Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Empress Lovers

All My Love

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Hitomi's last words in a letter to all who loves and the key to end the war with the Eda-Kimoto clan.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2017-02-28 - 559 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Seven: All My Love:

-March 25th, 2011-

Hitomi's last will was found under a cherry tree buried underground in a box. Kato took out a small shovel and dug up the spot.

The little box was made of soft wood. Kato lifted the lid. A faint perfume teased his nose. Folded up pieces of paper sat at the bottom.

Kato pulled them out and started reading.

To All That I Love:

I have made my decision. It wasn't easy to come to this. In the end, I am at peace with it.

I want to thank Kato-san for freeing me. You had your own motives behind it, but I am happy you came along when you did. Looking back, I feel he's trying to set things right. I hope when this is all over he can rest in peace and see his family again.

I will miss my students. They always be dear to me. Seeing their little faces every day brought meaning in my life. Their smiles made me feel normal. I wish that I could go on teaching forever. But, it was only a dream. It was a nice one, though. I will never forget it.

I am grateful to Furukawa-san for letting me teach at that school. She showed me a life outside of killing. She even gave me a place to live. I don't know if she knew about my true nature or my past, but she didn't care. She saw me as her equal. That made me feel so happy.

Again, I would like to apologize to Kato-san for killing him. I acted on orders, but it was no excuse. I did wrong, but nothing I can do can make up for it. However, I can give you this. Inside this box contains more members of the Eda-Kimoto clan. Attack the kitsune directly. If you kill them, the tsukai will die. This is the only way to secure victory. Please end this. Even they know the end is coming.

Lastly, I want to thank and apologize to Haruka-sama. She was my first real friend. She's not a bad person. Haruka-sama just wants to live. I don't blame her. But I know how she is doing it is wrong. Haruka-sama must be stopped.

I won't here to see how this war ends. I hope this nightmare will be over. For me, my part is finished. It ended the moment I agreed to betray my Haruka-sama. But it had to be done. I can't stress enough times how this has gone on long enough. But we all know that it has to end. I'm tired. Haruka-sama is desperate. The clan is dying. We are all tired. It's time to end. Only Anna-san and Tsuzuki-san can do it.

I wish everyone luck.

All of My Love,

Hitomi

Kato folded up the letter and put it in his coat. He found the list in the box. He closed up everything and recovered the hole. The old man smiled to himself.

"You did good, Hitomi-san," he said. Kato vanished into thin air.

Meanwhile, Hitomi lay alone in an abandoned field, staring up at the dark morning sky. The chain of her locket lay inches away. A little smile spread on her face.

It's down. I am finally free.

The kitsune drew her eyes closed for the last time.
Sign up to rate and review this story