Categories > Games > Mario > Bittersweet

Chapter 10

by Male-Expansion 0 reviews

...

Category: Mario - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2016-08-22 - 1856 words

0Unrated
Everything around Mr. L seemed to stop and fade into oblivion as he caught sight of Mario. He could see the little wolf standing there next to a patch of flowers, playing with a lone butterfly he had found.

Without thinking, the black-clad figure started walking towards him, keeping very quiet. He really wanted to say something to Mario, even if it was just a simple greeting.

And an apology for what might have happened that night...

+++

The soft sound of crunching grass made Mario look up from the butterfly he had found. He expected it to be Peach with the lemonade, but to his surprise, it wasn't. There was no one in front of him.

He looked around, just to make sure he wasn't hearing things.

Nothing.

There was nothing to see.

Then...where was that sound coming from...?

He turned back to the butterfly, but the small winged creature suddenly opened its wings and flew away, obviously noting something that Mario wasn't.

The soft noise of crunching grass made him look up again. This time, it was louder and clearer, much easier to track.

His sensitive wolf ears detected it from a 90° angle, so he turned to the right-

-and came face-to-face with Mr. L's silver eyes.

"Y-You...!" he cried out in shock, suddenly losing his balance and falling onto his backside. He anxiously backed away from the black-clad figure, whimpering in fear.

"Wait, wait, Mario, it's alright!" Mr. L frantically tried to say.

"Don't hurt me, p-please...!" the little wolf cried out, holding his arms out as if to protect himself. He did not want a repeat of that one night.

"I'm not gonna hurt you; I just want to talk!" Mr. L said, taking a step closer. He held out his hands, meaning no harm.

Unfortunately, Mario saw his uprising hands as a threat. He squealed in fright and tried to back away even more, but then he came into contact with the green bushes behind him. He was trapped.

Trapped, just like he was before.

"Please, just listen to me!" Mr. L said. "I just wanna say-"

"No, don't!" Mario cried out, not listening to Mr. L at all. His mind had taken him back to that one night, the night full of bloody pain and cruel laughing. The memories were so vivid and detailed, he thought he was actually going through it again. "S-Stop it!"

The way Mario was shaking, Mr. L panicked, thinking he was having a seizure or something. He ran forward to help, but then his foot tripped over the spade Peach had set down. He lost his balance and fell on top of Mario.

+++

Meanwhile, Peach had just opened the back doors of the castle, holding a small metal tray with two glasses full of cherry lemonade, complete with ice and those mini umbrellas. She hummed quietly to herself as she walked through the flowered bushes, the ice softly clinking in the glasses.

"I hope he likes it, since this is a new recipe I'm trying out-" she was saying to herself when she suddenly heard the little wolf scream. Right after that, she heard someone else speak out.

"Oh, no!" she said, fearing the worst. She quickly set down the tray of lemonade on the ground (since she did not want them to break), then quickly ran to where she heard the scream sound out, her feet making dull thuds on the grass. She didn't know who the other person was, but she wasn't about to let them harm Mario in his current condition!

She came around the newly-flowered bushes just in time to see Mr. L jump on top of Mario, who was panicking beyond comprehension. Seeing this drove her mind into hyper-drive and made her temper boil.

"Get the hell off him!" she shouted as she dashed over and pried Mr. L off Mario. She swung him over to the other side, making him crash to the ground on his back. Then she quickly stood in front of Mario, shielding him.

It took a few seconds, but Mr. L got back up on his feet, his balance shaky. He was about to say something, but Peach cut him off. "No! Get away from Mario!" she hissed. "Don't you dare hurt him!"

"I-I wasn't gonna hurt him!" Mr. L finally managed to say. He held up his hands as though he was being arrested. "No harm!"

"Then what are you doing here?" Peach asked, not trusting his words at all.

"I just w-wanted to talk, alright? I haven't seen him in about a month, and I wanted to see if he's alright-"

"He's fine, okay? You can leave now," Peach said firmly. She knew how Mr. L had quite the hots for Mario, but she wasn't about to let him harm the little wolf because of his unpredictable actions.

"No, he's not. I know he's not!" Mr. L said, his voice raised a little.

"Damn right you are. He started freaking out when you arrived," Peach retaliated, pointing to Mario, who was now crying into his hands.

"He didn't see me walk up to him, okay? He got scared. But I'm not here to hurt him!" Mr. L defended himself. The black-clad figure was about to say something else, but then he caught sight of something: Mario's belly looked much rounder than the last time he had seen him. It looked tough and swollen, as if he had a tumor in there or something.

"Why does his stomach look like that?" he asked, his eyes widening. "Does he have a tumor?"

"No, Mario is fine," Peach said. She didn't want to tell him that the little wolf was pregnant. Why should he know?

"But it's round and swollen! There's something in there!" Mr. L insisted.

"I'm telling you, he's fine," Peach contradicted. "He might have gained a few pounds, but that's none of your business."

"I don't believe you," Mr. L said, his eyes narrowing. He could tell from the princess's tone of voice that she was lying. He started to take a step forward, but Peach quickly reacted.

"Don't take another step closer!" she warned in a stern voice.

Mr. L immediately froze and was about to retract his foot, but then he realized something. This woman had no control over him. She couldn't tell him what to do and expect him to obey like a trained dog! Just because she was a princess didn't mean he had to obey her every command just like one of her idiotic mushroom-headed servants.

With newly found courage, he took more steps forward.

"Stay back, I said!" Peach said again, curling her hands into fists.

"And who are you to stop me?" Mr. L only said, still coming forward.

Seeing the black-clad figure getting closer to her was starting to unnerve the princess. She broke out in a nervous sweat as she frantically tried to think of something. Looking down, she noticed the spade that was on the ground. Peach swooped down quickly and grabbed it, holding it in front of Mr. L as though it were a knife. "I'm not saying this again: Get away from Mario!" she said fiercely, though her voice trembled a little, giving away her true feelings of fear.

Mr. L merely scoffed at the little spade in her hand. He walked right up to her and grabbed her by the side of her arms, pulling her into the air; her feet inches off the ground. Peach was so scared by this that she was rendered motionless. What would he do to her?

"You cannot stop me from seeing Mario. You cannot stop me from doing anything!" he snapped at her, tired of her brash attitude. "Now, so help me, you are gonna answer my question: What the hell is in his-?!"

A loud THWACK suddenly resonated in the air, startling the two. Immediately, Mr. L let go of Peach and fell facefirst onto the ground, unmoving. Peach herself lost her balance and fell too, but she quickly regained her footing and stood up again, breathing hard. Even Mario looked up from his tears to see what had made such a loud noise.

In front of them stood Luigi, holding a shovel in his hands. He, too, was breathing hard as he set it aside and walked towards them.

"Sorry for bursting in like that. I was coming outside here to feed the Chain Chomps..a-and I heard shouting. I looked over here, and I saw Mr. L grab you, which of course scared the life outta me! I ran over here, grabbed the nearest shovel...and gave him a good whack on the head," Luigi sheepishly explained, rubbing the back of his head. Then he turned to Peach. "Did he hurt you?"

Peach shook her head. "No...I'm fine," she said. "I was afraid he was gonna hurt Mario, so I stood up to him. But then he called my bluff, and he started coming over here real fast and grabbed me. But then you showed up." She breathed a sigh of relief and gave Luigi a small hug. "Thank you, Luigi."

"Don't mention it," the green-clad sibling said as they pulled apart. "I wouldn't let him hurt you or my brother."

Peach and Luigi turned towards the unconscious black-clad figure on the ground. "What do we do with him?" the princess asked.

"I know I just whacked him on the head with a shovel, but it wouldn't be nice of us to leave him like that," Luigi said. "I'll take him to the medical wing so he can rest there."

"And I'll take Mario back inside," Peach said, nodding.

+++

At that moment, Mario suddenly let out an airy gasp. Both Peach and Luigi heard the sound and rushed to his side, thinking it was a gasp of pain.

"What's wrong, Bro?" Luigi asked, concerned.

Mario winced as he placed a hand on his belly. "S-Something just moved inside me...!"

It took Peach and Luigi a second, but then they understood.

"Oh, Mario, it's the baby!" Peach said excitedly."The baby?" the little wolf asked in awe.

"Yes, Bro, it must be starting to kick now!" Luigi replied.

"This is wonderful!" Peach exclaimed. "It means that the baby is developing even more by the minute! It might even be able to hear us by now!"

Interested by this information, Mario looked down as his rounded belly, his eyes widened. "Um, hi..." he said awkwardly to it, waving his hand a little.

The developing fetus responded with another kick that made Mario wince.

"Oh, honey, are you okay?" Peach asked.

The little wolf nodded. "Y-Yes, I'm fine," he said, his voice a bit shaky. "But it f-feels a little funny, especially when it kicks..." He winced again as he felt the fetus move once more. "Look, it's moving again!"

Without further ado, Peach and Luigi placed their hands on his belly and waited. After a few moments of silence, their eyes widened in delight as they felt swishing movements inside.

It felt wonderful to finally hear something from this tiny child...
Sign up to rate and review this story