Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Playing the Angel

L Bombs

by Noizchild 0 reviews

April and Kyosuke's Christmas shopping trip ends in awkward confession from Kyosuke in an Italian restaurant.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2016-08-25 - 521 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Two: L Bombs:

December 18th, 2010.

April invited Kyosuke to go Christmas shopping with her.

"Thanks for coming out with me today," she said.

"You're welcome," he said. The shinigami smiled to himself. He found joy in spending time with April. They had gotten closer ever since they opened up about their families.

"Who are you shopping for?" Kyosuke asked.

"Let's see," April said. "Watari-san, Charlotte, Takashi, Tatsumi-san, Hisoka-kun, Tsuzuki and his wife…"

"And?"

April counted up in her head. "That's about it, I think."

"What about me?" Kyosuke gave her a little pout.

"What about you?" she asked. "Why would I take you shopping for you on this trip?" Kyosuke frowned.

"Oh," he said. April giggled at him.

"Also, I can't tell you if I got you a gift or not."

"Did you?"

Her face came within inches of his. "I. Can't. Tell. You." She walked ahead of him, smiling. Kyosuke stood blinking.

"Huh?" he asked.

April took the lead for this trip. Kyosuke happily followed her around, carrying the bags. He got lost in his mind at different points. Mostly thinking about his crush. April had a strange energy surrounding her. He didn't know how to handle a girl like her. Still, Kyosuke felt drawn at her. He can't keep up, but he tries anyway. April turned to him, smiling.

"Where do you want to eat?" she asked.

"Hm?" Kyosuke asked.

"Where do you want to have lunch?"

"I don't know."

"It'll be my treat. Just pick anywhere."

"Anywhere?"

"Anywhere." She looked at him so intently. Kyosuke dug in his brain for something simple and enjoyable for them both.

They wound up at an Italian restaurant. April looked well at home. Kyosuke kept looking around at the red 1950's setting.

"I've never had Italian food before," he said.

"Are you serious?" she asked. "Why is that?"

"Couldn't afford it. Mitsuko kept a tight hold on our money."

"I'm sorry to hear that." April looked at her menu. Kyosuke eyed her manicured light purple nails. Her adventurous nature seemed to inspire something inside of him. He gulped as he tried to think of how to say it.

"April," he said in a shaking voice.

"Uh-hm?" she asked, not looking up. Kyosuke shut his eyes.

"I love you, April Robinson!" he yelped. "I really love you! Please date me!" The English shinigami dropped her menu with big eyes. Kyosuke suddenly wanted to sink into the floor. His face turned red as he bit his lower lip. Come on/, he thought. /Please say something.

"Good afternoon," a woman said. April whipped her head around. A waitress dressed in a brown and yellow uniform stood by their table, smiling. She pulled out her notebook.

"Welcome to Little Rome," the waitress said. "My name is Yoko and I'll be your serve today. What can I get you to drink?"

"Red wine!" April shouted.

"Same," Kyosuke mumbled. The waitress wrote down their drink orders.

"Okay," she said. "I will be back with your drinks in a few minutes." The bubbly waitress turned and walked away, leaving the couple trapped in painful silence, struggling to speak.
Sign up to rate and review this story