Categories > Movies > Harry Potter

Dylan potter

by Harleyquinndj 0 reviews

Her name is Dylan Potter. She is 11 years old and she lives with her aunt and uncle. When she arrives to Hogwarts she meets a seeker from Bulgarian National Quidditch team and a blond slytherin. Wh...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2016-06-15 - 2533 words

0Unrated
Dylan p.o.v

The house, on a Rock Island somewhere out at sea. My family is sleeping, with me on the cold, dirt floor. I drawn a cupcake which reads, Happy Birthday Dylan. I look at my cousins' watch, which beeps 12:00.

"Make a wish" I said then I blow.

Suddenly, the door thumps. I jump. The door thumps again and Dudley and I jump up and back away. Aunt Petunia and uncle Vernon appear, with a gun. The door bangs again and then cracks open, and a giant man appears.

"Who's there? Ahh!" My uncle asked.

I ran up to the man and hit him in the stomach with my head. He falls to the ground with a thud. "I told you had a hard head" said Sam.

The man got up and put the door back up. "Why did you do that?" asked the man. "Because you barged in here!" yelled Dylan.

"I demand that you leave at once, Sir! You are breaking and entering" my uncle said.

The man comes over, grabs the gun and bends it upwards.

"Dry up, Dursley, you great prune" he said.

When the gun fires we all scream.

"Ahh!"

"Mind, I haven't seen you since you was a baby, Dylan, but you're a bit more along than I would have expected. Particularly 'round the middle!" He said looking at Sam.

"I-I-I'm not Dylan" Sam said.

"I am" I said stepping forward.

"Oh, well, of course you are! Got something for ya. I might have sat on it at some point! I imagine that it'll taste fine just the same. Ahh. Baked it myself" he said while Handing Me the box. "Words and all. Heh".

"Thanks" I said after I Open the box there's a cupcake, which reads: Happy Birthday Dylan.

"It's not every day that your young woman turns eighteen now is it?" He said.

He sits down on the couch, takes out an umbrella and points it at the empty fire. Poof, poof! Two sparks fly out and the fire starts. Everyone gapes.

I put the cake down and say" Excuse me, who are you?."

"Rubeus Hagrid. Keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts. Course, you'll know all about Hogwarts".

"Not really."

"No? Blimey, Dylan, didn't you ever wonder where your mum and dad learned it all?"

"Learnt what?"

"You're a witch, Dylan."

"I-I'm a what?"

"A witch. And a thumping good one at that, I'd wager. Once you train up a little".

"No, you've made a mistake. I can't be...a-a wizard. I mean, I'm just... Dylan. Just Dylan"

"Well, Just Harry, did you ever make anything happen? Anything you couldn't explain when you were angry or scared? Ah".

I heard Sam whimper.

Hagrid hands me a letter. I open it.

"Dear, Ms. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts' School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!" I read out load.

"Shell not be going! We swore when we took him in wed put an end to this rubbish!" My uncle said.

"You knew? You knew all along and you never told me?"

"Of course we knew. How could you not be? My perfect sister being who she was. Oh, my mother and father were so proud the day she got her letter. We have a witch in the family. Isn't it wonderful? I was the only one to see her for what she was. A freak! And then she met that Potter, and then she had you and your brother, and I knew you'd be just the same, just as strange, just as ... abnormal. And then, if you please, she went and got herself blown up! And we got landed with you" my aunt said.

"Blown up? You told me my brother and parents died in a car crash!"

"A car crash? A car crash kill harry, James and Lily Potter?"

"We had to tell him something" she said.

"It's an outrage! It's a scandal!" Said Hagrid.

"She'll not be going!".

"Oh, and I suppose a great Muggle like your self's going to stop him, are you?"

"Muggle?"

"Non magic folk. This girls had her name down ever since she was born! She's going to the finest school of witchcraft and wizardry in the world, and she'll be under the greatest headmaster Hogwarts' has ever seen Albus Dumbledore" said Hagrid.

"I will not pay for some crackpot old fool to teach her magic tricks!" My uncle said.

Hagrid whips out umbrella and points it at Vernon "Never insult Albus Dumbledore in front of me".

I look over where Hagrid is looking Sam is eating my cake, Hagrid points the umbrella at her rear. A grey tail grows.

"Ahh!" Sam yelled.

"Ahh!" Yelled my uncle and aunt chasing Sam.

I laugh.

"Oh, um, I'd appreciate if you didn't tell anyone at Hogwarts about that. Strictly speaking, I'm not allowed to do magic" said Hagrid.

I nod.

"Ooh, we're a bit behind schedule. Best be off. Unless you'd rather stay, of course. Hmm?"

I grin, looks back, and grins again.

We get on a two person bike and he flew us to London by midafternoon.

On the Streets of London. Hagrid and I are walking.

"All students must be equipped with...one standard size two pewter cauldron and may bring if they desire either an owl, a cat or a toad. Can we find all this in London?" I said.

"If you know where to go".

We go to a corner store and enter, The Leaky Cauldron.

"Ah, Hagrid! The usual, I presume?" Asked an old man behind the counter.

"No thanks, Tom. I'm on official Hogwarts business today. Just helping Ms. Potter here buy her school supplies" said Hagrid.

"Bless my soul. It's Dylan Potter"

The pub goes silent. A man comes up and shakes Dylan's hand.

"Welcome back, Ms. Potter, welcome back" said a man.
The the hell does he mean welcome back.

A witch comes up and shakes my hand, as well.

"Doris Crock ford, Ms. Potter. I can't believe I'm meeting you at last" she said.

We leave into a back room winery in front of a brick wall.

"See, Dylan, you're famous!" He said.

"But why am I famous, Hagrid? All those people back there, how is it they know who I am?" I asked.

"I'm not exactly sure I'm the right person to tell you that, Dylan "he said Taping the brick wall clockwise with his umbrella.

The blocks shift and open up to reveal a hidden, busy street.

"Welcome, Dylan, to Diagon Alley .Here's where you'll get your quills and ink, and over there all your bits and bobs for doing your wizardry" said Hagrid.

I'm amazed as we pass by shops and owls and bats. I see a broom store, where a group of boys are crowded around a shiny broom.

"It's a world class racing broom. Look at it, it's the new Nimbus 2000! It's the fastest model yet".

"Hagrid, how am I to pay for all this? I haven't any money" I asked.

"Well there's your money, Dylan. Gringotts, the Wizard Bank. T'aint no place safer, 'cept perhaps Hogwarts".

Inside the bank, we walk down the shiny aisle, passing tiny creatures working.

"Uh, Hagrid, what exactly are those things?"

"They're goblins, Dylan, Clever as they come goblins but not the friendliest of beasts. Best stick close to me. Ms. Dylan Potter wishes to make a withdrawal".

The goblin looks up.

"And does Ms. Potter have her key?" Said the goblin.

"Oh. Wait a minute. Got it here somewhere. Hah. Here's the little devil. Oh, and there's something else as well. Professor Dumbledore gave me this. It's about you-know-what in vault you-know-which".

He Hands the Goblin a letter wrapped in string.

"Very well".

Racing down the depth caverns in a cart like structure. The cart stops, a goblin, clambers out.

"Vault 687. Lamp, please".

The room is filled nearly top to bottom with coins. I'm amazed.

"Didn't think your mum and dad would leave you with nothing, now did ya?" "well, yes I did".

We continue on through the cavern.

"Vault 713" the goblin said.

"What's in there, Hagrid?" I asked.

"Can't tell you, Dylan. It's Hogwarts business. Very secret".

"Stand back" the goblin said sliding a finger down the door.

The vault opens to expose a small white stone package. Hagrid hurries in and scoops it up. The eerie light it was shining with disappears.

"Best not mention this to anyone, Dylan ".

I nod.

We walk around on the street.

"I still need...a wand".

"A wand? Well, you'll want Ollivanders. No place better. Run along there, but wait. I just got one more thing I got to do. Won't be long" he said.

I go into the store, quietly. I look around. There are shelves of wands, but no people.

"Hello?" I said softly.

A man appears on a ladder and looks at me. He smiles.

"I wondered when I'd be seeing you, Ms. Potter. It seems only yesterday that your mother and father were in here buying their first wands. Ah. Here we are. Well, give it a wave" he said after giving me a wand.

He hands me another wand and suddenly wind blows on me and a light glows on me. "Curious, very curious" the man said.

"What?"I ask.

"I remember every wand I've ever sold, Ms. Potter. It just so happens that the phoenix, dragon and unicorn, whose tail feather, hair and scale resides in your wand gave one other feather, just one. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand when its brother is the one who gave you that scar".

"Who owned that wand?"

"Oh, we do not speak his name. The wand chooses the wizard, Ms. Potter. It's not always clear why, but I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you".

There is a knock on the window. I turn around and see Hagrid.

"Dylan! Dylan! Happy birthday!" He has a great grey owl in a cage which screeches.

"Wow" I said.

We make it to the London Train Station.

A couple look at Hagrid.

"What're you looking at?" he Looks at his watch "Blimey, is that the time? Sorry, Dylan, I'm going to have to leave you. Dumbledore will be wanting his...well, he'll be wanting to see me. Now, uh, your train leaves in 10 minutes. Here's your ticket. Stick to it, Dylan that's very important. Stick to your ticket" he said.

I look at my golden ticket.

"Platform 9 ¾? But Hagrid, there must be a mistake. This says Platform 9 ¾. There's no such thing...is there?" I look up and Hagrid has vanished.

I walk down to the train and see a woman, daughter, and four boys walk by, pushing carts.

"It's the same year after year. Always packed with Muggles, of course" said the mother.

"Muggle's?"

"Come on. Platform 9 ¾ this way! All right, Percy, you first" she said.

A tall boy with red hair comes forward and runs towards a brick wall. Amazingly, he disappears right into it.

I make it onto the train and

"Fred, you next".

"He's not Fred, I am!"

"Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, George".

"I'm only joking. I am Fred".

He runs through the wall, and is followed by his twin brother.

Dylan shakes her head in disbelief.

"Excuse me! C-could you tell me how to"

"How to get on the platform? Yes, not to worry, dear. It's Ron's first time to Hogwarts as well. Now, all you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous".

"Good luck" said a girl.

"Thanks" said Dylan.

Dylan takes a breath and runs at the wall. She shuts her eyes and emerges on the other side a magnificent station with a red train and bundles of people. A whistle blows, and Dylan sighs with relief.

She made it onto the train and she took a seat in an empty compartment.

A blond, grey eyed light skinned boy.

A Black haired, black eyed and light skinned.

A Brown haired and a light skinned boy appears in the doorway.

"Excuse me, do you mind if we join you?"

"No".

The blond sits next to Dylan

The black haired one sits across from her and the brown haired boy sits on the other side of him.

"I'm Draco Malfoy. They are Crabbe and Goyle".

"I'm Dylan. Dylan Potter".

A trolley comes by the compartment, full of sweets.

"Anything off the trolley, dears?"

"No, thanks" said Crabbe and Goyle.

"Do you have any chocolate frogs?" asked Draco.

She hands his four chocolate frogs and he hands her money.

"What about you?"

"Do you have anything sweet?"

"Oh, yes. Here is some Peppermint Toad, Jelly Slug, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans and a chocolate spiders".

"Thank you" said Dylan hander her the money. She took her candy and sat down.

Dylan picks up the package of bean and looks at it.

"Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans?"

She takes a bean and puts it in her mouth.

"They mean every flavor! There's chocolate and peppermint, and there's also spinach, liver and tripe" said Crabbe.

Dylan quickly takes the bean she was chewing out of her mouth.

Dylan picks up blue and gold package. "These aren't real chocolate frogs, are they?"

"It's only a spell" said goyle.

The frog jumps onto Dylan's lap and climbs up her onto her face.

"What the?"

"Oh, some of them to that. They want to be eaten" said goyle.

She picks up the frog and puts in her mouth and starts chewing it.

"Do you want to see a spell?" asked goyle.

"Sure".

Goyle takes out a piece of paper and takes out his wand.

A girl, with bushy brown hair appears at the doorway.

"Has anyone seen a toad? A boy named Neville's lost one".

"No" all of them said.

"Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see then".

He pointed his wand at a piece of candy and said "Avifors".

The candy turned into a colorful bird. The bird flew around for a few seconds and hit the window.

"Are you sure that's a real spell? The birds don't just hit windows and it didn't last that long? Of course I've only tried a few simple spells myself, and they've all worked for me. For example". (Hermione goes over and sits across from Dylan). She points her wand at her glasses and Dylan tenses "Oculus Repair". The glasses, which noseband is battered, are repaired. Dylan takes them off, amazed. "That's better, isn't it? Holy Cricket, you're Dylan Potter. I'm Hermione Granger".

They shook hands.

"Pleasure. You two better change into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon".

The train blows its whistle and pulls into an outdoor station. Hagrid walks along the side aisle, with a lantern. People begin pouring out of the train.

"Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" yelled Hagrid.

Dylan and Ron walk up to Hagrid.

"Hello, Dylan."

"Hey, Hagrid."

"Whoaa!" said Crabbe and Goyle.
Sign up to rate and review this story