Categories > Original > Mystery > Can We Be Friends?

Back Again

by QuadeNomen 0 reviews

Tae comes home

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2016-07-30 - 5500 words

0Unrated
Going back home hurt more than Tae thought it would. When the news was announced in court (and Marina’s family started crying) a single image popped into Tae’s head. He hadn’t meant to think of Jungkook with his bright smile showing his teeth that were just a little too big for him (in the best way of course) and it made his stomach sink. While his parents sighed with relief and his lawyer clapped him on the back, all he could think about was Jungkook: Jungkook as a kid, Jungkook laughing at something they said, Jungkook saving Tae from a bully… Jungkook running away from him terrified…
That day ended and everything changed.
Just like that, he could go home. It didn’t feel right. Sitting in the back of his parent’s car for the first time in near nine months, Tae felt guilty. He shouldn’t be in a car. He should be in prison. He shouldn’t be dressed in normal clothes; he should be in orange. And though he’d never confess to being guilty and though he’d waited for the moment when he wasn’t imprisoned for so long, it felt unnatural.
He sighed and leaned his head against the window, watching the familiar landscape fly past him. He recognized some people walking out of the grocery market and down his neighborhood. He wondered if they recognize him too.
Of course they would. Everyone would.
Tae sighed again and tried not to think about it, pulling the sleeves of his plaid shirt (that was, once again, too large for him) up to his wrists. When they drove past Jungkook’s house, Tae promised himself he wouldn’t look only to immediately break that promise. The blinds were drawn and windows closed. Even their usually open garage was now shut tight. Tae almost asked if they still lived there, but then didn’t. He didn’t want to know the answer to that.
Would he have stayed? Probably not.
Tae felt his stomach drop just one more time before they pulled into their driveway. He walked out of the old Subaru and through the front door, stopping just one more time to look back at the window belonging to Jungkook’s room. Maybe he imagined it, but he could’ve sworn he saw the blinds moved. He narrowed his eyes before turning and ducking inside his house, parents just behind him.
What he didn’t see were the two wide eyes peeking from behind closed blinds waiting for Tae’s car or the boy who jumped back at being caught.

Jungkook didn’t sleep well that night. Or the following night. Dread filled his every day, as he knew he’d face Taehyung at some point. It was easy to avoid Kim Taehyung as he was now: in his room, in his house, closed away. But what about in a week? What about when school started?
“You can’t stay in here forever, you know,” the familiar voice of Park Jimin makes itself known. The boy strolled into Jungkook’s darkened room like he owned the place. He threw the window open.
Jungkook hissed against the light, pulling his covers up over his head. The lack of sleep has left him with a pit in his stomach and a pounding headache and he was not in the mood.
Jimin plopped down on the edge of Jungkook’s bed, shaking the younger boy’s shoulder. Only older than Jungkook by a couple months the boy never missed a chance to rub his seniority in. Jungkook shook his friends efforts away, sinking his head into his pillow.
He remembered why he’d kept the blinds closed.
He stood up so fast his vision splotched and for a second he swore he entered some sort of alternate galaxy of swirls and patterns before everything calmed back down and he could see again. He rushed to the window and almost yanked the string to close the blinds.
But then he saw Taehyung and he froze.
“What’s wrong?” Jimin stood by him a second later.
Both boys looked across the street to where Taehyung sat, bent over something on the steps of his porch. He wore his large plaid shirts and large jeans: the most common thing he got handed down from his dad and distant cousins and the cheapest thing they could find at thrift stores. Jungkook had always hated Tae’s parents. If they didn’t why a kid, why would they fucking adopt one?
“Oh, right,” Jimin said.
Jungkook pulled the window closed again, trying to shake of the feeling growing in his gut over seeing the boy again. It was fear –– definitely fear –– but was there a possibility that there was something else to the pit in his stomach? Before he could think about it more, Jungkook shook it off.
Jimin plopped back down on the edge of Jungkook’s bed. “He was sitting out there when I walked over. Watched me the whole time. He’s weird.” Jimin sounded just a bit too carefree as if he were talking about a normal student and not a known murderer.
Jungkook looked after Jimin as his small fingers started to mess with the Rubik's Cube that usually sat on Jungkook’s nightstand.
“Aren’t you afraid of him?” Jungkook blurted out the question before he could think. While him and Jimin were close and while Jungkook trusted the boy with just about his life, he had never trusted him with Tae. Jungkook never spoke of the neighbor boy to Jimin and Jimin had never pressed him to.
Jimin shook his head. “They found new evidence. They let him go. That has to mean he didn’t do it, right?”
Jungkook was thinking back to the night in the woods before he could stop himself. All the things Tae said that night; He might as well have just admitted the crime to Jungkook. And his crying. How he kept saying, “sorry.”
Jungkook felt sick.
“Junggie?” Jimin had latched onto the nickname the first time he had come over and heard Jungkook’s mom use it. “Are you afraid of him?”
Spreading the blinds with his fingers, he peaked down at the boy on the steps. Tae was no longer bent over but had his head bent up, eyes looking to the sky and mouth hanging open. He thought he knew Tae better than that, but, then again, he’d thought the same thing before Tae pushed him out of his life. How was it that even after all this time remembering what Tae did to him still stung in his chest?
Jungkook let the blind fall. Was he afraid? “No,” he answered. But he still couldn’t shake it. He was the one who had called the police, who hadn’t helped Tae, who’d run off –– that had all been him. Maybe Tae had a grudge against him. Maybe he was angry.
Jungkook slouched back into his bed, pulling the covers up over his face.
Jimin scratched at the side of his head. His light brown hair was pushed back and somehow Jimin had the power to always look good, even on a Saturday when Jungkook was planning on wearing bed-head until Monday. “Hey, Junggie,” the tone in Jimin’s voice was cautious and it made Jungkook peek out at him from his covers. “What happened between you two? What happened that night?”
The times he’d been asked that question had gotten out of hand. Part of him wanted to be angry that the one person who hadn’t asked him that was now asking. The other part knew it was unfair to expect Jimin not to be curious. If anything, the fact that the shorter boy had respected his privacy enough for this long to not ask was surprising in itself.
Jungkook grunted, pulling his chin to rest it on the covers. He didn’t think he was going to speak, but then he was. Words spilled out of his mouth, but he kept it simple, not going too far back, just recalling the phone-call and how he ran out there and what he found… how he’d called the cops.
“Oh,” Jimin said when it was all over. “So you think he did it?” Jimin turned to him.
Jungkook kept his gaze forward. Did he? Did he really? That night he had. But now?
“I don’t blame you,” Jimin said. “That’s pretty incriminating.”
But it didn’t matter if it was incriminating or not. Kim Taehyung was back, and soon (so very soon) he’d have to face him. Jungkook shoved his face back into his covers willing his brain to stop thinking and mind to stop feeling.

At the beginning of the week Jungkook’s mom offered to transfer him from Ridge-Thorn High to Allison Academy (a thirty minute drive from his house and a peppier school with higher fees). Jungkook thought she was overreacting and turned it down. By the time the next Saturday rolled around, Jungkook wanted to take the offer.
Jimin kept him sane. He was over everyday, distracting Jungkook with video games and new TV shows. They stayed away from the news and they stayed away from going outside.
After a week, Jungkook thought it would be easier, but it wasn’t. And never had he been more terrified for a first day of school.
Saturday night Jimin let it slip that Kim Taehyung would be held back a year due to the fact that he did not finish the grade before going to jail. That meant he was now the same grade as Jungkook.
Jungkook didn’t sleep that night.
He set his alarm for five in the morning and was dressed and ready by six. He shoveled a bowl of cereal into his mouth before grabbing his backpack and jacket and leaving. If he left now he could avoid running into Taehyung on the walk to school.
Across the street in the growing light of day, Tae’s bedroom light was on, a figure shuffling around behind it. Jungkook’s stomach flopped. He turned his head and kept straight, not looking back until his feet had carried him all the way to his school. He sat on a bench outside. Still having a good hour before other people would begin showing up, Jungkook decided to rest his eyes for a couple minutes.
“Junggie,” someone shook his arm and Jungkook’s eyes shot open. He bolted into the sitting position. It was just Jimin. He relaxed.
“Yah,” Jimin looked him over. “You don’t look good. Did you sleep at all last night?”
Jungkook rubbed at his face.
All around him were his fellow high schoolers. He blinked trying to remember when they’d gotten there. His phone screen said it was seven thirty-two. His first class started at eight. He yawned and pocketed the device.
Someone pointed in his direction and he became aware of just how many people were looking at him. Everyone seemed to be talking. More people than usual standing outside.
Jungkook turned his gaze to the ground. “Why are they staring?”
“Oh, um,” Jimin forced a laugh, but his tone was anything but humorous. “People have kinda started talking about whether Tae’s going to kill you or not for getting him sent to prison.”
Jungkook whipped to face him so fast he could’ve sworn he got whiplash from it.
He was shaking. Standing, he tried to wave Jimin to follow him to their first class, but then all the whispering and all the voices fell silent. Jungkook’s hair stuck up on the back of his neck, his stomach twisting up and he knew.
He turned around. In his overly large clothes, Taehyung was walking with his head bent down and hand holding his backpack in place. He walked fast, not looking at anyone, his lips pressed and eyes wide. He looked innocent, almost carefree.
But he wasn’t looking where he was going and he almost walked right past Jungkook.
Jungkook held his breath as the boy passed, but then Tae stopped. His head turned up and his large eyes looked straight at Jungkook.
Jungkook froze.
The whole school seemed to hold its breath with him as if Tae would spend his first week of freedom pulling a knife out to gut the boy in front of all of them.
Tae opened his mouth as if he was going to speak and Jungkook turned his gaze to the ground. He stayed like that for a while, willing the other boy to leave. Risking a glance up, he found Tae pouting. The boy really hadn’t changed at all.
“Kim Taehyung,” a teacher called.
The boy turned with raised eyebrows and held up his hand. A young woman, tall and skinny, crossed over, her high heels clicking against the concrete. She looked him over before giving a nod of her head. “Come with me.”
Tae nodded, stepping to follow. He let his eyes linger on Jungkook for just a moment more before he was bounding up the steps and through the school doors.
“Whoa,” Jimin said. “Are you okay?”
Jungkook felt sick.
“You look pale.”
Jungkook nodded. He pulled his friend’s arm and turned, ready to walk to class.
Through his first and second classes, Jungkook’s leg frantically bounced under the table. He was waiting for Tae to walk through the doors into the room, but the boy did not. Maybe Jungkook would luck out and they wouldn’t have a single class together.
That hope died when after sitting down in his chair for literature, Kim Taehyung poked his head in from the door. The room fell silent. Jungkook was going to vomit.
“Ah, right,” their teacher, a middle-aged man with graying hair stood straighter. “Tae-hi-ung,” the man butchered Tae’s name.
Tae just grinned, not even bothering to correct him.
“Listen up class,” the man started. Kim’s smile died away to a cringe. “Tae-hi-ung it you’re fellow classmate now and I expect no trouble from any of you.”
Tae scratched at his head, lips pursed until they disappeared. When the teacher stopped talking he moved to take a seat. He walked right past Jungkook, looking at him all the while. Jungkook kept his gaze forward, refusing to meet Tae’s again.
Tae took the seat one to the left and one behind Jungkook. Throughout the entire class, Jungkook could feel Tae’s glance on his back. The moment the bell rang he had his things in his arms and was running from the room. He didn’t stop until he almost ran into Jimin.
Jimin grabbed his arms. “Hey, what’s wrong?” he looked concerned, his huge eyes gaining with worry, head bending down to look up at his friend.
Jungkook was shaking his head. “I can’t do it. I can’t be around him like this.” It was too hard. It brought too much back.
“Why? What happened?” Jimin’s eyes somehow got bigger. “What did he do?”
“Nothing,” Jungkook shook his head, his entire body shaking in Jimin’s hold. “He didn’t do anything. But every time I look at him I remember and I don’t want to remember.” He was so close to crying.
Jimin stiffened, wide-eyes looking past Jungkook. He straightened and pressed his lips together.
“What?” Jungkook asked, turning to see what had caught Jimin’s glance.
Taehyung stood just behind them, hand holding the strap of his backpack over his arm. He looked at Jungkook and gave a small nod. He walked past and didn’t turn back.
Jungkook felt terrible, sick even. The whole day he wanted nothing more than to go home. During lunch, he watched Tae sit alone in the crowded room at a table with no one else at it. Kids sat on the floor to avoid sitting with him. Jungkook couldn’t help but watch how sad Tae looked, or look after him as the boy stood, tossing out his untouched food before walking from the room.
Tae was already so skinny. He shouldn’t not be eating. Jungkook shook his head at himself. Why did he still care?
Jungkook looked down at his own plate, understanding where the boy was coming from. He had no desire to eat either.
When Jungkook got home that day, his mom was waiting by the door. The moment he walked in, she smiled at him. “How was school today?”
He knew what she meant. He knew what she wanted to know.
He shrugged. “It was school, this time with a killer.”
“Junggie,” she soothed. “It’s going to be alright.”
“He keeps looking at me,” Jungkook shook his head. “I wish he’d stop. It just makes me feel guilty.”
“You have nothing to be guilty for.”
That was a nice reassurance, but it didn’t change a single thing.
Tuesday came far too soon. Jungkook woke up at five again and got their by seven and while he knew it was necessary to avoid running into him, he was beginning to regret the idea because it had only been two days and he was exhausted.
Slumping back into his bench, he debated whether to close his eyes or not when a figure walked right past him, stopping short.
A wide-eyed Taehyung whipped around to look at Jungkook. For a moment, both boys just stared at each other. Tae turned on his heels and ducked into the building.
So maybe coming so early in the morning to avoid Tae wasn’t the best idea. Since –– as it would turn out ––Tae had the same idea to avoid everyone else.
Tae didn’t stare at Jungkook; he didn’t even look. In the halls, he kept his head down ignoring every comment thrown his way, every question of “So did you do it?” and “Why’d you do it?” He never flinched, never looked up, and never seemed to care. Jungkook didn’t know how he was doing it.
When lunch came around, Taehyung didn’t even try to find a seat and just left the room with his tray in hand. Lunch came to an end and with Jimin just behind him, Jungkook started to their next class. In the hallway were the lockers, against the lockers Tae sat, hair ruffled, cheek red and tears shining in his eyes. His tray was on the ground. MURDERER spray-painted into the locker behind him: his locker.
All around him a crowd had formed, all trying to catch sight of what had happened. The crowd only drew more people in than necessary.
An upper class man stepped forward. Jungkook knew him from around; his name was Yoongi or something like that. He was like him, Tae, and Jimin: Asian, so Jungkook had noticed him. And he had noticed that the boy always kept to himself and always looked ready to kill. So when Yoongi stepped forward, Jungkook cringed on Taehyung’s behalf.
Yoongi knelt down and grabbed Tae’s arm, yanking him to stand. “You’re blocking my locker,” he said. “And clogging up the hall.”
Yoongi knelt down and opened the locker that had to be his. The crowd, seeing that nothing more would happen, began to disperse. Jungkook did not. Even when Jimin tugged his arm, mumbling a, “Come on, Junggie.”
He wanted to make sure Tae was okay.
“You okay?” the upperclassman asked Tae.
Tae whipped to look at him, eyes widening. “Mm,” he nodded his yes.
“Good,” Yoongi closed his locker, books in hand, “Make sure you clean that up,” he motioned to the red lettering. And walked away, stopping to narrow his eyes t Jungkook and Jimin, the only two left in the hall.
Jimin squeaked under Yoongi’s glance, cowering behind Jungkook’s shoulder. Yoongi grunted and walked away.
“Jungkook, come on,” Jimin tugged at Jungkook’s arm. “We’re going to be late.”
Whatever had rooted Jungkook to his spot let go and he found himself falling into line behind the other boy who still held his arm, cast worried glances over his shoulder every so often. Jungkook’s inner monologue demanded that he did not look behind him at the boy. He did anyway. Taehyung stared after him. Jimin pulled him around the corner and the taller, lankier boy disappeared from sight.
After that, the teasing only grew worse. Jungkook saw it in fleeting moments: like when their teacher left and ten people collectively stood up to surround Taehyung, demanding answers of his past.
“So, what did the girl do, huh?” one asked.
Tae bent his head down and Jungkook could see him shutting off, pushing everything away. It was how he coped, how he survived –– how, even despite everything, he could still seem okay.
“Did she turn you down?” another guy asked, prodding Tae’s cheek.
“Come on, don’t ignore us.” The biggest of the group grabbed his hair and yanked his head up so that he was forced to look.
No one stood up for Tae. Because everyone was afraid.
In the hallways, Tae was often thrown to the ground, kicked in the ribs. It got to the point where Jungkook couldn’t even tell which bruises came from school and which from home. Tae never complained, not once.
“Jungkook,” Jimin waved his hand in front of his face. They walked through the hallways to leave the school. It was a Friday and the weekend was theirs. It had been three weeks since school started, it all felt like a blur. “What’s with you?”
“Hm?” Jungkook turned to Jimin. “What do you mean?” Maybe it had been a blur because Jungkook just kept shutting everything out. He’d put an insane amount of effort into his schoolwork, getting all A’s on his assignments–– something really incredible for him, even if it was only for two weeks.
Jimin shook his head. “If Taehyung’s really affecting you this much, you should just transfer schools.”
“What?” Jungkook stopped to look at him.
Jimin had a pout in his face, hands clasped at the straps of his backpack. “I mean it,” he said. He was determined. And when Jimin got determined, it could be terrifying. “You’ve been sad –– depressed even –– for weeks now. You haven’t been this bad since Taehyung was arrested in the first place. You’re miserable and it makes it hard to be around you.”
Jungkook looked to the ground. “Nobody’s making you stay.” He knew it was harsh the moment after he said it.
Jimin whipped around so fast it made Jungkook jump. Mouth hanging open, the boy looked astonished. “I’m staying because I’m your best friend!” his outburst made some people turn their way and Jungkook ducked his head. “I’m staying, because I care about you. Damnit, Jungkook.” Jimin shook his head. “You know what, walk yourself home. Call me when you snap out of it.” And just like that the shorter boy was gone.
Jungkook sighed, turned and went into the bathroom. He splashed his face with the cold water from the faucet. He did it eight times before wiping the water away with the paper towels by the side. He took a minute to breathe, took another to remind himself that Taehyung wasn’t his concern. The boy wasn’t bothering him, hadn’t even tried to talk to him outside the first day. He was okay. He didn’t need to worry. And he needed to stop being so upset.
It was easier said than done.
One part of him just wanted Tae out of his life for good.
The other wanted to go back in time and make everything right.
He pushed himself up from the sink and left the bathroom, walking past the school grounds to the place he knew as home.
Crossing over the football field, his surroundings were quiet. Everyone else had left by now accept a couple loners still back by the doors. He was completely alone, and that had him on edge. Before Taehyung, nothing exciting happened in Thornbrush –– not ever. Walking around in the middle of the night hadn’t even been a daunting prospect, but now –– after everything –– it felt eerie.
Jungkook wished Jimin hadn’t left him alone.
Stepping from the field, he found his pace on the sidewalk that led all the way to his house (if you knew which turns to make). On one side there was a paved road, on the other were dense trees. Jungkook used to love all the woods that surrounded the small town, but not anymore. Not for nearly ten months actually.
He walked along the edge closest to the street and kept his eyes on his feet, just glad it was still day.
He heard the footsteps, but he didn’t pay any mind to them. It wasn’t like the place was uninhabited; he was strolling through a neighborhood. He wasn’t in the mood to face anyone, so he decided pretending not to notice was the best option.
A hand clapped over his mouth, an arm wrapped around his midsection and before he could even scream he was dragged into the trees. A branch smacked him in the face and his attacker pushed him into the ground, hand still pressed over his mouth.
His back digging into an indent in the ground, the bush behind him catching on his hair, Jungkook’s eyes widened when he saw Taehyung bent over him. Sweat covered his brow, his palm leaving a salty taste against Jungkook’s mouth. Tae licked at his lip in the nervous habit he’d had for years. Eyes scanning over the bush they were behind, he seemed to see something because his gaze widened and he ducked down.
Jungkook became incredibly aware of how Taehyung was just about straddling him and the fact that ducking down the way he was, Tae’s face was just a couple inches from his own.
Voices filled the air just feet away and Taehyung cringed. Jungkook tried to look up, but being pinning into the earth made that difficult.
“He went this way,” Jungkook knew that voice only too well. He’d known it for years and knew it belonged to Jacob: the kid who used to pick on Tae and Jungkook back in their elementary and Junior High days. The moment Tae returned to the school it seemed like Jacob had found a new target. It didn’t take an idiot to see that. “I know he did.”
Their footsteps ceased and they were so close. Taehyung looked desperate.
“You think he went into the woods?” one of Jacob’s goons asked. Jungkook had stopped trying to keep track of their names. It always seemed like Jacob was switching out the people he kept by his side.
A twig snapped as one of them stepped closer. Taehyung was pleading Jungkook with his eyes and Jungkook understood, though he was sure his heart was beating out of chest like a cartoon characters.
“You go after him then,” Jacob said.
“Are you kidding?” a third person asked. “In the woods? Dude,” he lowered his voice, “that’s where he killed Marina.”
There was another moment of silence as if they were pondering.
Jacob spoke, “Well, he’s probably gone by now anyways. Way to let him get away.”
Their voices faded alongside their footsteps. Only once they could no longer be heard did Tae remove his hand from Jungkook’s mouth. That’s when Jungkook saw how much Tae was shaking. He pushed back, off of Jungkook’s lap and sat on the ground, gasping for the air he couldn’t take in before.
Jungkook’s heart pounded like a rodents. He’d honestly thought that was the end for a moment.
“I’m-m s-sorry,” Taehyung stumbled in his speech, keeping his gaze adverted. He looked up at the sky and bared his teeth in a cringe as he grasped his side. “They were coming and I,” he took another gasp, “didn’t know what else to do.”
“It’s okay,” Jungkook sat up, pushing himself to his feet and brushing his hands on his pants.
Taehyung still knelt on the earth and though Jungkook knew he probably should, he didn’t leave him.
When Tae finally looked at him, he almost seemed to be examining Jungkook, waiting for a reaction. Jungkook wanted him to say something –– he didn’t know what –– just something. There has to be something Tae wanted to say to him. Like, sorry I traumatized you for life after shoving you out of my life without a good reason. Or maybe something like: you know that girl everyone thinks I killed; guess what I didn’t do?
Tae stood up, mouth still agape in his intakes of air, his eyes lingering on Jungkook.
Jungkook was waiting.
“I’ll walk you home,” Tae shoved his hands in his pockets and stepped out of the brush back onto the sidewalk. He stopped and turned to wait for Jungkook to follow.
He hesitated, but ended up doing it. What else could he say? He was obviously going home and they lived across from each other.
Most of the walk was in silence. Jungkook had forgotten how much Tae’s eyes wondered around when he walked, or how he usually left his mouth hanging open, or swayed in his steps. He’d forgotten all of it, but standing a stride behind it was too easy to remember.
They turned into their street and Tae’s pace slowed. Jungkook didn’t notice it until he’d caught up to the boy.
Tae turned to him. “Do you hate me?”
The question caused Jungkook to stop walking altogether. He grabbed at the strap of his bag and looked away. “I- I…” he stopped. He didn’t need to explain himself to Tae, not after everything. He looked up at Taehyung and narrowed his eyes. “Why do you care?”
Tae stuffed his hands further into his pockets, rocking on his heels. “I wouldn’t blame you if you did. But I hope you don’t.” He peeked up from his overgrown bangs.
Jungkook had so many questions and his mouth opened to ask them, but he closed it without making a sound. He sighed and answered Tae’s question, “I don’t know.” He looked at the ground.
“That’s fair,” Tae spun on his heels and started down the sidewalk again.
Jungkook fell into pace behind him. Again, Taehyung stopped, spinning to face him. “Two things,” he held up two fingers. “I want you to know you were the best friend I’ve ever had and probably will ever have,” he put one finger down. “And I’m sorry.” He dropped his hand. “I’m so sorry for everything.”
He turned around and hurried away before Jungkook could say another word, rushing past two houses and turning and stumbling over the front lawn of his house.
Jungkook kicked his foot into the ground, grunting in frustration. Stupid, dumb, idiotic Taehyung. Why did he have to say that? Who couldn’t he just let Jungkook forget him in peace? He supposed he wasn’t doing too well on the forgetting part, but Tae saying that certainly didn’t help.
He went home, where his mom asked him how his day went and he responded in the same way he had every time she asked: “Same as yesterday.” Going up stairs, he flopped onto his bed and dialed Jimin’s number.
It rang twice before the boy answered. “You better be apologizing.”
Jungkook smiled despite himself. He took a deep breath, rolling over on his bed. “Jimin, I am sorry.”
“Oh, thank god,” Jimin said. “What took you so long?!”
Jungkook chuckled to himself.
“I’ve been dying to talk to you. You’re never going to believe who I saw walking home. Yoongi! Min Yoongi! That scary senior that’s always hanging out with the other scary senior. I think he might’ve been buying drugs or something –– why else would he be in my neighborhood? It was just weird…”
And Jimin went on and on as if they’d been apart for weeks rather that an hour. Jungkook made a silent promise to try to be happier for Jimin’s sake, because the idiot deserved that at least. During the phone call, he gave up hope on telling Jimin what had happened, telling himself he’d do it the next day. After the phone call ended with Jimin saying he was coming over tomorrow to show him a new game, Jungkook remained in bed. Eyes on the ceiling, he had only one thing on his mind:
And that one thing was Kim Taehyung.
Sign up to rate and review this story