Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Sakura Train

Dinner Meeting

by Noizchild 0 reviews

The shinigami, Aiguo, Anna, Aiguo's men, and Daiyu finally meet to discuss what to do next about Kirika-chan.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Tatsumi,Tsuzuki,Watari - Published: 2016-04-05 - 536 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Three: Dinner Meeting:

Japan celebrates Thanksgiving in a different way. It is for the laborers. Today, everyone had a different labor to battle with.

The shinigami, Anna, Aiguo, Aiguo’s men, and Daiyu sat waiting at the table. Anna held Kirika-chan in her arms. Aiguo took a drink of sake.

“The results came in this morning,” he said. “The potential is 96%.”

“And that means?” Tatsumi asked. Aiguo set down his glass.

“There is the potential we need to run more tests.”

“Safely,” Watari added. The mob boss cut him a cold look.

“Right?” the blonde scientist asked. Aiguo rolled his eyes.

“Yes,” he said.

“Good,” Watari said. The mob boss tried to stay professional.

“How long will it take?” Tsuzuki asked.

“I don’t know Maybe months or years?” Aiguo said. “It’s hard to pin down.”

“Months or years?”

Daiyu slammed down her hand on the table. “That’s too long!”

Aiguo shrugged. “Hey, that’s how it is. The project took years to build.”

“And innocent lives!”

“We did what we had to do!”

“Like killing my sister?”

“They tried to run away!”

“Gee, I wonder why!”

Watari cleared his throat. “Anyway, it will take a while.”

“Can you reduce the time?” Tsuzuki asked.

“No,” Aiguo said.

“Why not?”

“Well…” The mob boss looked at the people in the room. Despite the front he put up, the cracks started to show. Tatsumi raised an eyebrow.

“You’ve never done this before, have you?” he asked. The mob boss gritted his teeth.

“It’s not like that!” He rubbed his forehead. “I mean… We never went down this route before. Usually, our subjects were adults.”

“But since it’s a baby…” Watari began.

“Yes,” Aiguo said. “None of the other subjects never reproduced either.”

“Oh,” Watari said. “This makes things more interesting.”

“So where will Kirika-chan being staying?” Anna asked. Watari broke into a smile.

“Here in Japan, of course,” he said.

“That’s not right!” Daiyu shouted. “My niece belong home with her family!”

“The tests are being done here.”

“I don’t care!”

“She cannot be moved during testing. It’s too risky.”

Daiyu gritted her teeth. “She needs to be with her family!”

“She will be,” Tsuzuki said.

“I mean my family!”

Konoe banged his glass against the table. He cleared his throat when all eyes off track here. Everyone take a break for a while and we’ll come back when we are calmer.” Nobody said a word. Konoe shot them a cold glare.

“Go!” he snapped. The boss watched as everyone left the table.

--------

Daiyu disappeared around the corner. She couldn’t stop grinding her teeth. This setback felt like a slap in the face. Like hell she would leave Japan without the baby, not without a good fight first!

“There, there,” the Mother purred in her ear. “This will all be over soon.” Daiyu pushed her hands off her shoulders.

“You better have keep your end of the bargain up!” she hissed.

“Yes, yes,” the kitsune said. “I’m on it.”

“You better!” the girl said. The Mother watched as the younger demon walked down the hall.

“Touchy,” she muttered. The kitsune vanished back into her pale.
Sign up to rate and review this story