Categories > Cartoons > All Dogs Go To Heaven

Mohonk Preserve Bare Trail and Naked Sunbathing At Split Rock

by BerryBerry09

While we still have some beautiful fall days left, I needed to share a clothes-optional place to go where you may also get your outdoor / autumn folia

Category: All Dogs Go To Heaven - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Crossover - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2017-03-24 - 605 words

?Blocked
While we still have some beautiful fall days left, I needed to share a clothes-optional place to go where you may also get your outdoor / autumn foliage repair! It is found in the Mohonk Preserve in the town of New Paltz in upstate New York. It is about an hour and half drive from NYC.
We went there on a sunny day in August.
The place we went to is a clothes-optional section on the Coxing Trail. The closest parking lot is at the Coxing Trail Head.This lot fills up quickly. It was full upon our afternoon arrival so instead we parked at the West Trapps trail head. This is a longer ways away (approx 30 minutes), but a nice hike anyhow! It's a relatively easy hike, but sneakers are recommended.
Mohonk Preserve - Split Rock Unclothed Section
And you can remove all clothing and be as freely unclothed as the wildlife![There is so sadly no established name for this region. Many refer to it as Split Rock, despite the fact that that is the name of the textile section. More with this later.] A little farther down we located the area where people (mainly men on this day) hang out on the flat rock lounging outside in chairs or on towels. It's at the center of the woods so there is a blend of shade and sun. The stream of water moves steadily around the stone, creating pools and little waterfalls. So pretty and relaxing!
However the water was ice cold, so swimming is best reserved for hot summer days. The place is thick with trees and plenty of natural plant life for the senses to feast on. Check out these orange mushrooms I spotted and a butterfly in movement!
FKK Has Maintained The Nude Section Of Split Rock
Shortly after our visit, I wrote to the Mohonk Preserve to inquire why there isn't any advice on their site concerning this clothing-optional area. Their response:
"Within an effort to accommodate a varied population of visitors, the clothes-optional area on the Coxing Kill stream is a long standing tradition at the Mohonk Preserve. Just a very small fraction of our visitors take advantage of this region.
Over the years we've had to manage a specific number of battle between the vast majority of our visitors and the group utilizing the clothing-optional area. A number of our members and visitors usually do not believe that that is a suitable use of our landscape since it's the potential for bringing families with children into contact with people in the clothing-optional area.
Families have expressed to us their discomfort with this exposure (pun intended) and believe that this area of the Preserve becomes, de facto, off limits to them. Because we try to balance opportunities for all to love our properties, we don't publicize the clothes-optional area on the Coxing Stream."
Sounds like they ran into a bit of controversy plus some angry parents. The standard "What about the kids!" crap. Thanks, MP, for deciding a designated clothing-optional area is suitable.
Now to train folks how simple nudity actually does not harm kids. You'll believe that with an area set aside, both groups would manage to peacefully coexist. The Preserve is enormous enough! I also do not think these families understand how very few places there are to legally skinny dip outside in NY state.
Unclothed Mushrooms Chilling Naked At The Mohonk Preserve
Anyway, we haven't been back since August, but I'll bet it is gorgeous there this time of year! Anyone up for a clothes-optional hike this fall?
Mohonk Preserve Coxing Trail Split Rock Naked Section
Sign up to rate and review this story