Categories > Anime/Manga > Digimon > Digimon Frontier: Spirits of Evolution

An Average Group of Not-So-Average Kids

by mpuppy4 0 reviews

Introduction to the Digidestineds.

Category: Digimon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Davis,Kari,Ken - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2016-10-17 - 784 words

0Unrated
Daisuke Motomiya was a perfectly average goggle-wearing middle schooler in perfectly average Odaiba, Japan. In broad afternoon, he was kicking around a soccer ball on the field outside of his school. He was eagerly awaiting the arrival of his five friends, who, along with Daisuke himself, were members of a not-so-average group of heroes known as the "Digidestined".

Daisuke kicked the ball straight into the goal. He grinned to himself and ran over to the net.

"Nice shot, Davis," he heard from behind him. Davis took the ball in his hands and turned to see who had addressed him. It was a boy about his age, blonde-haired and boasting a beige bucket hat on his head. "...but you're still not as good as Tai."

Davis snorted. "You're early, TJ," he declared, setting the ball back down and kicking it upwards onto his knee.

"It's TK, actually," TK replied calmly, walking over to sit on the bench at the side of the soccer field, "and I'm no earlier than you."

"Touche." Davis kicked the ball onto his head, where it balanced for a moment before falling, and taking Davis with it. TK burst out laughing.

"Oh, so close!" Davis grumbled and sat up, to find the girl who had just spoken, with long lavender hair and round glasses. "Don't worry, Davis," she teased. "You'll get it next time."

Davis clenched his teeth. "Shut up, Yolei," he growled.

"Give him a chance, Yolei," came another voice, which caused Davis's face to light up. There was a shorter girl standing beside Yolei, with short-cut brown hair and a yellow bandanna wrapped around her neck. "You can't get something right unless you practice."

"Yeah, but Davis has been practicing his whole life," Yolei retorted.

"That doesn't mean he'll never get it."

Davis stood up and approached the girls. "Wow, Kari," he said in a loud manner that seemed more directed at Yolei than Kari, "thanks for being so supportive!" Yolei rolled her eyes.

Kari just smiled innocently. "No problem."

Davis watched with narrowed eyes as Kari sat down beside TK. "So when do you think Cody and Ken are gonna get here?" inquired Yolei abruptly, shaking Davis from his trance.

"That's 'if' for Ken," TK said, "not when. Remember, this is the first time we've invited him to a meeting. We have no idea if he's coming or not."

"The meeting time technically isn't for another five minutes..." Kari noted. "Let's think positive."

"Well, I'm positive that Ken will come," Davis announced. "I mean, why wouldn't he?"

TK's expression flattened. "Well for one thing, I punched him in the face," he said. "And for another, he's probably self-conscious about us hating him."

"TK," Kari scolded.

TK shrugged defensively. "I'm just saying."

"And he has a point," Yolei added. "Ken still isn't completely comfortable with hanging out with us, so who's to say he'd even want to come? Not to mention the abundance of first world problems that could prevent him from coming..."

"What happened to 'positive'...?" Kari sighed.

Davis snorted. "I say he's coming," he asserted. "After everything we've been through, how could he turn down our hospitality?"

"I think Motomiya raises an excellent standpoint."

The gathered Digidestined directed their attention to the left, from where they saw another boy approaching, with shoulder-length purple hair, wearing a sweater and scarf.

"Ken!" Davis exclaimed, dashing over to greet the new arrival. "You came!"

Ken smiled faintly. "You had any doubts?" he questioned.

Davis quickly swung his head away nervously. "Pfft, what? No!"

"It's okay," Ken said quietly. "I'd be surprised if you did expect me to show up."

"Well, we're happy to have you," Kari assured him.

"So that just leaves Cody," said Yolei in a cheerful tone. "What's taking him? He's usually one of the first to show."

"He also usually comes with you," TK noted.

Yolei scratched her head. "Yeah, I don't know why he didn't stop by my house like he normally does... You don't think something happened, do you?"

TK and Kari exchanged glances, while Davis stroked his chin. Before anybody could answer, however, they were interrupted.

"Yolei! Davis! Guys!"

From the right this time, stormed up a short boy with brown bowl-cut hair. He looked like he had just run the hundred yard dash.

"Hey, there's Cody!" Davis called.

"What's the matter?" Yolei inquired.

Cody paused to catch his breath, before bolting upright, and explaining shortly, "I just saw Izzy. He told me to tell you-"

His explanation was cut off by coughing fit, during which TK and Kari both stood from the bench in heightened attention. "Spit it out!" Davis exclaimed. "What happened?"

"The Digital Gate," Cody forced himself to say. "It's reopened!"
Sign up to rate and review this story