Categories > Original > Humor

Glorious Battle

by NyeWolfe 0 reviews

When two are destined to battle, all the world shall watch with anticipation. Or at least a small fishing village will take a second out of its busy day.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2016-04-23 - 377 words - Complete

0Unrated
The street was bustling with people. Stall vendors were selling their wares to the midafternoon crowd. Seagulls laughed as they plundered an unsuspecting man’s lunch. The salt air danced upon my nostrils as I strode through town; the crashing waves sang for my ears. As I weaved between the mass of shoppers, I felt my fighter sense tingle. Hastily, I scanned the area. My breath quickened with excitement as my hair stood on the back of my neck. I could tell a true warrior was nearby.
A smile played on my lips as I heard him call out to me. “Hey! Are you a fighter?” He cried. I turned to meet the man foolish enough to challenge me. I wanted to thank him for spicing up my otherwise calm afternoon. I small laugh bounced in my throat. How comical that he would be wearing a red gi in stark contrast to my white gi.
“I am.” A simple response would do. True warriors do not need words. The congregation of spectators rapidly moved out of our way. We raised our fists in unison.
“FIGHT!” A random onlooker had swiftly taken up the position of referee.
Immediately he was upon me. The crowd cheered. I spat blood onto the stone street. His punch was a blur. I couldn’t help but smile.
Without hesitation I returned the favor. He had to step back to catch his breath. We each had tested the other’s merit, and neither was found lacking.
A flurry of my kicks pounded his chest. An abrupt head-butt forced me back. I grappled, his gi almost tearing from the throw. The sound of cloth shredding delighted me as he landed hard.
Golden letters fell from the sky as a disembodied voice yelled out “Player-1 Wins!”
“My warrior’s blood has been satisfied this day,” Kevin said as he placed the controller on the coffee table resting in front of him. “The good people of this sea town can once again go about their peaceful lives.”
“Why do you always have to monologue whenever we play ‘King of Streets’?” Cam asked as leaned back against the couch.
“Rematch?”
“Fine.”
Kevin began, “The mountain path was quiet as the light of the moon fell upon it…”
Sign up to rate and review this story