Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Playing the Angel

Spellbound Duel

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki and Asmodeus meet up for their duel. (Not my strongest work.)

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Byakko,Touda,Tsuzuki - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2016-09-27 - 650 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-One: Spellbound Duel:

December 16th, 2010.

10:00 p.m.

Tsuzuki straightened his tie. The Mother sat on the bed.

"You sure can do this?" she asked. "We could take your place."

"No," the shinigami said. "I have to do this." He turned to her eyebrow raised. "It's not like you to worry about me like this."

The Mother rolled her eyes. "I don't. Anna made me ask."

"Thought so." He walked over to his wife. "It's nice to see that you care." She turned away, blushing.

"Shut up!" the Mother said. "Just come back alive, okay?"

"But I'm already dead."

"You know what I mean, idiot!"

Tsuzuki kissed her once. "I'll come back I promise." He turned and walked out the room. The Mother puffed up her cheeks.

"You better!" she shouted as the door swung closed. "Idiot."

Midnight.

Asmodeus didn't give Tsuzuki much to go on. He had no idea where this duel would be. The shinigami stepped out into the hall. However, he wasn't alone.

"Who's there?" Tsuzuki asked. Lilith stepped out from around the corner. Her eyes seemed to burn a hole into his soul.

"Oh, it's you," he said. "You here to pick me up for the duel?" Lilith turned and walked away.

"Hey!" Tsuzuki shouted. "Wait!" He ran after the silent woman. She didn't even look back.

"Damn it!" the shinigami shouted. "Hey! Hey!" They both disappeared through a dark veil.

Tsuzuki opened his eyes and looked around. Misty black clouds floated around him. The shinigami tried to push them out of the way.

"Lilith?" he asked. "Where did you go?"

"Welcome, Tsuzuki-san," a voice said. The shinigami looked ahead. Asmodeus walked forward.

"So glad you arrived," he said. "You didn't disappoint me." Lilith came over to his side.

"Thanks for bringing him here, darling," the demon of lust said. "You are dismissed." Asmodeus kissed Lilith on the lips before she vanished. He turned his focus back to Tsuzuki.

"Well then," Asmodeus said. "Shall we begin?" The shinigami drew out his fuda.

"What are your terms?" he asked.

"Three beasts. No weapons. All three beasts will fight at once. Last one remaining wins."

"No dirty tricks?"

"Of course not."

Tsuzuki eyed him sternly. "Alright."

"Good. We shall begin." Asmodeus held out his hand. "You first."

"Byakko, go!" Tsuzuki shouted. The white tiger appeared once again.

"That's one," Asmodeus said. "Two more."

"After you."

The demon of lust, smirked. "Very well." He waved his hand upwards. "Mei, go!" Black lights and smoke spilled onto the floor. Tsuzuki blinked confused.

"Huh?" he asked. A giant red snake appeared at Asmodeus' feet. The demon of lust smirked.

"You like?" he asked. "She is my snake familiar. Call your next shikigami." Tsuzuki summoned Suzaku and Touda. Asmodeus in return summoned a cow and a dragon. The lust demon held out his hands.

"Go on," he said. "Make your move!" Tsuzuki gritted his teeth.

"Byakko, attack!" he shouted. The white tighter sailed towards the snake. Mei lifted her head and opened her mouth. Byakko flew off to the right. The mist hit his back right paw, turning it into black stone.

"Byakko!" Tsuzuki shouted. His tiger landed on the ground. The owner gritted his teeth.

"Oh, did I mention that Mei's poison turns anything it touches into stone?" Asmodeus asked. "It can't be undone until the duel's over."

"That's dirty!"

"No. That's just how she fights."

Mei opened her mouth again. This time, Byakko opened his mouth and shot off a ball of energy. Tsuzuki focused his attention Asmodeus.

"Why are you doing this?" he asked. The demon of lust smirked.

"Why am I doing this?" he asked. "Because…" Asmodeus held out his arms. "I am going to eat her!" Tsuzuki went pale as he trembled.

"No…" he said.

"Once my spell sets her free, the feast will be mine!"

"You're insane!"

Suzaku went straight for the cow staring at her.
Sign up to rate and review this story