Categories > Anime/Manga > Vampire Knight

Forgotten Soul

by XxStarlessNightxX 1 review

(Kaname X Reader X Zero) (Y/n) was what a parent would call the 'problem' child. The one who didn't get good grades, started fights, and secretly broke the law. But (Y/n) never cared: she didn't ha...

Category: Vampire Knight - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2016-05-03 - 1589 words

2Exciting
Your P.O.V


"You got kicked out AGAIN!!!???" Mara yelled at the top of her lungs from her bed with a textbook in her hands.


I shrugged as I flopped onto my bed. "Yeah, so what? Not like it matters anyway."


"Where do you expect to get in life without a high school education!?" she demanded.


"Out of this hell hole, at least," I mumbled under my breath.


"What was that?"


"Hey, you don't need to lecture me, so stop playin mom. Not everyone can get perfect grades like you."


She sighed. "I just want to look after you. Your like my little sister, and no one has even fostered us for nearly a year and a half. I'm getting kicked out next month, you know. That's why I'm focusing on school and my job, so I can manage on my own. I suggest you do the same."


I rolled my eyes: I knew she was right, I just didn't want to accept it at all. "I'll pass for now. You're not gonna tell HER that I got kicked out of another school again, are you?"


Mara shook her head as she flipped through the textbook. "I won't tell, but she'll still find out eventually." She paused. "What did you do this time, anyway?"


"Started a fight with the girl messing with Julie."


"Well, at least it was for a good cause, sort of. Better than getting caught with half empty cigarette cartons in your locker."


I laughed, remembering that time back at the beginning of freshman year. Good times. I never said I was an angel. My cheap, pre-paid cellphone buzzed the most annoying sound in the world, notifying me that I got a text message from Donna. Quickly, I opened and read it.


Meet in the old barn in the woods.


I sent a quick reply back:


I'll be there soon.


"Who was that?" Mara questioned, suspicious.


"Ruby. She was asking me what happened at school today since she was absent." I lied as I quickly hung my legs out of the window. Mara didn't like Donna in the slightest, and if I told her I was meeting up with her and her gang she'd tell HER and I'll be kicked out for sure. And Even though the room was on the second story, I could easily climb down the tree that grew right beside the window.


"Where are you going?"


"To meet up with Ruby."


"Why-"


"Dammit Mara, everything is fine!" I scurried down the tree and started running towards the woods.


~Time Skip~


I was petrified. Everyone was dead. I had no idea what I was going to do.


Slowing my breath, I thought back to what happen. They were smoking and drinking. I on the other hand wasn't doing either, mostly so Mara wouldn't snitch on me, so I was talking to my semi-crush, Luke. Then the attack came. The creature ran inhumanly, killing everyone and.... and..... and drinking their blood? The creature looked human, but I knew it wasn't as soon as it's blood red eyes darted at me as it killed the last of my friends. In a panic, I rushed into the barn and hid myself quickly under piles of hay.


And that brings me to this point, on the verge of a mental break-down.


"(Y/n)?" a masculine voice rang.


Cautiously, I peered out through small gaps of the hay. The creature’s once red eyes calmed down to a soft blue, and, although he was drenched with blood, could make out his hair to be a dirty blonde. What exactly was he? Why could he move so inhumanly? And then a different thought crossed my mind. How did he know my name? Even if he was watching us the entire time we were at the barn, they used my nickname: (NickName). I had no idea how he could’ve known my name.


“(Y/n), where the hell are you!” He yelled angrily as he started slowly inspecting the barn.


I clenched my fists and kept my eyes shut, ignoring the uncomfortable poking I was getting from the hay.


“You better show yourself now, (Y/n)! I’d hate for something bad to happen to your friend Mara,” he spat.


What was even going on? How did this human-looking creature know this stuff about me!? What did he want with me? And why is he bringing Mara into this!? He would really kill her: he had no problems killing the rest of my friends.Slowly, I uncovered myself and walked into his view, holding back tears.


He smirked at me. “There you-”


“(Y/n)! Where are you!” I heard a familiar voice interrupt in a scream.


“Mara!” I screamed back. “Run, now!”


But it was too late. As she walked into the doorway of the barn, He ran at her, snapping her neck in an instant.


“Mara!” I cried as I ran to her and fell to the ground on my knees.


I couldn’t stop crying. Mara was the only person I had left to consider family. Now she was gone, and don’t even know why he killed her. Memories flashed in my head, like the time we first met. We were both being fostered by no good foster parents, and I was mistakenly sent back to the same orphanage as her. Of course, since both were not very good with keeping tabs on us orphaned kids, no one really noticed. We have been together ever since.


Up until now, at least.


“No need to cry over such a vile creature,” he said in an annoyed tone.


“Leave me the hell alone,” was all I could mutter.


I heard him sigh in distaste as he grabbed my ankle and started to pull me away.


“Leave me alone already! Haven’t you killed enough people today!?” I screamed as I kicked my legs fiercely.


That was the last thing I remembered before the world went black.


~Time Skip~


“Miss (L/n)!” a voice rang out for the millionth time.


My eyes fluttered open to see the inside of an ambulance truck. “Where am I?” I questioned.


“On the way to the hospital,” said a woman in a EMS uniform-gettup thing. “You’re lucky to be alive, let alone no severe injuries.”


I thought for a moment, when everything started flooding back into my head. I had to bite my lip to keep myself from bursting into tears.


“(Y/n), I’m going to need you to tell me everything that happened,” a police officer stated.


“We were all hanging out, when a wild animal attacked,” I lied quickly. He was, infact, like a wild animal. But if I told them what really happened, they’d all think I was insane.


“A wild animal? Although the gashes and teeth marks seem to be premeditated, they do show signs of animalistic attacks,” she said to herself slowly.


I nodded, quietly thinking to myself. How did I escape? As hard as I tried to remember, the last thing I could was him dragging me away.


Most of my time in the hospital wasn’t anything big. A bit more questioning (When the police determined that it was a wild animal attack), making sure I didn’t have a concussion of any sort, etc.


And then she came: Ma'am, the boss of the orphanage.


“I know this is a hard time for you, but it doesn’t matter,” she said, holding back her anger. “You have been kicked out yet again, and it's getting old. So, I got you enrolled into Cross Academy in Japan.”


I couldn’t believe what was happening. In a day’s time, I’ve lost all my friends and people I considered family, and going to be stuck starting a new school in a completely different place! Let’s just say, I wasn’t very happy in the slightest.


The next day was a pain. I had to quickly pack all of my crap and head to the airport. There was no one who said goodbye, or even said a word to me. I could care less anyway. People suck big time. The plane ride there wasn’t eventful in the slightest. Normally I would’ve found that boring, but after the day before, I was okay with a bit of relaxation.


A taxi-like car had picked me up and brought me to the front gates of the school. I wasn’t gonna lie, it looked pretty intimidating. Not only that, but I had absolutely no idea on what to do, except somehow finding my way to the headmaster’s office. With a sigh, I entered the school’s property with my suitcase hitting the side of my leg with every step, heading to the building that looked most like the school building.


“You must be the new student, (Y/n)!”


I whipped my head to the side to see a girl in a black uniform with brown hair running towards me.


“Yeah, that’s me.”


“I’m Yuki, part of the Disciplinary Committee!” she introduced.


I nodded slightly as she led me to the headmaster’s office, pointing out a few different areas on the way.


The talk with the headmaster wasn’t much, just ground rules and my schedule. He then insisted on Yuki giving me a small tour of the school grounds before showing me to my dorm. Through all of this, only one thought crossed my mind.


When will this day be over?
Sign up to rate and review this story