Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Last of the Black

Acquaintance in the Hogwarts Express

by Snagret 0 reviews

Meeting Hermione and Draco

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Draco,Hermione - Published: 2016-11-23 - 1289 words

0Unrated
I was searching my school cloak when the door of my coupe was opened and blonde boy looked inside.

«Draco Malfoy», — I recognized, remembering chronic from the newspaper. There was a photo of his family.
Two fat boys were standing behind him. I didn’t know their faces.

“Is that you?” he asked immediately. “Answer. Is it you or not?”
I shrugged and put out another candy, which I found while searching for my cloak. He is quite stubborn.

“It depends on who are you looking for.”

“Everybody just talk that Gertrude Potter is on this train. But no one knows how does she look like. So is that you?”

I smiled. He is good. Grasping. Everybody is talking about it but he was the one who started to search me.

“Come in.” I nodded to the place where Tom Riddle was sitting. That was fine - he could change the place.
“I didn’t invite you.” I said to boys unfriendly. Arc roared and they went back to the corridor.

“Everything’s fine. It is Crabbe and Goyle.” Malfoy said, but Crabbe and Goyle didn’t came in again. I closed the door in front of their noses.

“You will acquaint us later.” I replied and gave him a hand. “Greta Potter.”

“Draco Malfoy.” Blondie shacked my hand in reply. He was confused. Draco Malfoy thought that he would lead our conversation.


I started to put stuff back in the bag. Cloak was at the bottom of course and I needed to put out all other things I had there to find it.

“It is a bottomless bag! Where did you take it?”

“Fans sent it”. I hemmed. Draco Malfoy was interesting. He was my cousin and thought well. Arc would say that it couldn’t be different – Malfoy had Black’s blood.

“What? Really?” He was surprised.

“No, did you believe that? I bought it in the Diagon Alley with my parents’ money. They left me some, you know.

“Have you really lived with muggles?” Malfoy was confused by my joke.

“Yes. And what then?” I put the cloak over my T-Shirt on. “Did you see my cool muggle’s jeans and T-Shirt with Beatles? You cannot buy that in the Diagon Alley.” I winked at him. It seems like Draco Malfoy has something to do with jealousy. And it was very funny to see his face stretching.

“I suppose you don’t know anything about out world.” He said proudly, stopping to stare at my jeans. “But very soon you will understand that some wizard families are better than others, Potter. I will help you to find out with whom you should make friends.”

I liked Draco Malfoy more and more.

“I choose friends by myself, Malfoy. But we will be friends with you for sure. If you don’t show off so much.” I added and his face stretched again. I laughed and stood up. “Is that what I am thinking about?” I opened the door. “Malfoy, there are sweets! What are you doing, take your wallet out!”

Talking to Draco Malfoy and candies shortened the way and bettered my mood. We were eating the tenth chocolate frog when the door was opened and upset boy looked in.

“Haven’t you seen a toad here?” He asked. We said we haven’t.

“A toad.” Draco snorted when the door was closed. “They are not modern for like hundred years. What a blockhead!”

I shrugged. Yeah, what is the sense in a toad?

“Anyway, how were you allowed to take a dog with you?” Malfoy looked at Arc with a fright after that case with his friends.

“I didn’t even ask.”

Malfoy was surprised.

“Do you know many spells by the way?” I asked him.

“No,” unwillingly confessed Malfoy. “My father hadn’t let me conjure before I was eleven.”

“You see now,” commented Arc. I asked Draco about this just because I wanted to prove to grandpa that his educational system was too old. And I didn’t succeed.

“I see.” I took my wand out. I couldn’t wait to start getting used to it. After Tom Riddle’s appearance in my life, I haven’t train spells that much. Firstly, Arc and I tried to get rid of him, and then brigade of «Vronski and sons» came to the house. After that, I went to my gang to say goodbye. I was ashamed that I left them in the summer. After getting the letter from Hogwarts, I met them just once – to know if Sam was prisoned because of car stealing.

I waved the wand and whistled: «Lumos». A little spark lit up on its tip.

“Wow,” Malfoy cried like an average boy. It seems like his manners started to get worse under my influence. “I mean, not bad.” He said, noticing it.

Our door was opened again. Someone pulled it vigorously and resolutely.

“Hello. Haven’t you seen a toad here, have you?” Voice of the girl was commanding. “The boy named Neville has lost it.”

She had bushy brown hair and rather large front teeth.

“There is no toads here,” said Malfoy impatiently. I noticed that when he wasn’t calm, his voice was losing airs and graces. One needed to bring him out of the comfort zone more.

“Oh, I see you are doing magic?” She noticed my wand. “Let’s see then. I mean I tried some simple spells from the books and it worked. By the way, my name is Hermione Granger.”

“Greta Potter.” I introduced myself.

“Gertrude Potter? Be sure I know everything about you! Your name was mentioned in the Modern Magical History, and the Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century…”

In police reports too but I didn’t want to say that out loud.

“I know everything about myself as well,” I interrupted her and she turned to Draco.

“What is your name?”

“Draco. Draco Malfoy,” insolently replied Draco. “I don’t remember such a last name. Who are your parents?”

“Oh, they are not magicians. Can you imagine how I was surprised when received the letter from Hogwarts!”

“Muggle-born,” grandpa mumbled.

I looked at Tom Riddle. He was sitting near Draco and was staring at Hermione Granger with interest. It didn’t seem that he really hated her.

But Draco grimaced so I took the initiative of the conversation before he said something disgusting.

“I was living with muggles too before the school. Welcome to the magical world , Hermione Granger,” I gave her hand and she shook it surprisingly. “and now look what I learned. Wingardium Leviosa!

Chocolate frog landed on her knees.

“Thank you!” She took it and stood up. “I need to go by the way. See you soon!”

She run away.

“She is a muggle-born!” – Malfoy sizzled.

“Smart, unwavering and feisty muggle-born. And forget about this word by the way,” I said. “I told you I choose friends by myself.”

Draco Malfoy was offended but wasn’t sulking for a long time.

“Do you remember the… the Dark Lord?”

I looked at Tom Riddle and couldn’t sustain a laugh. How could I forget him!

“I remember green light,” I made up a story, considering that he was killing me with Avada Kedavra. I haven’t watch the memories of the Dark Lord. If I would, then I couldn’t be sitting here. I felt like he would then take control over my childish consciousness.

“Wow,” repeated Malfoy.

“Tell me better something interesting. Do you fly with a broom?” I changed the topic.

Draco was interested. He started to tell long stories about his air feats.

So we have reached Hogwarts.
Sign up to rate and review this story