Categories > Original > Romance > Katy

Katy

by poisoned__kiss 0 reviews

Katy and Steve

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-09-05 - Updated: 2006-09-05 - 523 words - Complete

0Unrated
Leaning on the railing on the porch, Katy stared into the midnight sky. A tear rolled down her cheek as an orange firework exploded. Steve came up behind her, and wrapped his arms around her waist. After kissing her on the top of her head, he whispered in her ear, "Happy new year sweetie".

More tears ran down her face as she turned around and looked into his bright blue eyes. "Why do you have to go?" Katy and Steve had been dating for a two years and were inseparable.

"My parents decided that I needed more culture, Babe, I really don't want to go to Peru, but they can't be talked out of it." Steve wiped the tears off of Katy's cheek with his thumb and held her face with his hands, "I'll only be gone for a few months, but we can send letters to each other. I'll still love you when I come back honey."

He kissed her softly, and then hugged held her tightly in her arms. They were interrupted by Katy's friend Donyelle walked through the back door, "Hey you guys!" Donyelle had been Katy's friend since kindergarten, and also Steve's little sister, but Donyelle treated Katy like her own daughter, she thought that since Katy's mother wasn't alive anymore, that Katy needed someone to take care of her, but sometimes she took it too far. "Why aren't you guys inside! Its new years, you should come and party with everyone else! I understand that you aren't happy about us going to Peru, but why not enjoy us while you can?"

"You're right, we'll be inside in a second" Katy forced a smile in Donyelle's direction. She looked at Steve again and he smiled at her.

He whispered in Katy's ear, "I love you sweetie".

She whispered back, "I love you too Steve. Promise me you won't forget me?"

Still whispering, Steve replied, "I couldn't forget you if I tried." He smiled at her and then they walked back inside with Donyelle, into the mess of drunken teenagers and confetti.

They partied until four and by that time Katy was filled of alcohol, and thriving off of artificial happiness. Katy took her long brown hair out of her ponytail and shook her head. Steve smiled at her and kissed her.

"See you hun, you need to get some sleep, I'll drive you home." He took her by the hand and they walked out to his car. "I'm really going to miss you, you know. I'll be thinking about you all the time."

"I'm gunna miss you too Steve" Katy mumbled as she staggered towards the car.

Steve opened the door for her and lifted her into the leather passenger seat. Then he got into the drivers seat. He drove her home in silence. When they arrived at Katy's apartment he came around to her door and carried her out. She was too drowsy to make it into her apartment on her own, so he brought her up to her bed. Laying her in her bed, he pulled the soft covers over her body and kissed her before leaving.
Sign up to rate and review this story