Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Rainy Season

Broken Heart

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Charlotte reflects back on a lost past love she had back in Okinawa.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2017-05-21 - 467 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Eight: Broken Heart:

Charlotte stared out the window. The rain took her back to the past.

She wanted to be loved back then. Her parents ignored her back in Okinawa. They were wrapped up in affairs, drinking, fighting, and finally divorce. Charlotte felt like the prop. Her mom would shove her away when she wanted attention.

"Not now, honey, I'm busy," she would say. "Go play with your dolls." Charlotte's dad was no better. Sure, they showered her with gifts and nice things. But she needed more. So much more.

That's when he came along.

Yes. He was a beautiful boy. They met at school. She kept to herself in class in high school. Charlotte didn't even pay attention to the new kid in class. But he noticed her at the back of the classroom.

In fact, he made the first move.

"Hi there," the new boy greeted her after class. Charlotte didn't look up.

"Hm," she muttered. Her eyes stayed on her notebook. He reached over and slowly pulled it away. Charlotte jerked her head upwards.

"Hey!" she shouted. "What did you…?" When the girl looked up, that was it. His eyes were a rich brown that made her quiet. His round face and gentle gaze put her at ease.

"H-H-Hi…" was all Charlotte could say. Her cheeks turned bright red. The gorgeous boy chuckled.

"My apologizes," he said. "You just weren't looking at me. I had to get your attention somehow."

"Oh…" she murmured. The boy stuck out his hand.

"I'm [name]," he introduced himself as. "And you are?" Charlotte blushed.

"Eliza," she said at last. She shook his hand. Her heart raced at his touch.

-Present Day-

A pair of strong arms grabbed Charlotte from behind.

"Hi, babe," she said, sighing.

"What's wrong, Char-chan?" Takashi asked. His girlfriend shook her head.

"Nothing," she said. "Just thinking about him again." The angel kissed her on the side of her head.

"He's gone now," he said. "He won't find us out here in Tokyo."

"I hope not," Charlotte said.

What went wrong with that relationship? She used to be happy. When she fell out of love, the gorgeous boy tied to force her to stay. It took Takashi to try and help her escape.

Charlotte looked at the reflection of the room behind them. Her ornate black and gold box sat in the glass case locked up. A sad little smile spread across her face.

"But if none of that had happened, you and I would've never met," she said.

"Does it still hurt?" Takashi asked.

"Yeah," his girlfriend said. A single tear rolled down Charlotte's cheek.

"Asato-kun," Anna spoke up in their futon.

"Hm?" Tsuzuki asked. His wife looked him in the eye.

"What happens after we defeat Haruka and Eda-Kimoto clan?" she asked.
Sign up to rate and review this story