Categories > Original > Drama

Breathe Me

by haitoku 0 reviews

[Mariachi Radio] Wes accepts his weaknesses and realizes that needing someone isn't so bad after all.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2006-08-24 - Updated: 2006-08-24 - 237 words - Complete

0Unrated
For years now, Wes has been telling himself not to get attached to things, to people, to places, to anything. But then, without fail, on some day no different than any other, he realizes that he's already become attached to something, to someone, to someplace. 'It's a wonder,' he usually thinks to himself, 'that I'm still able to get pissed off over it.'

Wes has never really been able to rely on anyone. He can't rely on his father because he's senile and an asshole. He can't rely on Kasper because, while his heart's in the right place, his body never seems to be. He can't rely on Alison because what kind of loser goes to his best friend's older sister for help, really? All in all, Wes has stopped trying.

Joseph A. Malloy is the one exception to this rule.

And that's why, when Joop's taken him away when he's bloodied up from a fight with his dad, or when he's lent him money when he needs it, or whatever - when he's been there for any of a thousand reasons - Wes says out loud the sorts of things guys never say to each other.

Without you, I feel like I'm falling.

If it weren't for you, I don't think I'd be able to draw breath.

You are everything, everyone, everywhere to me.

And somehow, it never surprises Wes when Joop just laughs and ruffles his hair.
Sign up to rate and review this story