Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sophomore Slump...or Comeback of the Damn Century

i'll sport my brand new fashion of waking up with pants on at 4 in the afternoon

by killxsmile 3 reviews

Who doesn't love a good horror movie on a couch? Pete save's the day (yet again) and makes a powerful friend.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-09-02 - Updated: 2006-09-02 - 1858 words

1Ambiance
DISCLAIMER: FICTION

Author's Note: Hope you guys like this one.

c h a p t e r FIVE

I'll sport my brand new fashion of waking up with pants on at 4 in the afternoon

*
Emily's POV

I woke up to my little brother screaming "GOOD MORNING, EMIIIIII!"

"Ugh," I said, burying my head in a pillow.
"C'mon, get up get up get up! You're friends are here!"
"But I'm sleepy...." I curled under my covers.
"Okay. But they're coming up."

"Hello, sunshine!" I heard from under my pillow.
"Morning, Trick."
"C'mon, get out of bed. It's 1:00 in the afternoon."
"But my bed's so warm and comfy..."

Trick crawled under my covers. "Please?" Then he gave me that look-- the we've-been-friends-forever-and-I-want-to-spend-time-with-you look.
"Okaaay."

I got out of bed and saw Pete standing in the doorway, somewhat staring. I guess I looked pretty messed up, but hey, I never said I was a morning person.

"Oh, hey Pete! Sorry I look so frumpy. I don't mix with mornings," I said, making my bed. He gave me a little smile.

"Let's get you downstairs so you can eat lunch, then wreak havoc on the world.
"Just let me get presentable."
"Okay."

They left the room. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a tank top out of my dresser and changed into them. Then I put on some eyeliner. They were waiting outside my door.

I went downstairs with Pete and Trick following me, got to the fridge and poured myself some orange juice. Then I fixed myself a bowl of Kix.

"What?" I innocently asked. They were looking at me like I was from mars.
"Well, you're eating cereal for lunch," Trick said.
"I like starting off my days with breakfast."
""When are you going to eat lunch?" Pete asked.
"Mmm...around 4:00."
Trick laughed. "Emi, you're weird."
"We that's why you love me." I said, after eating a spoonful of Kix. "What do you have planned for today?"
"I don't know, I was hoping you had an idea."
"I was just going to lay in the backyard and watch clouds."
"We could do that," Trick said. As if on cue, I heard thunder. "On the other hand, we could stay in and watch movies."
"Sounds good."
"How about Saw?"
"Well--crap, I have to get this," Patrick said, reaching for his cell phone.
"Sorry, guys. I've gotta go. Apparently my mom needs groceries."
"Okay." I walked Trick to the door.
"Have fun with Pete," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.
"Okaay." That boy was up to something.

I popped the DVD in, turned out the lights, then sat on the couch next to Pete. Due to the rain, it began to get dark outside too. Perfect for a scary movie. Muahaha.

"So, Patrick tells me you like horror movies."
"Yep. One of my life's passions."
"Really?"
"Yeah, along with singing, writing, music and candy."
"Sounds good."
"How about you? Any life goals, ambitions, interests, et cetra?"
"I love writing and music I guess."
"Ohh, mutual interests."

I don't know exactly how it happened, but by the end of the movie, I was sitting between Pete's legs, leaning against his chest. It was comfy.

"Emi?" I heard coming from the stairs. "The thunder scared me."
"C'mere," I said patting a spot on the couch.
"Pete, this is my brother, Ben. Ben, this is Pete."
"Hello."
"Hi...Are you gonna watch another movie?"
"Yes. Would you like to join us?"
"Yes, please."
"Okay, why don't you pick one."

Ben walked over to the cabinet and took out House of 1000 Corpses.

"Sure you want to watch that one?"
"Yes, Emi."
"Okay, but if mom asks, what did we watch?"
"Finding Nemo. Then I ask for a orange fish."

Pete laughed. "So you two have this down, huh?"
"Of course."

Ben put the DVD in and sat on the couch next to us.

"Captain Spaulding is cool," Ben said.
"High five."
"Should I be scared right now?" Pete asked.
"Probably," Ben said, laughing.

We watched the movie in silence except for the occasional "Shit, look behind you!" from Pete and random giggling from me and Ben. What can I say, immunity to horror movies runs in the family.

"Emi, I'm hungry," Ben said.
"Me too," Pete said, sounding like a 5-year old.
"Okay, how about pizza for you adorable gentleman?"
"Yay, pizza!" Ben jumped off the couch.
"I'd eat anything."

I went to the kitchen and ordered pizza, watching them in the doorway.

*
Pete's POV

"Even people dressed up in bunny suits?" Ben asked, in reference to the movie.
"Well, if...nah, probably not."
"Pete, I have a question."
"Ask away."
"Are you Emi's new boyfriend?"
"Can you keep a secret?" I said, leaning down to his level. "I'm not Emi's boyfriend, but I want to be."
"Oh. Okay."
"Are you sure you won't tell?"
"Cross my heart."

"What kind of pizza do you guys want?" Emi came in, phone in hand.
"HAWAIIAN!!"
"Pete, you okay with that?"
"Yeah."

She walked back into the kitchen and I continued my conversation with Ben.

"Pete, what's a advantage?"
"Umm, it's like when a person has a head start in a race," I said, trying to pick words that would make sense to a preschooler.
"Oh, because Jess says that Emi's boyfriends take a advantage of how nice she is...So they cheat when they race with her?"
"Not exactly. Taking advantage means that because she's so nice, they don't treat her right."
" Well, would you advantage Emi?"
"No. She deserves better than that."

"Who deserves better than what?" Emi asked.
"Umm-"
"I was telling Pete how Greg gave his mom a worm for her birthday." Jesus. For a five-year-old, this kid was a fucking genius.
"Well, it's the thought that counts... The pizza will be here in 30 minutes."
"Emi, it's 5:00 and Fetch With Ruff Ruffman is on. Can I watch?"
"Sure."

Ben sat in front of the TV while Emi and I were on the couch.

"Your brother is really smart for his age. How old is he, 5?
"Yeah. I know. I think those 9 months he was in my mom, he had a book or something," she laughed.

We watched whatever show Ben was watching then some PBS thing on penguins.

"And once a penguin finds its mate, they stay together for the rest of their lives..."

Soon enough the doorbell rang. Ben got up and practically ran to the door. "I got it!"

*
Emily's POV

Before I could object, Ben had opened the door.

"You know better than to open the door when--" Shit. Jason. RED ALERT.
"Emi, pay for the pizza so he can go," Ben said, tugging on my pants.
"Hey, Jason," I awkwardly said. I gave him the $13.50 for the pizza. Exact change. Then I took the box from him.
"You haven't been returning my calls."
"That's because she broke up with you," Ben said.
"Oh, bite me, twerp."

Ben's not one to disobey orders, so he gladly bit Jason's hand.

"You little--" he stepped forward. Ben stood behind me.
"Hey, he's my brother."
"C'mon, Emi, just give me a second to explain. Laura was--"
"Everything okay over here?" Pete asked. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
"I was just leaving." He glared at Pete. " Emi, I'll call you later." He left and I closed the door.

"Pete, I owe you big time." I set the pizza on the coffee table and plopped onto the couch.
"What was that about?" Pete asked.
"Weirdo man who was Emi's boyfriend," Ben said, taking a bite into a slice of pizza.
"Jeez, Emi. First at the mall, now your house. There seems to be a trail of broken hearts following you."
"Haha, very funny," I said, grabbing a piece of pizza. "High school is a time to see who you're compatible with. Jason was a person who's only compatible with his car...and people who like his car...and Ben, you know that wasn't safe to bite him."
"I know...but it was funny how he got all red."
"It was pretty funny," I said.

When we finished eating there were still a few pieces left, so I put them in the fridge.

"One more movie, Emi?" Ben asked as I came back in the living room.
"Sure. How about Rush Hour?"

I sat on the couch as Ben was setting up the DVD. When he finished, he sat on my lap.

"Comfy?"
"Yeah." I possibly had the perfect little brother-- likes scary movies, knows how to set up the DVD player and bites creepy ex-boyfriends.

As we watched the movie, Ben and I said the lines along with it. I was Officer Carter and Ben was Lee.

"Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?!"

I couldn't stop laughing. Jackie Chan was one of my heroes. Seriously. Before I knew it, Ben and I were saying the blooper lines during the ending credits.

"Okay, Ben. Time for bed."
"Aww, but I'm not tired."
"C'mon. You watched 2 movies, Fetch With Ruff Ruffman a PBS special on penguins, and ate pizza. You're seriously not tired?"
"Well, maybe a little..."
"Let's get you upstairs."

I took Ben's hand in mine and he followed me upstairs.

"Go brush your teeth."
" 'Kay."

"You have the coolest little brother," Pete said.
"I know," I said, watching him put toothpaste on the toothbrush. "If only he could do my homework..."
"And predict the lotto numbers."
"That would be sweet, wouldn't it?"

"Emi, I'm done."
"Okay, let's find you're PJ's."

*
Pete's POV

I stood in Ben's doorway and watched them. Ben was cleaning up his toys and Emi was looking in his dresser for pajamas. Once she found them, she came outside and closed the door.

Usually I'd know exactly what to say and when to say it, but Emi had a way of...I don't know, she's different than other people I know.

"Thanks for letting me hang out here today."
"No problem. You're fun to hand out with. Plus, I think my brother likes you, too. Except for Trick, he usually doesn't like the guys I hang out with."
"Well I guess he has good taste in friends then."
"Yeah."

"I'm in my PJ's, Emi!"
"Excuse me, I need to tuck the little genius into bed." She opened the door and sat on the side of the bed.

There was something about her... I couldn't pin point what it was, but I really liked her.

"Good night, Pete!" Ben said from his bed.
"Night, Ben."

Emi pulled the covers over him and kissed his forehead. "Sweet dreams." She turned out the light and closed his door.

"I should get going. My parents are expecting me home for dinner."
"Okay, I'll walk you to the door."

We made our way downstairs and said our goodbyes.

"Thanks again for saving me from Jason."
"Anytime."

She gave me a hug and when I pulled away I had the urge to kiss her, but instead a mumbled "Good night," escaped my lips.
"Night, Pete."

She watched me get into my car and back out of her driveway before closing the door.

*
Review, yo.
Sign up to rate and review this story