Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Sakura Train

Kitsune Bond Blues

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Hitomi remembers how she first met Haruka before she agrees to talk to Kato in present day.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2016-04-09 - 554 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Seven: Kitsune Bond Blues:

December 10th, 1963.

It hurt her body to move.

She opened her eyes and saw the blue sky. Each breath made her ribs sore. That last attack took so much out of her. She closed her eyes.

Please… Kill me… Take me away… Anything… She opened her eyes when she heard footsteps.

A young woman in black stood over her. She tilted her head. “My, my, my. You’re in rough shape.” She on the ground narrowed her and panicked.

Oh no! Not her too! Please… I can’t take anymore. I don’t want to die!

Instead, the standing woman knelt down next to her. “Want me to call the hospital?”

She shook her head. “No.”

“No?”

“No!”

“And why is that?”

Her voice came out weak. The woman in black knelt down to her for a listen. She didn’t get much from the She on ground. Afterwards, She on the ground passed out.

--------

Moments later, she awoke in a small room. Her eyes wandered around the darkness.Where… am I?

“My room,” a woman’s voice replied. The patient lifted her head. The woman in black sat on the foot of the futon.

“Good, you’re awake,” she said. Her patient blinked.

“Why am I here?” she asked. The woman in black leaned in, smiling.

“I brought you here.”

“But why?”

“You were seriously injured.”

“Why didn’t you kill me or walk away?”

“That wouldn’t be right, now would it?”

The patient shook her head. “Do you even know what I am?” She waited for her reaction of disgust. Instead, the other woman smiled.

“Yes.”

Her patient stared wide-eyed. “You do?”

The other woman turned to the doorway. “Aki-chan!” Her kitsune poked her head in the door. The patient covered her agape mouth.

“What the…? But… How?”

The woman in black’s lips curved into a smile. “I am a kitsune tsukai.”

“You mean…?”

“Yes. Aki-chan and I co-exist as one.” She smiled at the expression on her face. “You have many questions, I know. I will take time to answer each one. But first…” She leaned in so close that the tip of her nose touched the patient’s. “You have to tell me your name.”

“My… name?”

“You do have one, do you?”

The patient lowered her eyes. “Hitomi.”

“Hitomi, huh? That’s a cute name.”

The patient blushed. “Thanks. And you are?”

The other woman broke into a cold smile. “Haruka. It’s Kimoto Haruka.”

“Kimoto… Haruka.”

“Yes. Let me tell you my story.”

-------

-Present Day-

“What do you mean?” Hitomi asked.

“Just as I said,” Kato said. “I want to give you freedom if you do something for me in return. It’s just that simple.”

“And if I say no?”

“I know you won’t.”

Hitomi raised an eyebrow. “What makes you believe that?”

“Like I said.” He locked his eyes on the nervous teacher. “You are not a killer. Now shall I tell you my offer now?”

Hitomi’s eyes shifted left and right. He had such a convincing point of her not being a killer. Maybe… This could be the out that she longed for. The kitsune lowered her eyes.

“Alright,” she said softly. Kato broke into a grin.

“Very good,” he said. “Let’s begin.”
Sign up to rate and review this story