail.

He put them in his chest and went downstairs to see the Dursleys. He was wondering how they were getting on. He hadn't seen or heard from them in a while. He entered the living room and heard Aunt Petunia in the kitchen.

An idea came to him, he sat on the couch and started flipping through channels on the television.

"Oh Dudders, you've gotten back so..." Aunt Petunia entered the room and froze with an shocked expression upon her face.

"What do you think you are doing?"

"Hi Aunt Petunia, I'm just looking to see if there's anything good on the tube." he replied nonchalantly.

"Why the nerve, you just get up this instant and go to your room. And no meals for a week!"

"No thanks, I think I'll just sit here and watch TV. And I don't remember you giving me anything to eat since I got here anyway."

Aunt Petunia looked like she took a slap to the face. The front door opened and closed.

"Petunia, turn to the news. Something's happened in London."

"Gimme that" Petunia said tearing the remote from Harry's grasp.

As uncle Vernon entered the room Harry rose and turned to leave.

"I'll be back in my room in anyone needs me."

"No stay right there boy." he spat "I have a feeling this has something to do with you."

Uncle Vernon took the remote from Aunt Petunia's fumbling hand and turned to the "BBC NEWS".

"About an half hour ago a deadly, mysterious event finished right here in front of the parliament building. There was mass destruction as you can see behind me and dozens of people lay on the streets and rubble lifeless. Some probably killed by the rubble, others perfectly healthy except for the fact that they're dead. Two other most puzzling occupancies are these signs made in the sky." the television showed the dark mark prominent in the sky, then the view changed to show a message left in the sky for him. 'SURRENDER POTTER'

Harry felt his mouth go dry, he wasn't afraid of Voldemort but he was shocked, all those innocent people. The television was promptly switched off and Vernon rounded on Harry.

"What is this about boy. Why is your name in the sky?"

"What makes you think it's my name? What make you think it has anything to do with me?"

"Come off it boy, who else would it be? It obvious that was done by your lot and there aren't any other Potters, otherwise you wouldn't be here."

Harry threw his hands in the air in a surrendering gesture.

"Ok, you got me, but it isn't my fault he killed my family, all those people and now's trying to do me in" he said with a smile across his face.

"Boy, don't play with me. Petunia! I told he would be our undoing. Those people are going to come after him, find where we live and kill us all!"

"They already know." Harry said in a resigned tone and plopped down on the couch.

"They what! Petunia we've..."

"SHUT UP" Harry screamed at the top of his lungs. "They've known for ages, they just can't get near the house, nor the street for that matter. We're safe here."

"What do you mean can't get near the house! That-that Dumby-dore has done something to the neighborhood hasn't he!"

Harry felt an anger pass through him but forced it back down using his occlumency. He now understood how Hagrid always felt about Dumbledore, the need to stand up for his honor.

"Yes." Harry answered in a calm voice. "And if he hadn't we'd be dead already. Besides, I'll be gone in a day or two."

"I-I'll turn you in." Vernon said lowering his voice, a menacing look on his face.

"And how do you purpose to do that?" Harry asked with an amused look upon his face.

"I-I'll walk down London screaming for Voldemort to the top of my lungs I will." Vernon replied.

Harry let out a laugh. "You'll be dead before you can say it twice. No one says his name except for Dumbledore and I, and if you go calling his name, a muggle no-less" Harry resumed his laughter and Vernon's face turned purple.

Vernon sputtered something incoherent and Harry rose from the couch. " I'm going off to bed now, good night." With that he turned towards the stairs to his room and heard a knock at the door.

Vernon jumped at the sound. "Bloody hell, it's them. Hide Petunia"

Harry released an exasperated sigh and headed towards the door. As he opened it he was taken aback by the sight before him. Remus Lupin, Bill, Charlie and Ron Weasley with a unconscious Dudley Dursley on the shoulder.

"What the hell happened here?" Harry asked careful to keep his voice low.

"Good evening to you too. Merlin, I'd swear these people are rubbing off on you." said Ron gesturing at Dudley and leading the other three into the house.

Harry lead them into the living room where the Dursley promptly began screaming bloody murder.

"You've killed my..."

"Silencio" said Bill cutting off Vernon as Ron dropped Dudley unceremoniously on the couch.

"Are you ready Harry?" asked Remus.

"Ready for what?"

"Ron, you were to owl him." scolded Charlie.

"I have, the bloody git just doesn't answer mail anymore." replied Ron in and irritated tone.

"Hello what happened to my cousin?"

"Sorry Harry. Well all that happened was that we apparated on the outskirts of the wards and saw him being stunned by some deatheaters. All we did was to bring him safely home." answer Remus nonchalantly.

"That's all?! Jeez, what if..."

"Don't worry about it. Bill gave one some veritaserum, they were just out having fun, it was a random capture, torture, kill victim. Just get your stuff and lets go."

Excited Harry raced up to his room, shrunk his chest, pocketed it and was back downstairs. He stopped at the doorway of the living room and watched Remus with the Dursleys.

"Now, I'd like to that you with my deepest gratitude for taking care of Harry all these years. Despite all the mistreatment and other things I don't know about, I do believe that because of his life here with you. And your boy is pretty shaken up, I suggest he learns nothing of this." said Remus in a vindictive voice.

"I'm ready" said Harry entering the living room.

"Well, lets be off then." chirped Ron.

"Ok Harry, we'll be going outside and I'll enervate him as I leave. So say your goodbyes and we'll be off." said Remus.

As they all left Dudley awoke groggily and looked into the faces of both his parents.

"Mom, Dad, where am I?"

"Why, you're home of course. You just walked in and fell asleep on the couch." supplied Harry.

He looked at Harry thoughtfully, then back to his parents. A grinned flashed across his face and back to his former expression as he looked at his parents.

"Mom, Dad, I think Harry did something to me. My head feels funny."

Harry rolled his eyes and chuckled. 'Some things never change.' he said to himself.

"Dudders, Harry is leaving us for good." Petunia finally spoke.

"Oh, well err, great" Dudley rose from the couch all pretenses forgotten and held his hand out to Harry. "It's was nice knowing you."

Harry took the offered hand and said "Thanks, nice knowing you too."

He looked at the three of them, the last of his family. And despite all the years of mistreatment he knew he was going to miss them, they were all he had left. He turned and left for the porch and they all followed.

"Goodbye." he said.

"G-Goodbye, Harry" said his Aunt stepping forward and embracing him into her arms.

Harry was taken aback by this sudden act to kindness and looked over her shooulder and saw the identical scowls on Vernon and Dudley's face. He then retreated and said his final goodbye.

He turned and walked to the street and the others at the end of it. He stood in the middle of the street and took his final look of what was his home, then walked down the street never looking back. Never to return again.

A/N: The end of another chapter. Painfully Short. Sorry bout the lack of updates but it's examination time and I need to study. Remember, gimme some reviews. Buff Dogg out.
Sign up to rate and review this story