Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Ghost of a Rose

Grateful

by FenikkusuAi 0 reviews

Misaki goes out; Kabuto wonders.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2016-09-04 - 1301 words

0Unrated
Of course, there was a change of plans. Outside, Chouji started begging to go to a Korean barbeque and Misaki relented. She had never been inside a restaurant so she supposed that her choice didn't matter much. Though a grill was as good as any a place. She could supposed that she could eat dumplings and stew at any time.

As soon as she entered, she was surrounded by the scent and sounds of sizzling of meat. She reflected that these animals-the prey-had sacrificed their lives for these plates. Her companions didn't understand just how much she could relate to them. But, for the moment, she was safe.

Just sit. Be happy.

Misaki relaxed in her booth. It seems that she would be here for a while. Stuck between Ino and the secretive hooded boy she could not name. From afar, she watched the other diners place the sweet pink meat on the grill so that it would smolder.

Trial by fire.

If you lingered in the flames too long, you got burned. A lesson she could and probably would learn.

Ino turned to her. "Misaki, this is Aburame Shino of the Aburame clan." She gestured to the newcomer.

Misaki didn't know of them. She didn't know of any clan besides her own. Well, she was still new to Konoha after all.

"The Aburame clan is a notable one," Shino spoke suddenly.

Misaki was confused. "Oh, how?"

She wished she could see his eyes from beneath his shades. It was...unnerving. Misaki twisted her hands under the table.

Would Kabuto be interested in this?

"We are known for out insect jutsus. I can show you."

Shino held out his arm, and she was unprepared for what happened next.

Misaki watched in mute terror as a beetle burrowed out of a pore. His body must have been full of them. She watched as the bug settled itself on his finger.

"Put that away!" Ino shrieked. "Misaki doesn't need to see that!"

"It's gross," Choji declared. "This is a place of eating." Defiantly, he jabbed a finger on the tabletop.

"I wanted to demonstrate my abilities," Shino responded calmly

"Demonstrate them somewhere else! Like outside!" Ino pointed a finger towards the door.

Misaki ducked her head. Outside. Where the snakes lived. As much as she could deny reality, Misaki knew that she could deny it forever.

But for now it was nice. Here, she had the illusion of friends.

The server then delivered their raw uncooked meats and a few side dishes. Ino delivered a quick lesson on how to seize the meat with the chopsticks and hold it over an open flame. It had to be cooked, but not cooked for so long that it blackened in the fire. Misaki absorbed her instructions and set herself to the task.

As she concentrated on browning her dinner, Misaki's ears registered heavy footsteps. Her ears were the most sensitive part of her. Someone was approaching their table. Her heart began to race, but yet, she could not leave.

"Corrupting my niece, are ya?"

Misaki recognized that voice.

If only Ibiki could see that it was the other way around. Misaki could corrupt them.

Timidly, Misaki looked up. She immediately noticed how Ibiki towered over her. He was the tallest shinobi that she had seen, even taller than the pale man.

A wave of foreboding overcame her before, but she shook it off. It was a remnant of an old nightmare. She reminded herself that it couldn't hurt her.

"Ibiki-sensei!" Ino called. "What are you doing here?"

"What else?"

Misaki took note of sake in his hand, and she wondered if he was drunk or near it. Ibiki supposed one had more than need to relax to be Konoha's top interrogator.

"Don't stay out too late," he advised them with a grin. "It's a school night."

"Understood!" Ino nodded.

Ibiki nodded. Was he...proud that she was socializing? Though Misaki noticed that the other patrons edged away ever so slightly as Ibiki walked past. Misaki supposed that it was because of his scars. Or his reputation.

As Misaki chewed her meat, she followed bits and pieces of the conversation until something caught her attention.

Shino rested his chin on his hands. "Well, I've heard rumors about some Akatsuki members nearby."

Misaki frowned.

Akatsuki? She had never heard that word.

"So close to the village?" Sakura queried before sipping through her soda straw.

"It's just a rumor," Shino assured her.

Sakura scowled. "We should tell Kakashi-sensei."

"I'm sure he already knows," Shino replied He was beginning to look weary that he had even brought up the subject at all.

"Or Ibiki," Misaki suggested.

Misaki immediately clamped her mouth shut; she hadn't meant to say it out loud. She couldn't draw attention to her mission.

She was already horrible as a spy. It was hardly a surprise.

"Good idea, Misaki!" Ino beamed. "You should become more involved with intel. Ibiki is your uncle after all."

Her table had mistake her interest for responsibility, but it was intended for a more sinister purpose.

Misaki didn't even know who the Akatsuki were or what they had done to Konoha. The pale man hadn't even told her what to find out.

If only Ino knew what was buried in her thoughts. On the surface she was happy and normal with nothing to hide and yet...

She wondered when the warmth would inevitably turn cold. She wondered when or if ever she truly belonged.

As soon as she swallowed the bite, she decided it would be an excellent time to try out playing her role further.

"So, who are the Akatsuki?"



---



Kabuto's orders had been to check on Misaki. He swore that the girl needed to be monitored every hour like an infant. With a deep sigh he walked to the room and just hung frozen in the doorway. All he could do was stare.

The wench was clad in nothing but a emerald green bra, panties, and a garter belt that held up a sheer pair of stockings. The stockings were embroidered and he noticed how her fingers lingered there at the top of her thigh. Normally, he would wonder if she was too stupid to get dressed. But, in truth, Kabuto's brain jammed this time.

As she followed his gaze, Misaki became a coquette in mere seconds.

"They're bluebells!" Misaki giggled at the embroidery as if they were the design was the funniest thing in the world.

Kabuto became flushed. They were around the same age after all, and they had been bestowed with the same hormones

Fatal attraction?

He supposed that it could be said for him as well as for her.

A bit breathless, he watched as she walked over to him. Misaki bit her lip...

Kabuto awoke with a start.

Bluebells...

Gritting his teeth, Kabuto punched the pillow. He wanted to destroy his subconscious.

Kabuto's thoughts automatically ventured to a book of flower symbolism to decipher Dream Misaki's words. Bluebells meant gratitude. Was his dreams telling him that Misaki was grateful?

Of course, this revelation could not be tested. It wasn't scientific. And he couldn't tell Orochimaru-sama either.

He himself harbored no such thoughts of lust towards her. Dreams meant nothing. They were merely collected thoughts that had been gathered throughout the day, and Misaki had been on his mind quite a bit.

Or was it a an ability that she had? Yet, it was such a silly notion. Little Misaki wasn't talented enough. Kabuto was sure he had seen the full range of her abilities and that wasn't saying much.

She was still an unworthy tool. An unworthy kunoichi. An unworthy being...

In truth, Kabuto was livid. Somehow, someway, she had managed to make him dream of her face.

He could never forgive her.
Sign up to rate and review this story