Categories > Original > Romance > The Beach

Conflict

by gtakiller0914 0 reviews

Conflict at the beach

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-09-03 - Updated: 2006-09-03 - 1598 words

0Unrated
Shelly arrived right on time at 10:00. Savannah had finished her duties at the office and talked to the clerk that came on duty at 7:00. Satisfied that everything would go smoothly while she was at the beach, she returned to her house to catch up on some laundry and cleaning. Shelly flew in the door just as Savannah finished folding her second load of laundry. She checked to see that she had her sunscreen, beach towel, sunglasses and her walkman with three of her favorite C.D.s in her bag. They went out as Savannah double-checked to make sure that everything was off in the house and the front door was locked.
Shelly led the way to her bright red 2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. The car was fast and flashy, just perfect for her personality. She had a sunroof, which she had already opened in anticipation of the trip to the beach. It was already getting warm and promised to be another hot summer day. Savannah threw her bag in the back seat and settled into the passenger seat next to her friend. Neither spoke much until they pulled out onto the highway and headed toward the beach. Savannah looked toward Shelly and said with a smile on her face, "Guess who I talked to this morning?" Shelly glanced her way with a curious look on her face. "I have no idea. Enlighten me."
Savannah smiled and replied "Mr. Blond Hunky himself. I was in the office at 6:00 this morning and he was sitting in the lobby drinking coffee and reading the paper. He said that he was used to getting up early and couldn't break the habit when he was on vacation. And to answer your next question, he is a cop. Detective with the South Carolina state patrol and a member of the U.S. Marines before that. Guess that explains all the rippling muscles."
"What else did you talk about? Did he mention anything about that dizzy redhead that he is with?" Shelly asked.
"No, that was about all he said. He asked what there is to do today and I told him about Folly Beach. I gave him directions and told him that we were going there today. He said that maybe he will see us there. And, oh yeah, he said to call him Mitch because all of his friends do". Savannah glanced sideways at Shelly who had a big grin on her face.
"Sounds like you guys are getting along pretty good. Now we just have to find a way to get rid of that dizzy woman that is hanging on his arm all the time."
"Yeah, well good luck with that," Savannah replied. "She seemed like she was pretty fond of him yesterday when they checked in."
Shelly adjusted her sunglasses on her face and turned to Savannah. "Well, we will just see about that. She hasn't dealt with Savannah Mills and Shelly Thompson yet. By the way, did you wear that new black thing that we bought when we went shopping last time?"
"I have it on right now as a matter of fact. Fits like a glove!" Savannah replied.
"Good girl" Shelly answered with a big smile on her face. "This could be interesting."



Fifteen minutes later, they arrived at the beach. Shelly parked her car in the shadiest spot available and began to unload their things. She had packed a cooler of bottled water and diet sodas. They had planned on having a late lunch at one of the nearby restaurants after they left the beach. Shelly had also brought along a bright yellow beach umbrella to protect them from too much sun.
They put their towels down on either side of the cooler and put up the umbrella. They both removed their outer clother and sandals. Shelly was wearing a dark red two-piece suit that looked great with her dark coloring. Savannah often joked that guys never even noticed her when Shelly was around. Savannah was very pretty in her own way but she did not have Shelly's dark, exotic look. Shelly tanned easily while her best friend had to be very careful with her fair skin.
They walked down to the water and waded in slowly to get used to the temperature. The water felt really good and they were soon swimming. Savannah had brought an inflatable air mattress along and she floated on it for a while. The water was calm and it was relaxing on the air mattress. She had closed her eyes and wasn't paying attention to where Shelly was. She was pulled out of her dreamy state when Shelly grabbed her arm.
"Well, well, look who is here," she said while motioning up the beach. Savannah looked in the direction that Shelly was indicating. Walking side by side across the sand were Mitch and Natalie. He was carrying a beach bag in one hand and a small cooler in the other. Natalie was carrying two beach towels. They walked to a spot about 30 yards from where Savannah and Shelly had put their stuff.
The two women watched as Mitch and Natalie stripped off their t-shirts and shorts. Natalie was wearing a brightly flowered one-piece that did little to flatter her figure. Savannah and Shelly both held their breath as Mitch stepped out of his shorts and pulled his shirt over his head. He was wearing a black pair of swimming trunks. His chest had a small amount of dark blond hair. His arms were muscular and his stomach was washboard flat. He had a small amount of hair that disappeared inside the waistband of his trunks.
Savannah and Shelly quickly looked away as they started toward the water. The beach was crowded today so the couple did not notice Savannah and Shelly in the water. The girls observed them for a while. They rarely spoke and even when swimming were not very close to each other.
Savannah and Shelly exited the water after another 15 minutes of swimming. They dried off and sat down to get a drink and catch some sun. The couple in the water still did not notice them. Shelly laid back and closed her eyes. Savannah had to apply suntan lotion to her fair skin before she could relax and lay back on her towel.
They had been lying there about 15 minutes when Savannah became aware of somebody standing near her. She looked up to see a blond man standing by her feet. He was wearing red, very revealing trunks.
"Can I help you?" Savannah asked. The man smiled and gave both the girls a long look.
"Just wondered if you need some company," he replied.
Shelly, pulling her sunglasses down to the end of her nose, replied, "No, I think that we are fine." Instead of leaving, the man stepped a little closer to the girls.
"Are you sure about that?" It was obvious that the man had consumed some alcohol before coming over to talk to the two women.
The more they tried to discourage him, the more persistent he became. Savannah decided that it was best to ignore him. Hopefully, he would get the hint and go away. After five minutes, it was obvious that he wasn't going to leave on his own.
Savannah was sitting up on her towel when suddenly an arm went across her shoulders. She looked to her left to see Mitch with a big grin on his face.
"Hey baby, sorry I am late. I got tied up and didn't get on the road as early as I planned." He leaned over and gave Savannah a big kiss on the cheek. Reaching out his other hand toward the man he said,"Hi, I am Mitch. I am Savannah's husband.
The man looked away quickly as he limply shook Mitch's outstretched hand. His eyes then settled on Shelly. Mitch quickly added, "I see you've met my brother's wife Shelly." He gave Shelly a wink that the man didn't seem to notice. The man slowly retreated. He was mumbling "Nice to meet you. Have a good day." Then he practically ran to joining his three friends down the beach.
"Thank you so much. How did you know to come over here?" Shelly asked.
"I've been watching for a while and he didn't seem to want to leave. So I though that maybe you needed a little help."
Savannah was keenly aware that Mitch's arm still remained on her shoulders. As if realizing it suddenly, he let his arm drop but not before giving a playful pinch to Savannah's right shoulder.
"Thanks again" Savannah said in a shakey voice. "We appreciate it."
"No problem. Glad that I could be of assistance to you lovely ladies" Mitch replied with that gorgeous smile.
"Where is your friend?" Shelly asked.
"Oh, she got a phone call from work. She went up to the car to talk in private. I was just killing time when I noticed your predicament. Never could turn down a damsel in distress."
He got up to his feet and brushed the sand off his rear end and legs. "See you girls around. Be careful." Shelly put his hand out to shake his. Thinking that she would look stupid if she didn't do the same thing, Savannah put her hand out toward him. Much to Savannah's surprise, he raised her hand to his lips and gave her a light kiss on the top of the hand. He released her hand and smiled. He turned and walked across the sand to where his belongings were laying.
Sign up to rate and review this story