Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Harry & Ginny After The War

by ccollins1246 3 reviews

IF YOU READ THIS, ALL I ASK IS THAT YOU LEAVE A REVIEW- PLEASE! It's two days after the war finally ends, and Ginny decides it's time to do something about Harry.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2017-02-05 - Updated: 2017-02-20 - 1076 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Ginny dear, will you please go get the lemonade I set on the counter in the kitchen?” Her mum asked her.
“Yeah, sure.” Ginny got up and walked into the kitchen.
It was May 4, exactly two days after Voldemort was defeated by Harry, and the Second Wizarding War had finally ended. In the days following, many, many people had helped to clean-up and repair Hogwarts, including the entire Weasley family along with Harry and Hermione. Hogwarts wasn’t still entirely repaired, but Professor Dumbledore had insisted that they go home and rest.
Ginny had not been able to talk to Harry alone since then. This was due to the fact that everyone had been busy with…Things. And on the rare occasions when she and Harry were in the same room, somebody else was also in the room, most of the time one of her brothers. She and Harry had not been able to talk privately...Or more.
“Here mum.” walking into the living room of the Burrow, which was currently occupied by her mum, Ron, Hermione, and Professor Dumbledore, who was making sure everything was alright with the family.
“Thank you, dear.” Her mother said as Ginny sat down.
“You know, I’ve been thinking. This war has made me realize a few things, and I’ve come up with a list of priorities. First of all,” she got up and hugged her mother “the importance of keeping family close.” Her mother was beaming at her.
“Secondly,” she walked across the room and slapped her brother across the face. Hard.
“Owww! What was that for!?” Ron cringed at the impact of the hit.
“For what you did to Harry and Hermione back in December.”
“Oh.” Ron looked at his knees, not saying anything else.
“What?” her mum looked from Ginny, to Ron, to Hermione and, back again.
“Oh, it’s nothing, Mrs. Weasley, really.” Hermione said quickly.
“Oh, yes it is! I would explain what Hermione told me, but I have more, better priorities to take care of...one of which is named Harry.” Ginny finished. Her mother, Hermione, and Dumbledore were all beaming. Ron looked surprised.
“Wha- No! Not now!” Ron said quickly, trying to find and excuse as to why not.
“And why not?” Ginny said, starting to get angry.
“Look, Harry was up in my bedroom, unpacking his trunk, and I’m sorry, but I don’t trust you two up in my bedroom, alone.” Ron said, with a sort of finality in his voice.
“Ron! You mean to tell me you don’t even trust your own best friend!” Mrs. Weasley interjected, appalled.
“Oh, no, no, no! I trust Harry. It’s Ginny I’m worried about!” Ron said, pointing at her.
“Well, I don’t trust you and Hermione alone together!” Ginny said smugly, watching as both Ron and Hermione’s faces turned red.
“Okay...whatever. You win. On one condition.” Ron said, looking up.
“What is it?” Ginny said exasperatedly, knowing that it would probably be something ridiculous.
“My only condition is… The next time you and Harry come down those stairs, you’d better be back together!” Ron said, turning to go into the kitchen.
“Right.” Ginny said, completed dumbfounded. By the looks of it, her mother, Hermione, and even Professor Dumbledore looked dumbfounded as well.
Ginny ran up the stairs, and instead of going all the way up to the sixth story, she stopped at the second floor, and entered Charlie’s old room, which was directly over the kitchen. She jumped up and down on the bed for a few seconds, and when she heard her brother scream from below, she smiled to herself and exited the room, continuing up the stairs. She stopped outside Ron’s attic bedroom door, steadying her breath. When she knocked, the door opened almost instantly, showing Harry’s face.
“Oh, hi.” he said sort of lamely, staring at his knees.
“Hi,” she said confidently, staring at his face ”Well, move over. Let me in.” she said in a mock-impatient voice. Harry nervously laughed. Ginny thought this was a good sign. She entered the room as he moved aside and closed the door behind her. She sat down on Ron’s bed, and he sat beside her after a few seconds.
They sat together in silence for a few minutes. Harry reached out and took her hand.
“Look-” he began, but Ginny cut him off.
“No, you look,” She began, not at all mad “I’ve gone the last, let’s say, nine months without you. And I’ve missed you like I’ve never missed anything else. Do you know how worried I was? How worried I was that one day I would get an issue of the ‘Daily Prophet’, with a picture of you, along with a nice long article on your tragic death, and how the entire wizarding world that’s against Voldemort was over?” she could feel tears in the back of her eyes, but ignored them “But I never did see that article. And I never lost hope in you. I knew you’d come back. I knew you would get out of this somehow. And you did. But that’s beside the point. Nine months, Harry! Don’t you ever do that to me again!” she finished, her face growing red from anger.
“Never.” Harry whispered in her ear.
All of a sudden, they were snogging. Snogging as they never had. Ginny had forgotten how soft his lips were. They sat there and snogged, and snogged, and snogged some more. They sat on Ron’s bed for a full ten minutes before they finally broke apart. They sat in silence for a few seconds, savoring the feeling.
“Well, I think that just about takes care of it.” Ginny said breathlessly.
“Yeah.” Said Harry, who was just as breathless, staring at the door to the room.
“So, we’re together again?” Harry asked all of a sudden.
“No. I just go around snogging random guys like that for fun.” Ginny said sarcastically, but there was a smile on her face. Harry laughed, not at all nervous this time. Ginny put her head on Harry’s shoulder, and he put his head on her’s.
“You know, Ron said e didn’t trust me to be alone with you in someone’s room.” Ginny said, making conversation.
“I can’t imagine why.” Harry said with a grin.
Sign up to rate and review this story