Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > You Said You'd Keep Me Honest

[Chapter 1] You Are a Getaway Car

by ___closing 1 review

"They were young, impressionable; Patrick couldn't have rocked almost-a-beard status sideburns without months of preparation - and the concept of Porn Ninja had just come into being." Linny Evans h...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-09-05 - Updated: 2006-09-05 - 221 words

0Unrated
A/N: I'm trying to make this story relatively historically accurate. So, let's hope this goes well [it's tough to write a good story and write it right.]


Never again will I fully believe what I see on TV. The glitz, the glam, all of it seems completely authentic. But like going backstage for your favorite band - everything loses its ability to suck you in when you know what goes on behind the scenes. I guess that's what happens when you know the people who grace that little radioactive box in your cramped living room.

Miracle diet pills, soap opera characters that live, die, live die - and then mysteriously show up in a grocery store...all relatively plausible; but my boys looking like groomed gentlemen on national television? That's so far-fetched it oversteps the boundaries of taste. Or maybe it's just my mind playing tricks on me.

Whenever they're gone (and with touring, that's been a lot lately) I'll sit and pour over whatever memories of them come to mind; lately, those first memories really are the first memories - those fuzzy moments from way-back-when, when I first met the Dream Team (all four of them.) They were young, impressionable; Patrick couldn't have rocked almost-a-beard status sideburns without months of preparation - and the concept of Porn Ninja had just come into being.
Sign up to rate and review this story