Categories > Original > Drama

There's glory in the saddest story

by Ziggyarmstrong 0 reviews

What was once a beautiful friendship, has become broken and sullen.

Category: Drama - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2016-06-24 - 581 words

0Unrated
The golden glow of the late evening sun as it set, lit up the room. 
Why? Why doesn't she talk to me? It's been half an hour, she's got to have seen her messages by now.
The last few months had been more or less the same. One endlessly messaging the other, updating her, making sure she was okay, only to be ignored.
It would usually be the end of the month, at some ridiculous time in the early morning when she'd get back. Even then, it would only ever be one or two messages before she disappeared for another month. 
It was only recently that this had happened. For the last two years, all day everyday, it was none stop talking. Often it didn't even matter what the topic of conversation was, just talking. 
Something must have happened. Was it me? Had I just been too clingy? Had she got fed up with me? The most likely answer was that I'd just been replaced. Again. It always happened. With everyone. No one really stuck around too long before getting someone else and I was out the picture. It happened so often that I just got used to it, I don't even mind that much anymore. 
But with her, it was different. I couldn't stand the way she always talked about her boyfriend, how he hurt her, how he lied to her but after everything she still went back to him. Why? Such a pure, perfect person like her wasting her time with some low life junkie. 
It's been an hour now. Something's wrong. Something's had to happened. Is she okay? Has he hurt her again? The worst thing is knowing that even if he has, there's nothing I can do. It's half way across country, it's not as if I can just go across to the next street and see her. Truth be told I've never even met her. 
Something has to be wrong! She's not even online anymore. Something isn't right, I can feel it. 



"hahaha! You make me laugh so much sweetheart. I love talking to you. You always know what to say.xxx"
My face lit up, pure joy radiating from me. The urge to hide my face in my pillows was too strong. She often said that I made her laugh. That was about 4 months ago, before things started going sideways, before she got with her boyfriend. 
"haha, thank you. My humour is about the only redeeming quality I posses. And the fact I'm an emotional dumping ground for other peoples problems. Haha. Xxx" 
That was my response, the response I actually wanted to give was about how happy she made means how she always made me feel bright and hopeful. What I actually do, instead of admitting things, was just cover up with some poor vague attempt at a joke. 
"don't be silly, you're more than just that. You're my best friend! You have so many redeeming qualities! Xxx"
Both joy and disappointment overcome me in such a short space of time. The joy is easy to spot, but shortly lived by the sentence 'you're my best friend' it's not that I was unhappy about being her best friend, I loved it. It was just a bit complicated. 

Things had changed over 4 months as she stopped talking to me, little by little. It was around this time when she got with her boyfriend things started to go south. But that's for another time i guess. 
Sign up to rate and review this story