Categories > TV > Supernatural > Actually Twinchesters

Chapter 2

by FrankIsMySexGod 1 review

Enjoy!

Category: Supernatural - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2016-11-14 - 2265 words

1Exciting
“Yeah, hi, I have a cell phone account with you guys, and uh, I lost my phone. I was wondering if you could turn the GPS on for me…? Yeah, name’s Wedge Antilles… social is 2-4-7-4… thank you.” Dean said, hanging up his phone and moving to the laptop on the table.

“How’d you know he’d use that name?” Bobby asked as Hozzie came plodding into the room.

“You kiddin’ me? What don’t I know about that kid?” Dean asked rhetorically. He glanced up at the sleepy Hozzie and started speaking. “Hey sis. Is your double up yet?” He asked as he went to his laptop to check out the GPS of Sam’s phone.

“See, this is how I know it’s you. Because only the same douchebag would tell a non-identical twin that she has a double about a million times.” Hozzie joked.

“I’m not a douchebag. I’m your brother.” Dean smiled. He then picked up one of the liquor bottles that was scattered across the table and frowned. “Hey, Bobby. What’s the deal with the liquor store? What, are your parents out of town or something?” Dean asked, starting to get really concerned for the welfare of his siblings – despite the fact that he drinks like a fish himself.

Bobby told him, while giving him a stern look. “Like I said, last few months ain’t been all that easy.”

Dean held his gaze for a while before uttering one simple word out. “Right.” The computer beeped out, signalling that it discovered where Sam was. “Well, get your sister up now because Sam’s in Pontiac, Illinois.”

“Right near where you were planted.” Bobby spoke.

“Right where I popped up. Hell of a coincidence, don’t you think?” Dean asked.

Hozzie went upstairs to hers and Penina’s bedroom. She shook her awake. Penina mumbled something – probably an obscenity – and so Hozzie had to try again.

“Come on, Penina. Wake up.” Hozzie said. Penina moved around a bit then opened her eyes. She sure was a heavy sleeper.

“What time is it?” She muttered.

“Time to wake up. Sam’s in Illinois. Dean found out. Now we need to go.” Hozzie said.

“Oh.” Penina mumbled, even though she felt way more awake at the thought of seeing Sam again, she wasn’t entirely happy.

“Look, I know you’re not entirely thrilled about…” Hozzie began.

“Not entirely thrilled? No, of course I’m not. You know why? He would rather bring Dean back from the dead than help either of his sister’s cope with grief.” Her twin said, stricken with the guilt of even feeling that way. But she did, and there was no fixing what Sam had done.


All of the siblings had different relationships with each other. Dean and Sam were the two boys. They were significantly older than the girls and had a different mother than them too. They knew so much more about the world than their sisters. They had a very intense relationship too. They either butt heads way too much that they couldn’t stand the sight of each other, or they’d die for each other. There was no in between with them.

Hozzie and Penina were so much gentler in that sense. They were twins and never had a fight that was bad enough that it couldn’t be fixed. While Sam and Dean’s mother died in a fire, at least they knew who she was. The twins, on the other hand, had no clue who they should call their mother. She can’t have been anything special. As far as the twins are concerned, they were dropped off at Bobby’s the week they were born with a note, then that was it. They were officially Winchesters, and therefore, hunters. They always used to dream big. They used to think that one day they’d find their mum and she’d have been possessed when she gave birth – not the typical dream a couple of 6 year olds would have – and the reason why they never knew her was because of that demon. But as they grew up they realised how stupid that sounded. Normal things happened to people every day. Just rarely to them. So they always had a special kind of sibling bond. The kind that only twins could have.

Dean and Penina had a funny sort of relationship. They were technically the furthest apart in age, even if it was a close call, but they always had the best fun too. They were way too relaxed for what normal hunters should be. Well, they were usually relaxed on the surface. In reality that just hid a barrage of pain and hurt and secrets on the inside. Those two understood each other in a way nobody else ever could. She was the first to notice that something was up with Dean when he sold his soul, and he was the first to notice when Penina was possessed by the yellow eyed demon they’d been hunting down their whole lives. They prefer practical over technical, and they’re the most protective of their pack.

Sam and Hozzie were like polar opposites to Dean and Penina. They’d prefer to curl up to a good book about hunting rather than do the actual physical hunting. They’d always think logically and used their heads when it came to hunting rather than their hearts, although it was the most emotionally jarring job you could possibly have. They used their wits and shared things with each other rather than bottle it up. They were more friendly and sympathetic towards the victims they interviewed and they wore their hearts on their sleeves.

Sam and Penina, on the other hand, were a bit iffy towards each other. They were practically inseparable when the twins came into the boys’ lives, but as they started growing up they got a bit distant towards one another. And then when Sam went off to college that was the end of the straw. Penina practically felt that he’d abandoned the family. Sam didn’t understand why she had to be so rigid about that. After all, all he wanted to do was get a normal life with a normal family. How could she not understand that?

Hozzie and Dean were friendly towards each other, but they weren’t exactly best friends. She was angry at Dean for not talking sense into Penina and trying to get them to at least call him on occasion. And there’s no doubt about it – she felt like Dean was turning into their father. Hozzie hated John Winchester with all her heart, although that’s the only thing she wouldn’t show. She was too scared. So, when she felt characteristics of her father seeping throw her brother, she automatically tried to avoid him, so things got pretty awkward after that.

Penina begrudgingly got up and quickly threw herself in the shower after she chatted with her twin, and packed as soon as she was dressed. She wanted to be as prepared as she could be. After all, who knows what kind of demon mojo would appear in Illinois?

The three siblings climbed into the random car Dean used to get home. He probably hijacked it, but that was usual in the life of a hunter. And they’d always find a way to bring the original car back to its rightful owner.

Astoria Hotel – which could barely even pass as a motel – was dimly lighting the night sky with its neon sign. Inside, Dean, Bobby, Hozzie and Penina were walking up to room 207. Dean knocked on the door, and while he thought that the woman who opened it was hot as hell, he thought that he got the wrong room. After all, why would a woman be opening Sam’s door?

“So, where is it?” She asked.

“Where’s what?” Penina asked in a fed-up tone. She hated when people were rude to others for no reason, especially when people were rude to her or people she cared about. The woman – who was wearing nothing but a bra and panties – looked a bit taken aback at Penina’s outburst.

“The pizza… that takes 4 people to deliver?” She said expectantly. Penina was about to make another remark before Dean stopped her. Usually she would’ve ignored him, but she was afraid that if she pissed him off he’d disappear again.

“I think we got the wrong room.” Dean said simply. They were about to leave the woman alone until a man with shaggy hair wearing a grey t-shirt and jeans stepped into the light. Sam.

“Hey is…” He began, but stopped dead in his tracks when his eyes focussed on Dean. He swallowed in disbelief with his eyes flickering between the 4 people standing outside the room.

“Heya, Sammy.” Dean said quietly, but with a lot of feeling. He walked into the room, ignoring the woman who stepped out of his way so he could come in. As soon as he got close enough, Sam lunged at him with a knife. The woman screamed making Penina roll her eyes and Hozzie nudge at Penina to stop. Dean dodged the attack long enough for Bobby to pull Sam off of him.

“Who are you?” Sam shouted.

“Like you didn’t do this!” Dean retorted angrily and sarcastically.

“Do what?” Sam spat back. Bobby, the voice of reason, managed to calm the atmosphere down with the words that came out of his mouth.

“It’s him. It’s him. We’ve been through this already, it’s really him.”

Sam stared at Dean while the struggle left his body. He was breathing heavily due to his intense altercation. “What…”

“I know. I look fantastic, huh?” Dean said jokingly. Bobby let go of the emotional Sam, and almost the second he did, Sam embraced Dean into a desperate hug. They let go after a few seconds, with the woman looking on. Hozzie was smiling that they were getting on, and Penina was pissed. How could Sam be so easily forgiven after what he’s done?

“So are you two like… together?” The woman asked, ruining the moment.

“What? No. No. He’s my brother.” Sam answered, almost forgetting that she was there.

“Uh… got it. I… I guess. Look, I should probably go.” The woman replied.

“Yeah, you probably should.” Penina mumbled. She knew it wasn’t the woman’s fault, but the fact that Sam ditched her and Hozzie really made Penina’s blood boil.

“Penina!” Sam warned. He then turned to look kindly at the woman. “Yeah, um, yeah, that’d be a good idea. Sorry.”

After the woman got dressed and ready to go, Sam opened the door for her, causing her to turn back to face him.

“So, call me.” The woman said sweetly.

“Yeah. Yeah, sure thing, Kathy.” Sam said. The woman looked at him, somewhat disappointed and upset.

“Kristy.” She said, making Penina snigger.

“Right.” Sam said optimistically before closing the door. He then turned around and sat back down, with everyone else in the room looking at him suspiciously.

“So, tell me, what’d it cost?” Dean asked.

“The girl? I don’t pay Dean.” Sam said with a smile on his face.

“That’s not funny, Sam.” Penina said.

“To bring me back. What’d it cost? Was it just your soul, or was it something worse?” Dean asked.

“You think I made a deal?” Sam asked.

“No offence, but yeah.” Hozzie answered.

“Well I didn’t.” Sam said.

“Don’t lie to us.” Dean ordered intensely.

“I’m not lying!” Sam said, getting increasingly agitated.

“So what now? I’m off the hook and you’re on, is that it? You’re some demon’s bitch-boy? I didn’t want to be saved like this!” Dean demanded.

“Look, Dean, I wish I had done it, all right?” Sam told him angrily.

“There’s no other way that this could have gone down. Now tell the truth!”

“I tried everything. That’s the truth. I tried opening the Devil’s Gate. Hell, I tried to bargain, Dean, but no demon would deal, alright? You were rotting in hell for months. For months and I couldn’t stop it. So, I’m sorry it wasn’t me, alright? Dean, I’m sorry.” Sam explained.

“It’s okay, Sammy. You don’t have to apologise. I believe you.” Dean said, relenting.

“Well I’m glad he apologised to somebody.” Penina said angrily.

“Penina…” Hozzie began.

“No, he just shot off, first sign of trouble with no contact? What kind of brother does that? It’s ridiculous!” Penina continued.

“It wasn’t like that! I thought you would be grateful. I was trying my best to get your favourite brother back.” Sam said, pained at the last statement.

“What?” Penina asked, saddened at the thought that Sam did this for her.

“Well, it’s true, isn’t it?” Sam asked. Penina looked down at the floor in guilt.

“Not entirely, no.” She told him. Whether it was completely true, she wasn’t sure, but she was embarrassed that he thought that. She felt ashamed. It was silent for a few seconds before Bobby spoke up.

“Well, don’t get me wrong. I’m gladdened that Sam’s soul remains intact. But it does raise a sticky question.” He pointed out.

“If he didn’t pull me out, then what did?” Dean asked.
Sign up to rate and review this story