Categories > Original > Romance

Haikyuu!! One Shots [Requests are considered!]

by PlayingDetective 0 reviews

A story to fill your Haikyuu!! needs! If you want to request anything, I will certainly consider it! That being said, please don't be shy!

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-01-22 - 1002 words

0Unrated
Today was the day. You walked, neck snuggled deeply in your somewhat oversized jacket. Snow was falling at the time, quickly covering the once barren sidewalks. This, of course, did not stop you in any way from completing your objective. That of which was to reach the café. What for, you may ask? A special someone had invited you, so of course you were going.

The tall building loomed over you, and you reluctantly pulled your hands from your warm, woolen pockets. The door handle was freezing, but you pushed through, soon searching the area. It was oddly quiet, despite the fact that the place was jammed. Hesitantly, you walked further inside. Suddenly a loud voice broke the ice. It was recognizable from the tone and energy that it produced.

"[First Name]-chaaaannn!!" They exclaimed, hands waving frantically for you to walk over. Smiling, you made your way over to the boy who had drawn the attention of many residents. "Hey, Bokuto." The eagerness radiating from him was exponentially large. It would probably be overwhelming for anyone who hasn't met him before.

"Hey, hey, hey!" He practically bounced with excitement at the presence of his close friend. He hurriedly pulled out a seat for you, awaiting a response for his gentleman-like action. You noticed this, and laughed quietly. "Thank you." With your thanks, Bokuto's face lit up like a puppy getting his first treat. "I asked Akaashi if he could come, but he said no." His once happy demeanor quickly shifted to one more sullen as he took his seat. If he resembled an eager puppy before, now he looked to be a sad puppy who's owner just left home.

His striking resemblance to such a cute animal raised a certain need inside of you. A sudden urge, to be more exact. You struggled to keep your hand in place, as you desperately just wanted to pet his head. "I-It's fine!" You stuttered slightly, scratching at the side of your face. "I'm sure you wanted to see him too!" Bokuto whines, laying his torso over the table.

"It's fine, really." You pushed, trying to get Bokuto back to his usual mood. Akaashi was the only one who knew exactly how to fix these extreme mood changes of Bokuto's, but you weren't too bad either. "I enjoy spending time with just you as well." Not even a second after the words slipped from your lips, Bokuto's figure flung up into a straightened position. "Really?!" He yelled, eyes shining. "Of course."

As the two of you exchanged slices of speech, a waiter walked to the table, their expression a bit annoyed. "Welcome, what can I get for you?" They asked, taking out a notepad. Bokuto excitedly spoke up first, asking only for a cup of coffee, although he really did not need it. To be honest, you'd prefer if he got something like a tea to calm him. "Um, alright..." The waiter scribbled down presumably what Bokuto had said, then turned to you. Unsure of what you wanted, you nervously spewed out the first thing that came to mind. "I'll take a tea!" They nodded, soon leaving the two of you.

It didn't take long for the drinks to arrive, but neither of you had even picked them up. You were too engaged in the simple, but fun conversation going on between you both. "We won our match today!" Bokuto was a bit down at first, seeing as you couldn't make it to his game, but he quickly piped up as he told you all about it. "I wish you could have seen my spikes! They were like blam!, and kabaam! as they hit the gym floor!" The smile forming on your lips couldn't be held back as you imagined him successfully scoring.

"I bet they were great." Bokuto leaned forward happily, loving the feeling of your praise. At his being so close, your hand instinctively rose up towards the owl boy's unique hair, now unable to contain it. At first he was confused, then your hand began to ruffle his spikey hairdo. "I'll be sure to come to your next game." You assured, hand leaving the forest that was Bokuto's hair.

As your hand began to recede, Bokuto automatically reached for it. He gently grabbed your wrist, looking you straight in the eyes. Due to the unexpected, serious eye contact, you became quite flustered. "You better!" He says, a look of fiery determination in his eyes. "I will look extra cool for you, [First Name]-chan!"

Accompanying this moment, Bokuto's face came closer to yours. "You'll only want to watch me!" He boasts cutely, and you could start to picture a small tail wagging behind him. How is this kid so cute, you thought, staring deeply into his eyes. Something sparked inside of you as you examined Bokuto's features, and you rose from your seat a bit, face leaning closer to his. "It's always been like that." You announce, now quickly pecking his smooth cheek. Just for the split second that your lips came in contact with his skin, all you felt was softness. It was fast, but the effect was big.

Bokuto, who was in a state of shock at first, slung back quickly, hand knocking the cup of coffee from the table. "A-Ah-" Shattering sounds are heard throughout the café and eyes are all starting to turn their gazes towards your table. Bokuto's face gave off the impression that he had passed on to the afterlife for a moment, and his soul had left his body. You awkwardly stood, dropping to the floor next to the shattered glass and steaming coffee.

Footsteps can be heard coming your way, and you're expecting to be chewed out by a staff member, but the person was a boy you had known quite closely. "O-Oh, Akaashi." You nervously look towards him, continuing. "I-I thought you weren't coming?" His eyes looked towards Bokuto, then towards the littered floor.

"I leave you two alone for thirty minutes."
Sign up to rate and review this story