Categories > Comics > Calvin and Hobbes

Contextual Advertising Platforms For Internet Marketing

by BryanNixon1 0 reviews

Contextual advertising is the format where adverts from an effort are shown to the viewer that is online, depending on the content on the website open

Category: Calvin and Hobbes - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2017-02-07 - 307 words

0Unrated
Contextual advertising is the format where adverts from an effort are shown to the viewer that is online, depending on the content on the website open at the time. For example, the option to display adverts a "content network" is usually accessible when you set up a campaign on any of the leading search engine networks, like Google AdWords. In the case of Google, the system efforts to fit adverts to be applicable to it and reads the web page.

Contextual advertising is costly per click than search engine pay-per-click advertising. Nonetheless, this doesn't mean it's always a more rewarding way to advertise. In fact, the content network can swallow up money without delivering any return, as many folks click on adverts out of interest with no intent of making a purchase. Before attempting the content network it's usually recommended to optimise the search engine campaign.

Another type of contextual advertising is used via a pay-per-view campaign running on a software network, like Game Vance or Lead Impact. Users sign up to these networks to access online games and facilities but in return, they must put up with occasional adverts appearing. These adverts appear as pop-ups, which are new browser windows exhibiting a promotion. Common ones are teeth whitening and insurance offers. The advertiser in this case pays for every time. The cost-per-view is very low but the conversion rate is also low because most users will close the window straight away and simply see it as a small annoyance. To make this kind of advertisements work, you must try to target very special, buyer type users.

To sum up, contextual advertising can be quite successful. Nonetheless, it requires research and experimentation to make it prosperous. It really is best to attempt it at the time when you have some financial resources to examine and optimise it.
Sign up to rate and review this story