Categories > Movies > Harry Potter

Take me Back

by EmotionalToast 0 reviews

"I just don't understand, how of all places, of all times, and all moments.. You'd choose now to tell me that Voldemort has a son!"

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2016-07-04 - 3294 words

0Unrated
Chapter One: Diagon Alley
“Rose sweetie can you help me with dinner?” Ginerva asks from the kitchen, grinning, but the faint wrinkles in her features showed she was stressed. She sets down multiple dishes of steaming food on the table, and returns to the kitchen to bring out more.
“Of course!” Rose gushes, hopping up from their black couch, and swiftly pulls her coarse, long, red hair into a bun. It was extremely curly, as she had gotten the gene from her mum. Fortunately, her hair eventually began to smooth out as well when Rose’s 4th year rolled around. Her hair had always been super bushy until Rose recently discovered muggle hair products. Since her mum was raised in a muggle family, she still welcomed some of the customs they brought about. Thankfully, they’d been able to find something when traveling into London. You’d think that Victoire would be able to help her out with the whole beauty thing, as her mum was part Veela and so was she, but her beauty was natural. Rose had always envied her long white hair, and still does. She has the prettiest eyes that always glimmered with liveliness and She’s got dozens upon dozens of boys at her her feet, Honestly though who wouldn’t be attracted to her, but ultimately she ended up falling for Nymphadora’s son- Teddy this last summer.
Rose absoloutely loved the Potter house- They have the prettiest living room set up with the modern tones of black, grey and a creamy beige. Unlike the house Ginny grew up in, her home was very organized and put together, all the colors flowed and nothing was ever out of place. There where two black couches on the back wall, , and where a muggle t.v would generally be, was a book shelf, filled to the brim with books. The bookshelf was really the only thing that wasn’t seamlessly put together, but she loved it. It gave the home more of a homey feel, as books where practically toppling over the edge of it. Moving pictures where hanging on the wall, showing off many big family reunions that Molly, her grandmother, often held.
Rose sets her book down on the couch, ‘accidently’ hitting her brother Hugo with the sharp edge. He glares at her and slides ‘Hogwarts, A History’ over to the other side, where she was sitting. Rose watches in dismay as it slides right onto the floor. Clicking her tongue, she picks it up and sets the book on the dining table as she walks towards the kitchen. The book was one of her absolute favorites- Hermione had given it to her daughter ages ago, hoping eventually that she’d pick up on her favorite book, in which she did. She tried to keep her children just as into reading and academics as she was as a student, but it seemed that only Rose picked up on the trait. Hugo is what you’d call, well, Lazy. Other then being on the Quidditch team at school for Hufflepuff, he did absolutely nothing. Hermione always seems to get angry because she has no Help in cleaning up. Hugo’s excuse is- “You know magic, just use it” but as a successful women who works many days in the Ministry of Magic, she didn’t have time to be a slave for her children.
“How can I help?” Rose questions, taking a stack of empty plates from Ginny’s full hands and setting them down on the dining room table. “Can you just spread those out across the table, one for each person, just like that deary.. Bloody Hell - I mean- Argh! Earmuffs children! Uhm..” Rose giggles quietly as Ginny paces back and forth in the kitchen, a look of confusion upon her usual smiley face. “Right, I need one more chair for you, I’ve already got one for Hugo. Harry!” She taps her foot impatiently, tossing which ever food she had in the pan on the stove. “Merlin’s Beard! It’s burning!” She cries, “Aguamenti!” She points her wand at the burning food which is sprayed with a small stream of water. The disgusting smell of burnt food soon flowed through the house, and Harry soon comes tumbling down the spiral stairs.
“What is it Ginny?” Harry bellows from upstairs, jogging down to join his wife in the kitchen. Rose smiles, happy for her aunt and uncle.
Love has always been an awkward thing for her. Rose had always known that she wasn’t gorgeous like Victoire, Funny like Roxanne, or good at sports like James. She’ had always just been the awkward girl who reads books, never getting any attention from guys, as flirting was pretty much a foreign thing. The only person she’d ever taken interest in is Scorpius Malfoy. That’s right- son of the arch nemesis of Her father, and her mother’s least favorite person. Her parents most definitely would kill her if they ever figured out. But it would never come to that- Scorpius has no romantic feelings towards Rose what so ever. It’s completely obviously that she’s been totally friend zoned, as the muggles would call it.
“I need another chair honey!” Ginerva yells over the fan on the stove. “Blimey, Ginny Why can’t you just use magic?” Harry scoffs and mutters a spell, and a chair floats over to the large table from the closet. “Hey! There’s no reason to be lazy, the table is right there, and the closet isn’t far either!.” She snaps and continues back to her cooking. Rose laughs softly, brushing a piece of fly-away hair out her my eyes, and continues setting the plates and silver wear out.
After calling James, Hugo, and Lily downstairs (Albus was with Uncle George) Lily finally sits the last plate of food down, a wonderful smell replacing the wretched burnt one that had filled the air. Everything was still warm, thankfully, as Ginny wasn’t the best at timing, and everyone couldn’t wait to dig in. “Soo..” Lily utters slowly as she passes the bowl of beans to James, looking towards Rose’s aunt and uncle and back at her. “How long are you guys gonna be here? I don’t mean to be rude or anything but I’m just curious.” She states, looking awkwardly between Hugo and Rose. In all honesty, Rose knew Lily couldn’t wait to get her personal space back, and Hugo out of the house- that boy doesn’t know how to shut his mouth, or how to clean up after himself. “Just for the next week, your parents are shipping us off to Hogwarts.” Hugo cuts in, his mouth still full of food. Rose roll her eyes, turning away from him and closing her eyes, squirming in disgust at the sight of chewed up food. “Thank you for letting us stay by the way.” Rose pointed out happily to Ginny, finishing her dinner and scooting the plate aside to make room for her arm. “Of course dear.” Ginny smiles, flicking the dirty dish to the sink with the wave of her wand. “What happened to not being lazy?” Harry provokes mockingly, raising his bushy eyebrows. “Hush.” Ginny snaps, making a shoo-ing motion with her hand, although Harry merely grin, and throws his arm around his wife’s shoulder, pulling her into a side hug and kissing her cheek.
“This is family time, and besides I absolutely hate doing the dishes, it’s a dreadful time. Touching all of that old food.” Ginny shudders, and Hugo chuckles, setting his plate on top of a growing stack of plates. Ginny waves her wand again, and James watches as the plates float to the sink, and begin cleaning themselves.
“So tomorrow,” James questions, tapping his fork against the ceramic plates, earning a stern glare from his mum.
“We head into Diagon Alley correct?” He finishes and Lily raises her eyebrows towards her mum, obviously wondering the same thing. “Correct.” Albus practically sings, strutting into the dining room, his new bangs covering his eyes.George’s laugh could be heard as he shut the door and apparted out of their home. “So mum-“ He begins and his dad groans, wondering how his son could possibly change styles this many times in a week. “I’m really liking the sort of checkered, skinny jeans look. I think it’s what the muggles call ‘emo’… or is it scene.. maybe punk? I dunno but its brilliant!”
Lily giggles, pulling her bright red hair up into a bun with a spare hair-band she had on her wrist. Her mum sends her a stern look, and turns to Albus. Rose holds back a giggle as a forced smile finds Ginny’s lips. “I like it honey, I’m glad you’re happy.” Ginny takes a deep breath through her nose, before smiling.
Harry snorts after holding in a laugh for so long, and covers his mouth, attempting to mute a strikingly loud laugh. “Harry!” Ginny nudges him roughly in the side. “I think, I think it’s great.” He nods, and covers his mouth as he quickly grabs the pile of dishes. He then hurries out of the dining room. Albus angrily turns around and scrambles up the stairs, screaming “You don’t understand me dad!” The rest of them chuckle as he stomps up the stairs, every step being heard. Rose smiles, leaning her head against the wooden chair. Hugo smirks at her, a short giggle leaving his lips.
Later that night Rose laid awake in bed, staring at the ceiling. It was well over midnight and She couldn’t sleep, even after trying to read multiple books, practicing spells, everything. The moon was almost full, and hovered right outside of Lily’s window- or at least it felt that way.
Rose had always loved full moons, Rose found them extremely calming, everything seemed to be still on those nights, the moon so big and beautiful in the sky. Thunder boomed in the distance, but it was so far away it barely even made a sound. Lightning flashed across the sky, and grey clouds hovered in moonlight.
Quietly, Rose shuffles out of bed, throwing the edge on the blanket over her and onto the ground. She tiptoes across the squeaky wooden floor, following the shadow that was casted by the moonlight. “Bloody Hell!” She cusses, stumbling over a waste bin and landing on her knees. Using the wall to help her up, she stumbles out the door and down to the kitchen. “Lumos” She scowls, watching as the light flows from her wand, she uses it to guide her to the light switches and the kitchen, and flips on the switches.”Nox” Rose says as she sits down, setting her head in her hands. She begins to wonder, and the thought of Voldemort enters her mind. Rose flinches, wondering if everyone was truly safe. Although the war was years ago, things still didn’t seem to be the same. Every year at Hogwarts the teachers seemed to become more and more frigid, more homework was given with the hopes of keeping students entertained and from looking around.
“Rose?” Harry mutters, trudging into the kitchen, his shirt wrinkled and pajama pants dragging on the floor. “Blimey.” He squints, flipping off one of the light switches, “Why are you up this late?” He tilts his head, joining Rose at the table. “I dunno I guess, just got lost in thought and couldn’t find my way to sleep.” Rose mumbles, fiddling with her wand. Harry nods, remembering the days back at Hogwarts when he wondered the castle late at night.
“How’s Mione?” Harry asks his niece, cracking his knuckles under the table. Rose shrugs, “I mean I guess they’re alright..” She sighs, missing her parents. The Potters where taking care of Rose and Hugo, as both Hermione and Ron where on important trips for work, that would last months at a time.
“I honestly, well you guys are great and all.. But I really miss mum and dad.” Rose blurts out, looking down at the floor, where Harry’s leg bounced up and down. “I understand.” Harry grins, but he was extremely distant, as if he was off in another world. Rose nods, letting a soft sigh leave her lips. Harry gives her a short nod, before rubbing his eyes and returning upstairs.
Rose sighs, wishing she could apparate out of here and find her mother and father. She was a 7th year though, there couldn’t possibly be a reason for her to be worried. Her parents where gone all the time, though generally it was after Hugp and her had left Hogwarts. She had to give her parents credit, they where brilliant wizards, and had invented several spells themselves.
The next morning Rose awoke on the couch, a quilted blanket spread over her. Ginny was in the kitchen, along with George, Roxanne, Fred II and Angelina. Roxanne was sitting on the counter top, her legs swinging back and forth. George was talking too bloody loud, and was continuously laughing along with Harry who was sitting at the table, mug of scalding coffee in his hands.
Rose grumbles, wishing that she could cast a silencio charm on George without getting yelled at by Ginny. She was 17, so of course now she could use spells outside of Hogwarts, and she was very well going to do so. She sputtered out a few words that would make her mother slap her upside the head, before throwing the blanket off of her and moving upstairs to change.
“Ouch.” Lily croaks, a bang ringing through the room as she slams her head into the wall. “Bugger.” She growls, rubbing the sore spot on her head. “Oh sorry.” She chuckles, turning to see Rose enter the room. Rose gives her a small smile, grabbing a spare change of clothes and heads towards the bathroom.
Once changed, Rose begins to leave the bathroom, pushing the sleeves up on her grey sweater. A deep breath leaves her lips as she lets go of the doorknob and leans up against the wall, crossing her arms over her stomach. She felt so distant, as if something she loved would surely come to an end. Her head turns to the side, and she gazes out the window above the loo. Several houses where lined up next to the Potters, it was your typical neighborhood.
Everything was the same-
And she hated it, with every single bone in her body.
Flowers lined the neighbors yard’s, beautiful colors that would eventually fade, and wither to nothing. Rose didn’t care too much for temporary things, because she knew eventually they would become nothing, just like angry, happiness, all emotions. Nothing ever seemed to last- it didn’t matter how happy you are, nor how disappointed you are. Eventually the event will be over, and you have to move on.. because you have no choice.
Shaking her head, Rose exits the room.
‘Those thoughts are posion.’ She reminds herself, running a hand through her curls. Harry calls her downstairs, standing in front of the brick fireplace. “To Diagon Alley.” James mutters, watching as Albus evaporates into green flame. The rest of the family follows, all landing in the Leaky Cauldron. The wizards and witches in the bar nod to the family, smiling as they pass through.
“Where to first?” George asks, heading towards Flourish and Blotts. “Well, I’ve graduated.” James states, who worked at George’s shop in Diagon Alley, “And I’ve got a shift right now, so I’m going to head on over.” James winked at Rose, before heading towards the orange and purple building.
“Well then, To Flourish and Blotts?” George asks, watching as Ginny and Angelica wonder off towards a local café. “Well that leaves us.” Harry sighs, opening the door to Flourish as the family wanders into the shop. Rose grabs her school books, which weren’t too many as she was graduating this year. After paying for them with the extra money Hermione has supplied her, she finds herself shuffling through the stacks of books, mesmerized by the smell of fresh parchment and.. mint? Rose turns around, coming face to face with Scorpius Malfoy.
He stands, dressed in a black sweater, with fitting black jeans. She smiles, timidly hugging him. “Hey.” Rose grins, her mood lighting up as the platinum blonde pulls her into a deeper hug. His arms wrap around her waist, and Rose relaxes, feeling right in his arms. She pulls away abruptly and playfully pokes his stomach. “Where have the hell you been all summer, you tosser.” She dares to stay, picking a book off one of the shelfs. “don’t be such a stranger.”
Scorpius grins, his white teeth shining brilliantly in the light. “Dads been keeping me on lock and key all vacation after I casted a Jelly-legs hex on some sort of important client of his, he was quite annoying I would say.” Scorpius chuckles, leaning against the wooden staircase. Rose smiles, flipping through a book she’d had her eye on for awhile. Scorpius looks down at her, tilting his head as she scans through the book incredibly quickly.
“Rose?” Albus worries, sorting through the books to find her. He chuckles seeing his best friend standing next to his cousin. “Scorpius!” Albus grins, pulling him into a sort of hug. “Whats up my man?” He chuckles, doing an odd handshake with him. “Spent a summer locked in the manner.” Scorpius rolls his eyes, completely turning his attention away from Rose. She sighs, and finds her way over to Roxanne who was flipping through the new spell books, groaning at what they would be learning this year.
“Hey.” She gulps, her eyes widening at the long description of what N.E.W.Ts where. “Whats the matter?” Rose’s eyes brighten and she sees Scorpius move towards her. Rose sets her books down by George, Roxanne doing the same, “Just the upcoming year you know, test and- Hey where are we going?” Roxy yelps as Rose grabs ahold of her hand. Rose merely laughs, being dragged by Scorpius out of the shop and into the busy streets.
“Dad!” Roxanne shouts as she’s pulled out of the shop, “We’ll be back before 4:30!” Scorpius chuckles as he leads them through the crowded alley, Albus trailing behind closely. “Oh my god!” Roxanne chirps, pointing to Magical Menagerie. Rose smiles, feeling an urge to walk into the animal shop. “Let’s go!” A bright smile appears onto Roxy’s face as she and Rose head into the shop.
“Oh Merlin..” Rose whispers, watching as a gorgeous white, fluffy cat follows her finger as she slides it across the glass. “Roxanne come look!” She drags her cousin over to the glass cage. “She’s so pretty!” Roxanne smiles, giggling as the cat rolls over onto her stomach. “Look she’s only 10 galleons!” Roxy gushes, her eyes gleaming.
Rose walks out of the shop with a large white cat minutes later. Her eyes fill with joy as she holds it in a small cage, deciding to name it Sam. It was an ordinary name, but it fit the cat, who had large innocent eyes.
“Aww!” Albus cooes, sticking his finger through the bars on the cage, petting the cat. Scorpius rolls his eyes and puts his arm around roses waist without thinking. She shivers, feeling an instinct to lean into him. He suddenly pulls away and awkwardly hovers over by Albus.
“So that’s how its gonna be.” She sighs.
Sign up to rate and review this story