Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Whiskey Lullaby

Whiskey Lullaby

by VV_Lover 2 reviews

A song fic set to Whiskey Lullaby. Two parts.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Vincent Valentine, Yuffie Kisaragi - Published: 2006-08-25 - Updated: 2006-08-25 - 839 words

0Unrated
Whiskey Lullaby

She put him out like the burnin' end of a midnight cigarette
She broke his heart he spent his whole life tryin' to forget
We watched him drink his pain away a little at a time
But he never could get drunk enough to get her off his mind

Until the night...

He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger
And finally drank away her memory
Life is short but this time it was bigger
Than the strength he had to get up off his knees

We found him with his face down in the pillow
With a note that said I'll love her till I die
And when we buried him beneath the willow
The angels sang a whiskey lullaby

He looked into her eyes, looking for the lie, the joke that she had to be telling him. The stormy gray pools were serious, and devoid of emotion. Suddenly overcome, he broke down inside, but allowed nothing to show, and he hid his emotions from her for the first time.

"I just don't think... I don't think were going to work out." she said, breaking his heart with every word she used to explain her reasons. He couldn't help but wonder what had brought this round so suddenly, and he caught her looking over his shoulder and over the lawn, where an unidentified convertible was parked.

"Someone else?" he asked, his voice flat, tone emotionless, even though he felt like he was fit to burst with anger, and hurt. All she did was nod, while still keeping her eyes shielded, motions cautious. When she reached out to comfort him, he caught her hand and in one fluid motion pushed it away. He turned away, walking to the sleek black car he had parked just behind the red convertible.

The engine roared, and he pulled out too quickly, speeding out of sight. She cried, making sure that he was gone, and then she took those first few steps. She had thought would have been hard, but they felt like any other steps. Pushing open the light mahogany door, she went inside to tell her father she had done it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That sleek black car was parked in the driveway of a small one story house, the yard unkempt, as it had been for a while. The weeds were overthrowing the small garden, since their caretaker had barely left the house. Past the plain front door the house was immaculate, save for the bedroom, which was littered with bottles lined neatly along the dressers.

The smooth blanket covering the bed was interrupted by a lump beneath it. It moved, and a head was visible, as his arms reached for another of the bottles. His overgrown black hair was fanning out slightly, as he stared blankly at the ceiling, drinking heavily from the bottle every once in a while. The drink was making him numb, but he could still feel the pain, though with the end of the bottle, came the bliss of complete numbness.

Even in his drunken stupor he thought of her, and he was angry that no matter how much he drank, his mind always brought him back to this. This sad, pitiful existence that seemed to revolve around the pain she caused him.

Swinging his legs off the bed, he stood and walked to the dresser, where a picture sat, him and her, smiling into the camera, eating a picnic. Opening the top dresser, he picked up the picture and laid it on a stack of paper and pens, which lay beside a pistol. From the dresser he took a small sheet of paper and the pistol, and with a black pen scrawled, 'I'll love her till I die.'

Pulling the pistol to his side, with the note clenched in the opposite hand, he pulled the trigger and finally forgot.

He was found, laying face down, clinging to the note as if it still held his life. They told her of it, and she went to the funeral, hiding behind a gravestone until they had all disappeared from the grave site. Tears streaked her face, and she held a single red rose.

In a strangled voice she began to hum, as she placed the rose across the grave, tears still falling into the ground, where once upon a time she had had love. She left the cemetery, looking back only once, and then she was gone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note/Disclaimer: So the characters are pretty much based off of Vincent and Yuffie, but this actually has nothing to do with the game, it's just something that came to my mind one day. I don't own Vincent and Yuffie, so like you know? Don't sue me or anything. The second part will be up shortly, since I have just began to write it. For those of you who are about to tell me I skipped the girls part, that's the second part of the story. :D Thanks a lot people! And don't forget to review.
Sign up to rate and review this story