Categories > Anime/Manga > Dragon Ball Z > Accept The Beast You Are

Part 5

by NijaZSX 0 reviews

....................

Category: Dragon Ball Z - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bulma,Gohan,Goku,Piccolo - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2016-05-31 - 4077 words

0Unrated
Breaking News: East City Completely Destroyed

"Unfortunately, this isn't a joke my dear viewers. We still don't know what caused the sudden destruction of East City, but we received few words from people in the nearby settlements who managed to see something. Their words and I quote were: 'We only saw a bright blue light coming down from the sky before the city exploded'... We are working hard to find out what exactly occurred and we are sure to get more news some time later when our trusty reporter, Jimmy Firecracker reports from..." The tv was turned off and silence prevailed in the house. No one dared to say a word, the atmosphere tensed while Krillin stood in front of the tv with a remote controller in his left hand. The small martial artist tightened the grip on the controller almost breaking it while he grunted few curses under his breath until he heard a voice from behind his back.

"What could possibly happen to East City!?" After what felt like ages, someone finally spoke. It was a taller man with a long black hair and two scars on his face. He just arrived here only five minutes ago when his girlfriend called him and wept through the phone. He didn't know what was going on and in a hurry he left the baseball squad and flew here. When his master informed him of what transpired only one hour ago and the fact that Piccolo was inside the house, the scar-faced martial artist almost fainted. No matter how many times master Roshi told him the truth, he just didn't want to believe it. He glanced from Krillin to master Roshi and when he saw his master's expression he paled "D-Don't tell me, you think it was G..." The tall man was cut off by his shorter friend who yelled with a trembled voice.

"N-No! That's impossible, it was s-something... else!" Krillin's hands shook so much that the remote controller fell from his hand on the floor. He was on the verge of crying, but he held back the tears.

"Krillin" Master Roshi spoke his pupil name quietly while he watched the hurt man. The old man glanced to the other side with a sad expression, he like the rest of the group didn't want to admit that, but he knew better, he knew that the one responsible for the destruction of East City was the same boy with a tail that he trained all those years. The master tightened his right fist and wondered what to do, what to say to them when he heard a snort from his left side. He looked up and saw Piccolo standing with his wounds healed thanks to the senzu bean that Krillin managed to find in his room. The look that the reincarnation of the demon king had was one of disgust, it was obvious to master Roshi that the demon didn't want to be in their company any longer or was it maybe that Goku was destroying the world he was supposed to rule instead of his father.

"That darn Goku! He's already on the move!" Spoke Piccolo with a higher voice which startled some people inside the house. Krillin's eyes were wide open where he heard his best friend name coming out from the demo's mouth while the man behind Piccolo just clenched his fists. The man with three eyes and with a long scar on his right chest didn't want to admit the demon's words, but he was right. He was able to feel his friend energy not so far from the city when it exploded. The three-eyed man didn't know what happened earlier, he was surprised when his long haired friend picked him up and drove here, but when the old turtle hermit explained everything, he was little to say shocked. He wanted to speak and say something to the others, but the green man beat him to it "There is no time to lose, I need to resume my training!" Declared Piccolo who walked towards the doors. He passed by Krillin almost knocking him down on the floor when the bald fighter caught Piccolo by his left hand. Piccolo looked at the smaller man with a shock, how dared a lowly human touch him which is why his expression changed into a scowl, but what surprised him even more, was Krillin's attempt to punch him.

"T-That's a lie! Stop talking lies!" Yelled Krillin who with his eyes closed tried to punch Piccolo, but the taller man easily blocked the punch. The green demon strongly held the fist and smirked while Krillin began to cry "I-It's a mistake, it must be! T-The Goku I know would never do something horrible like this" The tears fell down his cheeks, he whimpered while his friends and master carefully observed what the demon would do.

"Then let me explain something, little human... The Goku you know is GONE!" Piccolo shouted across the house so everyone could finally understand and accept what was going on. He didn't care for them or their lives, but even tho he hated to admit he was in need of them. The demon tightened the grip on which Krillin moaned in pain and his three-eyed friend to take a step closer, but a glare from Piccolo forced him to stay put "Goku isn't the same person anymore, his mind and heart are dark! His true self is out and it will only bring destruction if we don't do something to stop him until it's too late!" With a final yell, Piccolo punched Krillin the face which sent the bald man crashing into the wall. Bulma screamed his name and quickly ran towards her friend to check if he was alright while the other fighters were prepared to charge at the demon, but were stopped.

"Tien, Yamcha don't fight him!" Warned master Roshi on which the two fighters glanced towards the old man in confusion. They were about to open their mouths and speak, but the master was faster "I know this hurts a lot, but... we need to face the facts! Goku is... not him anymore and no matter how much it pains me to say this, Piccolo is right" The words that came from master Roshi shocked Yamcha, Tien, and Bulma, but it was something they knew all along. Krillin didn't say a word and moved his head away from Bulma who tried to help him stand up.

"Hmph, at least there is someone smart enough in this group" Murmured Piccolo who's smirk was replaced with a serious expression as the old man walked closer to him. He eyed the old martial artist who was a lot smaller than him and wondered what the old man had in mind "What do you have in mind, old man?"

"A lot of things actually, but I know only one thing and that's the fact that we'll need to work together if we think of stopping Goku and his brother" Stated master Roshi who couldn't believe the words he was speaking. If someone told him that he will need to save the world from Goku, he would laugh and call the person crazy, but sadly it wasn't something to laugh about. His comment shocked the others even more, if possible.

"Master Roshi, you can't be serious! This is Piccolo, we can't just team up with him and fight Goku! That's madness!" Yelled Tien who had his fist clenched as he remembered what the previous Piccolo did to the people and him. He just couldn't bring himself to join forces with him, it was impossible.

"Tien is right master Roshi! This guy is crazy, maybe he's just using some magic to trick us!" Yamcha still didn't accept the fact about Goku so he started talking anything against the demon who couldn't believe what the fool was saying.

"I know it's hard guys, but you'll need to put differences and grudges aside if we want to save the innocent people from dying!" The others didn't say another word which allowed Roshi to continue "So, what you say? What you think of doing, Piccolo?" Asked the old master and waited for Piccolo's decision. The tall demon grunted something and turned away from the old man.

"What I will do is none of your business old human, but even tho it's sickening for me to say this... I agree on teaming up with you" Piccolo was already holding the door knob when he for the last time glanced at the group and smirked, "But after this is over, I'm going to finally take over this world and no one will stop me!" Chuckled the green demon who opened the doors and flew into the sky, leaving the group alone. Master Roshi exhaled the holding breath and turned towards the others who didn't know what to say. The old man tried to cheer them up even a little bit, but he was interrupted by the voice from behind his back.

"Hey, what's that demon Piccolo guy doing here!? If I knew I would meet Piccolo here I wouldn't come in the first place! Damn you Korin!" Mumbled the small yet fat man with a long hair and a sword. He didn't have any intentions of coming here, but the talking white cat forced him to travel here. The small man with the sword surprised the others with his sudden arrival and the only one to approach him was Krillin.

"Y-Yajirobe? What are you doing here?" Asked Krillin who walked towards the fat man while he held the left side of his face with his hand. The punch he received from Piccolo hurt a lot, but it wasn't something he wasn't used to.

"I come here to invite all of you to dinner... What do you think I'm here for, stupid! Korin said that some guy Kami want's all of you right now on the lookout... you know the same place where Goku trained" Explained Yajirobe who was already slowly walking out from the house. He didn't want to have any ties with them and surely he didn't want to waste his time training.

"Kami? Isn't that the guy who trained Goku before the tournament and the same one who created the dragon balls?" Questioned Tien who tried to make sure he connected the things right. Master Roshi just nodded and while the messenger walked out from his house, he turned towards the group and spoke to them.

"Listen, I want all of you to head to Kami's place and train hard with him. While you're there I will visit an old friend of mine" Master Roshi began to walk towards the stairs while the others agreed with the old man and immediately walked out of the house. Roshi was watching them from the window and sighed when he saw them leave. He walked away from the window and opened the closet. He picked the black jacket along with black pants, it was the same outfit he used in the world martial arts tournament. He didn't know how will his meeting go, but he was sure to have a serious word with his old rival.

He didn't know why, why would his dad leave him all alone in a place like this. He was surrounded by nothing but mountains and large forest in the far. There was nothing for him to eat, drink or a warm place to sit. He started once again to whimper, he wanted his daddy back and leave this lonely dangerous place. No matter what his dad and uncle told him, he wasn't strong, he was just a little kid. The constant loud crying only caught the attention of a nearby animal which was passing by in hopes to find something to eat. The young boy was unaware that an animal was slowly closing the distance between them. The beast opened the mouth and revealed very sharp, yet long teeth with which it was sure to kill and eat the prey. The animal couldn't contain itself any longer and ran towards the crying boy. The young boy with a tail heard something and just as he turned his head little to the left, he saw the animal. The boy released a scream and at the last second backed away, only for the animal sharp claws tear through his clothes. His eyes were wide open in fear, but the moment his eyes saw the animal again, he stood up and quickly tried to run away. The animal licked its mouth and with a growl followed the boy who desperately yelled for his father, but it was all in vain. The boy made a mistake and backed himself against the large boulder. He stared with fear at the beast, but he didn't want to die like this, he wanted to live and be with his father and mother.

"G-Get away! I-I don't want to be eaten!" Cried the boy with the tail as he leaned further into the large boulder with each step that the hungry animal made. The animal was only four steps from the crying boy when with a mighty roar, jumped towards its prey with mouth wide open. The boy stared at the approaching beast with fear in his eyes which he suddenly closed as he moved his little hands in front and yelled: "Get away from me!"

He stood in the same place for some time until he opened his eyes. He didn't know how long he was standing like this, but he was surprised that he wasn't eaten. As he opened his eyes, he noticed that his hands were in front and a small smoke coming from them. He didn't understand what happened and when he looked a little bit better he realized that in front of him were nothing but bones. In fear and shock, he fell on his butt and stared at the bones. He glanced back from the bones to his hands when he remembered what happened before he was left alone.

"It's just like before, daddy and uncle were right. I really have the power!" Spoke Gohan out loud who finally realized that he really has the power his father and uncle talked about. He stared at his hands for few seconds when he smiled, he didn't know why and he never felt like this before, but for some strange reason, he liked what he was feeling at the moment. The boy raised his little hands above his head and stared at them while the sun shined over him. Ever since he was left alone, he was for the first time able to smile and not think about his parents.

People screamed in fear, agony, they screamed for help, but unfortunately, there was no one to help. The people weren't even able to try and escape, they just appeared out of nowhere. The destruction continued as the two brothers flew through the blue sky and each time they saw a small town or a village they blasted it. While the older brother here and there fired a few small blasts for some amusement, his younger brother couldn't stop himself. The younger of the two brothers laughed as he fired a barrage of ki blasts and with his eyes wide open observed the fire. He was attracted to the fire, he didn't know what, but something inside of him demanded more destruction. The young one flew away from the destroyed town and searched for another one while his older brother followed. The older brother had a smile, a proud smile on his face as he watched his younger brother destroying a small village. It was just like it was meant to be, the two of them together purging planets and striking fear through the universe. The saiyan snapped from his thoughts when he saw his brother stop, his younger brother suddenly stopped firing ki blasts which confused the long haired man who quickly flew towards him.

"Why did you stop, Kakarrot? I thought you were having fun" Spoke the tall and muscular saiyan who observed Goku with his arms crossed. He still wondered if the younger one was having some conflict about what he was doing. If that was the case, the taller saiyan was sure to fix it immediately, no matter what he needed to do. His younger brother stared at the ground beneath them when he placed his left hand over his stomach and finally turned to face the other man.

"Well you see, I'm kinda hungry" Revealed Goku who's stomach suddenly made a noise. The young saiyan laughed while his brother just blinked a few times as he uncrossed his bulky arms. "I'm starving! Even tho those senzu beans fill you up for ten days, I still get kinda hungry... Can we go and get something to eat, Raditz?" Asked the saiyan as he placed his other hand on his stomach and almost pleaded his brother to agree. Raditz could agree with Goku since even he was slowly becoming hungry, but what he didn't like was the way his brother behaved, it was as he was a child.

"Hmph, actually why not, and since you live on this mudball you should know a good place to hunt" The long haired saiyan agreed with Goku who smiled with joy and playfully hit his brother left shoulder.

"That's great! Follow me, I just know the perfect spot for us to catch something good to eat!" Exclaimed Goku who with a smile on his face flew away from the half-destroyed town while his brother just grunted something before he followed him.

"Would you stop acting like a child, Kakarrot!?" Yelled Raditz who didn't like how his younger brother behaved. It was like he was dealing with a child and not with a grown up saiyan, it almost remained him off... The saiyan opened his hand and created an energy ball which with a mighty roar he fired towards the town. "And finish the job you started!" Raditz followed his brother while behind him a large explosion obliterated the whole town and a good portion of the nearby villages and woods.

The two saiyans were far away from any civilization, they were enjoying their meal which each of them hunted down. Goku found for them a nice spot where they were surrounded by large trees and short grass. Near the place where they decided to take a break and eat was a small river from which Goku caught a big fish while Raditz hunted down a wild boar. The two of them eat in silence and enjoyed their meals until Goku decided to speak.

"So... who's the guy... who ordered... to stay... here?" Asked Goku between the bites. He didn't really think that much of anything else while he was busy destroying stuff, but now that he calmed down, he remembered that his brother received an order to stay here with him and wait for someone to arrive.

"The guy is someone you should address with respect when he arrives on this planet otherwise, I will not even try to save you" Spoke Raditz who threw away the inedible piece of meat and leaned on the tree while he crossed his legs. Goku just glanced in confusion on which Raditz continued "Look, his name is Vegeta and remember, every time you see him or even try to speak to him, you will address him as prince Vegeta, got it!?" Raditz glared towards his brother who almost choked while he tried to swallow the fish. Raditz stared at him unable to believe how foolishly his brother looked while Goku finally managed to swallow the fish and jump on his feet.

"A prince!? He must be crazy strong if he's a prince of saiyans! I wonder how I'll measure up to him" Exclaimed Goku who already started to feel his blood boil with excitement. Even tho he for the first time heard the saiyan name, he just knew that it was someone powerful and he wanted to fight him. While Goku clenched his fists in excitement his brother just grunted.

"Measure? Let me tell you something, Kakarrot. You can't even handle me nor would you pose any threat to Nappa, let alone Vegeta who is by far the strongest of us all! Even if the three of us teamed up, we wouldn't even be able to make a scratch on Vegeta!" Stated Raditz who smirked when he saw his brother shocked expression. He only said the truth, the prince was by far the strongest of them all and any saiyan that ever lived which made the long haired saiyan proud to serve under him. But even tho his prince was strong, that was still not enough which really angered Raditz who's tail without him noticing moved around his waist.

"Wow, but who's Nappa? Is he also coming here?" Goku once again asked Raditz who snapped out of his thoughts and calmed his tail. The long haired man stood up from the grass and slowly walked towards his younger brother who waited for an answer.

"Well, Nappa is the oldest, but he was once a general of the saiyan army which makes it obvious that he is indeed strong" Raditz was in front of Goku who was once again amazed by what he was hearing from his brother. He could barely contain himself, he wanted to meet them both and fight them, but he quickly snapped out of it when he heard Raditz' voice calling him.

"Stop daydreaming and show me that bag with those magic beans" Spoke Raditz on which Goku glanced at him in confusion until he figured out what he meant by that. Goku pulled out the small brown bag from his torn up gi and before he could even look inside the bag, his brother snatched it from him. Goku wasn't pleased how Raditz just took it from him and glared at the taller saiyan who ignored it and looked inside the bag.

"Hmm, there is only three beans... I can't believe this planet has something extraordinary as this" Murmured Raditz who took one bean out and placed the bag under his armor. "This one will do for now"

"Hey, what are you going to do with that bean? Are you going to eat it?" Asked the younger saiyan who was once again confused. He didn't understand why would Raditz use the senzu bean since he wasn't injured. Goku confusion quickly passed away when he saw the look on his brother's face. He didn't like it one bit because it was the same one he had when he threw his son into the mountain.

"No, you will need it, my little brother" Raditz smirk grew bigger as he saw the panicked look in his younger brother's eyes. "You see, when saiyans are deadly wounded and when we recover from it, our power increases tremendously. Are you following what I'm saying?" Goku's eyes were wide open for a moment. He finally realized how he was able to get stronger than the others, it was thanks to his saiyan abilities that he managed to defeat his opponents. A small grin appeared on his face, he was very thankful for that, but his smile faded away when he realized what his brother wanted to do.

"W-Wait a second, you don't mean to..." Goku glanced towards Raditz who's expression told him all. "You actually mean to hurt m..." Goku was cut off when he received a strong punch in the gut which followed with a swift kick in the head. He crashed into the boulder which was ten meters away from Raditz who just smirked while his younger brother barely managed to get up. Goku cleared the blood under his mouth and glared towards his older brother. "That was dirty!" Yelled Goku as he clenched his fists on which Raditz just chuckled.

"First lesson, Kakarrot! There is no fairness when you are out in the universe, you must always be prepared for anything! Second, you slacked long enough on this wretched planet, your training..." Raditz placed his right hand in front on which Goku immediately shifted into defensive stance "Begins right now!" a violet energy orb appeared in front of Raditz's palm which was fired towards Goku whose eyes were wide open in shock when he realized that the blast was too much for him to handle.
Sign up to rate and review this story