Categories > Original > Fantasy

Crimson

by Dead-poets 0 reviews

Crimson Black. Not a very common name, unless you're from the Enchanted Forest. Or any other realm. She comes to a little town called Storybrooke, in Maine. With her best friend Emma Swan, while Em...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2017-01-19 - 3541 words

0Unrated
Crimson

I walked in to the restaurant I was meeting my 'date' at. I walked around a corner and saw a guy who I assumed was him. "Emma?" He asked, "Ryan?" I ask him and he nodded. "You looked relieved." I said noticing his face. "Uh, well it is the internet. Pictures can be--" "Fake, out dated, stolen from a Victoria's secret catalog." I finished. We both laughed and the plan was set in motion. Crimson was in the next table over and I nodded at her. She went to go make sure he couldn't leave, he's a dirt bag. His wife just bailed him out of a serious crime and this is how he thanks her. He goes on a date with someone else? "So, um....tell me about your self Emma." He asked, well more like demanded. "Oh, uh...well...Today's my birthday." I said quietly. "And you are spending it with me?" He asked.
"What about your friends?" He asks again. "Kind of a loner." I said. "And you don't like your family?" He questioned. "No family to like." I answered back. "Oh, come on, everyone has a family...." He said softly. "Technically yeah. But, not everyone knows who they are. Ready to run yet?" I asked him. "Oh. Not a chance." Ryan answered back. "You, Emma, by far, are the, sexiest friendless orphan I have ever met." He said and chuckled lightly. "Okay, your turn. No, wait, let me guess. Um, you are handsome, charming. The kind of guy who--and stop me if I get this wrong. Embezzled from your employer, got arrested, skipped town, before they were able to throw you in jail. And the worst part of all is your wife. Your wife loves you so much that she bailed you out, and how to you repay her loyalty? You are on a date." I snapped. "Who are you?" He asked me. "The chick who put up the rest of the money." I snapped. "You are a bail bondsman." "Bail Bonds person." I said. He nodded and quickly flipped the table we were sitting at. I ran after him as fast as I could.
Crimson's Pov
I saw a man run out of the place Emma was in. Emma walked out and nodded at me. I walked after her into the street and followed him. He tried to leave but I left a little gift for him so his car would not back up. "Look you don't have to do this. I'll pay you. I've got money." He said really fast. "No you don't! And if you did you should give it to your wife to take care of your family." I said. "What the hell do you know about family?" He asked us. "Crimson, will you." She asked motioning to him. I gave a sharp nod and reached through his window. I gripped onto his coat and threw him towards the steering wheel. Knocking him out cold. We both grabbed some stuff from the bakery across the street from our apartment. I ran inside and grabbed Emma's present. I got her a beautiful necklace!! I walked out and grabbed the bag out of Emma's hands and took out two cupcakes. She pulled out a lighter and I grab a candle. I hand her the present, and she pulls me into a hug, "Thank you so much Crimson!" Emma shouted. "You are welcome." I said smiling and I pointed to the unlit candle.
Emma lit it and turned to me, "Another banner year," She says to me and then blows out her candle. The doorbell rings right after, "Were you expecting anyone?" I asked her. Emma shook her head and we ran towards the door. We both looked out expecting someone around our height, but in front of us was a kid. "Um...can we help you?" She asks him. "Are you Emma Swan?" He asks Emma. "Yes, who are you?" Emma asks him. "My name is Henry. I'm your son." The kid said....wait! What?! The kid, Henry, walks past us into our apartment. "Whoa! Hey! Kid! Kid!" We shout. "I don't have a son. Where are your parent's?" Emma asks him. "Ten years ago, did you give a baby up for adoption?" Henry asks her. "That was me." He says. "Give me a minute." Emma says and runs away. "Hey do you have any juice? Never mind. Found some." He says.
Emma walks out looking a little calmer. "You know, we should probably get going." Henry tells her. "Going where?" I ask. "I want you to come home with me." Henry says to Emma. "Okay kid, I'm calling the cops." Emma said and ran towards the phone. "Then I'll tell them you kidnapped me." Henry tells her. "I like him, he's clever." I say, earning a glare from Emma. "And they'll believe him because your his birth mother." I say to Emma. Henry looks at me weird. "Oh, sorry did I not introduce my self. Crimson, Crimson Black at your service!" I say and gave a small curtsy. Causing him to laugh and me earning another glare from Emma. "So as I was saying, you can't call the cops." I say to her. Emma turns to Henry, "You're not going to do that," Henry smirks, "Try me." "You're pretty good, but you see there's not a lot of stuff I'm great at in life, but I have one skill. Let's call it a superpower. I can tell when anyone is lying. And you kid, are." Emma says to him, "Wait. Please don't call the cops, please. Come home with me." Alright, this kid has guts. "Where's home?" I ask, "Storybrooke, Maine." Henry answers, "Storybrooke? Seriously?" Emma asks, he nods and Emma gives in, "All righty then. You're coming with me! So get dressed!" Emma shouts at me. I run to my room and sort through my closet, I threw on this, and grabbed the rest of my clothes, just in case. I ran back to Emma and she looked at what I was wearing, "I don't know about you, but I'm going to Maine. What about you?" Emma asks, I glare at her before running to the car, "Crimson! Do you have your gun on you?" "Always do," Emma nodded and I slid into the back seat.
I fell asleep rather quickly, so I missed the boring drive. "Crimson! Get up!" Emma's voice rang out, I sat up, still half asleep, "Okay kid, how about an address." Emma says to the kid, "44 I'm-Not-Telling-You-Street." Henry snapped, I jump out of the car as Emma stops the car. "Look kid it's been a long night and it's almost....8: 15?" I question, that can't be right! "The clock hasn't moved in my whole life. Time's frozen here." Henry says, "What?" Emma asks him, "The evil queen did it with her curse. She sent everyone from the enchanted forest here." I missed something. "Hang on, an evil queen sent a bunch of fairy tale characters, here?" Emma asks, "Yeah! And now they're trapped." Henry says to us, "Frozen in time, stuck in Storybrooke, Maine. That's what your going with?" I ask Henry, "It's true!" Henry shouts at me. I rolled my eyes and started walking away, "Where are you going?" Emma shouts after me, "There has to be some coffee around here, call me, I'll meet you back here!" I shout and run off, I walk into some place called Granny's Diner, I sit at a booth and a girl comes over, "You're new!" She says shocked, "Not really, my friend and I are dropping someone off and leaving." I say, "You're new." She repeats, "Yeah I'm new!" I say, giving in, "Sorry, we don't get new people very much. I'm Ruby!" Ruby says happily, "Something we have in common, I'm Crimson!" I say, "So, we're both red! What can I get you?" She asks.
"Coffee, no cream, no sugar, black. Please." I tell her, "Okay, it was nice to meet you, Crimson!" Ruby says and runs off, everyone in the diner was staring at me, it was strange. The door opened and a guy walks in, he was very hot, he stopped and stared at me for a second and looked away, Ruby came over and sat down my coffee, "Thanks Ruby!" I say happily, "It's my job." She says, as Ruby walks away I pull out my favorite book, The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, when someone sat down across from me. I looked up and saw the hot guy sitting in front of me, "Can I help you?" I ask him, "Yes actually, you and that blonde girl, you're new in town, we don't usually get new people." He says, "We're just here to drop someone off, we'll be on our way soon, sorry I never caught your name." I say, "Graham, Sheriff Graham." Sheriff?! "That's my sign to leave, nice meeting you." I say and jump up, he grabs my arm and I sit back down, "And you are?" Graham asks me, "I'm not at liberty to say!" I tell him, he gives me a look that said 'Seriously' and 'Please!,' "Black, Crimson Black, the blonde girl is Emma. And you're a sheriff, we've covered everything." I say and Graham chuckles lightly. "Nice name, Crimson. What's your story?" Graham asks, I started laughing, "Like I'd tell a complete stranger about myself." I laugh, "Fine, let's start small, favorite color?" I look at him as if he was joking, "Oh my god! You're serious, okay...Red, definitely red." I tell him and he laughs, "Really? Crimson's favorite color is red, wow." Graham says and my phone rings.
"Hey Emma," I greet, she tells me where she is, gives me the address and apparently she was at the mayor's house, because Henry's adopted mother was the mayor! "Can I ask for a small favor?" I ask Graham, "Sure, what do you need?" Graham asks, "Direction's to the mayor's house..." I mumble, "I can give you a ride, if you want." Graham offers, "I don't want to bother you." I say, "I don't mind!" Graham says and stands up, "Okay, let me pay for my coffee first." I say, "No don't worry Crimson, it's on the house!" Ruby shouts, "Thanks Ruby!" I shout and we walk out. I get into the police car and we start driving down a bunch of streets, "How old are you? If you don't mind me asking," Graham asks, "Sixteen," I reply as we pull up to a house, "It was nice meeting you Crimson!" Graham says as I get out, "Thank you for the ride, Graham. It was great to meet you!" I say and run to the door, I watched him pull away, oh my god! That was the best conversation ever! I knocked on the door and a black haired woman answered, "Can I help you?" She asks, "I'm looking for Emma Swan, I'm Crimson Black." She nods, "She just left, I'm sorry." And she closes the door, Emma left without me? She would never do that! I start running and end up in front of the diner again, seriously Emma! How am I supposed to get home now! I started heading for the road that leads home and I saw Emma parked right before the county line, "I was thinking you forgot me," I say, "I went to the diner, they said you got a ride with the sheriff to the mayor's house. So, I knew that if I wasn't there, you would go to the county line, and walk home. I'm a genius!" Emma shouts and gets in the car.
I roll my eyes at her and get in the car, after driving a little bit I turn around to put my book back into my bag and see Henry's story book in the back seat, I nudge Emma and she looks back to see it, "Sneaky bastard." We both say in unison, when we looked back at the road there was a wolf in front of us, Emma spun the car causing us to hit the 'Welcome to Storybrooke' sign. I slammed my head against the dash board and blacked out. When I wake up I hear Graham's voice, and then the black haired woman's voice, then Emma's, "God!" I whispered as I tried to open my eyes, my head hurt so bad! "Hey! Shut it!" Emma shouts at someone and I open my eyes to see Emma sitting next to me, "Crimson? You okay?" She asks sounding concerned, I shake my head lightly, "Crimson Belladonna Ivy Black! You scared me!" Emma cries and throws me into a hug, "And as I was saying, did you try his friends?" Emma asks the black haired lady, "He doesn't really have any, he's kind of a loner." Black haired lady explains, "Every kid has friends. Did you check his computer? If he's close to someone, he'd be emailing them." Emma says, I'm assuming they are talking about Henry. "And you know this how?" She asks, "Finding people is what we do. Here's an idea, how about you guys let us out and we'll help you." I say and stand up, they let us out of the cell and I walk out, "Freedom!" I shout and run outside.
I heard them coming after me, "Is she okay?" I heard someone ask Emma, "She's fine. Crimson can't be in fenced up spaces!" Emma explained, I ran as fast as I could to the mayor's house, and Graham's police car pulls up about 5 minutes after I get there, "You sure are fast." He said in his amazing voice! I smiled and Regina, the black haired lady, opened the door to the house, "Em, I'm going to look around town for him." I told her, "You don't think I've tried that! I've looked everywhere!" Regina snapped at me, "Whoa, if anyone can find Henry, it will probably be Crimson! Let her do her thing." Emma defended, "I'll go with her, just to see if we find him." Graham says and winks at me, I walk out of the house and start walking down the road, "Hey! Whoa! Crimson, where you going?" Graham shouts after me. "To find Henry! I'm better on my feet, are you coming or not?" I ask Graham, he runs to my side and starts walking with me, "How are you going to find him?" Graham asks, "This is a small town Graham, I'm pretty sure we can find him." I tell him as we walk in and out of stores talking to people and then I get a call. "Crimson! Go to the school!" Emma shouts and then hung up, Graham had been staring at me the whole time we had been looking for him, "Take a picture it lasts longer." I say and he blushes, "Sorry it's just, you have really gorgeous eyes." Graham compliments, I stop and stare at him, "Come on, we need to go to the school," I start walking away, "Crimson! Please wait!" I heard him shout. I don't need him, I don't want him, I just want to leave, and then one second I was running, and the next I was slammed to the ground, "Seriously?" I question him, "I'm sorry, but I really want, no, need to talk to you!" Graham begs, "Fine! Graham, what the hell do you want to talk about?" I growl.
Graham jumps up, and helps me to my feet, "I'm sorry, I know that comment was entirely inappropriate. Just look at me, please!" He begs, I give in and look up at him, "But, what I said is still true, you do have gorgeous eyes." He whispers, I give a small giggle, "Come on, let's go to the school." I say and we run off to the school. "Why do you always travel on foot?" Graham asks, a little out of breath, "It's easier than taking a car for me, and besides I'm fast. You saw me, I've always been like that." I say as we go to the others, "Wow, you actually got here after I did, who are you and what have you done with Crimson?" Emma jokes, "I was a little delayed, okay? Graham and I stopped to talk for a second." I tell her, "So, what are we doing here?" Graham asks?. "We're here to talk to Henry's teacher." Regina says and stomps off, "She's a little moody." I comment causing Graham to chuckle, "You haven't see the worst of it yet." He whispers to me before grabbing my hand and dragging me to the classroom, "Why don't we wait out here for a second, just so they can do everything they need to do." Graham suggests. "I still don't know that much about you, I've covered the favorite color thing, haven't I?" I give a sharp nod as he goes on, "Okay, let's start small again. Favorite book?" He asks me, "Obviously, The Hobbit." I say. And the conversation continued like that, we learned the small things about each other. But he would never learn my past.
I caught a familiar scent, Henry's scent, and I quickly left Graham without a word. Traveling down to a beach, once I got there I saw Emma and Henry talking and I quickly decided to leave them alone, catching another scent as I walked away, very familiar but I couldn't quite figure out who's it was. Being the curious me I decided to follow it, it lead me deep into a forest and I still couldn't pin point the location it was coming from, "You aren't lost are--Crimson?" A voice from behind me said and I jumped to see a man standing behind me, "Who are you? How do you know my name?" I ask quickly as I start to back up away from him, "Oh do forgive me. I am Mr. Gold, I was just out for a walk. And the only reason I know your name is because you and your little friend are new." He says as he walks slightly closer to me. "Why don't we get a cup of coffee or hot chocolate." Gold says and slowly starts walking away with me following him, we got to the diner I was at the night before and sat down across from him, "Hello Crimson." Ruby greets happily before jumping slightly at the sight of Mr. Gold, "Ruby, I'll have a cup of coffee with cream and Ms. Black will have a cup of hot chocolate with sprinkled cinnamon and a cinnamon stick." Gold orders and she walks away. "How did you know I like hot chocolate with cinnamon? Why do you know that?" I ask him quickly, "Slow down. The hot chocolate was a guess. Calm down, this is just a welcome to Story Brooke present. Have a good day, Ms. Black." He says and stands up to walk away as soon as he gets his coffee.
I sip my hot chocolate and think about everything that has happened, I know Mr. Gold knows me somehow, he couldn't have just heard my name, he didn't know Emma's name. And yet my first and last name were known by him, the way he approached me in the forest he had acted as though we've known each other and I should know him and not be uncomfortable with him. I'm so confused, had we met somewhere in my life, "Crimson?" A voice questioned, I turn and see a guy standing over me, "Do I know you?" I ask the mystery man, "Ye--No. No you don't, I just read the paper, you are one of the girls that destroyed our sign, I'm Peter." Mystery man says, "Well you already know who I am. I should go find Emma, it was nice to meet you." I say as I try to leave the diner, finally making it outside away from all the stares. "Crimson! I would be careful if I were you. Story Brooke may seem harmless, but my dear, trust me, it isn't. Leave soon, please. For me." Peter says and takes off towards the woods, leaving me in a confused state, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?!" I shout and he turns around with his eyebrow raised high and a smirk on his face, "You'll see soon my love!" And with that he disappeared, "My love? Who talks like that anymore? And why is he calling me his love?" I question myself out loud. "Crimson, are you okay?" Emma asks snapping me from my thoughts, "Of course, so are we leaving?" I ask, "I think we should stay for a week. Just to see how things turn out." With that she tells me she got two rooms at the bed and breakfast thing and we head up to our separate rooms. I sit at the bay window that was facing the forest and I stared up at the stars, playing with one of my necklaces, thinking about the boy Peter, debating on whether or not I should leave town. Eventually I drifted off to sleep, a sleep filled with unusual dreams.

!!!!!!(I do NOT own Once Upon A Time!)!!!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story