Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Everything She Does Is Magic

Fighting Already?

by CatLikeThief 0 reviews

Finally, they get so see Hermione at the hospital.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hermione, Ron - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-08-26 - Updated: 2006-08-26 - 1814 words

-1TrainWreck
"Hurry up Ginny!" Ron yelled up the stairs.
"I'm coming, I'm coming," Ginny said.

Ron sighed. Mrs. Weasley, Harry and Ron waited for five more minutes. Ron kept yelling at her every five seconds. Ginny stormed down the stairs exasperated.

"With all the hurrying, Ron, one would think you were going to see you girlfriend," Ginny said to him as she passed him.

Ron blushed and looked at the floor. Harry smirked. Mrs. Weasley had apparently not heard her since she immediately walked towards the fireplace and grabbed some floo powder.

"Harry, go first, dear," Mrs. Weasley said. She handed him some powder.
Harry nodded and took the powder from her. He threw it in the fireplace and stepped in. "Hermione Granger's house," he yelled and disappeared in a blur of flames.

The rest did the same until they were all standing very dusty in the Granger's living room. They looked around but there seemed to be no one in the house. They had registered Hermione's house to the floo network the year before. They all agreed that it was a better way for her to see her parents while she was at Godric's hollow.

"Mr. Granger," Mrs. Weasley said.
"Mrs. Granger," Harry yelled.

There was no one in the house. They decided to wait for them in the living room. Half an hour later, Mr. and Mrs. Granger got home. They all got up to greet them. They were both very surprised to see them there.

"Well, we were just going to go there, I don't have to go to work today," Mr. Granger said after he was asked about how to get to the hospital where Hermione was.
"Thank you," Mrs. Weasley said.
"Yes, thank you," Ron said.
"Well, let's get in the car then," Mrs. Granger said.
"You mean we're actually going in a muggle car?" Mrs. Weasley asked.
"Well, yes," Mr. Granger said.
"Oh, how exiting," Mrs. Weasley said.

Mr. and Mrs. Granger laughed. They all got in their van, since they wouldn't fit in the car. They drove to the hospital where Mr. Granger led then though the aisles towards Hermione's room.

"Here it is," Mr. Granger said as he stood in front of a room that had a big 412 in front of it. He went in first, Ron directly behind him, then Harry, Ginny and Mrs. Weasley at the same time, and finally Mrs. Granger.

Hermione looked up from what she was reading. She put the paper down and smiled at her dad. Then she noticed the fiery red hair behind him.

"Ron," She said. Ron smiled and ran up to her and gave her a hug. Hermione closed her eyes just enjoying the moment of having him so close to her. She could feel the heat of his body radiate to hers. She sighed. A few seconds later Ron drew back and looked in her eyes. He smiled.

After Ron had hugged her, Ginny did. Hermione smiled as her friend drew back and smiled at her. "How are you?" Ginny asked. Hermione didn't have a chance to answer since Harry had gone to hug her.

"Well..." Hermione started to say, but it was Mrs. Weasley's time to hug her. She let go, and Hermione smiled at all of them. "I'm feeling better. How are you?"
"We're all great," Ron said, so fast that no one else had a chance to talk "we've been waiting for you to get better. We were all better in a few days. They can treat injuries faster at St. Mungos"
Hermione smiled. "How come you brought me here?"
"Mum said that it was better," Ron said, "Your parents would want to know how you were and all"
"Oh," Hermione said, "what happened?"
"Well, what's the last thing you remember?" Ron asked.
"Being at Godric's hollow and ready to find Voldemort after finding the last Horcrux" Hermione said.
"Well," Ron said, "we were ready to leave, when Voldemort appeared there. There were a lot of Death Eaters and only three of us"
Harry continued, "Ron used his patronus to call Order members and they came really fast. Meanwhile, you and I were trying to hold them off by talking to them, while the others came"
"Then the battle started. You wouldn't believe how many hexes and curses were flying around, it was hard to dodge them all. We don't really know, but we think you were hit from behind, because suddenly you fell backwards on the floor, rigid" Ron said.

Hermione grimaced. Harry continued the story, "Ron was going to go get you, but Death Eaters would have taken advantage, so I told him no. Sorry. So, we kept fighting, until Voldemort ordered them all to step back"

"He wanted to fight with Harry only," Ron said, "So we all stood back. I went to get you, and then they fought. It was awful, knowing that we couldn't help him"
"So, I fought with him. And he left a few scratches here and there. Then the same thing that happened during 4th year happened again. Our wands connected, but it was different. When they were connected I could feel the magic draining from me. It's hard to explain, but I felt like liquid was flowing from me and into the wand, making me weaker and the wand stronger. We kept this up for a moment. Then, a green lay of light left the tip of his wand towards me"

"We all thought he was done for," Ron added.
"And the light started going backwards on him, and it looked like his wand was being broken in half. I looked at him in the eyes. He was looking back at me with anger in his eyes, and then, suddenly, his wand left his grip and broke into a million pieces"

"None of us knew what happened," Ron said.
"Then, as if someone was taking him, he started going. It was like he was part of the breeze, though there was none. He started to 'vanish'?" Harry looked at Ron and he shrugged.

"Is he... dead?" Hermione asked.
"We don't know," Mrs. Weasley intervened.
"Everyone's happy thought," Ginny said.
"They sure are," Ron said smiling.

Ginny scoffed. "Ron and Harry are like celebrities there. We can't go out normally because girls start crowding them and we have to leave"
Hermione laughed. "We were in the Daily prophet," Ron said looking at the floor. "You weren't there because we were unconscious"
"That's fine," Hermione said smiling, "I'd rather keep my privacy"
"But you should be recognized," Harry said, "you did a lot of the work"
"Well, I think that might have to go unnoticed" Hermione said, "I don't want people swooning over me"
They laughed. "You really don't" Ron said making a face.

They stayed there talking to her and explaining what some healers had said. Ron told her that they had said that it would be fine to bring her to the muggle hospital. Hermione was very happy from seeing her friends again. Mrs. Weasley, Harry, Ginny, and Mr. and Mrs. Granger went down to have lunch. Hermione said she didn't want to be alone, so Ron was the first to say that he would stay. They would bring the food up to him when they were done with theirs.

"So," Hermione said after they had left, "are the girls crazy over you?"
"Yes," Ron said truthfully, "It's a pain"
"Really?" Hermione said surprised.
"Well, sure, I have fun, but it's not the same as normal girlfriend," Ron said.
"And you would know because?" Hermione asked.
Ron looked at her annoyed. Yes, he hadn't had a real girlfriend, besides Lavender, but she didn't have to throw that in his face. "What I think and what I don't think of a girlfriend is not your business" Ron said angry and looked away from her.
"Sorry, Ron," He heard her say sadly.
"It's OK, Hermione," He said still not looking at her, "I shouldn't have answered in the first place"

They both stayed quiet for the rest of the time, until the others got there. Ron couldn't believe that they had only been together for two hours and he had already had a fight with her. Well, it wasn't really a row, he told himself. He didn't know why but Hermione made him so angry sometimes.

Mrs. Weasley handed him his food and he ate in silence for the rest of the time they spent there. Hermione was talking to Harry and Ginny, and Mrs. Weasley was having a very funny conversation with Mr. and Mrs. Granger about computers. Ron stayed in silence sitting on the chair and looking out the window.

At around 5 p.m. Mrs. Weasley said it was time to go. Mr. Weasley was coming home early and she had to be home to have dinner ready for him. Harry, Ginny, Mrs. Weasley hugged Hermione and left. Ron simply said bye to her and left the room. Harry and Ginny were surprised by this.

They got to burrow, five minutes before Mr. Weasley got there. Harry, Ginny and Ron were sitting in the living room and Mrs. Weasley was in the kitchen trying to make a quick dinner for her husband.

"What's up with you, Ron?" Ginny asked.
"Nothing," Ron said looking at the floor.
"You should have seen Herm's face when you didn't say goodbye to her," Ginny said.
"I did say bye," Ron said.
"You know exactly what I mean Ron!" Ginny said, "You act like you like her so much when she's not around, but when she is you don't treat her like you should"
"That's not your problem Ginny, is it?" Ron said.
"But she's my friend," Ginny said, "I don't want to see her get hurt"
All this time Harry had stayed quiet watching the two fight with each other. He would wait until they were in Ron's room to ask him what happened with Hermione. Meanwhile, Ginny was still talking to him.

"Ron," Ginny said trying to get him to look at her, "RON!" Ginny yelled.
"What the fuck do you want Ginny?" Ron asked looking at her for the first time.
"Tell me, why can't you be nice to her when she's with you?" Ginny said.
"I don't want to bloody tell you, and I won't" Ron said getting up and running up the stairs. He slammed the door to his room.
"What's happened?" Mr. Weasley said walking in the room.
"Nothing," Ginny said.
"Arthur," Mrs. Weasley called from the kitchen, "Dinner's ready"
Mr. Weasley walked out of the room. Ginny looked at Harry. "What's wrong with him?" Ginny asked.
"I dunno," Harry said.
"Why is he like that?" Ginny asked.
"I really don't know, Ginny," Harry said.
"Please talk to him," Ginny asked him.
"I will," Harry said getting up and walking upstairs to Ron's room.
Sign up to rate and review this story